• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bought mine from a LGS with a SilencerShop kiosk.

7-6-20 purchased suppressor
7-8-20 form 4 completed
7-14-20 Single Shot Trust generated
7-24-20 tax stamp cashed
4-14-21 approved
4-29-21 stamp arrived

Bought mine from a LGS with a SilencerShop kiosk.

7-6-20 purchased suppressor
7-8-20 form 4 completed
7-14-20 Single Shot Trust generated
7-24-20 tax stamp cashed
4-14-21 approved
4-29-21 stamp arrived

Maybe mine will finally come on in then. That's about a month before my 3 were done.

I sure as hell wouldn't say anything about it at this point. I doubt it will matter. After you get it, then find out how to correct it if you want, or just don't worry about it.
Exactly. I’m not saying SHIT, lol. Also I have a UPIN so I am hoping that clears up any potential confusion.

I sure as hell wouldn't say anything about it at this point. I doubt it will matter. After you get it, then find out how to correct it if you want, or just don't worry about it.
So quick update. I ended up emailing the NFA email. To try and get an update, and the guy hit me with a generic response telling me to call. I told him that wasn’t good enough because I had to make sure my UPIN was on there, and if I could speak to my direct examiner. He ended up forwarding my email to a lady that told me that she saw both of my form 4’s. Yet neither one of them showed my UPIN. She told me my background had been done in February of this year, but had been delayed and was in a backlog with the FBI and that they were currently somewhere in Nov 2020. She asked me for my UPIN And said that she would make sure it was put on both forms. I sent it to her and she responded about nine hours later telling me she had put it on both forms and had gotten my first background approved and told me she went ahead and spoke to my examiner so that she could push through my form 4. Good day today 🙂
I emailed the generic ATF NFA specific email, BTW.

ALWAYS BE AS NICE AS POSSIBLE. THANK THEM ABUNDANTLY AND BE PATIENT. IT WILL WORK IN YOUR FAVOR. Just a friends P.S.A

Last edited:
So quick question guys. 6 months from cashed 11/12/2020 today. Form 4 individual. Looking over my file copy of my form 4 and I realized my dealer made a mistake. Under box 17a he put “not Hispanic or Latino” when I am indeed Hispanic or Latino. Anyone know if this will cause some issues?
Thanks!

I wouldn’t worry about it, not sure why your race/ nationality even has anything to do with it. Besides I am European American and I have to keep checking white and I am more of a off white to tan, sometimes red if I forget to use sunscreen

• Haha
Reactions: MalakaPapi
I wouldn’t worry about it, not sure why your race/ nationality even has anything to do with it. Besides I am European American and I have to keep checking white and I am more of a off white to tan, sometimes red if I forget to use sunscreen

Because the only way to stop all the race hustling, constant drama, constant issues, ect.. is to stop talking about race all the time.... And they can't have that.

Had my dealer request a certified copy... hopefully the original will come before the additional 45 days it takes to received the certified copy...:(
My can approved early April and it took 2 and half months to receive the stamp.

ATF just answered an "Ask the Expert" question today...

I asked it in January!

The goddamn things were approved in February. Go figure.

Wondering what the hold up is on the current two... But I figure I'll know one way or another Christmas, which seems about when I'd get a reply. The paper form4 --shit, I submitted one sometime last fall, still nothing.

You'd think with THIRTY tax stamps, that they could expedite this shit already.

Reactions: 92G
Will keep this one updated, because I noticed a few people discussing the time it took from purchase to get the Form 3 sent and approved, before the can got shipped to their local dealer (SOT).

Sandman-S FDE MIL Contract (SS Single-Shot Trust)

Purchased: 5-4-2021
DocuSign: 5-5-2021 (early morning)
Form 3 Sent: 5-5-2021 (afternoon)
Form 3 Approved: 5-10-2021
Shipping to SOT: 5-11-2021
Can Arrived @ SOT: 5-14-2021
Form 4 Sent to ATF: 5-14-2021
Stamp Cashed:
Approved:
In-Hand:
Update...

Efile is the straight up titties man! For Form 1 anyway. I guess they work Saturdays now because my form literally came back TODAY, I mean, it's even dated today. (Thanks Brian!)

I gotta say, hats off to the ATF for making this happen.

I filed two SBR's in January, got 'em back in just over a month.

These second two SBR's I filed April, first on the 9th, the other a couple days later (so it should be back any time really). These two were MUCH easier to file because I didn't have to attach a trust --just an affidavit claiming I'd had one approved within the last two years and that the trust hasn't had any changes since. It no-shit took all of like 20 minutes to file the last two.

