• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Frustrated with wait time on USO!!

buckey

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 3, 2007
Pittsburgh, Pa
Ordered my first USO scope on Dec 15th. I was told that it would be only about 8 wks to build - no problem. It's just now 12 wks and I still have no scope.

Emailed Jeff Fertal back on Feb 25th and was told scope would be ready in about a week, see attached email:

Hello Jeff,

Your scope should be completed in the next week or so. We are remodeling our clean room right now and it has caused some delays with our scope production. We will contact you as soon as the scope is ready to ship.

Jeff Fertal
U.S. Optics, Inc.
150 Arovista Circle
Brea, CA 92821
(714) 582-1956 Phone
(714) 582-1959 Fax
www.usoptics.com

So I figure, ok no problem, its just about ready. I've been patiently waiting and no call. So I call yesterday and talked to receptionist (forgot her name but very nice to talk to), she says she'll check and call me back first thing this morning.

I waited to 1:35 PM today - still no return call from her. So I call, and she now informs me that they are waiting for reticles. I ordered the standard USO mil-dot reticle - nothing extraordinary!!

She asks if I got the email from Jeff F. expalining the situation, I told her I have not. She said he was to email me this explanantion to clear things up. I get home from work expecting an email from Jeff F. - still nothing!!!

This is starting to frustrate the hell out of me. I undertsand that it takes time to build these, and that there is a waiting list, but don't tell me 8 wks no problem, and then 12 wks later tell me your waiting for parts. If they would have told me 20 wks, I wouldn't even of thought of calling until at least 20-22 wks. I'm not one to call every week asking if my build is ready, but I not one to have smoke blown my way either!!

Maybe I'm overeacting, but I was told what I was told. If they would have contacted me explaining the delay - no problems!! It just seems that there is some smoke getting blown my way.

Communication is the key!!!

Re: Frustrated with wait time on USO!!

All I can say is Jeff, along with everyone at US Optics are "Stand-Up" People. I know it may not be what you want to hear but patience is a virtue and it will be worth every bit of the wait. Once you get it and it's in your hands all this will go away

PM Sent - have patience, trust me! :)

THe clean room incident - you'd rather have a dust free scope than take a chance and get dust inside!!

Hi Jeff,
I understand your frustrations and am personally sorry for the miscommunication between the office and yourself.

The lack of having your reticle was a situation that I dealt with over a month ago when I was told we were out of 10X MIL-Dots. Yes, we were OUT, not running low, not- hey we should probably order these soon.....We are OUT! To tell you the truth I was rather pissed off!

The reticles were ordered and we expect to have them in hand within the next couple of weeks. I'm not going to give you an exact date because we are dealing with a subcontractor that makes our reticles, but I can tell you they are always on time.

The fact that you were told a time period was a lack of followthrough on my employees checking to see exactly what was holding up your order, again we are sorry for this.

The fact that Becky didn't return your phone call is because she is busier than a one legged soccer player in an ass kicking contest.

Because of the clean room fiasco we are behind and are getting a ton of calls like yours, "when will my scope be ready?". I know that the wait is over what you were quoted, but there are many people that call 2 weeks after they place their order and ask the same thing. Every one of these phone calls puts a load on our staff and we can't get as much done in a day.

Jeff, look forward to having your scope shortly.
Thanks,
John III

Patience my friend you are looking at top of the line optics.Personally myself 6 months would be worth the wait.
these are not just scopes they are a work of art.
I am almost 100 percent you will be complety sastified............

Keep the faith bro, your scope will be well worth the wait, I damn near nutted in my pants when I got mine, they're the best there are.

Ahh, the good ol' days. I remember when 3-6 months was the standard wait for a USO build. I would suggest that if the owner of the company replies, as JW did, not offering an excuse, rather the reasons for delays on shipment, call it all good. I am sure all will be well very soon.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JBW#3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hi Jeff,
I understand your frustrations and am personally sorry for the miscommunication between the office and yourself.

