• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The HPA is a much bigger "if/probably won't happen" than a when. I don't foresee it ever making it out of subcommittee, much less committee, and even then having enough votes. And certainly don't expect Congressmen to be clamoring to get on board what could be seen as a controversial bill as we enter primary season. Don't be drinking the koolaid Josh Waldron is handing out about it having a chance.
Not trying to be a Debby-downer, just trying to give you a realistic view. If you're contemplating more suppressors, the best advice is to go ahead and act as if you have never heard of the HPA because if you are waiting on it, you will probably be waiting forever.

Just got this message from sliencerco: "Breaking news: HPA, H.R. 367, has been combined into the Sportsmen’s Heritage and Recreational Enhancement (SHARE) Act, H.R. 3668, and passed the National Resource Committee with a 22 to 13 vote. Contact your congressmen by clicking the button below and urge them to vote “yes” on SHARE"

At least its something, though I have heard that the SHARE act has it's own issues

I do watch the news related to the hearing protection act but will reiterate what has been said previously, if you want a suppressor I see no reason to wait on this to pass. Wait times with the ATF do seem to be getting a little shorter.

Signed 15 Sept. 16, pending the 12th of October, should be getting it soon the guy said --I just called ATF, one of the only times I've called them in I don't know how many purchases. But a year is my WTF? point.

I hope new submissions don't take as long. Damn.

Trust or individual? If trust it may be a while yet as I have one with almost identical dates as yours. Most recent trust approval I have seen was from late August '16.

Trust or individual? If trust it may be a while yet as I have one with almost identical dates as yours. Most recent trust approval I have seen was from late August '16.

Sounds like individuals are moving MUCH faster than trusts. So if someone wanted to shorten their time to can-in-hand they could file as an individual , then transfer into a Trust after it’s approved. Sure it’s an extra $200 but you could gather the prints, pictures and paperwork and do most at the same time. I think the pictures are good for 1 year. I haven’t found a time limit on the finger prints .....

Form 4 individual
Mailed check 9-19-2017 cashed 9-27-2017
stay tuned

Last edited:
Man they are all over the place. Some people from January and February getting approved while others from September, October, and November are still waiting. I'm itching for the call.

Man they are all over the place. Some people from January and February getting approved while others from September, October, and November are still waiting. I'm itching for the call.

Individuals are flying through, those are the Jan and Feb. The trusts are taking longer and they are the Octobers. http://www.nfatracker.com/nfa-transfer-time-tracking/ Capture.JPG

Submitted 02/07/17
no idea on checked cashed (sent a MO)
approved 09/26/17

Now I get to wait for the paperwork to show up at my dealer and I'm finally done waiting!

Submitted 02/07/17
no idea on checked cashed (sent a MO)
approved 09/26/17

Now I get to wait for the paperwork to show up at my dealer and I'm finally done waiting!

individual ? or trust ?

Last edited:
I am really regretting doing a trust now. My check was cashed in February and from looking at other submissions it could easily be 2018 before I get mine. Hopefully it will speed up for the trust folks.

Form 4 Individual paper form: Check cashed /Pending 16MAR17, Approved 24SEP17 (a Sunday!). Stamp is at dealer today!!

Have any of you submitted with the new barcode system? I did it 9/28/17 and they said the system had only been in place for about 3 weeks. My check isn't even cashed yet. Just curious if any of you have seen results yet since they are telling me the ATF expects wait times with the barcode to drop to "as low as 3 months."

Have any of you submitted with the new barcode system? I did it 9/28/17 and they said the system had only been in place for about 3 weeks. My check isn't even cashed yet. Just curious if any of you have seen results yet since they are telling me the ATF expects wait times with the barcode to drop to "as low as 3 months."

My dealer used the bar code on mine last month. I had them charge my CC instead of sending a check though, and it was charged a few days later.

Submitted a trust in Nov -16 called today still pending

my pre trust change took 8 1/2 months this time I'm at 11 months and still counting hoping for 13 months so Christmas ca be good

I was told 12-14 months for trusts as of right now. Yet individuals are at 6-10 months, they need to get their shit together to get all approvals out the door instead of prioritizing individuals.

I was told 12-14 months for trusts as of right now. Yet individuals are at 6-10 months, they need to get their shit together to get all approvals out the door instead of prioritizing individuals.

Well shit that is not very encouraging news.....

I still have a Form 4 trust submitted 9/17, check cashed 10/1 i havent heard back yet

Form 4 trust
Pending 10/4/16
Approved 10/10/17

Still waiting, and it's a trust with two persons. It's one of the first post 41f submissions and my first. Before 41f, they were coming back in 4 months. 14 months would be good at this point. Glad I bought assloads of suppressors last year.

