• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Bushnell DMRII Issue?

jackinfl

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 19, 2008
Fort lauderdale, Fl
I just got in 2 DMRII 3.5-21×50 scopes. The magnification ring is extremely stiff. Scopes are mounted.
Is this a known issue? Is there a fix, or will it ease with use.

Thanks.

Also, these came from Doug @cameralandny
Super easy to deal with and his prices convinced me to cancel my brownells scopes that were on backorder.

I have one of the original DMR scopes from when they first came out and it is still very firm but it hasn't been thoroughly run back and forth through its range like one used in comps.
It has loosened up a bit though and I don't have a throw lever on it but is still manageable.

Reactions: jackinfl
Get a throw lever. My xrs gen 1 didn't loosen up much. My dmrii pro came with a throw lever and I don't feel like it's loosened up much either but the extra leverage helps a lot

The few DMRIIs, but I had didn't have stiff mag rings. I got one of of a bunch of ERS that had a stiff mag ring. All of them were stiff when it was cold out.

Was it stiff before you tightened the rings? If no then there is something up in your mounting system. If yes, carry on.