• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Here's my F@#K YOU to Fedex

BLKWLFK9

Just F'n Send It Podcast
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Feb 13, 2017
    Went to FedEx the other day to send my AI down to GCP in FL. I've sent many rifles out from FedEx and this particular location as well. They quickly told me that there is now (As of 2 weeks ago) a new rule from FedEx on firearm shipping. The manager had to pull out a 3 ring binder that was about 7-8" thick of pages, flipped to the firearm section and proceeded to tell me that now, you have to be an FFL to not only receive firearms, but also to fuckin send them, no matter who the recipient is. The only exception is if you have a pre-printed label from your FFL recipient that they have to have set up through Fedex for this new rule.

I told that fat, 5'3" tall cock biter that they'll never see another red fuckin cent from me again and to eat shit.

This shit is getting fucking ridiculous. It's bad when they, a private company, pull some shit like this but the USPS has no issue sending it when the people running the federal gov are some gun grabbing commies.

/ rant

Oh man. I was going to go to FedEx after work today to ship a rifle out, but I guess I'll use USPS. My only challenge is finding a box that'll fit over the case.

Reactions: BLKWLFK9
    Yup. Sounds like Fedex. I've been boycotting them ever since they dropped a ZCO on my porch and it got stolen. I paid for insurance and signature requirement and they didn't get a signature. I wasn't home and proved such. I wasn't home and the driver still says they got my signature. I told them to show me my signature and I'll drop everything (I knew they didn't have it). Of course they couldn't and said they just have the generic first initial last name typed in by the driver "due to Covid." The driver told the guy I talked to that he saw a truck in the driveway and it looked like someone was home and then he remembered I specifically came out and signed. That sentence doesn't even make logical sense. They denied my claim and haven't seen another dollar from me and won't for the rest of my days.

I've called them FedSux for years. Then again, UPS lost one of my cans, so.

Nonlicensee shippers
    Nonlicensees are prohibited from shipping firearms with FedEx.
    fedex retail box

Went to FedEx the other day to send my AI down to GCP in FL. I've sent many rifles out from FedEx and this particular location as well. They quickly told me that there is now (As of 2 weeks ago) a new rule from FedEx on firearm shipping. The manager had to pull out a 3 ring binder that was about 7-8" thick of pages, flipped to the firearm section and proceeded to tell me that now, you have to be an FFL to not only receive firearms, but also to fuckin send them, no matter who the recipient is. The only exception is if you have a pre-printed label from your FFL recipient that they have to have set up through Fedex for this new rule.

I told that fat, 5'3" tall cock biter that they'll never see another red fuckin cent from me again and to eat shit.

This shit is getting fucking ridiculous. It's bad when they, a private company, pull some shit like this but the USPS has no issue sending it when the people running the federal gov are some gun grabbing commies.

/ rant
    Fedex wont take even per-policy pre-labeled shipments unless its an approved location. That location might be 100 miles away.

Ask me how i know🤣🙈🔥 🤬

I had too open a FedEx account and generate the label myself, but the shipped it then last week from a shipping center.

I'm not a licensed dealer. Shipped a rifle via FedEx to a dealer just a couple of weeks ago no problem

I'm not a licensed dealer. Shipped a rifle via FedEx to a dealer just a couple of weeks ago no problem
    Corporate HQ rules have been on the books a while, but is your local FedEx a major hub or just a small branch?

Federal law requires carriers to ship firearms, as a general rule, but the circumstances of shipment it protects are more narrow.

The cannot block you as a private party sending out warranty work.

But they may be able to decline you sending out regular business, to an ffl gunsmith, etc. Unless you run via FFL on both sides, etc.

Yup. Sounds like Fedex. I've been boycotting them ever since they dropped a ZCO on my porch and it got stolen. I paid for insurance and signature requirement and they didn't get a signature. I wasn't home and proved such. I wasn't home and the driver still says they got my signature. I told them to show me my signature and I'll drop everything (I knew they didn't have it). Of course they couldn't and said they just have the generic first initial last name typed in by the driver "due to Covid." The driver told the guy I talked to that he saw a truck in the driveway and it looked like someone was home and then he remembered I specifically came out and signed. That sentence doesn't even make logical sense. They denied my claim and haven't seen another dollar from me and won't for the rest of my days.
    In this instance, unless you are shipping the optic to yourself, you are not FedEx’s customer. The shipper is. It is on them to recoup the insurance. You get a refund from the shipper. If they won’t comply, you call your credit card company and do a charge back.

