• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

DTA SRS Feeding issues?

jzerfoss

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 29, 2019
WV and VA
What are some of the cartridges that the DTA SRS has had feeding issues with in factory mags? I've heard that the short action Magnums have been a problem for a few. Are there any others?

Reactions: wade2big
Short Action Custom - mid action mag upgrade (link) fixes the short action magnum issue.

Stubby cartridges like the 6BR and derivatives don't play nice and obviously no rimfire. Everything else is good to go.

I love me some short action customs but I can't see myself spending $70 to fix a $70 magazine. What magazine came with the factory 7wsm? I can't imagine them offering that as a factory caliber if it had feeding issues.

I love me some short action customs but I can't see myself spending $70 to fix a $70 magazine. What magazine came with the factory 7wsm? I can't imagine them offering that as a factory caliber if it had feeding issues.

LOL... this line of thinking has for years and probably will always make me laugh.

$3000 scope + $2,600 chassis + $1500 conversion kit = meh, no problem... but holy shit an extra $70 for each magazine... Yep, that's the part that is an unreasonable amount of money out of this whole package...

Makes perfect sense... well... OK, not really. Thanks for the laugh though.

LOL... this line of thinking has for years and probably will always make me laugh.

$3000 scope + $2,600 chassis + $1500 conversion kit = meh, no problem... but holy shit an extra $70 for each magazine... Yep, that's the part that is an unreasonable amount of money out of this whole package...

Makes perfect sense... well... OK, not really. Thanks for the laugh though.

If you love paying extra for something that should work in the first place all means go ahead. I prefer to not spend money when I don't have to especially when they offer a short action magnum caliber from the factory.

Anyway back to the subject at hand. Does anyone know what magazine length they used for the 7 wsm and do the short action Magnum only have problems and specific magazines?

If you love paying extra for something that should work in the first place all means go ahead. I prefer to not spend money when I don't have to especially when they offer a short action magnum caliber from the factory.

Anyway back to the subject at hand. Does anyone know what magazine length they used for the 7 wsm and do the short action Magnum only have problems and specific magazines?

I agree with you. I really like my SRS A1 but I would be rather pissed if the supplied magazine that it came with didn't work.

Mine actually needed a debur treatment of the feed lips in 308 for rounds to feed right and it pissed me off as I don't have those kinds of issues with my AI.

"Love paying extra"... nope, that's not it.

I'm just being realistic. Looking for DTA to make anything 100% is like the old shit in one hand, wish in the other and see which fills faster analogy.

If you want a truly unique system DTA offers that, but it comes at the cost of not being as refined or trouble free as other systems. Not trying to be a dick, but I'm not going to sugar coat it either. It is what it is and the entire DTA thread is filled with evidence of the trials and tribulations that can go along with these systems. If you're not willing/able to deal with those tribulations and/or solutions that go along with that uniqueness... Well, it might be a good time to admit that DTA might not be the right choice for you. In that case it's nice that you have options as something from AI is likely to make you much happier as they are quite a bit more refined and more likely to be 100% good to out of the box.

By the way, factory 7wsm conversions ship with the regular long action mag. Max coal 4".

"Love paying extra"... nope, that's not it.

I'm just being realistic. Looking for DTA to make anything 100% is like the old shit in one hand, wish in the other and see which fills faster analogy.

If you want a truly unique system DTA offers that, but it comes at the cost of not being as refined or trouble free as other systems. Not trying to be a dick, but I'm not going to sugar coat it either. It is what it is and the entire DTA thread is filled with evidence of the trials and tribulations that can go along with these systems. If you're not willing/able to deal with those tribulations and/or solutions that go along with that uniqueness... Well, it might be a good time to admit that DTA might not be the right choice for you. In that case it's nice that you have options as something from AI is likely to make you much happier as they are quite a bit more refined and more likely to be 100% good to out of the box.

By the way, factory 7wsm conversions ship with the regular long action mag. Max coal 4".

At least the last part was helpful. Thank you