The lack of having your reticle was a situation that I dealt with over a month ago when I was told we were out of 10X MIL-Dots. Yes, we were OUT, not running low, not- hey we should probably order these soon.....We are OUT! To tell you the truth I was rather pissed off!

The reticles were ordered and we expect to have them in hand within the next couple of weeks. I'm not going to give you an exact date because we are dealing with a subcontractor that makes our reticles, but I can tell you they are always on time.

The fact that you were told a time period was a lack of followthrough on my employees checking to see exactly what was holding up your order, again we are sorry for this.

The fact that Becky didn't return your phone call is because she is busier than a one legged soccer player in an ass kicking contest.

Because of the clean room fiasco we are behind and are getting a ton of calls like yours, "when will my scope be ready?". I know that the wait is over what you were quoted, but there are many people that call 2 weeks after they place their order and ask the same thing. Every one of these phone calls puts a load on our staff and we can't get as much done in a day.

Jeff, look forward to having your scope shortly.
Thanks,
John III </div></div>

this right here is exactly why this company is head and shoulders above the rest and i am so happy to do business with them. they aren'y shitting these things out man and you can't rush perfection.

If think thats bad. Try dealing with TBA.

JBW #3,

Thank you for the update!! I appreciate the honesty in your thread and can understand that stuff does happen. If I had known the deal, I would have not even called, but I did not know the hurdles that jumped up in front of you.

I wish you guys the best and will patiently (well sorta, LOL!!) wait for my scope to be finished. Like I said, this is my first USO scope and am anxiously looking forward to it!!!

It's all good!!

Thanks,

Jeff

Jeff has always been super responsive to my needs!!! Great guys (and girls)
grin.gif
to deal w/! They do their best and stuff happens!

Clean room fiasco?

First I heard of that. I have had a scope on order since the first week of January, so it sounds like the 8 to 10 week timeline just got pushed back a bit. Glad I checked this thread.

Clean room fiasco.....well, Nick decided that he would do some repairs to the drop ceiling in the clean room. Armed with some ratchet straps, punch angle and an electric impact he headed skyward. After tying up some beams that were sagging he decided to head onto the next set of beams. The board that he was using to step on turned out to be a piece of 3/4" press board with a wood laminate, all 240lbs came crashing through the ceiling creating a dust ball that resembled Mt. Vesuvius!!

Being tight on room we decided to do it right and make a second story over the clean room, 2X12's 12" on center with a 3/4" ply roof. We gained a ton of light, a cleaner environment, but we also lost 10 days of assembly over a 3 week period. We are back up and running now, but we have become a little behind on scopes shipping out the door.

We have hired a total of 5 new people in the last two months between the machine shop and assembly departments, so we will be even stronger in the near future as soon as they are all trained.

Again, thank you all for the continued support and understanding!
John III

I feel your pain! I ordered the new 1.8x10 Tpal in late Oct. 2008. I getting ready to receive it tomorrow (Hopefully). Can't wait! Oh yeah, Becky and the rest of the people I have talked to at USO have always been very candid and top notch.

Awesome Company!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Did Nick hurt anything other than his pride?</div></div>

Nick was OK, and the two employees he landed on were OK as well. The mess of data and phone cables made the fall pretty slow....I was in my office and thought we had another earthquake!

Here is a picture of the aftermath.
358614145.jpg

John III

I too am waiting on my first USO scope since Jan 8 and I say, take your time, make it a piece to last a lifetime!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JBW#3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...a one legged soccer player in an ass kicking contest. </div></div>

Whaaaat!??
grin.gif
grin.gif

that is top notch that John would respond directly and take responsibility for the delays. I have and will spend my money in a heart beat at USO.

Hired more people!? why didn't i know and apply!

So is Buckey and everyone else supposed to take the hit on a problem that is clearly all of USO's fault? Sounds like nothing but an excuse!

Since one of your guys caused this mess, give everyone who's scope has been delayed either their money back, or better yet, upgrade their scope at not extra cost to them. And take the extra cost out of the guy who caused all this mess.