People go about this backwards and vendors encourage their customers to think about shipping backwards. You are not paying for shipping or insurance. You are reimbursing the shipper what they paid for shipping. They contracted with the shipper. They bought the insurance.

Meanwhile, Amazon just delivered a package to my house- 2 days… wait for it… get ready… are you sitting down?… early!

FedEx is the worst delivery company in my area as well. Left a KRG Bravo in my front yard, not even close to the door.

Allegedly, this new rule is only 2 weeks old, per the manager of this particular location.

News flash-they all suck. Everyone of them has lost or fucked up packages of mine. It is just a sign of the times and the people that work for them.

I made a post on another thread a few weeks ago regarding this. Basically said, whenever you think youve figured out which of the 3 that suck the least, they immediately fuck something up and show you that they all suck equally. In this case though, it isn't as much a "they suck at their job." This is a "i can't do business with your company because of your company" type situation. So like i said originally, Fuck FedEx.

In this instance, unless you are shipping the optic to yourself, you are not FedEx’s customer. The shipper is. It is on them to recoup the insurance. You get a refund from the shipper. If they won’t comply, you call your credit card company and do a charge back.

People go about this backwards and vendors encourage their customers to think about shipping backwards. You are not paying for shipping or insurance. You are reimbursing the shipper what they paid for shipping. They contracted with the shipper. They bought the insurance.
    EXACTLY!

Ya ya ya, but who sucks the most?
    That’s a tough one. USPS delivered $600 in gear to the same street number but one block up, admitted their mistake and told me to pound sand. UPS lost an AI barrel within an hour of me dropping it off and I still haven’t received my insurance refund, 7 months later. So far FedEx is the best but I am sure they will fuck that up soon enough.

Agree, Fuck FedEx. My wife ordered me a Traeger timberline 1300 for Christmas, suppose to be delivered 12-23-21. I knew I wasn't going to get it on time as soon as my wife said it was coming FedEx. Got delivered this Monday.

I didn't notice damage till I was putting it together, guess I should have looked closer. Anyway called Traeger yesterday sent them pictures and they're sending me a new one. Definitely not Traegers fault but there fixing anyway. I wasn't expecting them to just replace.

Attachments

• 20220103_152657.jpg
      20220103_152657.jpg
      639.8 KB · Views: 91
    • 20220103_152634.jpg
      20220103_152634.jpg
      705.1 KB · Views: 60
    • 20220103_174302.jpg
      20220103_174302.jpg
      395.7 KB · Views: 81
    I got one you fellas will like. I ordered another Hunter ceiling fan a month ago... Tracking indicates that FedEx managed to get it from Mississippi to about 100 miles from my house in a few days... That's when the wheels came off.

Sat & sat & sat but since it was the holidays, like a bozo I let it slide, figured I'd cut them some slack... Big mistake. Called them today & the jabroni on the phone tells me that since it's been more than 7 days, he can't help me. I can only imagine that had I called the middle of December, they would've told me that they were buried in packages & to be patient.

I've contacted Hunter & I'm sure they'll make it right, but it's bullshit that they will have to... They made the fan & shipped the fucking thing, they're certainly not at fault here!

FedEx fucking sucks balls, agree.

UPS just lost barrel. Never scanned the thing, I handed it to the lady at the counter, at the main facility for the area, where all the sorting and shipping is done.

She puts it on some other packages on the counter, and says dropping off thanks. Yep. I wait for a second for her to scan it, she doesn't, I don't want to be a pain so I go on my way. She is helping a lady and someone came in behind me also. I go in two days later, they are only open two hours per day, so how many faces could she see. She looks at me like I am an alien. Goes and gets the manager, and leaves me in a room full of drop off packages completely unsupervised with no cameras on the outside or inside of the building. What fucking year is this?

Manager says, "Well are you sure you dropped it off here?" I pointed to the lady and said I literally put it in your hands two days ago.

The manager says, well we would have had to loose it from here to there. Points from the counter to the door.

I say, yea where is it?

