• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Physical Fitness FACT: Chilli without beans ain’t Chilli !!!!

Bear Pit Exercise Routine
so by Texan logic, if someone brings something from a foreign land to Texas, Texans claim they invented it? :)

Pretty sure the quote above was written by a Texan, not realizing that Chili spices came from the Spanish, San Antonio was founded by Spanish, and the chili con carne was invented when San Antonio WAS Mexico

Did Texans invent Tequila too?
J, F, C. Chilis, meaning the peppers that give the dish its name, are indigenous to the new world- Not Europe.

Fun Fact, until the discovery of the new world, asian cuisine was not made with chili peppers. Why?

Pretty sure you posted your way right out of any relevance in this thread.

Alright, lets settle this cornbread issue: First, I'm right about the sweet cornbread. Second, for you Austin types and flip-flop wearers that squat when you pee, here is your ARTISAN CORNBREAD:

One thing I forgot to mention earlier: when I was a kid we used to slice a piece of cornbread, put Miracle Whip on it, throw some meat in it and eat it as a sandwich. VERY good. Still enjoy that.

Last edited:
Brenda Lea loves to make vegetable soup with chicken or venison or beef, depending on the mood and what’s available. She Always has a iron skillet of corn bread to go with it.

Me, I am a connoisseur of Canyon Casserole. Easy to make and ground venison works great (see the pattern here, lots of venison served in our family, why, because we hunt, kill, butcher and pack our own meat)

Anyway, back to the subject at hand, the Canyon Casserole has a cornbread topping. Works great more filling. (I once shot a deer while eating supper of Canyon Casserole. True story)

Your contention, quoted above, is that the chili spices came from the Spanish...

Spain =/= Mexico
Spanish =/= Mexican

I contend that Chili peppers are not native to Europe (though they are native to the southern portions of North America- and, yes we have native/wild chili peppers right here in Texas) and, thus, did not "come from the Spanish."

Whether derived from an Aztec stew featuring fresh Spanish Conquistador, or from a dish created by transplanted Canary Islanders, no one disputes that Chili- as we know it today- was "invented" and popularized in and around San Antonio. Moreover, that popularization occurred after Texas broke away from Mexico. With or without beans. Mild, medium, or 5 alarm. Sweet or savory cornbread. Chili belongs to Texas. The rest of you will forever be pretenders to the throne.

Your contention, quoted above, is that the chili spices came from the Spanish...

Spain =/= Mexico
Spanish =/= Mexican

I contend that Chili peppers are not native to Europe (though they are native to the southern portions of North America- and, yes we have native/wild chili peppers right here in Texas) and, thus, did not "come from the Spanish."

Whether derived from an Aztec stew featuring fresh Spanish Conquistador, or from a dish created by transplanted Canary Islanders, no one disputes that Chili- as we know it today- was "invented" and popularized in and around San Antonio. Moreover, that popularization occurred after Texas broke away from Mexico. With or without beans. Mild, medium, or 5 alarm. Sweet or savory cornbread. Chili belongs to Texas. The rest of you will forever be pretenders to the throne.
I saw what you did there. It changes nothing. Sweet is the shit.

• Love
Reactions: TheHorta
OK, now that the cornbread thing is settled we need to figure out this bean issue since they will not be placed in the chili. Listen up, here is the truth: beans are beans, but they can be ranked in order of deliciousness. Pintos are the best.

To make a good pot, you only need pintos, salt, water and a ham hock (preferably) or other piece of a pig with a high fat content. Cook until soft with medium heat in a crock pot. Easy. NO PRESSURE COOKER - it doesn't give the flavor time to develop properly.

Now on new year's day it black-eyed peas with the same process. And cornbread.

I figure the communists will be along directly to disagree.

Last edited:
Reactions: tomcatmv
OK, now that the cornbread thing is settled we need to figure out this bean issue since they will not be placed in the chili. Listen up, here is the truth: beans are beans, but they can be ranked in order of deliciousness. Pintos are the best.

To make a good pot, you only need pintos, salt, water and a ham hock (preferably) or other piece of a pig with a high fat content. Cook until soft with medium heat in a cock pot. Easy. NO PRESSURE COOKER - it doesn't give the flavor time to develop properly.

Quoted for posterity...

• Haha
Reactions: lariat

To make a good pot, you only need pintos, salt, water and a ham hock (preferably) or other piece of a pig with a high fat content. Cook until soft with medium heat in a crock pot. Easy. NO PRESSURE COOKER - it doesn't give the flavor time to develop properly.

Add onions garlic and start with broth.

Try it one time on a small pot of beans.

But do not put them in chilli.

Last edited:

Pork jowls sliced thick and fried in a dutch oven before adding beans. (y)

You know, most of the people living in Texas have the same thing in common with the Spanish and Mexicans.
Ive watched videos my friends post talking about shit Mexicans in Texas do, half the white people are just light skin Tejanos I guess.

If I’m honest it’s not traditional but I like sausage in my beans too sometimes

So how many of you have cooked chili skin e this thread started?

Texas Red, which is the only real version of chili, was created in San Antonio. For the unwashed people that hate baby Jesus and put beans in their chili here is a little reading for you:

So how many of you have cooked chili skin e this thread started?
Sunday evening, so a day into the thread. Bought the ground beef for meatloaf but ditched that idea and went chili. Put two cans of redbeans in it.

Reactions: stemikel
Sunday evening, so a day into the thread. Bought the ground beef for meatloaf but ditched that idea and went chili. Put two cans of redbeans in it.
Same for you, DEPORTED lol

I just ate chili with no beans like sweet 8lb 6oz perfect baby Jesus laying there in his manger intended. Every time you put beans in your chili you're slapping baby Jesus, is that what you want him to bring up when you meet him?

.....with saltines because I didn't want to make more shit.

Same for me Sunday night 3 large cans of kidney beans. So if I get deported to the Ukraine can I fight for the Russkies?
Sure if you'd like, you'll be their new comfort man. WW2 Japan style.

• Love
I just ate chili with no beans like sweet 8lb 6oz perfect baby Jesus laying there in his manger intended. Every time you put beans in your chili you're slapping baby Jesus, is that what you want him to bring up when you meet him?

.....with saltines because I didn't want to make more shit.
Saltines are perfectly acceptable. :)

As long as you don't put them IN the fucking chili :eek: