• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Confederacy snowflakes

I don’t think you should delete it. I was only saying as the OP you can delete it if you want it to go away.

The mods can lock or delete it, but this thread isn’t anywhere near them getting involved, unless the wheels come off (like you suggested). In my opinion the wheels aren’t anywhere near coming off, as a mater of fact they are just getting greased...
Ok, I will leave it. I'm just concerned that there is a lot more heat than light. I wonder if this is how Jeffrey Dahmer's parents felt?

Spare us the feigned shock. You knew where you were going with this from the OP, and said as much.
I knew it would be controversial, but I never intended to provoke such hard feelings--stupid of me looking back at it. I am sorry that I have have made enemies of some good people here. I have read their input on other topics with much appreciation. I also hope that calling me a troll is to get under my skin (if so, it was successful) and not a genuine belief.

BS. And if you’ve made any enemies here, it was your choice to call THEM that. I dare say no one here is calling YOU an enemy. This is the Bear Pit. You make the accusation, you’d better be able to stand up to the backlash, cause it’s coming, rest assured. And, those calling you a troll aren’t trying to get under your skin. They’re just calling you out, and we all know it didn’t get under your skin.

Reactions: fx77
BS. And if you’ve made any enemies here, it was your choice to call THEM that. I dare say no one here is calling YOU an enemy. This is the Bear Pit. You make the accusation, you’d better be able to stand up to the backlash, cause it’s coming, rest assured.
I'd have to look back but i'm pretty sure I've been labelled an enemy. I have not directly called anyone an enemy but can see where it might be implied. I think the backlash already came for me (unless you are referring to the more recent poster). I can take it and deserved some of it--I just regret generating it. "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity" (referring to me, just to be clear).

I knew it would be controversial, but I never intended to provoke such hard feelings--stupid of me looking back at it. I am sorry that I have have made enemies of some good people here. I have read their input on other topics with much appreciation. I also hope that calling me a troll is to get under my skin (if so, it was successful) and not a genuine belief.
Something you probably don't realize is that guys like you are on average, on about a 2 week rotation here. There was some nitwit with similar "thoughts" doing the same/similar thing two weeks ago and I can pretty much set my watch by there being someone new to take your place in another couple of weeks.

I didn't go through this thread from beginning to end (and I'm not going to waste my time by doing it), but the one thing I'm consistently curious about is "what is your point" ? Do you have one ? What is it and why in the hell is it so hard to just get to it ? And, why do you choose this specific venue to express it ? Are you here just to "fuck" with people ? What did you expect people's responses to be when you first threw the road flare into this dumpster fire of a thread ?

Something you probably don't realize is that guys like you are on average, on about a 2 week rotation here. There was some nitwit with similar "thoughts" doing the same/similar thing two weeks ago and I can pretty much set my watch by there being someone new to take your place in another couple of weeks.

I didn't go through this thread from beginning to end (and I'm not going to waste my time by doing it), but the one thing I'm consistently curious about is "what is your point" ? Do you have one ? What is it and why in the hell is it so hard to just get to it ? And, why do you choose this specific venue to express it ? Are you here just to "fuck" with people ? What did you expect people's responses to be when you first threw the road flare into this dumpster fire of a thread ?
The short refined version is that I think the flag was repurposed in the 1950s by the KKK in response to the civil rights movement and offered documentation. I did not take into account other meanings of its use by people who intend no such thing. I don't think that I took so long to get to it, although I did modify it based on others' postings. I chose this venue because I thought that I would get a productive discussion going. I did not appreciate that I was starting a thread closer to religion than politics.

The short refined version is that I think the flag was repurposed in the 1950s by the KKK in response to the civil rights movement and offered documentation. I did not take into account other meanings of its use by people who intend no such thing. I don't think that I took so long to get to it, although I did modify it based on others' postings. I chose this venue because I thought that I would get a productive discussion going. I did not appreciate that I was starting a thread closer to religion than politics.
You are giving too much credit to the Kluckers. You don't / didn't need to be in the Klan to be a mean tough redneck sumbitch!

