• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Movie Theater District 9 - Surprisingly good

halfclue

Private
Minuteman
Dec 24, 2009
Eastern PA
Picked up a Redbox version two days ago. It was good, so I got the Blu-Ray today.

Not the same old plot - very different. Lots of fun 'prawn' weaponry as well. Very realistic effects. Give it a try.

Re: District 9 - Surprisingly good

Yeah, i was pleasantly surprised with this one. Good movie worth owning imo.

I just ate Spam and eggs for the first time, so I know how addicting cat food can be.

Umm Good!!!

Oh Yeah, damn fine movie!!

Pretty incredible just how much of this movie was ad libbed. This movie had the quality of being incredibly dark and morbid while maintaining this kind of twisted humorous undercurrent. I really liked it.

Also the mecha suit cracklin mofos off like sausages was a real violence orgasm.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ghogs Nightmare</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well glad someone liked it....I walked outta the theater. First time in a long time I've done that. </div></div>

You missed all the cracklin sausages!

Made an early retreat from the multifamily gathering at my daughter's home around the corner. Watched <span style="font-style: italic">D9</span> and <span style="font-style: italic">Terminator Salvation</span> which had been part of my personal gifts, before bed. Liked both.

<span style="font-style: italic">D9</span> was intricate, well paced, with tons of action. The semidocumentary aspects lent a sense of reality, and did a good job of displaying the media as a bunch of clueless know-it-alls. The plot is very good at surprising the viewer, over and over. I think the ending is well suited as a lead-in for a damned fine sequel.

Greg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ghogs Nightmare</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well glad someone liked it....I walked outta the theater. First time in a long time I've done that. </div></div>
I have to admit, that in the very first few minutes, I was tempted to turn off the DVD player. Looked like a badly made SciFi Borat movie.
I stuck with it, and it actually became pretty good.
What made the movie slightly worse than it could have been, is the feeling of an incomplete story being told, with District 10 hanging over you.

There's a small but very passionate visual effects community in South Africa - though many of them eventually get frustrated and go to London or come here to Hollywood. The director of "District 9" was pretty connected to that community and had made a short film that was essentially the intro of "District 9". It caught the attention of Peter Jackson, who brought him under his wing and was grooming him to direct the "Halo" movie that was in development. When that project fell apart, Jackson offered him $30 million to make a movie of his own choosing (that's chicken scratch for visual effects oriented movies, BTW).

The main actor in "District 9" wasn't really an actor by intention; he'd been a visual effects producer on previous projects. Next year we'll get to see him play Murdoch on the "A-Team" film.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mooner</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did anybody notice when they attached the barrel and then fired the 20mm sniper rifle? Here is a YouTube video of the rifle http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXLRYf9EV2Y </div></div>

Thats what I saw. Wasn't aware it was a 20mm thou.

yep it was good. I liked it. My wife didn't care for it ( at least the beginning)