• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

GAMER CHANGER TESLONG BORE SCOPE!!! -- FINALLY A QUALITY REASONABLY PRICED BORE SCOPE!

Where can you find Kroil or is it an "order" item only? I can order it everywhere-just wondering if it's possible to find locally-what kind of business would sell it?

Where can you find Kroil or is it an "order" item only? I can order it everywhere-just wondering if it's possible to find locally-what kind of business would sell it?
home depot, lowes etc...

i don't use it, but it is a common product.

Dude.....shoot it. Are you trying to become a better shot or the worlds best tube puncher?

Leave that rediculously overkill cleaning bs to the bench rest fuds

A friend and longtime rimfire shooter (has personally shot the throat out of an Anschutz barrel) owns a borescope and just bought a new Lithgow .22lr. We were joking before he scoped it that he probably shouldn't before he shot it..... He scoped it first and said compared to my Anschutz 54.30 and Vudoo this barrel looks like it couldn't hit a 6 yard dumpster at 200yds.

…….. The Lithgow shot a 10rd group sub-MOA at 200 right out of the blocks (first 50rnds).

I bought my bore scope to detect carbon ring build up on my rimfires and inspect throat wear on my centerfires. Sometimes you're better off not knowing and let your skills and targets speak for themselves. ;)

Yeah you're right of course. It's my OCD that kept me alive during my aviation career, rearing its ugly head again! :cool:
LOL..... don't ask my wife about OCD unless you have a few hours to listen.

I have four .17cal rifles that create occasional anxiety issues. ;)

This guy's approach to break in and cleaning makes sense to me:

This is fast becoming the Thread of the Year. And I have yet to order one. ?

Wait, you haven't order the most important brand new device for Long Range Shooting? Just messing, I didn't order one either. I'll just use my buddy's after he ordered one because I sent him this thread...

Reactions: Near miss
I wish! That was my colonoscopy prep kit. The longest day of my life!
I still can't bring myself to drink anything with grape flavor, that's what the prep tasted like and the doc had me do colonoscopy and upper endoscopy in the same wash, in the Army we called that "embrace the suck." I guess he was short the money for ESPN and HBO and decided to watch "something else" until he could draw my cash out of the bank.

Dude.....shoot it. Are you trying to become a better shot or the worlds best tube puncher?

Leave that rediculously overkill cleaning bs to the bench rest fuds
Saw some guy at the range the other day "breaking in" his barrel. Was there over 2 hours. Shoots One into the dirt pushes some patches through it, waits 10 min, more patches, shoots another one into the dirt, repeat. Don't know how long he was there but ilhe was there when I got there, and still there when I left.

Who has time for BS like that.

Reactions: Huskydriver
BRILLIANT JOB PETER! Thank you for all the hard work and the months of back and forth with the team overseas. BTW Guys.. Peter did this out of the goodness of his heart! He is dedicated to the sport. He made not a bloody penny for all his hard work to get this thing made.

Congrats, guys! Kudos to your engineers solving the problem of the angle attachment in this small diameter, too

Saw some guy at the range the other day "breaking in" his barrel. Was there over 2 hours. Shoots One into the dirt pushes some patches through it, waits 10 min, more patches, shoots another one into the dirt, repeat. Don't know how long he was there but ilhe was there when I got there, and still there when I left.

Who has time for BS like that.

lol, he's blowing it.
you have to wait exactly 8.5 minutes between patches or you'll fuck it all up worse. :p

Well, it looks like part of my issue was caused by operator headspace which is defined as a total lack of cranial matter between the ears.

I was using the "straight down the bore" view to check the barrel and THEN I put on the angle view tip and saw something totally different. The difference between the two views is dramatic. The pictures are from the same location in the barrel. Wifes been on a business trip overseas and gets back tomorrow and now I can get all this cleaning crap off the counter before she gets home!!! ;-)

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 150
  • b.jpg
    b.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 151
Well, it looks like part of my issue was caused by operator headspace which is defined as a total lack of cranial matter between the ears.

I was using the "straight down the bore" view to check the barrel and THEN I put on the angle view tip and saw something totally different. The difference between the two views is dramatic. The pictures are from the same location in the barrel. Wifes been on a business trip overseas and gets back tomorrow and now I can get all this cleaning crap off the counter before she gets home!!! ;-)
Yours came with the angle tip not attached? Or is there another straight tip that should have come with mine? If I take the angle tip off all there is is bare threading and I would not care to shove that down the bore, soft as the metal may be, mostly because I'd be afraid if the threading gets damaged I wouldn't get the angle tip back on.

