• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Physical Fitness FACT: Chilli without beans ain’t Chilli !!!!

Bear Pit Exercise Routine
No sir, cornbread is no game.

Thats why sweet cornbread is what angels in heaven eat. None of that that pasty, tasteless shit, no jalapenos in it either. Or pecans/nuts. If you dont like sweet cornbread and you don't make it from scratch you are going to hell. Period.

There, that should get some uber liberal, turtle neck wearer on this forum going.
Sweet cornbread? You probably bake it in a square dish too...

Some people's children (stealing that line)

Ok, let's just go ahead and get this cornbread thing out of the way before one of you comes in here with some faggotry about cornbread and I have to go all Will Smith !

And this definitely pertains to this thread because nothing goes better with chilli, than Cornbread .

This is simple
Start with a good Buttermilk cornbread recipe. Add chopped Bell pepper , Oinion, Jalapeños , and most importantly, cracklin's.
COOK IN A SKILLET - very important !
Remove from oven and smother shitloads of butter on top while hot .

ATTENTION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Under no circumstance, should there ever be sugar included in cornbread you motherfucking pinko hippies .
There is a special layer in Hell for you Yankees and your sugar cornbread and you deserve to burn FOREVER 🔥 along with your children and your gay pet poodle !

There it is ....now you know, now its settled, case closed , that's it !

Reactions: Major Wader
Ok, let's just go ahead and get this cornbread thing out of the way before one of you comes in here with some faggotry about cornbread and I have to go all Will Smith !

And this definitely pertains to this thread because nothing goes better with chilli, than Cornbread .

This is simple
Start with a good Buttermilk cornbread recipe. Add chopped Bell pepper , Oinion, Jalapeños , and most importantly, cracklin's.

ATTENTION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Under no circumstance, should there ever be sugar included in cornbread you motherfucking pinko hippies .
There is a special layer in Hell for you Yankees and your sugar cornbread and you deserve to burn FOREVER 🔥 along with your children and your gay pet poodle !

This is by far the most ridiculous bullshit I have ever seen in the Pit. Yup. Let me help you.

Skip everything after the word "add". You are welcome.

Reactions: Im2bent
Just wait until we get to how to make a pot of beans. And then the Holy Grail of All Food: cornbread. I expect the Bear Pit to fall completely apart.
There’s at least consequences for not preparing beans properly. The only thing “wrong” with making chili the wrong way is it makes some peoples’ vaginas hurt

Reactions: FWoo45
Ask @hlee I think he's from TX.
Guilty, though I learned of Turkey Chili right here in this thread. It sounds like something that you would find in CA. I did do a bit of internet sleuthing, and found a number of turkey chili recipes. They all seem to have 1 of 2 things in common. They are either incorporating turkey because it tends to be lower fat (healthier) than beef, or they are quick (like 30 minutes)- or both. This sounds like some house-wife logic, so I am putting the fault of Turkey Chili squarely at the feet of the wiminz.

Reactions: MtnCreek and lariat
Texans invented white bean & turkey chili.
never tried turkey, white chicken chili ( with beans ) is good
This is by far the most ridiculous bullshit I have ever seen in the Pit. Yup. Let me help you.

Skip everything after the word "add". You are welcome.
At least he didnt say "add cream corn or whole corn ".

Reactions: lariat and TheHorta
After going through this entire thread you twat's apparently don't know much about cornbread. If it's going to be cornbread bake it in a glass square pan so it don't get that nasty hard crust on the outside, otherwise you only get one good piece of cornbread ( the one in the middle).The the only thing that should grace the top of said slab of cornbread is butter and molasse's, honey a distant 2nd. Now the real deal, once you try these you'll throw all that cornbread shit out the door. Corn meal baking powder biscuits. Just be sure to soak your cornmeal in lemon juice ahead of time. When you bite into one you will squirt down your leg. And yes I put pinto and kidney beans in my chili.

• Haha
Reactions: TheHorta
Wanna real see them squeel like a little girl ?
Chili is NOT Texan.
Chili is Mexican, from Mexico from Juan and Maria and Julio and Rosalita.
You know, Mexicans in Mexico.
There is Chili Rojo, also called Chili Colorado, and there is Chili Verde.
Chili Rojo is like the recipe I posted earlier in this thread.
Beef chunks simmered in a red sauce made from dried chilis.
Chili Verde is pork chunks simmered in a sauce of tomatillos, serrano chilis, cilantro, lime, and onion.
Both usually have garlic, cumin, and mexican oregano.

Look it up.
You Mexicans should know the drill. Once Texas claims something, it's over.

They keep it and defend it to the death.