Thank God for farm life! These are all lessons you learn (sometimes the hard way) when you deal first hand with life & death, feast or famine consequences.

And they call us farm boys "dumb hicks". At least we have good morals and a strong work ethic.

I have no dog in this fight, but the letter I read from John explaining the mishap, should have been sent out a day or two after the incident to all the customers that had scopes on order, giving them an FYI. It's just good business to keep the customer informed.

First off: To all you whiners that complain on time, ask this to yourselves: 'How many scopes are being built for deploying Warriors who NEED them more than you do?' Before you answer consider this. I was ready to deploy before knees and other BS took me out. I had on order a replacement SN4. 6 month wait, but I would be gone by then DEPLOYED. My scope was put in front of many others so it would be done on time for my scheduled deployment.
When I got the nickel tour of US Optics with my Pop, there were a few scopes that were top priority like mine was. It was this fact that has made me loyal as fuck to US Optics(yeah pardon my french)

Secondly: If you are awaiting a US Optics scope, your wait is well worth it. You have the finest scope money can buy on the way. You are dealing with a company that is always growing, and still offers the best service there is. John and his crew are the best motherfuckers to deal with. period.(yeah, pardon my french again, I LIKE that word)

Thirdly, well, don't you have something else you can shoot until it gets there? Come on, I know you do. Why sit here and complain like a lil(well you know what's coming)? Get out there and SHOOT. Practice for when you get that other rifle that is waiting for the best glass there is to get set up. Soon as you know, your new scope will be there, adn you will open the box, and say,"Holy FUCK! THIS SHIT IS NICE! WOW! DAMN! MOTHERFUCKER! THIS IS ONE HELL OF A SCOPE!

After that, well you better post some pics.

Me, I'll eat motherfuckin raman for months(yeah yeah yeah, pardon my french), and wait a year for a USO Scope, that's just how it is.

Your post just makes me smile, switchblade. I'm still trying to get enough money just to order a USO, want one sooo bad.

I just got my sn3 t pal today. its going with me on deployment in april. I ordered mine in jan when the wait for the rest of the non military customers was 10-12 weeks. I got mine in 8 and that was with the delays. Everyone I have talked to there is awesome, and the scope I just got was well worth the wait.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Switch is right!</span> Waiting time is nothing new in this industry. 6 months? No big deal. That's how things are around here. You gotta learn to deal with the unexpected shit.

<span style="font-weight: bold">But Switch is also over looking the issue completely.</span>

How come USO didn't say that in the first place? And why didn't they man up to their problem when they first happened? They left their customers hanging, or am I wrong about that? I mean, I can get away with a lot of delays, but if I don't tell my "boss" or my customers about these delays, then I get hung out to dry.

If I promise to have your car fixed for the weekend and when you show up on Friday and find the car is in pieces and isn't fixed, that's a problem, right? I then tell you next Friday and although your weekend plans this week are screwed, you just push everything off to next weekend. Ok, so you show up next Friday ready for your big weekend and you find your car in pieces and still not fixed. Like it or not, your weekend is once again screwed and you're told to "please be patient". All those special parts are required by the military.

But once again I promise for sure that the car will absolutely be ready the next Friday and the same thing happens again! No car and your weekend plans are screwed!

And all this time me the mechanic is waiting on a critical part that is nowhere to be found. All cars needing this repair part are delayed until the next batch of parts is made. As a mechanic, the problem is beyond my control, isn't it?

Yes, but why am I promising something I can't deliver? Why am I not informing my customers of the situation so they can make plans accordingly?

"If I knew of this delay I would have taken my business elsewhere."

Exactly!

There are other scopes on the market that could have been bought and already been in use if this delay was known. It's very selfserving of USO to delay delivery without being upfront with the customer to begin with. And not offering the customer the opportunity to take their business elsewhere is inexcuseable.

