• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any Interest in Steyr SSG 69 Aluminum Trig. Guard

I ordered and paid for one from Styria Arms in March. Now 2 months later I have not received anything and they will not respond to emails. I didn't want to escalate it to this but I'd hate to see someone else lose $500+ to this guy. Does anyone have any idea of what I can do? I still want the product.

I ordered and sent funds 04/01/13. The last correspondence I had with Mayerl, he very rudely told me that he would not give me a status update and that my expected time was given on the invoice, which is "1-3 weeks". I'm on week 8 with no contact from the manufacturer.

I ordered and sent funds 04/01/13. The last correspondence I had with Mayerl, he very rudely told me that he would not give me a status update and that my expected time was given on the invoice, which is "1-3 weeks". I'm on week 8 with no contact from the manufacturer.

Sorry to hear of your issues!
Hopefully my supplier finishes the prototypes soon so we can have a lower cost high quality solution to the issues we have all been plagued with for many years.

Hopefully my supplier finishes the prototypes soon so we can have a lower cost high quality solution to the issues we have all been plagued with for many years.

It's a little unnerving, but I can understand there may be delays in a smaller shop. These Lead Engineer types just aren't the greatest communicators, I suppose.

I posted a comment on his youtube video about not having received the trigger guard or any communication from him and he emailed me immediately, asking that I remove the comment and stating that I would have it in a couple weeks. He said he has been sick and doesn't have time to work with impatient customers. I removed the comment, praised him and the product, hoping to catch a fly with honey. We'll see what happens.

Keep us informed of this, I still want one. I took my SSG out today and broke a magazine.

I posted a comment on his youtube video about not having received the trigger guard or any communication from him and he emailed me immediately, asking that I remove the comment and stating that I would have it in a couple weeks. He said he has been sick and doesn't have time to work with impatient customers. I removed the comment, praised him and the product, hoping to catch a fly with honey. We'll see what happens.

Good luck with it! I hope you get what you paid for! Keep us posted.

You are truly blessed!
I have a McMillan stock as well, and will go crazy if I can't get one ...............
Contacted Styria a couple of times in the past month, swift reply at first, then nothing.......
Can you help in some way, any tips, any friend of yours I can join to make a cumulative order or something?
I'm from Italy and would be eternally grateful !!!!!!

fluffybunny,

You are truly blessed!
I have a McMillan stock as well, and will go crazy if I can't get one ...............
Contacted Styria a couple of times in the past month, swift reply at first, then nothing.......
Can you help in some way, any tips, any friend of yours I can join to make a cumulative order or something?
I'm from Italy and would be eternally grateful !!!!!!

I spoke with CDI today… they have a few other projects to finish up first but will be working on bottom metal for the Steyr SSG69 shortly. Availability should be by end of summer…

I emailed Styria Arms yesterday asking about the status and he sent me the following response:

"Today all non european parcels go to the postal office !!!"

It looks like we will be getting them soon.

Yes, Mr M at Styria is a bit eccentric to say the least.

I think he is one of those engineers who loves being at the lathe and hates being at a desk dealing with invoices or packing and shipping orders !!

I'm interested in one too, especially if there is a group buy.

High time to upgrade from those flimsy, $69 (when you can find them) plastic magazines.

B

NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Instructor

I just can't understand why McMillan will not make a stock that will take original mags directly without bottom metal. I have asked them. They would kill the BM market.. They could add a $200 premium to the regular stock price and still nobody would complain.

Please hurry, CDI!!!! I want one of these so much, just don't trust plastic.

Jeff have you guys at CDI started with any R&D on these trigger guards yet .? and how long as a guess are we looking at here ? any prototypes yet ?as you can tell by this and many other forums including one in the UK there is a real need/want for these ..

I just heard directly from Jeff and he indeed is moving forward. His reputation is such that his product should be available soon and readily available. Good stuff...

I just heard directly from Jeff and he indeed is moving forward. His reputation is such that his product should be available soon and readily available. Good stuff...

I don`t thinks so.
Today he want to order a triggerguard from me - perhaps to copy it :rolleyes:
It was a good thing to make a registered design in europe and a register for a US patent for the important technical details - without it`s impossible to get it work with the AW or the AICS magazines because the Steyr SSG 69 is very very tricky.

Last edited:
l grabbed my plastic trigger guard today and had a go at sand casting ..!!!!!!!and it turned out a treat l cleaned it up on my home built CNC mill and now just have to machine out the magazine well for a AW or AI mag so if l can do it with my limited time and experience l`m sure you can build a cracker of a trigger guard and Yes l will be be buying one of yours l have had your trigger guards before on other guns and they are awesome value for money ....good luck and please hurry ...!!!