• Angry
    Reactions: J-Ham
    Oh yea Burris sent me an Overnight label for an XTRIII, It sat at the only pickup facility in town for two days. Then they picked it up and put a delivery exemption or some bullshit on the tracking, and took another 7 days to deliver it, about 150 miles, half way across Colorado. A freakin week after they had it in hand, they must have had to use a covered wagon due to COVID.

• Angry
    Reactions: J-Ham
    I’m telling you boys, as far as the guns and nfa shit, if you’ll just catch your drivers when they fuck up and leave them with no signature or whatever the fuck they’re doing, if you’ll just mention the word “felony” and 10+ years, they’ll straighten right the fuck up, I’m talking cell numbers exchanged and first name basis!

UPS left a 1000 chassis sitting on my doorstep the other day signature required and I was at work. Luckily it was there when the wife got home still.

Doc

Shipping today is risky at best. The USPS sucks ass and when you go outside the official US mail stream, IE UPS, Fedex, DHL, etc... you are no longer "protected" by the US postal inspection service. Post office cops essentially. These folks are the ones that track down if mail is continually being stolen, missing etc... I have seen them work firsthand and it was pretty impressive the amount of work they did to catch a husband/wife team basically putting their own labels atop someone's else, thus rerouting interesting looking packages to their home.
    once you go to a private company ( UPS, fedex) you are on your own. Which is why UPS is crazy about ontime deliveries. they need to build and maintain consumer confidence at all costs. After that, they have nothing. Fedex is not quite as zealous as UPS is when it comes to peoples packages. LOL, the post office couln't give a flying fuck... see union thread to understand more about our welfare program known as the United States Postal Service.

FedEx let some random dude who said he knew me sign for a Bushnell LRTSi about two years ago...even though it was a signature required by me.

Obviously I never saw it. Had to dispute charges with the supplier since FedEx wouldn't reimburse me. However I had done all of the legwork for the supplier already with the case number and investigator contact information.

Didn't feel bad about disputing charges either, that damn supplier ignored my emails for two weeks until they got the dispute...amazing how that works.

USPS stuck my $5K thermal in my in-laws mailbox since it was big enough to hold the package and signed "COVID" where I was supposed to sign. My in-laws live 2.2 miles down the road from me. Needless to say I shit my pants for a bit when I got my delivery notice until I happened to check their mailbox.

They still drop stuff off at the in-laws for me on a monthly basis, because their house is 1/4 mile off the highway and mine is 1 mile.

500rds of FGMM on a doorstep with my last name spelled incorrectly and with a first initial letter that doesn’t exist in my name anywhere on the signature receipt.

They would have done the same with my AXSR 308 bolt and spare firing pin assembly if I didn’t reroute it to a customer service center.

Fuckin assholes.

I always try to reroute stuff to customer service or authorized pick up locations the day after it ships. I forget if it’s CVS or Walgreens that’s partnered with FedEx but I used to have my stuff rerouted to them, especially when I was buying a bunch of (now apparently outdated 😂) ATACRs. The cameras in there are good enough to keep the employees and FedEx delivery people accountable.

But yea, fuck all of them. …and especially fuck everyone using covid as an excuse to not do the bare minimum of their job requirements.

Pretty much all the delivery services are all about running the workers ragged so they can extract the maximum value for executive bonuses.
    Most all the carriers made deals with the devil to Amazon and eBay that essentially mean they are charging the big giants less than it usually costs to deliver and trying to make it up by hiking rates on the small businesses and running their workers ragged to the point of breaking.

The average delivery person is being worked way too hard, way too long and under way too much pressure.
    Anything that delays the deliveries is something that counts against their metrics so yep all the shortcuts are pushed from the top down.

Drivers hate the world, hate their bosses, hate the company, hate most of the delivery stops so they are happy to fudge it to not have to deal with "special needs" when it comes to delivery, since that slows their metrics down and they get blamed for it.
    Local distribution hubs have the wink and nod to falsify delivery attempts so as to improve metrics.
    CEOs and Executives are happy because their bonuses grow bigger as "packages delivered on time" metrics improve on paper.

In the end the folks getting totally screwed are the small business and sellers that essentially have to shoulder the cost of all the above and eat crap from everyone, from the "customers" to their suppliers, to shipping companies, to the payment processors, to the "marketplaces" and such. At every single step the small business owner gets screwed over from time to time and has to figure out how to roll all that screwing over into price hikes or quality / specification cuts, enough to stay in business.