If your precious free time is of no importance, then having your plans upended is no big deal. But for the rest of us mere mortals who actually work for a living, free time is a very big deal!

This isn't about being delayed in getting their US Optics scope, <span style="font-weight: bold">it's about not sticking to your word and not letting your customers know that they need to change their plans.</span>

That's common courtesy. And in business, courtesy lets your customers know that their business is valued for more than just their money. And for all you know-it-all types that haven't been in business for yourself, treating customers like your personal ATM machine will get you out of business real fast.

That's business sense 101. But you knew that already, didn't you?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SCC-ELMT</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-weight: bold">Switch is right!</span> Waiting time is nothing new in this industry. 6 months? No big deal. That's how things are around here. You gotta learn to deal with the unexpected shit.

<span style="font-weight: bold">But Switch is also over looking the issue completely.</span>

How come USO didn't say that in the first place? And why didn't they man up to their problem when they first happened? They left their customers hanging, or am I wrong about that? I mean, I can get away with a lot of delays, but if I don't tell my "boss" or my customers about these delays, then I get hung out to dry.

If I promise to have your car fixed for the weekend and when you show up on Friday and find the car is in pieces and isn't fixed, that's a problem, right? I then tell you next Friday and although your weekend plans this week are screwed, you just push everything off to next weekend. Ok, so you show up next Friday ready for your big weekend and you find your car in pieces and still not fixed. Like it or not, your weekend is once again screwed and you're told to "please be patient". All those special parts are required by the military.

But once again I promise for sure that the car will absolutely be ready the next Friday and the same thing happens again! No car and your weekend plans are screwed!

And all this time me the mechanic is waiting on a critical part that is nowhere to be found. All cars needing this repair part are delayed until the next batch of parts is made. As a mechanic, the problem is beyond my control, isn't it?

Yes, but why am I promising something I can't deliver? Why am I not informing my customers of the situation so they can make plans accordingly?

Exactly!

There are other scopes on the market that could have been bought and already been in use if this delay was known. It's very selfserving of USO to delay delivery without being upfront with the customer to begin with. And not offering the customer the opportunity to take their business elsewhere is inexcuseable.

If your precious free time is of no importance, then having your plans upended is no big deal. But for the rest of us mere mortals who actually work for a living, free time is a very big deal!

This isn't about being delayed in getting their US Optics scope, <span style="font-weight: bold">it's about not sticking to your word and not letting your customers know that they need to change their plans.</span>

That's common courtesy. And in business, courtesy lets your customers know that their business is valued for more than just their money. And for all you know-it-all types that haven't been in business for yourself, treating customers like your personal ATM machine will get you out of business real fast.

</div></div>

WTF?!

Really now.

How much time will this so-called "courtesy" that you describe will cut into their productivity and cause even further delays? Sounds productive to me...not. You could always call or send an e-mail to find out these things, they answer their phones and respond to e-mails you know. No sense in stopping everything to create a press release to the world that there will be a slight delay, c'mon now. John came out and explained it here and is doing what most people would expect: He fixed the cause of the problem and got right back to work catching up on building scopes. John is one of the most hard working and dedicated guys I've ever met and he would bend over backwards to help someone out, a real gentleman. He is there long after his employees have gone home. What more do you want?

To preach customer service to US Optics is asinine at best. That is what they are known for as well as building excellent optics. I don't think their reputation is at all tarnished because of this mishap. Yes, there may be a cult-like following that'll stand ready to back them up and argue back...because there is a reason...excellent customer service time and time again. Shit happens, get over it and move on. Personally, I think they had a great turn-around after the mishap(and that was a BIG "oh shit" when your cleanroom is compromised like that).

BTW, have you found a job yet? US Optics was hiring but I think you just blew the interview.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: konabully</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SCC-ELMT</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-weight: bold">Switch is right!</span> Waiting time is nothing new in this industry. 6 months? No big deal. That's how things are around here. You gotta learn to deal with the unexpected shit.

Exactly!

</div></div>

WTF?!

Really now.