Reactions: armorpl8chikn
You are giving too much credit to the Kluckers. You don't / didn't need to be in the Klan to be a mean tough redneck sumbitch!
Perhaps, but I never took "mean tough redneck sumbitch" to be racist and/or hate-filled on its own.

You chose a topic, of which there is rarely any "productive" discussion. Most minds are made up. Those minds rarely actually know any southerners, or they tell you they know southerners, because they saw some Klan on jerry Springer, or saw a woman on the news that just lost her trailer to a tornado.
"Redneck" is a term used to describe my kind. It is most often used as a derogatory term, for people who are poor, hard working, rough around the edges, plainspoken, and almost always speak with an "accent".
Some blacks speak with an "accent", do you refer to them in a derogatory way?

"That flag" is part of our heritage, and frankly, unless you have lived among us, you cant possibly understand what it means to us. I am personally not inclined to "explain" it to anyone, beyond telling you it has nothing to do with hating black folk, nor jews, nor even Yankees.
I can tell you we dont like being told how much better things are up north. How you do things up north doesn't cut any ice with us either.
We generally like to be left hell alone to live our lives and raise our children the way we always have.
We dont dislike folks unless they give us reason.
I may or may not own numerous flags of the CSA, and I personally think the Charleston shooting was a tragedy. I would put a bullet in that little bastard with no remorse.
We will strive to live peaceably with all men, as much as lieth within us, as the good book tells us to do.
Cross us, and you'll find out what that flag stands for.

"That flag" is part of our heritage

And what, exactly, is the "heritage" that the Confederate flag stands for?

unless you have lived among us, you cant possibly understand what it means to us

I was born and raised in the Deep South, and I am one of you "you." I'm a real-deal Cracker, through and through.

So, what, precisely does the Confederate flag "stand for"?

Misuse of the flag....
Just sayin...
Lucas ?
Screenshot_20200619-215602_Chrome.jpg

Hey, Skippy, you have explained nothing....if you want to throw out comments and then not respond to questions about them, cool. But it pretty much exposes your lack of confidence in your position and inability to put forward a coherent argument and defend it. Not surprising, and predictable. It's fun to follow the people like you down the rabbit hole of "this flag is a symbol of our heritage."

It's just bullshit. We all know it is.

Thanks for confirming, by your lack of intelligent response, that this is the case. Not to worry, I'm used to dealing with folks who lack the mental horsepower and knowledge of history to argue coherently.

You are pretty much a stereotype for the dumb Southern redneck. I enjoy your type on gun forums getting their underdeveloped rocks off playing keyboard commando.

You are truly the blunt tip of the spear.

Reactions: plong
Hey, Skippy, you have explained nothing....if you want to throw out comments and then not respond to questions about them, cool. But it pretty much exposes your lack of confidence in your position and inability to put forward a coherent argument and defend it. Not surprising, and predictable. It's fun to follow the people like you down the rabbit hole of "this flag is a symbol of our heritage."

Thanks for confirming, by your lack of intelligent response, that this is the case. Not to worry, I'm used to dealing with folks who lack the mental horsepower and knowledge of history to argue coherently.

You are pretty much a stereotype for the dumb Southern redneck. I enjoy your type on gun forums getting their underdeveloped rocks off playing keyboard commando.

You think you are a big fish.
We see this shit once a week or better.
The depth of profession and knowledge here is very deep water.
By all means lay down the Aristotle insight...

R

Still no explanation of the "great heritage" of the Confederate flag?

You chose a topic, of which there is rarely any "productive" discussion. Most minds are made up. Those minds rarely actually know any southerners, or they tell you they know southerners, because they saw some Klan on jerry Springer, or saw a woman on the news that just lost her trailer to a tornado.
"Redneck" is a term used to describe my kind. It is most often used as a derogatory term, for people who are poor, hard working, rough around the edges, plainspoken, and almost always speak with an "accent".
Some blacks speak with an "accent", do you refer to them in a derogatory way?