Won't buy another until the times are unfucked. In another 14 months, we could get hit by a goddamn tsunami and this region could be unpopulated. I could die of old age.

Well, spoke too soon on that one! Just got the email hours after that and said the tax stamp is there! This was the first time I ever called ATF on a transfer, was wondering if one finally got lost.

Just looked at the original purchase... Goddamn that took a loooong time! Fucker was dated September of 2016! I actually bought it in June or July though, September to now was only the Form 4 wait time. The Form 3 took 2-3 months, which was kinda long even then IIRC.

Good luck and shorter waits for the rest of you!

Last edited:
I still have a Form 4 trust submitted 9/17, check cashed 10/1 i havent heard back yet

Be patient. It takes months. Don't bug 'em or call 'em, you know they have it and cashed the check. There's nothing you can do to expedite it unless you have several forms pending on your examiner's desk, and even then that's not guaranteed.

Be patient. It takes months. Don't bug 'em or call 'em, you know they have it and cashed the check. There's nothing you can do to expedite it unless you have several forms pending on your examiner's desk, and even then that's not guaranteed.

not my first rodeo -- actually my 25th rodeo ...

I just got mine today. It's the fastest I have heard of- submitted 5-18-17 approved 10-18-17. However I purchased one 2 months prior and I'm still waiting.

Form 4 Individual
Purchased 4-19-17
Check cashed 5-6-17
Approved 10-11-17
Picked up 10-20-17

Silencerco Osprey .45
Form 4 Trust
Pending: 12 Oct 2016
Approved: 12 Oct 2017 (that's right. One fucking year to the day)
Picked up: Tonight (Dealer's been away hunting)

TBAC ultra 7 6.5
individual form 4
purchased 4/23
atf cashed 5/6
approved 10/13
picked up 10/25

Private Form 4
Submitted: 02/07/17
Approved: 09/26/17
Form Received at FFL: 10/25/17

Finally have it in hand! Now I might submit a Form 1 for a SBR and another Form 4 for a 22LR can. Might as well start the wait again.

Sig srd 556 qd
Form 4 trust
Pending- 11/9/16
Approved- 10/21/17
Picked up- 10/30/17

Just under a year turnaround. Now I can focus on my Ultra 9 and Hybrid I'm gonna probably be waiting another few months for as I got them in Feb and March of this year on Trust.

Just picked mine up today.

Form 4 Trust (direct in-state purchase. No form 3 transfer), only 1 person on trust.
Sent paperwork in 9/20/16
Check cashed 9/27/16
They have the stamp dated 10/21/17 and the dealer called yesterday that the stamp arrived.

13 fucking months. What a joke.

Rugged Surge 7.62
trust
submitted March 2017 - edited - May 2017
Approved November 14 2017
picked up November 22 2017

Last edited:
Individual Form 4
Dead Air SandMan Ti
Submitted -5/31/17
ATF cashed check -6/1/17
Approved -11/15/17
Picked up -11/22/17

Right at 6 months!

Last edited:
SiCo SpecWar 7.62
FORM 4 Trust (2 Person)
Mailed - Dec 18 2016
Approved - November 13 2017
Stamp in Hand - November 24 2017

Form 4 checks cashed in Sept, Oct, Dec of 2016 were all approved over the last 3 weeks.

Dealer's F3 was approved in under 24 hours, he is a small shop but utilizing the new barcode system. He was impressed.

Trust was submitted Oct 26, 2016
Check cashed Oct 28, 2016
Stamp received Dec 5, 2017

Dealer's F3 was approved in under 24 hours, he is a small shop but utilizing the new barcode system. He was impressed.
That has been the new norm on form 3's, 1-3 days.

Form 4's (Individuals) are still coming in a random 5-9 months depending on the examiners desk they land on. You would think with the drop in suppressor sales crap would be moving faster.

Form 4 Trust (one person)
Pending November 22, 2016

Just received a call to come to the FFL to amend the paperwork that was screwed up. Over a year just to find out a correction is needed. Hopefully I don’t drop to the bottom of the que! I won’t live in the same state come March.......

Update: Approved 12/18/2017, stamp arrived 12/23. Excited to get to the range!

Last edited:
Form 4 Trust (one person)
Pending November 22, 2016

Just received a call to come to the FFL to amend the paperwork that was screwed up. Over a year just to find out a correction is needed. Hopefully I don’t drop to the bottom of the que! I won’t live in the same state come March.......

Most corrections are approved in a week or two if the dealer posts the control number on envelope it will help get to the right desk faster too. So if you are mailing it back, write it on envelope and highlight it.