• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I called this week and was told to call back this next week and they would get me on the phone with the examiner?!?!?
I’ve never heard of that
That’s terrible man, i feel wronged and it’s only been 7 months since cashed...sounds like a good sign tho about speaking to your examiner, sounds like they might expedite your case or tell you what’s taking so long...what state are you in?

I called this week and was told to call back this next week and they would get me on the phone with the examiner?!?!?
I’ve never heard of that
Man that sucks. I'd be freaking out due to the fact they said they were going to get you on the phone with the examiner. That could be really good or really bad. I hope it turns out to be really good. They already screwed you enough with those dates.

Innovative Arms Deception

Local Dealer via Silencershop
State: SC
Form 4 Trust

Purchased: 11/05/20
Cashed: 12/09/20
Approved: 06/01/21
Stamp at dealer: 07/13/21

Welp, guess Ill add another one.

Surefire socom556 rc2

Trust

Purchased 7/1/21: ss reads as signatures complete

The good thing is ill still get to shoot it since my dealers shop is in a local gun range
This is my situation. Form 4's and everything sent off like 3rd week of March or something close to that. At least I can shoot them at the range.

Is it true? My dealer is giving up his current SOT to become a manufacturer of explosives and told me he had to clear everything from his books before the switch can happen. So I picked up a rimfire can at a good price only for the fact that he told me all of his pending transfers would be expedited. Anyone heard of that before?

I've got 5 items pending checks cashed on 12/29/20 and the one on 6/17/21. He's saying the June transfer will only be a month or two.

• Wow
Reactions: darkfader
Is it true? My dealer is giving up his current SOT to become a manufacturer of explosives and told me he had to clear everything from his books before the switch can happen. So I picked up a rimfire can at a good price only for the fact that he told me all of his pending transfers would be expedited. Anyone heard of that before?

I've got 5 items pending checks cashed on 12/29/20 and the one on 6/17/21. He's saying the June transfer will only be a month or two.
I love how they can expedite his transfers (if this is true), but I'm on month 7 of my first 3 cans, despite having gone through DOZENS of FBI & NICS background checks in my life, and still have a clean record... This whole process is stupid. Can we just deregulate cans already? It's archaic and outdated. Not to mention a harmless chunk of metal that is NOT, and CANNOT be converted into a firearm in any way.

At this point, I'd even still go through the paperwork and $200 tax stamp if I could just take the damn things home right then, just like as if I was buying a gun...

It is true to a degree. I bought one that had to do the same thing. He was just retiring. However it was 121 day's after check cashed. At the time it was about 3-4 months quicker than the normal wait times.

Reactions: 92G

Well see, either that or you'll have to have it Form 3 transferred to another dealer while you wait for the Form 4 to clear.

Bought 2 cans from Odinworks. Paperwork submitted on the 8th. Checks cashed less than a week later. All the paperwork was done through Silencer Shop. Got 1 more that was sent on the 13th as well.

Purchased: 07/08/21
Cashed: 07/13/21
Approved: ?
Stamp at dealer: ?

We SHOULDN'T have to wait at all... It's not even a damn firearm... But it is what it is. Hopefully that will change during Trump's 2nd term.
President Donald Trump stated he would "think about" a ban on gun silencers, following news that the suspected Virginia Beach shooter used a legally-bought gun suppressor.

"I'd like to think about it. I mean nobody's talking about silencers very much. I did talk about the bump stock and we had it banned and we're looking at that. I'm going to seriously look at it. I don't love the idea of it," the president told Piers Morgan on Good Morning Britain.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-banning-gun-silencers/story?id=63502902

200.gif

Can't find my original post
Griffin optimus
Bought with trust on 1/8/21
Checked cashed on 3/3/21
Now we wait

President Donald Trump stated he would "think about" a ban on gun silencers, following news that the suspected Virginia Beach shooter used a legally-bought gun suppressor.

"I'd like to think about it. I mean nobody's talking about silencers very much. I did talk about the bump stock and we had it banned and we're looking at that. I'm going to seriously look at it. I don't love the idea of it," the president told Piers Morgan on Good Morning Britain.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-banning-gun-silencers/story?id=63502902

200.gif
My comment had nothing to do with Trump himself, it was more or less when the Reps take back ALL the houses in the 2022 Midterms, and then get a republican in office in 2024.

OSS HX QD 7.62
Silencershop
State: NC
Trust with 2 RP

Purchased: 11/27/20
Cashed: 12/23/20
Approved: 7/6/21 (196 days from check cashed)
Arrived to dealer: 7/21/21

Reactions: Deadair7302
3 cans all trust 2rp
Mailed nov 24 2020
Cashed dec 2 2021

Kicked back for BS corrections May 23 2021
Remained same day.