Just wanted to give you guys a quick update:

Just got my trigger guard from Styria Arms today. It's been almost 3 months of painful waiting but it's here and it's beautiful (and Heavy!).

I will be posting pictures ASAP.
Those of you who are still waiting, hang in there!

Just got my trigger guard from Styria Arms today. It's been almost 3 months of painful waiting but it's here and it's beautiful (and Heavy!).

Out of curiosity, what do you mean by "Heavy" ? What is the weight of the Styria Arms SSG 69 trigger guard/mag well - with the AI magazine ?

Out of curiosity, what do you mean by "Heavy" ? What is the weight of the Styria Arms SSG 69 trigger guard/mag well - with the AI magazine ?

The packaging weight says 935g - 198.4g (weight of packaging) = roughly 1.6 pounds for the trigger guard with AI mag (unloaded). Now I feel like a bitch for calling it heavy. I'll remove it again to weigh it properly when I get some free time, perhaps this Friday. Stay tuned for some pics and feel free to ask any questions. I think I may be the only one with a Styria trigger guard unit in the States so far.

The Styria Arms SSG 69 trigger guard/mag well with the AI magazine at 26 ounces is six times heavier than the Steyr Mannlicher SSG 69 trigger guard/mag well with its five round rotary magazine at 4 ounces.

So, I agree with you : it is heavy - relatively speaking.

Last edited:
I received my Styria Arms trigger guard today and wow! It's well made, HEAVY duty, and high quality. It will require a little fitting to get it to work in my McMillan stock but once I get it installed I'll post pics of the finished product. I did install it into the original stock and it fits like a glove. Many thanks to Styria Arms.

Hi, does anybody know if the CDI product will be a drop in or will require gunsmithing?

Here are a couple pictures of my Styria Arms bottom metal.

Attachments

• IMG_1045[1].jpg
    IMG_1045[1].jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_1046[1].jpg
    IMG_1046[1].jpg
    100 KB · Views: 43
Indeed, the Styria Arms trigger guard/mag well seems to be well made and rugged - but unfortunately not what I am looking for (aluminum trigger guard/mag well for the original Steyr Mannlicher SSG 69 rotary magazine).

By the way, may I ask you how much your rifle is weighting as it is pictured - with all the hardware but with an empty magazine ?

Nice McMillan stock too. Do you like it ?

I don`t thinks so.
Today he want to order a triggerguard from me - perhaps to copy it :rolleyes:
It was a good thing to make a registered design in europe and a register for a US patent for the important technical details - without it`s impossible to get it work with the AW or the AICS magazines because the Steyr SSG 69 is very very tricky.

Is*Styria Arms saying that there bottom metal will work with AW mags without any modification to the action.?l am talking about AW double feed mags.

Good question about the AW mags. Hopeful;ly Michael from Styria Arms will let us know.

Mine is in the mail as I speak. I also ordered a 5 shot AI mag. Presuming it arrives sometime soon, I may be the first person in Australia with this.

Michael from Styria Arms has been great to deal with. A bit slow replying to emails, but he was very apologetic, and from what he has told me he is extremely
busy with little time to answer emails. I do sympathize as I know what it is like working as a one man band.

By the way Burr75, the McMillan looks the part. What colour scheme is that? Also, Michael said to me that the feed lip on the mag needs bending ever so slightly to ensure correct feed. Does yours feed well?

Last edited:
I checked out a AW mag under my action there will be a little machining required around where the feed clip touches on the right hand side.

I checked out a AW mag under my action there will be a little machining required around where the feed clip touches on the right hand side.

Machining on the AW mag or the well?

You are in Australia I see, so I won't be the first . When did yours arrive?

I have my B709A here ready for if or when Customs hold the package

Machining on the AW mag or the well?

You are in Australia I see, so I won't be the first . When did yours arrive?

I have my B709A here ready for if or when Customs hold the package

No you can be the first ..ha ha l wont be ordering one of his l have made my own .from what l can see is that you need to machine a very small section of the underside of the action in the mag well Onlynfor the AW the Al mags are fine ..

No you can be the first ..ha ha l wont be ordering one of his l have made my own .from what l can see is that you need to machine a very small section of the underside of the action in the mag well Onlynfor the AW the Al mags are fine ..

Come on mate where are the pics? :)

Maybe that the Styria one works with AW mags. That would be amazing if they do.

Pm me your email address and l will send you some pics l have tried to upload some from my phone but cant get it to work .

Jeff at CDI is underway with his version.

I have a factory stock that has been painted and pillar bedded along with the factory improved version triggerguard/mag well and 1 5rnd magazine for sale in classifieds btw.

He's moving along. I'm sending him McMillan stock on Monday so he can see what that looks like as well. I expect setting pretty soon. They don't mess around over there.