• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Cheap,fast,clean,safe & perfect Annealing

7mm-08 Freak

Medic
Minuteman
Jul 11, 2010
San Angelo TX
Solary Magnetic Induction Heater...

Did 100 pieces of brass in 20 minutes! To heck with $1500 commercial inductive annealing machine. Bend the correct size element to where they are 90° instead of straight, Turn your lights down low where you can see the brass just start to turn orange and go to the next one. Takes about 4-5 seconds depending on brass thickness and length. DONT USE A CHEAP PLASTIC TRAY like in pic 😂

Attachments

• 5D92E50A-49CE-4489-B8A7-327EFB57520E.jpeg
    5D92E50A-49CE-4489-B8A7-327EFB57520E.jpeg
    343.6 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:
If it works, one heck of a deal. No freaking way can justify an $1500 amp. Have the burst fire and works well. May give this a try though, wouldn't be out of lot of $$

Find the video about making a timer. Much more precise.

I WOULD like a better timer, because the one's shown in the video (and the one I have) just SUCK for setting the time. Maybe if I used it every day, but I don't. It's so clumsy and frustrating to work adjust.

Yes. Hate the timer.

It’s cheap and it works, but now that I know the setup works I’d gladly pay more money for an easier to use timer.

I wanted to buy a “Hot rod” years ago but was put off by the price. (Closer to $600 Ii
IRC, as you see and I learned there are cheaper options.) I’ve used it several times now for its intended purpose, so even if I never use it on another piece of brass, it was worth buying.

Reactions: MustangGreg66
If you were going to use a "better timer" what would it be or what features are you looking for? I've been doing a lot of research into annealing options and this seems like a good one.

This looks to me like the expensive version of using a hand torch and counting alligators. What makes its annealing perfect?