Actually, when I hooked the unit up with the tip for the first time the image was terrible. I looked closely at the tip and there was no "mirror" attached to it. I realized that other pictures that were posted showed excellent imagery and I finally decided that the mirror had not been attached when the unit was assembled.

There was no evidence of any adhesive having been applied to the tip so I figured it made it out of the shop without it being installed. Two days later I saw something that caught the light laying on the floor near the area where I unboxed the unit. Sure enough, it was the mirror. Just like the tip, It had no evidence of adhesive on it so I'm guessing it fell out of the package when I opened it.

A little dab of epoxy took care of it and it works great now. I really don't think that you carefully running this unit through the bore has any potential at all of damaging the threads

Reactions: SonicBurlap
Actually, when I hooked the unit up with the tip for the first time the image was terrible. I looked closely at the tip and there was no "mirror" attached to it. I realized that other pictures that were posted showed excellent imagery and I finally decided that the mirror had not been attached when the unit was assembled.

There was no evidence of any adhesive having been applied to the tip so I figured it made it out of the shop without it being installed. Two days later I saw something that caught the light laying on the floor near the area where I unboxed the unit. Sure enough, it was the mirror. Just like the tip, It had no evidence of adhesive on it so I'm guessing it fell out of the package when I opened it.

A little dab of epoxy took care of it and it works great now. I really don't think that you carefully running this unit through the bore has any potential at all of damaging the threads
That's what I figured after taking a closer look at your picture without the mirror that unit was not designed to be run without the tip and it just came loose on you.

IPC_2019-08-14.20.39.47.0115.jpg

The scope does have some limited uses without the mirror piece on...I find it useful to find erosion in the lands that aren't showing up with the mirror...

Reactions: SonicBurlap
I'm actually glad I spent the time working on the bore and finishing it up with a good run of Bore Bright-a patch goes through the barrels like it has grease on them .

I was actually working on two rifles at the same time and they basically looked the same, a 224 Valkyrie I built on a trued PTG Rem 700 action and a 6mm Creedmoor I built on a Rem 700 action using Criterion Remage barrels. I'm a Lefty so I didn't have much choice regarding the 224 Valkyrie setup as I couldn't find anyone but PTG that had it available. I actually really like it, it's stainless steel with a fluted bolt and an M16 extractor. They did as good a job as I do lapping the lugs so I can't complain...

Got me a different adapter that beats the one that came with it to pieces. Before the adapter constantly lost contact and would slide out of

the android, now this thing is solid like the Rock of Gibraltar worthy of the rest of the bore scope.

If any one else desires to fix their scope and make it a pleasure to use I recommend this:

UGREEN USB C to USB Adapter Type C OTG Cable USB C Male to USB 3.0 A Female Cable Connector

Cost me $5.99 on Amazon and well worth it.

Attachments

• 20190824_115926a.jpg
    20190824_115926a.jpg
    652.8 KB · Views: 119
  • Muzzle to Muzzle Brake Transition 1.jpg
    Muzzle to Muzzle Brake Transition 1.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 134
Reactions: MBanning

I just received mine yesterday, same thing. Will hunt for the mirror!

Wrote to Teslong last night through Amazon and they responded quickly saying they will send me one. Hope it's not another 10 days like it to the scope to arrive.

Steve

Mine came this afternoon. Got it working on a win 10 laptop in a few minutes and scoped my 65CM. Seems to work really well. I don't have time to write a really long review, I need to go order a gallon of everything Bore Tech makes, a case of brushes and a couple of boxes of patches.

Reactions: Near miss
Received mine today and was and am impressed. Except for one thing. Using Win 10 and screen snip I captured the error code. How fix?View attachment 7138037View attachment 7138038
OK. I should have stated that was ONLY on Win 10. It works magnificentlyTerm2.jpgTerm1.JPGTerm3.jpg on my Android using the Shen Yao APP as suggested here. Today I've had some time to use this Teslong Borescope and so far I can't imagine what more anyone would want with its clarity, ease of use, applications beyond expectations, etc. Maybe barrel manufacturers will come to love--and loathe too--this borescope; ditto for chemical peddlers...

Great piece of equipment. Thanks to all for making it and publicizing your experiences...

Lots of great pics of the bores. Before I do a big search for a good site that shows the issues with bores, can anyone recommend one?

Thanks,
Steve

I received two tips with mirrors from Teslong yesterday to replace the tip missing a mirror. They were great about responding to my emails and immediately sending the correct part.

Mr. Wong's comment,

The issue with the mirror is our stupid mistake. Currently I have received 5 feedbacks about the mirror. I can't imagine why there are such low-level mistakes.
Can you help me leave a message on that website? If there is a issue with the mirror, please contact us and we will provide a replacement mirror as soon as possible.
Thank you
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Murphy Wong
Product Manager of Teslong

I doubt seriously one exists and if it did I strongly recommend ascribing it a 99% chance of being totally wrong in the observation, diagnosis and recommendations columns coming right out of the gate and the 1% correctness being an accident.