So far, it's been pretty consistent, 35ish days.... Hell, it's taking me that long to get the engraving handled!

Too bad Form4's aren't efile... I forget how long I've been waiting on this FA762SS but I think it's been about 8 months for the Form4 alone.

Efile is the straight up titties man! For Form 1 anyway. I guess they work Saturdays now because my form literally came back TODAY, I mean, it's even dated today. (Thanks Brian!)

I gotta say, hats off to the ATF for making this happen.

I filed two SBR's in January, got 'em back in just over a month.

These second two SBR's I filed April, first on the 9th, the other a couple days later (so it should be back any time really). These two were MUCH easier to file because I didn't have to attach a trust --just an affidavit claiming I'd had one approved within the last two years and that the trust hasn't had any changes since. It no-shit took all of like 20 minutes to file the last two.

So far, it's been pretty consistent, 35ish days.... Hell, it's taking me that long to get the engraving handled!

Too bad Form4's aren't efile... I forget how long I've been waiting on this FA762SS but I think it's been about 8 months for the Form4 alone.

Man wth? How does the "FBI background check" get done for you and so many others are waiting for it still??? "The. FBI is currently on request we sent them in November " .... What a load of bull shit

Man wth? How does the "FBI background check" get done for you and so many others are waiting for it still??? "The. FBI is currently on request we sent them in November " .... What a load of bull shit

This is what @Strykervet really looks like. Everyone knows that the pretty people get whatever they want.

df6d41bdd75fcd8d8b477b806c7e8ade257a5fb0.jpg

Last edited:
I would call the ATF and see what they need you to do…otherwise you may have to resubmit everything.
Yeah, ATF lady was no help. Basically she said that some other office processes payment and if it was declined it will get returned to dealer.

My bank said that they entered in wrong expiration date and cv number for the transaction.

So either I fucked up on entering my cc info on the application or they fucked up entering my cc info into their system for processing.

Shoulda took a picture of it before submitting.

This is what @Strykervet really looks like. Everyone knows that the pretty people get whatever they want.

df6d41bdd75fcd8d8b477b806c7e8ade257a5fb0.jpg
You almost made me piss myself!

Mine has a shorter barrel though...

How they manage this stuff I'll never know. I looked up that paper form4 --apparently I filed it Dec. 29, not last fall, so I'm still waiting on that. But Efile has just been amazingly fast. Maybe it's different, handled differently? The background checks I mean. Hitting 35 days ea. on four different forms (well, the last one isn't back yet but I expect it any time really).

Apparently it takes the same amount of time for a fully submitted trust on efile as it does for the affidavit, just simpler to submit.

I heard they take 10% for extended checks, maybe that Nov. backlog is related to that? Maybe the rest aren't held up?

If they do that, and if it's not random, then maybe it has something to do with the fact I've had no less than 6 FBI background checks per year, on average, with 3 approved last year. It'd be a waste of time to do more on me really but that's never stopped govt. policy so just a guess.

Because like was said, NCICS is seconds, not months.

How big of a hiccup is it when your bank declines the ATF charge on your card? 🤦‍♂️
Holy shit that worried me so much I called the bank in advance to pre-authorize the transaction (basically tell them to expect it). I'd used cashier checks or MO's previously for paper forms. Now I use the CC, has worked last five times. It's the very first thing they do (of course).

I wanna say they retry it a few days later but don't hold me to that... If it fails and they don't get their money though, they don't do anything, don't start the process, so you'd have to resubmit it all. I doubt they send you your shit back but I couldn't say --never had a return but they did ask for more info once. If you have one boo-boo they'll usually let you fix that and it happens very fast. But that's after they got their money.

The wait is literally shit sitting on someone's desk until they look at it. Once they do, it goes pretty quick IME.

Reactions: Longshot231
How big of a hiccup is it when your bank declines the ATF charge on your card? 🤦‍♂️
Ouch!! Yeah, my dealer said when that happens he has had to resubmit and recommended against it. Fucking shame that it is 2021 and there is no easier way to submit this bullshit.

You almost made me piss myself!

Mine has a shorter barrel though...

How they manage this stuff I'll never know. I looked up that paper form4 --apparently I filed it Dec. 29, not last fall, so I'm still waiting on that. But Efile has just been amazingly fast. Maybe it's different, handled differently? The background checks I mean. Hitting 35 days ea. on four different forms (well, the last one isn't back yet but I expect it any time really).

Apparently it takes the same amount of time for a fully submitted trust on efile as it does for the affidavit, just simpler to submit.

