• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Can we please stop calling them "sticks"?

How in the HOLY HELL do people actually manage to engage in these silly-ass debates re: semantics, slang words, grammar, punctuation, etc. I mean REALLY?!?! Now you are actually engaged in a debate over what is/isn't "tactical!"

Its not a wonder the world (particularly this great nation) is in the shape its in with people wasting copious amounts of time online on some of the most meaningless, inconsequential bullshit!!!

Step away from your keyboards and go the @#$% outside and SHOOT!!! PLEASE, FOR THE LOVE OF THE ALMIGHTY!!!!! ;)

Yeah, really. Sloppy speech, sloppy writing . . . sloppy thinking.

Stick. Could be worst, but I could care less. ya know. My big deal is the loosers who spell bullets like "boolits haha.

How in the HOLY HELL do people actually manage to engage in these silly-ass debates re: semantics, slang words, grammar, punctuation, etc. I mean REALLY?!?! Now you are actually engaged in a debate over what is/isn't "tactical!"

I thought we'd already engaged in enough thought-provoking discussion on this particular topic last year:

http://www.snipershide.com/shooting/bear-pit/201204-words-id-ban-gun-community-4.html#post2619222

But attention whores are gonna whore, I guess.

Its not a wonder the world (particularly this great nation) is in the shape its in with people wasting copious amounts of time online on some of the most meaningless, inconsequential bullshit!!!

Step away from your keyboards and go the @#$% outside and SHOOT!!! PLEASE, FOR THE LOVE OF THE ALMIGHTY!!!!! ;)

Uhhh, well.... take you own advice....

As the Army says about your rifle & penis. "This is your rifle, this is your gun, this is for fighting, this is for fun":rolleyes:

That was the Marines. Whenever the Black XO came in to draw his weapon I would holler grab the xo's gat. He thought it was funny.

Don't tactical sticks have to be camo'd?

That's the LGBT camo scheme.

Here's a camo'd stick....

phasmida+stick+camouflage+indonesia.jpg

Yeah, really. Sloppy speech, sloppy writing . . . sloppy thinking.

Stick. Could be worst, but I could care less. ya know. My big deal is the loosers who spell bullets like "boolits haha.

Sloppy speech, sloppy writing...
-could be "worse", not worst.
-but "I could NOT care less", not "I could care less". If you could care less, that means that you actually do care, and there is room to care even less.

Had to point it out :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sloppy speech, sloppy writing...
-could be "worse", not worst.
-but "I could NOT care less", not "I could care less". If you could care less, that means that you actually do care, and there is room to care even less.

Had to point it out :)

You missed "loosers." ;)

So if we are wasting our time hashing out this issue, are you people whining about us hashing out this issue wasting your time?

Survey says "Prolly."

...Instead of "my Garand," it should be "my M1."

Nothing wrong with giving John Cantius Garand credit for his fine work. Our public servants that work to that level deserve our recognition.

I think the M16 may have been reffered to as the Stoner save for the fact Curtis Lemay and MacNamara realized that the name rhymed with "boner" and servicemen would have been saying shit like "I get a boner when I shoot my Stoner"

Fact its on the internet now.

Last edited:
I prefer "poor replacement for my inadequate man muscle".

Liberals leave me alone and let me do my thing without harrassment. Its the camouflage of validating them yet ignoring them at the same time.

Last edited:
"Hey everybuddy, I gut me a nu stick!!!"

Unless you are going hiking, I'm inclined to take your new "stick" away from you, and beat you with it.

They are called "rifles." Employing ghetto slang does not enhance your credibility as a shooter. (e.g. bullets are NOT "pills" either, ya friggen drug addict)

Words mean things. Use them correctly.

That is all.

Out.

PS..... Oh, yeah..... 99.42% of you have never ever bought anything that is "tactical." Stop asking about tactical products.

Quit whining....