All Approved Jul 18 2021
All Stamps arrived Jul 23 2021

So pretty sure this examiner quit or something. After kicking a bunch of cans back for bogus corrections to my FFL, I tried for almost two full months to get in contact after we sent the corrections back to verify the ATF received them and nothing. Voicemails to the examiners vm and examiner. Missed a call back from the examiners boss two weeks ago after 4-5 vm by me too them and thought they were still waiting and they were prolly going to get denied. Then randomly they were approved last Sunday by the the examiners supervisor...weird.

So pretty sure this examiner quit or something. After kicking a bunch of cans back for bogus corrections to my FFL, I tried for almost two full months to get in contact after we sent the corrections back to verify the ATF received them and nothing. Voicemails to the examiners vm and examiner. Missed a call back from the examiners boss two weeks ago after 4-5 vm by me too them and thought they were still waiting and they were prolly going to get denied. Then randomly they were approved last Sunday by the the examiners supervisor...weird.
Nothing with the AFT surprises me anymore. At least you got your toys. Hopefully it is not 3 months before the twats send the stamps.

Nothing with the AFT surprises me anymore. At least you got your toys. Hopefully it is not 3 months before the twats send the stamps.

It's in my quoted post above... approved last Sunday stamps mailed on Tues and arrived in hand today

Reactions: Lunchbox27
Well... 2 of my first 3 cans were approved (Dead Air Nomad-LT & Mask HD). So, that's positive. 👍🏼

12/4/20 - Purchased suppressors online @ Silencer Shop.
12/5/20 - Fingerprints & photo done (via SS kiosk) at local FFL/SOT.
12/7/20 - DocuSign emails sent & immediately completed/returned to Silencer Shop.
12/8/20 - Cans shipped to local FFL/SOT.
12/11/20 - Received copies of Trusts.
12/14/20 - Cans arrived at local FFL/SOT (via USPS).
12/14/20 - Form 4 mailed to BATFE.
12/29/20 - Applications received & Tax Stamps cashed by BATFE.
7/16/21 - Approved & Waiting on Stamps to arrive at dealer (should be this upcoming week).

*** And here's the turd-flavored cherry on top... ***

Apparently the dealer is having some ATF audit issues, and it affected about 100 cans (from what I was told), and the situation is currently "ongoing", so they won't elaborate any further on it. Apparently, my Rugged Obsidian 45 can was one of the affected suppressors, and the examiner was directed to kick-back the Form-4 on June 23, and the stamp refunded, due to whatever is going on with this dealer.

The ATF won't disclose anymore info about what is going on, I just know what the examiner told me... She was really nice and helpful, and said that my background check was good, and so was my Form-4 paperwork, but something at the dealer-level forced her superiors to tell her to remove that particular Form-4 from processing.

They are going to be working on solutions for the folks (like me) who were affected by this incident, especially since I was just a few weeks from approval when whatever it is that happened, happened... So, she said they are looking at possibly doing Form-3 transfers to other local dealers, and then expediting Form-4's for all the suppressors affected. I will keep everyone updated. But I won't be naming any names out of professional courtesy, even though this whole thing really pisses me off.

I also won't know anymore info about what happened, until I call them on Monday and talk to the NEW suppressor guy. The previous guy no longer works for the company at all (not sure why, they didn't elaborate), but something seems "off" for sure...And I'm sure it has something to do with this incident. I just hope I don't have to resubmit a Form-4 and then have to wait a damn year for approval of it (current wait times have gone back up to 12 months according to the ATF). That will really piss me off.

The ONLY positive aspect of this, is that I don't shoot my pistols very much, so I don't really have any urgent need/desire for a pistol can at the moment. It would be NICE, since it should have been approved already, but If I had to pick 1 of my 5 suppressors to be affected by something stupid like this, this would be the one, simply because I won't be using it anywhere near as much as my rifle and rimfire cans. 👍🏼

Last edited:
Well... 2 of my first 3 cans were approved (Dead Air Nomad-LT & Mask HD). So, that's positive. 👍🏼

12/4/20 - Purchased suppressors online @ Silencer Shop.
12/5/20 - Fingerprints & photo done (via SS kiosk) at local FFL/SOT.
12/7/20 - DocuSign emails sent & immediately completed/returned to Silencer Shop.
12/8/20 - Cans shipped to local FFL/SOT.
12/11/20 - Received copies of Trusts.
12/14/20 - Cans arrived at local FFL/SOT (via USPS).
12/14/20 - Form 4 mailed to BATFE.
12/29/20 - Applications received & Tax Stamps cashed by BATFE.
7/16/21 - Approved & Waiting on Stamps to arrive at dealer (should be this upcoming week).

