• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sounds like they are getting faster. The last two I bought a couple years ago were in jail for 14 months.

Called again today...
Check cased 5/27/20
APPROVED 10/7/20 !!!
Now I just have to wait for the call...

That's less than five months. This is what @Bigwheels really looks like!

d0ff4a0b1ed4b10e01491b0543c5ddb4.jpg

Reactions: Bigwheels
Silencershop single shot trust.
Yhm resonator r2
Silencerco 36m
Both checks cashed 6/13/20
Stamps at lgs 9/13/20

First time nfa buyer

4 months total!

Four months! This is what @Johrichal really looks like. I'm not accusing anyone of undue influence but pointing out the obvious. Everyone else can draw their own conclusions.

1603043030751.png

I'm seeing a lot of forms that were cashed around the same time as mine are starting to be approved. In your opinion, how often is too often to call the ATF to check the status?

Calling them is a waste of time unless you just want to piss off the call center. They give you zero useful information.

Reactions: hwy1strat
Huh, anytime I've called, they've been friendly enough. I'm also not a douche when I call so maybe there's something to that.
There is nothing to it. It’s all a matter of what side of the bed they woke up on.

Finally I get something to add to this thread,

Batch approved three Silencershop single shot trusts
Qty(2) Nomad-L and a Nomad 30

Check cashed 5/7/20
Stamp approved 10/8/20
Stamps at lgs 10/20/20

A day over 5 months for approval and day shy of 24 weeks for the total wait, way better than the 8 months I waited for the last ones back in 16’ since I actually got these before hunting season.

Reactions: jamebeck
Just had 4 out of 5 approved in 6 months. F4 individual. Not sure why the 5th wasn’t approved with the rest

Reactions: jamebeck
Surefire 300 SPS
Private Party Individual Form 4
Submitted 05/08/2020
Check cashed 5/21/2020
10/1/20 - still pending
10/8/2020 - Stamp Approved
10/20/20 - Stamp delivered and in hand, first suppressor in hand! Stoked!!

Sandman Ti and Tirant 9
Private Party Individual Form 4
Submitted 05/18/2020
Checks cashed 6/03/2020
10/1/20 - still pending

Omega 36m
1rp single shot trust SS kiosk
Purchased 5/26/20
Cashed 6/11/20
Approved 10/18/20 (129 days)
Waiting on stamp!

Weird that it was approved on a Sunday....

Now 2 months, and my check hasn’t cashed. My dealer sent my Form 4 individual out around August 7th and apparently the BATFE office changed locations from West Virginia to Oregon sometime near this timeframe..Anyone else experiencing a delay with their initial processing? I don’t care how long it takes to be approved, I just want to know it was received in a timely manner.

ETA: Checked with my dealer and they do not request tracking or delivery confirmation, lol!

Now 2 months, and my check hasn’t cashed. My dealer sent my Form 4 individual out around August 7th and apparently the BATFE office changed locations from West Virginia to Oregon sometime near this timeframe..Anyone else experiencing a delay with their initial processing? I don’t care how long it takes to be approved, I just want to know it was received in a timely manner.

ETA: Checked with my dealer and they do not request tracking or delivery confirmation, lol!

That is a drag! I will say I am surprised your dealer wasn't aware of the change, it actually happened closer to the beginning of the year from what I understand, and that all initial documents go to Oregon first. Their address has been updated since April anyway, that is when I started paperwork for my form 4s. I will say that reading through this thread and from what I have heard elsewhere, the checks are getting cashed 2-8 weeks after form 4s are sent in. 2-3 weeks was average 6 months ago. On the backend, seems like cans are coming within 5-8 months. Makes you wonder what changes they are making.... Flip a coin

Reactions: teufelhunden
My last one I purchased in February and got in July. The one I bought March of 2019 I got this past March.

Ok I just called and spoke to them. I was told it just went to the examiner and should call back in a few weeks.?? it went pending 31 march where in the hell has it been if no one was looking into it WTF

Just got the call today that my TBAC TD22 is ready to be picked up. Check cashed 6/19/2020 and will need to see when it was approved, but that was only 131 days from check cashed to getting the call. I'll take that.

Edit: Picked it up today and the approval was 10/16/2020 for 120 days from check cashed to approval.

Last edited:
Just got the call today that my TBAC TD22 is ready to be picked up. Check cashed 6/19/2020 and will need to see when it was approved, but that was only 131 days from check cashed to getting the call. I'll take that.

my check was cashed on or around the same week. You’re giving me hope!!

I’ve been very blessed this year with wait times. Both cans have been under the same trust, through silencershop:
Rugged micro-30:
-check cashed 1/6/2020
-received call from LGS on 6/10/2020
Thunderbeast 338 ultra:
-check cashed 6/4/2020
-received call from LGS on 10/24/2020

I have a SiCo sparrow in jail where the check cashed 6/22/2020. Fingers crossed I get a call soon!

Individual
Cashed 9/30/20

See how long it takes. My first two cans were 9 months if I remember right. I'm guessing I'll see it in March. Which is fine, as I'm not shooting anyways as it's snow and cold.

Form 1 submitted today, super easy. Now just need to mail in prints...

Just called to check the status of two outstanding Form 4's. One is approved as of 11/1, the other is still pending.

Silencer: Sandman-K
Filing Type: Trust w/ 1 RP
Purchased: 5/25/20
Mailed: 6/8/20
Cashed: 6/17/20
Approved: 11/1/20
At Dealer: TBD

Number of days from the check being cashed: 138

Prints overnighted for form 1 can, it was so easy I form 1d a SBR AR lower today as well. Livescan lady hooked it up with multiple sets of prints.

Silencer: Dead Sandman S
Filed as a Trust
Purchased 5/1/20
At Dealer 5/18/20
Check Cashed 6/4/20
Approved 10/30/20
Stamp in hand 11/23/20

Last edited:
Testing indicates the Ultra9 did not change zero the slightest on my rifle. :cool:
I did notice that the cover I got reflects a tan color into my scope when the sun is on it. Going to have to get a different color & make it more matt.

I’ve been very blessed this year with wait times. Both cans have been under the same trust, through silencershop:
Rugged micro-30:
-check cashed 1/6/2020
-received call from LGS on 6/10/2020
Thunderbeast 338 ultra:
-check cashed 6/4/2020
-received call from LGS on 10/24/2020

I have a SiCo sparrow in jail where the check cashed 6/22/2020. Fingers crossed I get a call soon!

Decided to call the ATF yesterday to get an updated on my SiCo sparrow: It was approved by the ATF on 10/28/2020.
Now we will see how long it takes for the stamp to make it to my LGS.

Meant to post mine but have kept forgetting.

CGS Hydra check cashed 4/23/20
Bushwhacked 46 check cashed 4/24/20

Both approved 9/24/2020

-Form 4 Trust via SS kiosk in Texas
-TBAC Ultra 7 purchased 6/10
-Check cashed 6/19
-Approved 11/1, dealer awaiting tax stamp
-At dealer, 11/13

-157 days purchase to pickup

Last edited:
Reactions: ColbyLang