I'm not big on absolute statements as they are seldom absolute and a lot of this subject is fueled by legitimate and sincere( but wholly subjective to the individual who is very likely untrained in this particular division of science) opinion ( sometimes pushed by ego and attached to a profit center for those in the business) that is simply incorrect on every count. ( think 3 blind engineers describing a tree with anecdotes and metaphors). This subject however is one time it not only applies but the available science is well established.

One of my line specialties is forensic engineering and failure analysis.. I have gone through the ASM (American Society of Metals) BOK and a host of others. I do lots of metallurgical and tribological analysis. I say that to say that I'm not giving you a "layman's' opinion and believe me this subject comes up a lot when I work with various maintenance and engineering departments at various plants. I've had the opportunity to even destructively test a few barrels over the years.

Here are some of the barriers to a successful visual evaluation ( we will just call it a barrel since that's the subject)

First, there is seldom a dimensioned print with all the finish and geometry to have a baseline so the evaluator has a hard time knowing where he is at in the failure curve.

Second, the image is a 2D rendering of a 3D image so vital information is not there ( that's the difference mainly between low end and high end optics) along with the metrology software to define what you are seeing. ( look at packages such as hatchware, hexagon, builtit etc.) so you don't have much to go with.

third- you don't have a surface profile analysis ( from a probe, fax film, laser or light band etc.) so the "scratches" cannot be qualified or quantified relative to their contribution to performance. ( most have no effect and there is an optimum Ra finish required so the bullet will seal so there is no blow by torching effect)

fourth- the light itself ( if not regulated properly and filtered) can hide or induce artifacts ( false data)

fifth- control parameters. The "picture" itself is only a record of a defect for reporting and only tells the technician what to suspect and what additional tests need to be run so without additional information such as metal composition, any treatment, cycles ( rounds for a barrel), temperature of the test, physical orientation and a host of others- you don't know what the picture really means.

That just the short list.

I view bore scoping like industrial oil analysis for condition monitoring. The information is useful, has meaning and contributes greatly in overall performance monitoring but by itself in a stand alone situation I strongly do NOT recommend making a decision based on visual findings alone. Its biggest value is telling you "where" to look and helps narrow the list of suspects for the actual problem.

Hope this helps

If you want to get information that directly correlates to surface analysis of metals that will help you in assessing bore issues get SKF and Timken bearing analysis literature. Very good primers on the subject.

There you go introducing reality into this conversation....

Cant we just enjoy our $50 ChiCom ass/spy cams and stand by for all the bitching regards buying barrels in the PX and having people wanting to return perfectly good barrels after scoping it because they knew the barrel was shit.

You trying to prevent @lowlight from dealing with the dumb ass shit that will be coming from the number of these scopes bought?

Tell it to @ArmyJerry please.

I just want to confirm a carbon ring - what the rest of the barrel is doing is meaningless to me.
After 1000 rounds, any I’ve seen look like a dried, cracked lake bed.

I bought this scoped....used it for 5 minutes before the mirror came off....lost forever...I contacted the company and have not received a replacement yet...I don't recommend you buy this until they get the issue with the mirror fixed!!!! Still waiting for a replacement....not holding my breath....

I received two tips with mirrors from Teslong yesterday to replace the tip missing a mirror. They were great about responding to my emails and immediately sending the correct part.

Mr. Wong's comment,

The issue with the mirror is our stupid mistake. Currently I have received 5 feedbacks about the mirror. I can't imagine why there are such low-level mistakes.
Can you help me leave a message on that website? If there is a issue with the mirror, please contact us and we will provide a replacement mirror as soon as possible.
Thank you
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Murphy Wong

My experience is not as good....contacted them to get replacement.....have not received a replacement and not heard back from them....

Mr. Wong's comment,

Thank you
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Murphy Wong

Who did you contact to get the new mirror...I have been trying to get replacement...I bought two of the danders things and BOTH mirror fell off....

Here's my faithful never jam wasr ... No wonder she's overgassed when suppressed lol thus would be what the gas port has become with time. Nevermind the pitting in the barrel.

IPC_2019-09-02.13.58.31.1950.jpg

IPC_2019-09-02.13.58.41.7090.jpg

Attachments

• IPC_2019-09-02.13.57.37.7520.jpg
    IPC_2019-09-02.13.57.37.7520.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 93
  • IPC_2019-09-02.13.57.48.0490.jpg
    IPC_2019-09-02.13.57.48.0490.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 94