"That flag" is part of our heritage, and frankly, unless you have lived among us, you cant possibly understand what it means to us. I am personally not inclined to "explain" it to anyone, beyond telling you it has nothing to do with hating black folk, nor jews, nor even Yankees.
I can tell you we dont like being told how much better things are up north. How you do things up north doesn't cut any ice with us either.
We generally like to be left hell alone to live our lives and raise our children the way we always have.
We dont dislike folks unless they give us reason.
I may or may not own numerous flags of the CSA, and I personally think the Charleston shooting was a tragedy. I would put a bullet in that little bastard with no remorse.
We will strive to live peaceably with all men, as much as lieth within us, as the good book tells us to do.
Cross us, and you'll find out what that flag stands for.
Yes, you are correct that I chose a topic for which there would not be a productive discussion. I should have foreseen that but did not. I don’t think that I used the term “redneck” until the post just above yours in which I said I do not view such people as racist or hate-filled. No, I do not refer to anyone with an accent in a derogatory way.

I have learned that the flag means something different to a person in the South than in the North. No, no one owes me an explanation but I am grateful for the opportunity to have learned more.

If you read my post about my experiences, you would know that I said the North is far more racist than the South.

I don't always speak with an "accent" but when I do, it's because my blood's boiling, my Southern hospitality got thrown out the window five minutes ago, and I'm about to throw "bless your heart" out after it and start cussing in three languages. xD
Perhaps I misunderstand your post, but I think that you and armorpl8chikn are on the same side.

Enjoy your vacation

Oh wait, I forgot I dont roll like a bitch and "report" my feelings getting hurt.

Let's see if you do, liberal cunt troll.
I see your kind here every week.

I dont have time for your shit. Get off the internet and read a book.
Dont bore me.
You are the most unimaginative cunt troll I've ever seen.

There. That should do it.

Last edited:
Just to add some more upset how come no one has mentioned the Calhoun Declaration? Anybody who reads it and still insists the war was only about states rights and slavery was not an issue is disingenuous .

Just curious.... who the hell joins a long range shooting forum to ask how to fix his Mossberg Shotgun?

I can’t wait for our beloved eye in the sky resident @Thies to show up and tell us how many other gun forums you ask the same question on. Maybe he’ll be able to tell us how the upkeep on your property is too. Yea, that should be entertaining...

Perhaps I misunderstand your post, but I think that you and armorpl8chikn are on the same side.
Nah, I don't think you misunderstood. I'm Georgian and most of the time my Southern accent is either really mild or I just don't notice it anymore, unless I'm agitated enough for it to really come out, is what I meant. Or if I'm around the so-called rednecks and country folks with heavier accents (AKA when I'm around my extended family from GA). Then it comes out too. I reckon armorpl8chikn and I are on pretty similar ground as far as what he said earlier, sure, but I was just poking a little fun at the mention of accents since there really is a bit of a negative stereotype out there that all Southerners have a perpetual heavy country/redneck accent a la Larry the Cable Guy (among many other stereotypes, as he mentioned).

Just curious.... who the hell joins a long range shooting forum to ask how to fix his Mossberg Shotgun?

I can’t wait for our beloved eye in the sky resident @Thies to show up and tell us how many other gun forums you ask the same question on. Maybe he’ll be able to tell us how the upkeep on your property is too. Yea, that should be entertaining...
Bourbon’s out, huh?

good for you, have a HAPPY Saturday night.......!!!!

"Hmm...I'm curious what they're going on about in the Bear Pit today....yikes...nevermind...sorry I looked."

"That flag" is part of our heritage

And what, exactly, is the "heritage" that the Confederate flag stands for?

unless you have lived among us, you cant possibly understand what it means to us

I was born and raised in the Deep South, and I am one of you "you." I'm a real-deal Cracker, through and through.

