• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Garmin Foretrex 701

tna9001

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 4, 2017
Asheville NC
I got a chance to use my Foretex 701 this week, what an awesome piece of equipment. I started with phone app's then a Kestral 5700 and the Fortex is by far the best option in my opinion. The menus are logical and the input scheme is well thought out, unlike the Kestral which is an antiquated design. There isn't an App for the Fortex yet to load profiles like the Kestral but as I understand one is in the works.
[h=1][/h]

Does the Garmin 701 have an atmospherics module complete with temperature, barometric pressure, and humidity?

My work just ordered these and no one has been able to tell me what the deal is.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Does the Garmin 701 have an atmospherics module complete with temperature, barometric pressure, and humidity?

My work just ordered these and no one has been able to tell me what the deal is.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

No. It’s got a tempeature module and the unit measures pressure, you’ve got to manually enter humidity.

I'm sure this was covered else where but can it BT to a Kestrel 5700 for atmospherics/wind or just utilize it's own internal sensors +manual inputs?

I'm sure this was covered else where but can it BT to a Kestrel 5700 for atmospherics/wind or just utilize it's own internal sensors +manual inputs?

You’ve got to enter wind and humidity manually. The 701 has an external temperature sensor. The 701 won’t talk to the Kestrel.

Too bad...I wish I could leave my 5700 in it's weathervane and have it feed all inputs to the Foretrex- yeah I know I could view it on my phone via app but the phone is always timing out/hard to read, etc. Being able to populate wind via BT from the 5700 to the Garmin would be great.

Reactions: Daniel-01