*** And here's the turd-flavored cherry on top... ***

Apparently the dealer is having some ATF audit issues, and it affected about 100 cans (from what I was told), and the situation is currently "ongoing", so they won't elaborate any further on it. Apparently, my Rugged Obsidian 45 can was one of the affected suppressors, and the examiner was directed to kick-back the Form-4 on June 23, and the stamp refunded, due to whatever is going on with this dealer.

The ATF won't disclose anymore info about what is going on, I just know what the examiner told me... She was really nice and helpful, and said that my background check was good, and so was my Form-4 paperwork, but something at the dealer-level forced her superiors to tell her to remove that particular Form-4 from processing.

They are going to be working on solutions for the folks (like me) who were affected by this incident, especially since I was just a few weeks from approval when whatever it is that happened, happened... So, she said they are looking at possibly doing Form-3 transfers to other local dealers, and then expediting Form-4's for all the suppressors affected. I will keep everyone updated. But I won't be naming any names out of professional courtesy, even though this whole thing really pisses me off.

I also won't know anymore info about what happened, until I call them on Monday and talk to the NEW suppressor guy. The previous guy no longer works for the company at all (not sure why, they didn't elaborate), but something seems "off" for sure...And I'm sure it has something to do with this incident. I just hope I don't have to resubmit a Form-4 and then have to wait a damn year for approval of it (current wait times have gone back up to 12 months according to the ATF). That will really piss me off.

The ONLY positive aspect of this, is that I don't shoot my pistols very much, so I don't really have any urgent need/desire for a pistol can at the moment. It would be NICE, since it should have been approved already, but If I had to pick 1 of my 5 suppressors to be affected by something stupid like this, this would be the one, simply because I won't be using it anywhere near as much as my rifle and rimfire cans. 👍🏼
Man that's great about your two. I hope the one wasn't the one you wanted the most. Congratulations though.

Man that's great about your two. I hope the one wasn't the one you wanted the most. Congratulations though.
Thanks! Nah, it's my pistol can (Rugged Obsidian 45) and I don't shoot pistols very much. So it's actually the one I would prefer to have had this happen to. I mean, I would prefer ZERO issues, but if I had to pick one, that would be it.

I talked to the dealer today, and what happened was they changed ownership and therefore, had to change FFL license numbers. The original owner wasn't supposed to completely cancel his old FFL until all the cans that were being sold under that FFL were cleared, and stamps were on their way to the dealer. But instead, he went ahead and closed it down, creating a MASSIVE influx of issues and causing an ATF audit. So, the dealer said that they are now up and running with the new FFL number on everything, and as soon as they get the go-ahead from the local ATF Chief, they would be re-submitting all the "disapproved" Form-4s for approval, and they would be getting expedited and pushed to the front of the stack, so they will be coming back really quickly. So, that's good news.

Hopefully, my 2 stamps that were already approved will arrive at the dealer this week, so I can go get my other 2 cans this upcoming weekend. 👍🏼

Reactions: Deadair7302
Form 4 trust for a TBAC Ultra 7 through Silencer Shop
Forms sent Nov 16, 2020
Check cashed Dec 1, 2020
Stamp approved July 4, 2021 (God bless America!!)
In hand July 27, 2021
Updated with dates. It would've been ready a month sooner had I not screwed up. I had to send in amended trust paperwork, but as soon as the examiner received it, I was good to do.

Reactions: ballisticdaddy
Updated with dates. It would've been ready a month sooner had I not screwed up. I had to send in amended trust paperwork, but as soon as the examiner received it, I was good to do.

Who was your examiner who requested the changes and what was the change they wanted and who actually approved it? 20 bucks says we had the same one

Who was your examiner who requested the changes and what was the change they wanted and who actually approved it? 20 bucks says we had the same one
Heather Huff was my examiner. I used a trust to buy my first suppressors years ago, before the ATF required prints for everyone in the trust, and I had my son listed as a co-trustee. Since then, my son moved to a different state when he enlisted, but I still had him on the trust. I just had to send in an amendment to my trust, removing him as a co-trustee

Heather Huff was my examiner. I used a trust to buy my first suppressors years ago, before the ATF required prints for everyone in the trust, and I had my son listed as a co-trustee. Since then, my son moved to a different state when he enlisted, but I still had him on the trust. I just had to send in an amendment to my trust, removing him as a co-trustee

Dang blows my theory apart haha

Form 4 single shot trust for a TBAC Dominus through Silencer Shop
Purchased 08/27/2020
Check cashed 9/18/2020
Stamp approved 5/30/2021

FFL under audit by ATF and cannot release it. FML!!! FFL said it may be another month. Is there anything I can do or do I just have to wait it out?