How much time will this so-called "courtesy" that you describe will cut into their productivity and cause even further delays? Sounds productive to me...not. You could always call or send an e-mail to find out these things, they answer their phones and respond to e-mails you know. No sense in stopping everything to create a press release to the world that there will be a slight delay, c'mon now. John came out and explained it here and is doing what most people would expect: He fixed the cause of the problem and got right back to work catching up on building scopes. John is one of the most hard working and dedicated guys I've ever met and he would bend over backwards to help someone out, a real gentleman. He is there long after his employees have gone home. What more do you want?

To preach customer service to US Optics is asinine at best. That is what they are known for as well as building excellent optics. I don't think their reputation is at all tarnished because of this mishap. Yes, there may be a cult-like following that'll stand ready to back them up and argue back...because there is a reason...excellent customer service time and time again. Shit happens, get over it and move on. Personally, I think they had a great turn-around after the mishap(and that was a BIG "oh shit" when your cleanroom is compromised like that).

BTW, have you found a job yet? US Optics was hiring but I think you just blew the interview. </div></div>

wow, you're a smart one, aren't you Konabully? Geez, me and 8.1 million other Americans have be laid off but I guess we're all "lazy bums", right? Just living high on the hog off those unemployment checks, right? Actually, those funds dried up and those checks stopped coming and geez, I'm selling everything I own to pay rent and put food on the table. And yes, 1 cup of rice and 3 cups of water really will feed a person for an entire day. But you're so smart "knowing" that anyone without a job is obviously some lazy bum. Yeah, a lot of brain power you've got there Konabully!

but back on topic,

When someone pays me $3,000 <span style="font-weight: bold">in advance</span> for a scope and something goes wrong, you bet your ass I would send out an email to each buyer saying that "shit has hit the fan" and their scope was delayed. And how long does it take to refund a client's money?

For any company that has their shit together <span style="font-weight: bold">it takes a few key strokes and a computer generated check gets automatically enveloped and posted in the mail <span style="text-decoration: underline">that business day!</span></span> Does accomplishing that feat take a huge I.T. or accounting department? No, it takes buying the hardware and software from CDW and having them set up and warrenty the system. At $3,000 a scope, yes, I would FIND A WAY to make that happen!

Damn, to busy to send out an email to <span style="font-weight: bold">prepaid buyers of $3,000 scopes</span> telling them what had happened and what options were available? That's not "preaching customer service", that's plain decency! Not recognizing what is plain decency and what are piss poor excuses for bad customer service is whats truly "asinine" in this situation.

And what does "building excellent scopes" have to do with automatically having good customer service? Not a damn thing! Believe it or not, it really is possible for a company to develop a very good product line and yet have shit for customer service.

And no, John did not just "come out here and explain the problem". John was put on the spot from the first posting and then had to speak publically and defend his reasons for his <span style="text-decoration: underline">lack</span> of customer service and forced to explain himself.

"We're to busy" is total bullshit! "Becky is to busy" is even worse! If your company gets caught up in days, weeks or months in delays do you really believe its "the secretary's fault" for being to busy to notify everyone?

What happened to the Owner stepping up to the plate and sending those emails, or making those phone calls himself? Is the Owner to "good" to speak with his customers?

And to be clear there Konabully, the problem is really NOT solved.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JBW#3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The reticles were ordered and <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="text-decoration: underline">we expect to have them in hand within the next couple of weeks.</span></span> I'm not going to give you <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="text-decoration: underline">an exact date</span></span> because we are dealing with a subcontractor that makes our reticles, but I can tell you they are always on time.</div></div>

No reticles on hand, no problem has be solved. Simple logic there Konabully, try to keep up.