When someone buys a new smoke pole, they want to post photos of it, because it is like no other, it's theirs! As many people on this board love to see photos of new sticks, and discuss the pills the stick lobs, the tactical paint job, all the add-ons, such as: lasers, fold-up-back up sights, extra battery packs, special switches, night vision, red lights, green lights, white lights, and which flash-hider/muzzle break looks the coolest etc., I'm not sure what they'd do if they were "required" to stop using the tac-t-cool lingo! After adding up the weight of all the extras, I'm not sure you want to piss these guys off! If they can carry all those extras all day long/week in and week out in a tactical situation, they are to be taken seriously.....just saying.

I'm not whining.

I'm instructing.

That part was understood.

George Foreman said it best, "When you let people make you mad (read: get under your skin with something), it's like letting them live rent free inside your head."

When you let things like this bother you, you allow them to take your focus off the things that are more important to you. I prefer proper English as well. But, understanding the broader versions of slang that go along with it is really a plus, not a negative. Understand it, use the correct terminology as you see it, and move on. Do remember that slang allows us to speak in code, when prying ears don't need to hear what is being said. A case in point, calling it a stick instead of a rifle allows two people who enjoy shooting to have a discussion at an office job, where saying rifle or firearm, could get you shown the door. There's a troublemaker in every place and on every job and you don't need to be his victim.

You think any of this bothers me? LOL

This is purely a public service message - "Hey, people, calling your rifle 'sticks' and you bullets 'pills' makes YOU look goofy. Like a poser."

stick stick stickity stick stick

stick

Well you can just stick it!

Stick it to 'em

one should never mistick the term stick for a rifle

sticks and stones may break my bones but my rifle will fucking kill you (actually it won't, I will, I'll just use my rifle because people kill people...).

I stick, therefore I am

Alright, I'm done.

I'm not whining.

I'm instructing.

OK time for some sanity here. The origins of calling a rifle a stick comes from the American Indian tribe cultures.
When you started this thread I found you humorous.
Truth be told you have every right to express your opinions, wheather anyone agrees with them or not. However now you claim that you are "instructing". So I will ask that you please cease from instructing your bigotry.

You stated "This is purely a public service message - "Hey, people, calling your rifle 'sticks' and you bullets 'pills' makes YOU look goofy. Like a poser." "
Please stop making ethnically derogatory statements in an open forum.

I am sure that now that you understand that the statements you have been making on this topic are a display of bigotry you will consider the feelings of others and realize that this topic is nothing more than flaming an ethnic group for the language that they grew up using. You are allowed to think what you want. You are allowed to share it privately with others that have the same feelings as you. I will defend your right to do so. But this is not the case here. As a proud member of an American Indian tribe I would ask you kindly sir to stop "instructing" others to demean a whole race of people based on the way that they speak.

Thank you.
<O:p></O:p>

If for any reason this post is seen as an infraction of the forum's rules, please forgive me. This post was not meant as a political statement but as a considerate request for some decorum and civility between the members posting on this forum.

Thank you.

Last edited:
[Please stop making ethnically derogatory statements in an open forum.

LOL.

Dude....you are pretty tightly wound. Possibly delirious. And full of hooey.

Hope it passes. :)

I think there IS some Federal aid for your humor impairment disability.

P.S. I am an American Indian. Cherokee. Get over yourself.

On the odd chance you are simply mocking typical liberal Bovine Scatology, I say.... "Good one." :)

Last edited:
Maggot like Fire Stick. Kill many bluecoats....

Maggot like Fire Stick. Kill many bluecoats....

Veer_G doesn't have enough popcorn for the potential of this thread.

The show resumes in 8 minutes, people ...

Last edited:
LOL.

Dude....you are pretty tightly wound. Possibly delirious. And full of hooey.

Hope it passes. :)

I think there IS some Federal aid for your humor impairment disability.

P.S. I am an American Indian. Cherokee. Get over yourself.

On the odd chance you are simply mocking typical liberal Bovine Scatology, I say.... "Good one." :)

I am sorry that you are having to live such an empty, bitter life that you need to stoop to this type of behavior.

I don't know if it stems from a flaw in your character, a lack of appreciation for the small amount of genitalia that
you did end up with or the mistaken impression that you have that just because your grandmother was raped by five
BIA guards during the round up for the "Trail of Tears" you should belittle and degrade a proud race of peoples while at
the same time claiming Cherokee heritage.