Form 4 single shot trust for a TBAC Dominus through Silencer Shop
Purchased 08/27/2020
Check cashed 9/18/2020
Stamp approved 5/30/2021

FFL under audit by ATF and cannot release it. FML!!! FFL said it may be another month. Is there anything I can do or do I just have to wait it out?
You're in T-Town... I bet I know what dealer you used! The same one as I did for my first 3... 🤦🏼🤦🏼🤦🏼 Because I'm dealing with the same shit. My first 2 got approved, and they disapproved the 3rd one (instructed by the local ATF due to the FFL license number not being the new one on the Form-4), so they will have to resubmit the Form-4, and they'll be expediting them to the front of the stack. Hopefully everything will be good to go soon, so I can pick them up.

Only thing we can do is wait it out brother.

You're in T-Town... I bet I know what dealer you used! The same one as I did for my first 3... 🤦🏼🤦🏼🤦🏼 Because I'm dealing with the same shit. My first 2 got approved, and they disapproved the 3rd one (instructed by the local ATF due to the FFL license number not being the new one on the Form-4), so they will have to resubmit the Form-4, and they'll be expediting them to the front of the stack. Hopefully everything will be good to go soon, so I can pick them up.

Only thing we can do is wait it out brother.
Actually, I avoid all T-Town FFLs as they didn’t have a good track record. This was the very popular one in Pelham.

Reactions: FuhQ
Actually, I avoid all T-Town FFLs as they didn’t have a good track record. This was the very popular one in Pelham.
Yep... Same one! From now on, I'm using my local one that has a range that is only 3 minutes from my house. It's also a machine-gun range. That way I get conjugal visits. I'll never use those folks in Pelham again. Plus, it's a 75 mile drive for me! I only used them because of the good recommendations, and good track record, and also they have a kiosk for digital fingerprints, and at the time, my local range didn't.

Yep... Same one! From now on, I'm using my local one that has a range that is only 3 minutes from my house. It's also a machine-gun range. That way I get conjugal visits. I'll never use those folks in Pelham again. Plus, it's a 75 mile drive for me! I only used them because of the good recommendations, and good track record, and also they have a kiosk for digital fingerprints, and at the time, my local range didn't.
Which one?

Would you use silencer shop again? Did you do it all online or what exactly? I'm looking at getting another and would like to know the best way to do it.

Would you use silencer shop again? Did you do it all online or what exactly? I'm looking at getting another and would like to know the best way to do it.
I've done all 5 of mine through Silencer Shop. I highly recommend it, and using the kiosk for the digital fingerprints.

The issues we're having at the dealer we're discussing, has nothing to do with SS...They've actually been more helpful than the dealer has, about finding out what was going on, and giving me the recommendations to contact the ATF and talk to the examiner directly to get the most accurate information.

I don't want to badmouth anyone on the open forum, because the company should have everything situated with any NEW can purchases that comes through the door (now that all their FFL info has been properly updated), but the issue me and the other guy are dealing with was ALL the dealer and the ownership and old FFL vs. new FFL numbers.

If you want to know, shoot me a PM, and I'll be glad to tell you. Other than this little hiccup, they've been a pretty good dealer to deal with. But now that my local range is powered by, and has a kiosk, and it's only 3 minutes from my house, I have no reason to use the previous dealer in Pelham anymore. Plus, my local range I can use them while I'm there, and then turn them back in before leaving, so I get to shoot them while waiting on my approvals. 👍🏼

So you have to go in to a place that has the kiosk?
Yes, to do your fingerprints digitally, unless you just love going to your local LEO and getting cards and getting printed, and then snail-mailing things off to everyone. The digital way is SO much faster and easier! It's worth the trip to a dealer with a kiosk.

Plus, you only have to do that once every couple years, and they keep your prints and demographic info on file, so buying cans from now on, is as easy as buying things from Amazon... Just with 1 extra step...DocuSign. They email it to you, you sign with your finger on your phone, and then submit it to them, and they do ALL the filing, and paperwork. It's BEYOND easy.

Reactions: Squid284
Yes, to do your fingerprints digitally, unless you just love going to your local LEO and getting cards and getting printed, and then snail-mailing things off to everyone. The digital way is SO much faster and easier! It's worth the trip to a dealer with a kiosk.
Ok, now I just need to find a dealer with the kiosk.

Reactions: FuhQ
They're good folks, and nice people, it's just not worth the headache and the long drive for me anymore, now that my local dealer is powered by SS. And the conjugal visits makes is nice, so you get to enjoy them while waiting.
Yeah, that would cool. Well if they got it straight now, I may go by and get another one in the works.