It's a sign that a company is about to implode or be overtaken or have gotten fat and lazy off of government contracts when that company doesn't care enough about it's customers to make <span style="text-decoration: underline">the customer the focus of the business.</span> Yet another example of classic GM incompetence. "it's not us, it's the car buyers wanting better cars ..." Yeah, I want my Grandchildren's wages still bailing out GM from it's self created problems. Same shitty excuses, different company name. Just no excuse for it!

dude, these scopes are on a completely different level of any other manufacturer. Nightforce, Leupold, Swaroski, S&B, and others, they are all assembly line made, set number of possible combinations of choices. USO are custom built, every scope is hand built to meet each customer's specific wants. When you have that kind of product its a completely different mindset than buying factory built stuff. Buying a USO is like getting a roadster built by Boddington, opposed to getting a nightforce or others thats like going down to the local dealership and getting a mustang.

Just can't please everyone I guess...

John III, glad everyone is good to go at USO! I will count my blessings I will soon be a USO scope owner and wait.
smile.gif

I finally made my first USO scope order just over a week ago. When Jeff quoted 12 weeks I was like oh well, all I have is time right now.

I've been wanting to order a USO for a loooooong time. Probably since about 1996 or 97' when i first heard of them. So for me after waiting 12 or 13 years what's a 12 week wait?

Todd

Patience young grasshopper. I can sure tell you these guys are great and just give them the time it takes. Murray

Try waiting on a suppressor, then you'll consider USO's wait time pretty insignifigant....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Try waiting on a suppressor, then you'll consider USO's wait time pretty insignifigant.... </div></div>

That is no lie right there... USO is top notch and far more responsive than most.

USO does produce a quality product and the craftsmanship that goes in to one cannot be rushed. Sometimes delays are out of our control and it seems like John and his crew are working pretty hard to get on track again.

I agree, the wait can be frustrating, but in the end, the pride of ownership and years enjoyment you get from using this high quality optical device will overshadow any extended wait time you are going through now.

good luck,
al

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SCC-ELMT</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: konabully</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SCC-ELMT</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-weight: bold">Switch is right!</span> Waiting time is nothing new in this industry. 6 months? No big deal. That's how things are around here. You gotta learn to deal with the unexpected shit.

Exactly!

</div></div>

WTF?!

Really now.

BTW, have you found a job yet? US Optics was hiring but I think you just blew the interview. </div></div>

wow, you're a smart one, aren't you Konabully? Geez, me and 8.1 million other Americans have be laid off but I guess we're all "lazy bums", right? Just living high on the hog off those unemployment checks, right? Actually, those funds dried up and those checks stopped coming and geez, I'm selling everything I own to pay rent and put food on the table. And yes, 1 cup of rice and 3 cups of water really will feed a person for an entire day. But you're so smart "knowing" that anyone without a job is obviously some lazy bum. Yeah, a lot of brain power you've got there Konabully!

but back on topic,

When someone pays me $3,000 <span style="font-weight: bold">in advance</span> for a scope and something goes wrong, you bet your ass I would send out an email to each buyer saying that "shit has hit the fan" and their scope was delayed. And how long does it take to refund a client's money?

For any company that has their shit together <span style="font-weight: bold">it takes a few key strokes and a computer generated check gets automatically enveloped and posted in the mail <span style="text-decoration: underline">that business day!</span></span> Does accomplishing that feat take a huge I.T. or accounting department? No, it takes buying the hardware and software from CDW and having them set up and warrenty the system. At $3,000 a scope, yes, I would FIND A WAY to make that happen!

Damn, to busy to send out an email to <span style="font-weight: bold">prepaid buyers of $3,000 scopes</span> telling them what had happened and what options were available? That's not "preaching customer service", that's plain decency! Not recognizing what is plain decency and what are piss poor excuses for bad customer service is whats truly "asinine" in this situation.

And what does "building excellent scopes" have to do with automatically having good customer service? Not a damn thing! Believe it or not, it really is possible for a company to develop a very good product line and yet have shit for customer service.

And no, John did not just "come out here and explain the problem". John was put on the spot from the first posting and then had to speak publically and defend his reasons for his <span style="text-decoration: underline">lack</span> of customer service and forced to explain himself.