It is generally accepted that the chili queens in San Antonio started the love affair.

And the recipe above for the chilie rojo is basically gospel for a bowl of red.

How you do the meat, the particular red chillies you use and amount of each spice is about all you can mess with and call it a bowl of red.

Truth.

Reactions: FWoo45
6ajjgj.jpg

After going through this entire thread you twat's apparently don't know much about cornbread. If it's going to be cornbread bake it in a glass square pan so it don't get that nasty hard crust on the outside, otherwise you only get one good piece of cornbread ( the one in the middle).The the only thing that should grace the top of said slab of cornbread is butter and molasse's, honey a distant 2nd. Now the real deal, once you try these you'll throw all that cornbread shit out the door. Corn meal baking powder biscuits. Just be sure to soak your cornmeal in lemon juice ahead of time. When you bite into one you will squirt down your leg. And yes I put pinto and kidney beans in my chili.
I bet you have a Justin Bieber cd in your console!

No sir, cornbread is no game.

Thats why sweet cornbread is what angels in heaven eat. None of that that pasty, tasteless shit, no jalapenos in it either. Or pecans/nuts. If you dont like sweet cornbread and you don't make it from scratch you are going to hell. Period.

There, that should get some uber liberal, turtle neck wearer on this forum going.
Amen brutha!

That should make their perfectly pedicured, Birkenstock encrusted toes curl.

We will be scheduling a cornbread and chili intervention for you. Bring your glass whatever you make your version of “food” in, you won’t be needing it any longer.

Anyone going the skillet chilli rout.

Look up Williams brand chilie mix.

It does not contain salt you add your own to your preference.
It does not contain fillers (gluten ?) so if you have medical reasons you have controll of those issues.

And it tastes awsome.

Wanna real see them squeel like a little girl ?
Chili is NOT Texan.
Chili is Mexican, from Mexico from Juan and Maria and Julio and Rosalita.
You know, Mexicans in Mexico.
There is Chili Rojo, also called Chili Colorado, and there is Chili Verde.
Chili Rojo is like the recipe I posted earlier in this thread.
Beef chunks simmered in a red sauce made from dried chilis.
Chili Verde is pork chunks simmered in a sauce of tomatillos, serrano chilis, cilantro, lime, and onion.
Both usually have garlic, cumin, and mexican oregano.

Look it up.
Someone tell him the history of Texas....

Chili as we know it is from San Antonio, the spice blend recipes were brought by the Spanish from the Canary Islands in the 1700s. However, you started seeing chili con carne served by the "chili queens" in San Antonio in the mid 1800s AFTER Texas won its independence. So it was The Republic of Texas when you started seeing it.

It's hard to really troll when you don't know anything.

Last edited:

This is simple

ATTENTION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You lost me at bell peppers, why would I eat something called a pepper that isn't the least bit spicy? Use jalapeños and thank me later.

Someone tell him the history of Mexico....

Chili as we know it is from Mexico, the spice blend recipes were brought by the Spanish from the Canary Islands in the 1700s. However, you started seeing chili con carne served by the "chili queens" in the Mexican Republic of San Antonio in the mid 1800s AFTER small-testicled white men stole their food, heritage and land from Mexico and called it their own. So it was with the America-hating Communist Republic of Texas when you started seeing it.

You know, it’s a full time job following you around the internet and cleaning up all of your mistakes.

• Haha
Reactions: forrestgump01
You lost me at bell peppers, why would I eat something called a pepper that isn't the least bit spicy? Use jalapeños and thank me later.
Bell peppers are for flavor you numbnut ! Some peppers serve a purpose other than just spicey .
But that just proves you have to put so much heat and spice into your "Texas chilli " to cover up the flavor because it sucks ass !

There is still time for you to repent and change your wicked ways .
If you want me to lead you out of the dessert and into the promised land , then your gonna have to stop being so stubborn !

Chili as we know it is from San Antonio, the spice blend recipes were brought by the Spanish from the Canary Islands in the 1700s. However, you started seeing chili con carne served by the "chili queens" in San Antonio in the mid 1800s AFTER Texas won its independence. So it was The Republic of Texas when you started seeing it.

Mmmmk, sure thang, you betcha.

In writings from 1529, the Franciscan friar, Bernardino de Sahagún described chili pepper-seasoned stews being consumed in the Aztec capital, Tenochtitlan, now the location of Mexico City. The use of beef as the primary meat originated with Spanish colonizers.[1] In Spanish, the term "chile con carne", consisting of the word chile (from the Nahuatl chīlli) and carne, Spanish for 'meat', is first recorded in a book from 1857 about the Mexican-American War.[1] A recipe dating back to the 1850s describes dried beef, suet, dried chili peppers and salt, which were pounded together, formed into bricks and left to dry, which could then be boiled in pots in an army encampment in Monterrey, of what is now Nuevo León, Mexico.[1][3]
That actually took only slightly more than 3 fucking seconds to find.