Now you may ask, well why don't they just the deliveries exactly as they are supposed to.. well here is how it goes:

Let's say "Buyer" works all day, lives in a safe neighbourhood.
    Now what happens if they order something from a vendor and the vendor sends it a service that has to be signed for by the "buyer", and only the "buyer" and they have to see the "buyer's" government ID, at the billing address only, and note the information down for delivery and the shipper actually does it?

First your shipping charges would have to cover the cost of probably several attempts to deliver it, assuming the "buyer" is not home all day. Then it has to cover sitting it in a shipping hub waiting for the "buyer" to come show ID during business hours to get the package.

Then it has to cover sending it back to the shipper because the "buyer" didn't get around to picking it up after a week, and got all pissy about having to go get it after 3 delivery attempts and told everyone to go F themselves, because the whole world should revolve around their "unique" schedule of only being home at a random time late at night.

And of course, the "buyer" will then be demanding the seller cover all that cost for free because whatever and who cares how much the seller is out for.
    Probably threaten them with credit card fraud as well since these days it seems "buyers" think that "protections" are a license to lie / cheat / steal, even though it was the "buyer's" fault it couldn't get delivered, well tough luck they are going to do a chargeback because they don't want to have to be out the shipping costs.

Oh and "Shipping is supposed to be free right?"

(In case you think that's made up, it's something I deal with often in my line of work).

So the business and the carriers know the above scenario as it has played out numerous times and gets really old and you all learn to hate the world and "buyers". So you have an unspoken, unchallenged understanding, that the delivery drivers just fudge it, it's kind of the only way to go, the least horrible of horrible situations.

But don't worry as folks blather on about "I'll just order from Amazon next time", Dr. Evil laughs from his new volcano lair as he has the wage slaves beaten harder and looks forward to the day all the small guys have been driven out of business and he can charge anything he wants and decide if products will be sold or not because everybody else is out of business. Oh that gun stuff... sorry "private company" can do what I like, so you are SOL

All that to say, deliveries are not going to get any better, if anything expect them to get WAY worse, especially the residential package deliveries which no carrier really likes.

If you want better deliveries as a business, make the drivers look forward to delivering to you.
    At our company, our deliveries and pickups improved dramatically once word got around to all the drivers that we had a free open snack bar, cold bottled water, coffee and bathrooms that they could use anytime they stopped by. Totally worth it.
    Of course we are still at the mercy of all the hubs and all the other B.S. and things get delayed and customers get mad, but at least the first and last bit of the journey are a lot more reliable.

Reactions: M8541Reaper
    20 years ago we used FedEx and only FedEx to ship service critical optical telecom RMAs because “when it really needs to be there” and they really were very good at this.

Now they are are total POS and the last shipper I would use for ground shipments (they prob still do good w overnight letter flats).

Sad to see a once fine company in such decline.

But fuck them, they earned their current rotten rep, IMO.

20 years ago we used FedEx and only FedEx to ship service critical optical telecom RMAs because “when it really needs to be there” and they really were very good at this.

Now they are are total POS and the last shipper I would use for ground shipments (they prob still do good w overnight letter flats).

Sad to see a once fine company in such decline.

But fuck them, they earned their current rotten rep, IMO.
    Nope, not even good with overnight letters anymore lol. I overnight shipped some tax stuff to the IRS and it was lost for a week "due to weather." Meanwhile the inaccurate tracking info showed it about 50 miles away. I told them I wanted to go pick it up and ship it with someone else. Customer service told me it was there and I was able to go get it. I show up and they tell me it's in a different state and had been for days lol. I call there customer service and it's all India and absolutely nothing you can do about anything. Total joke of a company lol.

Reactions: Baron23
    Tennessee would be a lot further along in our firearms rights if not for FedEx (and state legislators being terrified of having FedEx back their opponent).

Reactions: W54/XM-388
    I had to ship a rifle last year.

I found it it's a complete clusterfuck trying to ship out a rifle. UPS and FedEx stores treated a firearm as if it was a WMD, and would direct me to their hazardous shipping departments or hubs. The hazardous shipping departments were beyond useless, and the hubs weren't interested in shipping as well.

