• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Good idea BCM..... Bad timing (am i screwed?)

DogBone87

Private
Minuteman
Nov 26, 2011
Mississippi
I bought an upper from Bravo about 2 weeks ago. Spent around 900 on it and she arrived in less than a week (no 2week wait like others!!). She is a beauty, 16" mid-length BFH with the centurion c4 rail 12"; fit and finish is flawless. Everything was in good shape except my Travis Haley DVD that apparently got cracked during shipping.

Anyways I promised myself that I would not shoot this baby until i got a bcg and charging handle to match. This is where my problem arises; I knew that BCM bcg's come in stock once or twice a week so I was going to sneak on over and grab one (or have wife to do it while i'm at work); but this has proven to be very hard to do, impossible seeing that the last batch of bcg in stock were only sold with uppers (I am assuming this as I got no notification).

Well I spent $900 on an upper also (2 weeks ago) and I think I should be entitled to a matching BCG also, which I won't be for some time if they start selling them all as "complete uppers". I think that if a customer buys an upper when bcg's are out of stock, they should be given a one time code to reserve a BCG for 24hrs before going and selling them all to "everybody else". Is this selfish? I certainly don't think so!

Last edited:
The flaw with your theory is you had the choice to wait for a complete upper, or buy one minus BCG and hope to get one later. Good luck on the hunt and just keep checking their site.

Careful with the word "Entitled..." You bought what you bought knowing that it did not come with a BCG. You are entitled to wait in line like everyone else as you did not buy (or even put any money down, or backorder) a BCG. Now, if you had paid a deposit for a BCG then I would be on board with you having some claim or justification for priority.

Things are slowing down too. I was able to buy 6 lbs of varget over 3 days (2 lbs per day) from a local BassPro that has been out of everything for a couple of months. 30 cal bullets are still scarce and primers are even more so, but the supply of firearm components is catching up. Two weeks ago there were no semi auto rifles in a local gun shot. Last week there were 2, and earlier this week there were 4. They were grossly overpriced, but they were there.

LOL, I know i'm not "entitled" to anything. I'm just stating that under certain circumstances (these circumstances), that it would be cool if they could make small parts more available to people who've already paid for the big parts. I think the people at BCM are doing a great job, and I am only making a suggestion.

Where does it end? You say you should get preference because you bought the upper and don't have a bolt. Should you be first in line for a lower receiver to go with the upper? The upper doesn't go bang by itself. They sold you an item that you knew exactly what you were getting, nothing more, nothing less. A lot of people have extra bolt groups and all they need is the upper. That purchase fits their profile. That is what they were selling at the time.

I was hoping that they would put a reasonable limit on the quantity you could purchase to prevent all the gougers from buying them all. I have been online within 3 minutes from getting an email on my phone and they were sold out. I hope at least some of the people that needed them for their personal builds have been able to get them.

I was hoping that they would put a reasonable limit on the quantity you could purchase to prevent all the gougers from buying them all. I have been online within 3 minutes from getting an email on my phone and they were sold out. I hope at least some of the people that needed them for their personal builds have been able to get them.

"gouging" doesn't exist. "free will" to purchase or not purchase does...

dogbone stop yer bitchin and put on your bigboy pantys you know what you bought dont come here and whine.buy the bcg and be done with it.that is all.

I see what you're saying, it would be neat if they had some sort of backorder feature for those that purchase uppers but that's not how they work. Just put their BCG page as a favorite and then check it every morning until you get lucky.

dogbone stop yer bitchin and put on your bigboy pantys you know what you bought dont come here and whine.buy the bcg and be done with it.that is all.

whining my ass. I'm just making a point. They had been selling bcg first come first serve and I knew this, I am lucky enough to have someone on watch for one pretty much allday every day (since i got my upper). Now they decide to sell the last batch with uppers only (which I agree is a good idea) and that made it impossible for me to get one without buying another upper.

I was simply sharing my moment of irony in which my idea backfired on me (hence the thread title). Rest assured I will wait, and I will complete my upper soon enough. Oh and "big boy panties" ain't really my style LOL.

I just purchased the same upper minus the rail from BCM 2 weeks ago, Last week I hit their site at the right time & got a BCG from them. Now it looks like just in the last week, they are offering BCG's with the uppers.
They had 2 lots of BCG's avail last week, both sold out in 15 min. It does seems like they are getting BCG out more often, but don't wait for their in-stock e-mails last 2 times I got the in-stock email long after they were gone.
I would recommend you use an AP called Alert Box for Chrome of Firefox to bonitor the BCG page. When it changes it will email you an alert, just have to have your browser running.

The issue here is people feel entitled to things that they are not.

OP you knew you were buying an upper receiver minus BCG/CH so stop complaining. You are entitled to NOTHING!

I just purchased the same upper minus the rail from BCM 2 weeks ago, Last week I hit their site at the right time & got a BCG from them. Now it looks like just in the last week, they are offering BCG's with the uppers.
They had 2 lots of BCG's avail last week, both sold out in 15 min. It does seems like they are getting BCG out more often, but don't wait for their in-stock e-mails last 2 times I got the in-stock email long after they were gone.
I would recommend you use an AP called Alert Box for Chrome of Firefox to bonitor the BCG page. When it changes it will email you an alert, just have to have your browser running.

Thanks man, I will rig this up ASAP!

I would email them and alert them of the situation. Bravo co is pretty good about getting back to you and should be able to put you high on the priority list.

Really OP.

They sold you exactly what you purchased and now your bitching how you want more? And this folks is why america will fail, everyone feels they are "entitled" to everything.

All you are entitled to is what you purchased and all you purchased was an upper.