It appears that you have very little in your life in which you can take pride.
So you resort to this "look at me, look at me", yet passive aggressive behavior in a sad, vain attempt to wrest some vestige
of redeemable quality from an otherwise miserable, uninspired existence.

May i suggest that you find a hobby of some type that might help keep you occupied and thereby distracted from the utter
loneliness and desolation you must be feeling. I hear that learning how to shoot is quite good at occupying ones time and eventually
after you learn enough about it can add to your self esteem once you get good enough at it to display some modicum of competence.

I wish you well sir, in your endeavors to find some purpose to fill the emptiness in an up to now craven and miserable existence.

dry firing my magick wand of 308 hurling rite meow. and air' buddy knows projos is called candy by all dems dat O.A.F. dig?

Last edited:
Dead silence makes a very good point, one I had not considered until now. As some cultures use "special" terms for items, to include firearms, we should all be very PC before condemning the new phraseology. For example, when referring to a handgun, some cultures (sub-cultures) use words such as "heater" or "Rosco". Sometimes the terms, old biscuit, blazing iron, Mr. Smith, etc. are used, I know a lot of guys, myself included, are usually not impressed with this type of "new English", but it may be part of a special culture, therefore; we should all embrace this type of terminology. Dead silence, an American Indian, has grown up referring to rifles as "sticks", I am assuming in his native language the word for stick and rifle are the same, as the American Indian did not have any type of firearm, and only became familiar with firearms after they were introduced by Europeans. The American Indian liked rifles, but not their name(s). Out of pure respect for the American Indian, we should all keep silent regarding the use of the word "stick" to refer to a rifle. Just as we should keep quiet regarding the use of the word "heater" to refer to a handgun when used by street gangs in Memphis! Like it or not, they are a culture too.

Can we please stop calling them "sticks"?

But is it ok if I still tell someone that they seem to "have a major stick up their @$$" or are "being a stick in the mud" or other such uses of the word "stick?"

What if someone is "being a real pill" or otherwise needs to "take a pill?" ;)

All word/grammar/spelling/puntuation-nazis, please relax!!! If the worst thing to happen to you today (or any day for that matter) is that your delicate sensibilities are somehow offended by someone calling their "rifle" a "stick" or their bullets "pills"...I think you are probably going to live, and frankly, live quite well!! ;)

This.

If you want to be pedantic go join thehighroad.

Dead silence makes a very good point, one I had not considered until now. As some cultures use "special" terms for items, to include firearms, we should all be very PC before condemning the new phraseology. For example, when referring to a handgun, some cultures (sub-cultures) use words such as "heater" or "Rosco". Sometimes the terms, old biscuit, blazing iron, Mr. Smith, etc. are used, I know a lot of guys, myself included, are usually not impressed with this type of "new English", but it may be part of a special culture, therefore; we should all embrace this type of terminology. Dead silence, an American Indian, has grown up referring to rifles as "sticks", I am assuming in his native language the word for stick and rifle are the same, as the American Indian did not have any type of firearm, and only became familiar with firearms after they were introduced by Europeans. The American Indian liked rifles, but not their name(s). Out of pure respect for the American Indian, we should all keep silent regarding the use of the word "stick" to refer to a rifle. Just as we should keep quiet regarding the use of the word "heater" to refer to a handgun when used by street gangs in Memphis! Like it or not, they are a culture too.

Wait, what?

Before I let this go any further and stir up a S**t storm that does not need to be started:
I am an American Indian, I do take pride in that, however I do not speak my tribes native language.
I take just as much pride in being an "American" as I do in being an "American Indian".

I made valid points during presenting why the OP was acting like a douche, and you have made valid points as well, but I am in no way worried or offended in anyway by the OP's choice to present a non PC opinion.