It's beyond frustrating. No one seemed to know the actual rules and policies in their company in regards to shipping a firearm, and no one at these companies was interested in helping. I ended up just having my FFL send it out.

Reactions: SniperBro
    I had to ship a shotgun back to the factory for warranty repair last year. Factory supplied shipping label. I boxed the shotgun in a non-firearms looking box. Affixed the label. Dropped it at the FedEx hub. Was not asked “what’s in the box?” A few weeks later, the shotgun arrived at my door. This doesn’t help with the current situation, if the policies have changed.

Come to think of it, I’ve never been asked “what’s in the box?” Beyond the USPS boiler plate “fragile, flammable, hazardous, etc…”

Are people rolling up to ship centers with rifles and saying “please pack and ship?”

Shipping sucks period. Jump through hoop of fire to send a gun, when the losers can’t even keep track of small I expensive packages.

My company occasionally ships out small area rugs. They roll up, and we ship them in a tube that measures 90 inches x 7.5 inch in diameter. Flattened out they might be 9 inches wide by 3 inches high. The sleeve has a 24 inch circumference - so two times height plus width can't exceed 24! Simple math.

UPS "Audited" a recent shipment and where we said 90 x 7.5 x 7.5, for one they remeasured and said 91 x 9 x 7. Ok, wrong, but I'll accept that. Another rug - same shipment, same ship-to address - they said 90 x 32 x 7. It couldn't be 32 x 7 if they took it out of the sleeve and laid it out flat! Added $1,180 in "oversize" surcharges to a $20 shipment. Still can't get them to adjust it. I'd switch to FedEx but we switched to UPS when FedEx screwed us two years ago on something similar.

Me too. I was supposed to receive a newly re-barreled action and extra barrel Tuesday. Then it was supposed to get here yesterday. Yesterday it it kind of disappeared from the system. Now it is showing as being a couple hours north of me, no estimated delivery date.

That is not my worst experience with FedEx. Last year I sent a pistol in for some work. When it came back, I had delivery notices 3 days in a row, with no delivery. Then It disappeared for a couple days and they could not locate it. I filed a claim, and then a couple of days later, without any delivery notice, the local delivery guy drops it on my front step. He didn't even ring the doorbell, let alone get the required adult signature.

I have had some problems with all of the carriers the last couple years, but for me FedEx is far and away the worst and most consistently and unreasonably bad.

I'm over 2 weeks into a overnight package with UPS. And my dad's Chemo drugs are stuck at the hub that was supposed to be delivered Monday. So I agree they all suck.

However my local UPS driver is way better then the FedEx driver.

Reactions: SniperBro
    This "new" rule has been effect since 9-20-21. Not only are they allowing only FFL's to ship, per the regulation, you have to be an "approved" FFL. One dealer said FedEx told him he didn't ship enough to qualify as an approved dealer.

This means you cant ship machine guns with them, UPS won't ship machine guns, and you can only ship USPS if it is not concealable.

Page 125:

"Firearms Only customers holding a Federal Firearms License (FFL) and federal, state, or local government agencies may ship firearms with FedEx. Customers holding an FFL must enter into an approved FedEx Firearms Shipping Compliance Agreement before shipping any firearms with FedEx. For more information, contact your FedEx account executive. On behalf of customers holding an FFL who enter into an approved FedEx Firearms Shipping Compliance Agreement and federal, state, or local government agencies, FedEx Express will transport and deliver firearms, antique firearms, and replica firearms, all as defined by the United States Gun Control Act of 1968, as well as muzzleloaders and black powder firearms (collectively “firearms”)"

So I have never shipped anything via FedEx unless it was a prepaid label RMA or something. UPS has treated me well shipping various rifles (most recently my AI to GCP as well) with no hassle at all. But I about shit a brick with UPS a couple weeks ago on a ZCO I bought on here. The seller verbally told the gal at the counter my address which she entered wrong. Luckily the address did not exist so they couldn't deliver it, so I called them, paid 8 dollars to have them hold it at the hub in town thankfully and picked it up Christmas Eve. Such a sigh of relief when I picked it up as I was almost out 4K 😔

you know even if they could see this they would still fuck with you lol on purpose just cause they know you will use there service again and again your screwed , feel better?

Reactions: ReneM