"We're to busy" is total bullshit! "Becky is to busy" is even worse! If your company gets caught up in days, weeks or months in delays do you really believe its "the secretary's fault" for being to busy to notify everyone?

What happened to the Owner stepping up to the plate and sending those emails, or making those phone calls himself? Is the Owner to "good" to speak with his customers?

And to be clear there Konabully, the problem is really NOT solved.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JBW#3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The reticles were ordered and <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="text-decoration: underline">we expect to have them in hand within the next couple of weeks.</span></span> I'm not going to give you <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="text-decoration: underline">an exact date</span></span> because we are dealing with a subcontractor that makes our reticles, but I can tell you they are always on time.</div></div>

No reticles on hand, no problem has be solved. Simple logic there Konabully, try to keep up.

It's a sign that a company is about to implode or be overtaken or have gotten fat and lazy off of government contracts when that company doesn't care enough about it's customers to make <span style="text-decoration: underline">the customer the focus of the business.</span> Yet another example of classic GM incompetence. "it's not us, it's the car buyers wanting better cars ..." Yeah, I want my Grandchildren's wages still bailing out GM from it's self created problems. Same shitty excuses, different company name. Just no excuse for it!
</div></div>

Your taking this way too far IMO. That is the reason nobody is jumping on your bandwagon. Just relax about it. If they piss you off so bad, don't buy their scopes.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Supersubes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Your taking this way too far IMO. That is the reason nobody is jumping on your bandwagon. Just relax about it. If they piss you off so bad, don't buy their scopes. </div></div>

Yeah, you're right. I need to take a whole bottle of chill pills. Being unemployed has put a lot of pressure on me. Not a fun experience.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Sorry to everyone for acting like a DICK</span>

US Optics is the finest scope manufacturer around. No one else comes close to their custom order scopes. Having those scopes available to us non-mil / non-police guys is very important.

<span style="font-weight: bold">US Optics: Thank you for your excellent scopes and service!</span>

sorry for the turd I laid above.

Peace out.

SCC-ELMT - at first got irritated till I hit your unemployed thread and then said "Cool, understandable...".

Of all of the companies out there that have screwed employees, ran with their stocks etc - USO is not one of those - having dealt with JW3 he's usually fast about responding and accurate as well -

I too have a scope and am waiting but I waited 2 months for a McMillan stock...

I feel your pain tho, I hope you find employment - if you care to move PSNS is still hiring people for refits on the carriers here- and they pay well...PM me if interested and I'll see if I can get some contact info (Search for AMSEC's job opening website)...

IF you are in Idaho, I'm 8 hrs away in Bremerton.

ArticLight,

Nice gesture on your part w/ helping SCC-ELMT out!!!

The USO scopes are worth the wait. I have the 3.2-17x and 1.8-10. They both took 8 weeks each to build and they're built like a tank.

Talk about great customer service too...My first scope was the 3.2-17x and I ordered the standard housing instead of the lo-profile eyepiece. Jeff at USO asked if I had really wanted this and I said yes. On pickup day, I realized that I should have gone with the lo-profile. They took it back and tore it apart to redo the scope at no additional cost. A week later, I was a happy camper. GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE!!! See my scopes here.

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthre...3251#Post983251

Any US optics produces are worth the wait. The customer service is second to none.

Jeff at USO goes above and beyond. They have sent me free scope screws and if you can believe it replaced at no charge a second hand Posa Slide & Lock mount.

Any updates on the arrival of the mil-dot reticles for the SN3??

While we're at it, any update on the 34 mm tubes?

Had an email from a couple of weeks ago saying my scope was going into production then and would ship last week. No scope. Just received an email today saying they could not get to it because they have no 34mm tubes ready.

I realize that people here love these scopes. And I expected to wait, since I was told 8 to 10 weeks when I places my order in early January (the 7th, I think). And I understand the issue with the clean room setting them back a few days. But, this is getting a little frustrating. No mil dot reticles and now no 34mm tubes (that was on the original order).