I heard they take 10% for extended checks, maybe that Nov. backlog is related to that? Maybe the rest aren't held up?

If they do that, and if it's not random, then maybe it has something to do with the fact I've had no less than 6 FBI background checks per year, on average, with 3 approved last year. It'd be a waste of time to do more on me really but that's never stopped govt. policy so just a guess.

Because like was said, NCICS is seconds, not months.

Holy shit that worried me so much I called the bank in advance to pre-authorize the transaction (basically tell them to expect it). I'd used cashier checks or MO's previously for paper forms. Now I use the CC, has worked last five times. It's the very first thing they do (of course).

I wanna say they retry it a few days later but don't hold me to that... If it fails and they don't get their money though, they don't do anything, don't start the process, so you'd have to resubmit it all. I doubt they send you your shit back but I couldn't say --never had a return but they did ask for more info once. If you have one boo-boo they'll usually let you fix that and it happens very fast. But that's after they got their money.

The wait is literally shit sitting on someone's desk until they look at it. Once they do, it goes pretty quick IME.

You were right about them trying it again. 🤞

SmartSelect_20210519-111910_Messages.jpg

Fiiiiiinnnnaalllyyyy! Took long enough... I wasn't going to drink during the week, but its time to celebrate ;)

Called today, and they said all 8 were approved last Friday.

Colt M16A2, Benelli M4 14" Entry, LE6944 (14.5" monolithic), LE6945 (10.5" monolithic), LE6991 (10.5" 9mm), Integrally suppressed 10/22 rifle, Integrally suppressed 77/22 rifle, Silencerco Hybrid 46 suppressor.

All sent in at the same time, so 8X of the below:

Form 4 Individual via SS Kiosk
Purchased: Nov-2019 thru Feb-2020
Submitted: 8/7/20
Checks cashed: 8/25/20
Approved: 5/14/2021 (260ish days from cashed)
In hand: Pending

Reactions: Dr. Davy Jones
Called today, and my 2 that were cashed on 12/29/20 and my one on 12/31/20 were still pending... Pushing 6 months from the date of cash...This is getting frustrating. I hope they get approved any day now.

Called again today
Form 4 individual cashed 8/31/20
FINALLY approved 5/19/21 (262 days)
Hopefully the send the stamp out quickly but I’m not holding my breath

Called today, and my 2 that were cashed on 12/29/20 and my one on 12/31/20 were still pending... Pushing 6 months from the date of cash...This is getting frustrating. I hope they get approved any day now.
Mine took 8 1/2 months for approval.

Bought a TBAC Ultra 7 and just did the paperwork earlier this week....18 May to be exact.

At 68, I hope to live long enough to see it...sigh. haha

I was allowed to have a conjugal visit with it for a few minutes at the SOT. It was a tearful goodby.

So, I do tend to wonder WTF our ATF and FBI tax dollars are being used for as certainly aren't being used for efficient and effective examiners and background investigators.

And for people who have held clearances in the past....and gone thru many background checks....shouldn't this be used to expedite....ah, but no....I kid. This is the government and expedite isn't in their lexicon.

Cheers

Alright finally got to join the Form 4 club

YH turbo
Form 4 trust 1 RP
Purchased 11/3/2020
Check cashed 11/23/2020
Tax Stamp at Dealer 5/20/21

still have a Silencerco Saker direct thread in limbo

Purchased 2/9/21
Check cashed 3/10/21

These FDE mil sandman’s are calling my name. I can hear them.

Still waiting on my approved Form 4.
Sandman S
Purchased on 10/19/20
Check cashed 10/29/20
Approved on 3/30/21
Tax Stamp ?? (who knows)

Still waiting on my approved Form 4.
Sandman S
Purchased on 10/19/20
Check cashed 10/29/20
Approved on 3/30/21
Tax Stamp ?? (who knows)

may want to send ATF a letter requesting copy of the stamp. I have a form 4 approved on 4/14/21 also still waiting on the stamp and plan to submit written request later this month.

Reactions: 67stroker
may want to send ATF a letter requesting copy of the stamp. I have a form 4 approved on 4/14/21 also still waiting on the stamp and plan to submit written request later this month.
Had my dealer send the letter last Friday... hoping the original shows up before the additional 45 day wait for the certified copy shows...

Bought a TBAC Ultra 7 and just did the paperwork earlier this week....18 May to be exact.

At 68, I hope to live long enough to see it...sigh. haha

I was allowed to have a conjugal visit with it for a few minutes at the SOT. It was a tearful goodby.