He expressed his opinion and I expressed mine. This exchange has been less about "how dare you" and much more about a spirited exchange of ideas and opinion. The OP is a douche (meant as a rapport building term :rolleyes:) and enjoys that position
on a regular basis from what I can tell. This exchange although it may not seem to be, is not heated or offensive to either of us. He expressed his opinion and even Post Scripted in an earlier post in this thread that he acknowledged his enjoyment
of the verbal exchange (he recognized rather early that we were engaging in a verbal joust rather than a serious rehash of the age old argument "you don't like me cause I'm different".

I contacted him via PM to acknowledge to him that he was indeed correct this was a verbal joust. Even though I didn't give him much info to go on I did want to let him know this was an exchange of ideas not a heated debate from entrenched positions.
Once I read your post I could not in good conscience allow the barbs and spears continue to fly and leave everyone else in the dark to the fact that he can and has expressed his opinions freely with me and I am in no way offended by them.
This is why it is still great to live in a free society. Enjoy it while it lasts. God forbid if we ever do lose this form of freedom.

Thanks for joining in and I hope you got some enjoyment out of it as well.

LOL, exactly right.

Oh Lord have mercy...

Let's all not ever say anything at all, and adopt a "check with me" policy whereby the butthurt dictate all public thought and speech.

SOME people are "offended" they have to get out the bed and work a job. Let's put them all on public assistance. So they aren't "offended" any more.

On second thought, its easier just to call a rifle what it is - a "rifle".... NOT a "stick. Ya pogue. :)

I am sorry that you are having to live such an empty, bitter life that you need to stoop to this type of behavior.

I don't know if it stems from a flaw in your character, a lack of appreciation for the small amount of genitalia that
you did end up with or the mistaken impression that you have that just because your grandmother was raped by five
BIA guards during the round up for the "Trail of Tears" you should belittle and degrade a proud race of peoples while at
the same time claiming Cherokee heritage.

It appears that you have very little in your life in which you can take pride.
So you resort to this "look at me, look at me", yet passive aggressive behavior in a sad, vain attempt to wrest some vestige
of redeemable quality from an otherwise miserable, uninspired existence.

May i suggest that you find a hobby of some type that might help keep you occupied and thereby distracted from the utter
loneliness and desolation you must be feeling. I hear that learning how to shoot is quite good at occupying ones time and eventually
after you learn enough about it can add to your self esteem once you get good enough at it to display some modicum of competence.

I wish you well sir, in your endeavors to find some purpose to fill the emptiness in an up to now craven and miserable existence.

Quoted for posterity, and whenever I need a good laugh. ;) Thanx, bro...

In my experience, the ONLY people that talk about self-esteem, are those that lack it. People that actually have it could care less what others think of them. They don't hang on others opinions of them for validation.

This thread keeps on making me think of a Dave Chappelle Show routine ... a Wal*Mart in New Mexico? :D

My Old Lady just went to the broom closet and got her "stick." She flew off to the local grocery store for something or another, I think cat eyeballs or lizzard tongues or something, couldn't quite hear because of the whoosh of air as she left.
Does that count as to when to use the word stick? FM

The Squaw just came back at Mach 1.2, slowed to a hover and landed her stick. It was moth wings, bat hair and some kind of a brew that she brought back.
Woe is me, she checked The Hide, found my last post and went up side my head with her transporter stick causing facial contusions and lacerations of the scalp. Hospital said I could maybe go home next week.
The nurses felt sorry for me and gave me some pills for the pain. FM

Homer: Hmm. I wonder why he's so eager to go to the garage?
Moe: The "garage"? Hey fellas, the "garage"! Well, ooh la di da, Mr. French Man.
Homer: Well what do you call it?
Moe: A car hole!

For whatever reason I thought of this

The Squaw just came back at Mach 1.2, slowed to a hover and landed her stick. It was moth wings, bat hair and some kind of a brew that she brought back.
Woe is me, she checked The Hide, found my last post and went up side my head with her transporter stick causing facial contusions and lacerations of the scalp. Hospital said I could maybe go home next week.
The nurses felt sorry for me and gave me some pills for the pain. FM

At least she didn't park it in your one-stick garage.

Just wanted to jump in and say much I've enjoyed this thread. It's probably the most humerous thread currently going on here.

Good stuff all...carry on.