Bell peppers are for flavor you numnut ! Some peppers serve a purpose other than just spicey .
But that just proves you have to put so much heat and spice into your "Texas chilli " to cover up the flavor because it sucks ass !

If you want me to lead you out of the dessert and into the promised land , then your gonna have to stop being so stubborn !
The only thing I’ll eat bell peppers in is Cajun food because they don’t overwhelm it, I don’t like them. I make everything spicy even the jelly I buy has a shit ton of habaneros.

No seas Pendejo lol

Mmmmk, sure thang, you betcha.

That actually took only slightly more than 3 fucking seconds to find.
We are talking Texas red style chili con carne not the various similar dishes. There’s probably hundreds of meat and chili stews, they aren’t all chili as we know it.

It is actually easier to troll if you don’t know anything…

Lets get this lame assed cornbread thing to bed too shall we ?

1 package Krusteaz brand cornbread mix.
You can use either the regular or honey style depending on your prefs.
Mix as package defines.

Add:
1 pound shredded cheese, {optional} up to 50% more if desired (sharp is best, Colby Longhorn ain't bad, any cheddar is alright, mexican 4 cheese sucks because it's bland).
1 pound slightly over cooked ground beef that has been drained, you want it very well carmelized.
About 12-15 fresh thinly sliced jalapeno chili's, do not deseed.
About 1/2 of a large brown onion sliced thinly and pre-cooked in fry pan with small amount of butter till slightly browned

Mix well and place in whatever type pan you f'n desire to bake it in being aware that the mixture will expand to at least twice it's current size as it bakes.

Bake as directed on package

Now that is how the fuck men make real cornbread.
We don't bitch, we don't whine, and we certainly do not cry.
We eat the fucking shit with the knowledge that this is how god defines heavenly cornbread.

Mix as package defines.

Add:
1 pound shredded cheese, {optional} up to 50% more if desired (sharp is best, Colby Longhorn ain't bad, any cheddar is alright, mexican 4 cheese sucks because it's bland).
1 pound slightly over cooked ground beef that has been drained, you want it very well carmelized.
About 1/2 of a large brown onion sliced thinly and pre-cooked in fry pan with small amount of butter till slightly browned

Mix well and place in whatever type pan you f'n desire to bake it in being aware that the mixture will expand to at least twice it's current size as it bakes.

We eat the fucking shit with the knowledge that this is how god defines heavenly cornbread.
I’d eat it, but that’s a casserole at that point. Cornbread is great because it’s simple and tastes good as hell with butter alone

Reactions: riverside jeep
Bell peppers are for flavor you numbnut ! Some peppers serve a purpose other than just spicey .

That is what most chili cook off in Texas are...they think if it can burn a hole through the bottom of a styrofoam cup/bowl (not with temperature) it makes it "good". If they have to make it painful, the whole point has been missed. I can appreciate heat, but there has to be a balance, one important part needs to be flavor.

Reactions: Im2bent and lariat
That is what most chili cook off in Texas are...they think if it can burn a hole through the bottom of a styrofoam cup/bowl (not with temperature) it makes it "good". If they have to make it painful, the whole point has been missed. I can appreciate heat, but there has to be a balance, one important part needs to be flavor.
I cook for me not groups, they can make their own food. I don’t make my chili overly spicy oddly enough.

They intentionally make it spicy hot so you can't tell they don't know how to make it tasty.

Reactions: Cowpokey
Most of the stuff people call spicy isn’t the least bit spicy at all. It’s the fact everything they cook is bland as hell.

Reactions: Jgunner and FWoo45
Competition chili is to chili made for consumption as a PRS rifle is to an extreme backpacking hunting rifle. They’re just different and comparable only in name and basic ingredients.

Competition chili is to chili made for consumption as a PRS rifle is to an extreme backpacking hunting rifle. They’re just different and comparable only in name and basic ingredients.
That was surprisingly hard to read. It looks like english, but damn!

Prepackaged mixes are the debil. Anyone posting “recipes” that include box mixes are hereby banned from the discussion. You know not of which you speak.

And cornbread should not be sweet.
We were good until that last sentence. I think we should see other people.

Mix as package defines.

Add:

I dont know what happened here to the cornbread, but I know its dead. And I know this isn't morally right - this is a corn kit shepherd's pie or some such casserole, not cornbread.

Reactions: Im2bent