----------
----------

Your answer:

Reactions: Son of Dorn
Ya know, it's one of those irksome things that never stops being repeated by the un-educated:

Stars and Bars:
1592746453472.png

Not Stars and Bars :
1592746511319.png

Naval Ensign:
The second Confederate Naval Ensign was a rectangular version of the Battle Flag.

You may continue your other banter regarding the motivations of the various participants in the conflict now better educated.

Still waiting to hear what this great "heritage" of the Confederate flag is all about. Crickets chirping and I see nothing but bullshit responses, including a guy linking to a Hollyweird movie.

LOL.

Confederate statues should stand and stand with pride. Right or wrong men fought and died for their homes, wives, children and families. We some day soon may have to do the same. If your way of life and everything you have worked for and loved is threatened and you were going to lose it, wouldn’t you fight and die for it? It is all not about slavery!

Greetings all,

I apologize for barging on this thread by a tangential question, but I realized that I have gaps in the history of the Civil War. Could anyone recommend a (history) book, preferably just fact based?

Kindest regards,

M

Nah, I don't think you misunderstood. I'm Georgian and most of the time my Southern accent is either really mild or I just don't notice it anymore, unless I'm agitated enough for it to really come out, is what I meant. Or if I'm around the so-called rednecks and country folks with heavier accents (AKA when I'm around my extended family from GA). Then it comes out too. I reckon armorpl8chikn and I are on pretty similar ground as far as what he said earlier, sure, but I was just poking a little fun at the mention of accents since there really is a bit of a negative stereotype out there that all Southerners have a perpetual heavy country/redneck accent a la Larry the Cable Guy (among many other stereotypes, as he mentioned).
Lived in Stone Mountain Ga for a few years and learned from a good old boy
"Just cause we talk slow don't mean we think slow" ! :)

Reactions: Cherodjr
I see nothing but bullshit responses
Is there going to be any kind of response that you don't consider bullshit? If someone were to write paragraph after paragraph in response, with citations and well-reasoned arguments and personal experience, would you accept that as a not-bullshit response? Or have you already made up your mind that any response that doesn't agree with what you want to see is arbitrarily "bullshit"?

If I say that the heritage the CSA battle flag, ensign, Stars-and-Bars, the Bonnie Blue Flag, or any other CSA-aligned flag represents is a mix of the Southern way of life, the willingness of Southerners to defend their rights and homes against whatever threat befalls them, the degree of state-based patriotism that led them to risk breaking the Union in order to preserve their economy and way of life when threatened by a government hundreds of miles away who thought demanding change without offering solutions would have a positive effect on people, and the "If we broke from Britain over our rights, why shouldn't we break from you if you'll maintain that tradition of tyranny?" attitude that still exists across the nation, will you say it's a bullshit response?

@Blue Sky Country was right with his "hollyweird" movie reference. The defenders of Jerusalem, Christian, Muslim, and Jew alike, have capitulated. They've lost. Over what? A pile of old stones that has changed hands over and over for an excess of a thousand years. It's not worth the bloodshed and animosity between the defenders and Salah ad-Din's jihad when a Christian king was able to keep a tentative peace between all three religions. But for the defenders, it was home. It was their life. It was their holy places. They would be cast out and lose everything if the city fell. To the attackers, it was theirs by divine right. It would be their home. It would be their life. Their holy places were more important than any others. They would risk losing their lives and taking others to give the city to their children if they had to.

To some, the CSA flags mean nothing. To others, the CSA flags mean everything. And to some, they mean both. The South was their home, it's our home. The flags represent our willingness to defend it, to keep it safe, and the memory of those who died in the attempt to do so. The CSA flags are no different than the Revolution-era Patriot flags in that respect.

And if this is a "bullshit response"? Well, then, that's the way it is.
1592761123364.png