• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Horus, IOR or Burris 1-4X? still looking for help!

K_4c

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Oct 13, 2008
    Nebraska
    I'm looking at 1-4x30mm for my RRA coyote 20". They are the Horus "talon" or burris "xtr" 1-4 and the 4x24 M2 IOR/Valdada Tactical Rifle Scope, .223 Caliber - with CQB reticle. I really want a reticle that offers some sort of BDC that will offer holds at extended ranges (400 to 500 meters). Any first hand knowlegde with these scopes (or any like it) would be great to hear.

My second question/request.... Can anybody shoot me a ballistic chart that uses federal 55gr FMJ/ or perhaps an example of your current cheat sheets. It would be great to see if my charts are on par with others dope....

Thanks for any advice given,

Kinnamon

Re: Horus, IOR or Burris 1-4X? still looking for help!

anybody???

I've got the Burris, and I'm very pleased with it.....clear, the reticle seems to make sense......the big donut is fast at close range.

I've only shot the BDC out to 200 yards, but it was spot on.

It does seem to be true 1x. I'd buy another
    cool.gif

Have run several different low power variables for 3-gun and yote hunting. Tried a Burris and didn't like the reticle, a bit thick for me. Used a Horus for a couple years and got along fine, takes a while to get used to the reticle as well, but very usable. Have looked through the IOR but never used one in comps. The one I looked through was a little fuzzy around the edges and as I recall the eye relief was not to my liking.

Have been using a Meopta 1-4 K-Dot for 3 years in three gun, probably not enough reticle for your needs but good to 400 yd. Just started using a USO SN4 1.5-6 for matches with some distance shots, think it would fit your needs.

If you plan to shoot 400 to 500 meters might find a better bullet than 55gr. FMJ, at least a ballistic tip 55 or go to a 69 SMK.

Horus warranty only good for one year to original purchaser.
    One of my friend had one that would not track and they told him to pound sand. I'd rather go Burris or IOR.