So, I do tend to wonder WTF our ATF and FBI tax dollars are being used for as certainly aren't being used for efficient and effective examiners and background investigators.

And for people who have held clearances in the past....and gone thru many background checks....shouldn't this be used to expedite....ah, but no....I kid. This is the government and expedite isn't in their lexicon.

Cheers
I agree, the whole tax stamp fraud is stupid. I’ve been through a ton of them (in-depth FBI background checks, and also again several times for my CCW in the different counties I’ve lived in), and still have a clean record, and buy guns regularly… At this point, pretty sure I’m well-established as an upstanding citizen.

The fact they’re still this heavily regulated and making us wait months to a year+ for a non-firearm muzzle device is just asinine, not to mention an unconstitutional form of gun control. 😠

At this point, I’d still be willing to pay the $200 stamp, Just run a NICS check and a 4473, and let me take the damn things home that day!

You know the system is flawed, when the actual gun itself can be bought, and transferred instantly after a a 4473 & NICS check, but the chunk of metal that goes on the end to keep you from blowing out your eardrums, takes months to years to be approved, and all the hoops, fingerprints, paperwork, red tape, extra fines ($200), and extra proof of ownership (stamp), and legal paperwork (trusts), etc… just to obtain them.

Think about how stupid that it is, that in this day and age we are still going through this archaic process… 😠

Last edited:
Alright finally got to join the Form 4 club

YH turbo
Form 4 trust 1 RP
Purchased 11/3/2020
Check cashed 11/23/2020
Tax Stamp at Dealer 5/20/21

still have a Silencerco Saker direct thread in limbo

Purchased 2/9/21
Check cashed 3/10/21

These FDE mil sandman’s are calling my name. I can hear them.
Buy it! It’s worth it! 👍🏼

Reactions: Longshot231
Will keep this one updated, because I noticed a few people discussing the time it took from purchase to get the Form 3 sent and approved, before the can got shipped to their local dealer (SOT).

Sandman-S FDE MIL Contract (SS Single-Shot Trust)

Purchased: 5-4-2021
DocuSign: 5-5-2021 (early morning)
Form 3 Sent: 5-5-2021 (afternoon)
Form 3 Approved: 5-10-2021
Shipping to SOT: 5-11-2021
Can Arrived @ SOT: 5-14-2021
Form 4 Sent to ATF: 5-14-2021
Stamp Cashed: 5-21-2021
Approved:
In-Hand:
*** Update *** Just got the email earlier today... Stamp cashed on can #5, officially waiting on approval now. 👍🏼

Last edited:
I’m still waiting;

- Silencer Shop Kiosk
- 8/20/2020 purchase
- 8/28/2020 check cashed

It’s been 277 days today and still waiting 😕

I’m still waiting;

- Silencer Shop Kiosk
- 8/20/2020 purchase
- 8/28/2020 check cashed

It’s been 277 days today and still waiting 😕
I'm not that knowledgeable, I am just waiting on my first form 4, but... You should probably call if you haven't, get the status.. and if it's just still pending I'd call your reps or senators and get them involved as best as you can... That's unacceptable. More than 1 day is unacceptable, but 277 is BS

TBAC 338 ULTRA SR
Purchased with 100% Certificate: 9/14/2020
Serial Number/Cerakote/Manuf: 5/3/2021
Form 3 sent: 5/3/2021
Form 3 Approved: 5/18/2021
At Dealer: 5/21/2021
Form 4 requested on SS: 5/24/2021
Form 4 to ATF: ???

Last edited:
1621911211326.png

I badly want a suppressor but this right here is why I don't. 7 months to 1 year for a form 4. Congress needs to act and abolish the NFA already, or at the very least make it like gun purchases where you have X amount of days to deny or it gets auto approved.

View attachment 7632888
I badly want a suppressor but this right here is why I don't. 7 months to 1 year for a form 4. Congress needs to act and abolish the NFA already, or at the very least make it like gun purchases where you have X amount of days to deny or it gets auto approved.
True, but you can also look at it this way... If you hadn't fucked around 7 months ago and bought a can, you'd probably have it by now. 👍🏼

My first 3 should be approved any time now, and then my 4th should be coming in about 4-5 months from now, and then maybe I'll have my 5th can HOPEFULLY by the end of the year...? But I'll at least have my first 3 home while waiting on the other 2. That will help make the time go by faster.

View attachment 7632888
The NFA isn't going anywhere any time soon. If you badly want a can, just buy it and suck it up. The wait sucks, but in the end it will put a smile on your face.