• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Let's see your Armor / Reloading toolbox

Balor

Private
Minuteman
Sep 12, 2013
Florida
Hi fellow SH'ers. I was thinking (I know we need more of that with what we do) maybe we can help each other out with ideas and or tools we have in our armor and reloading tool boxes or even tools on the wall. I myself need more tools and ways to store them so show them please.

I have a peg board with my normal specially wrenches between my bench vises.

Magnetic strip with t-handle Allen wrenches on the front of the bench. Few common punches get stuck there too.

Other stuff gets spread between drawers in the snap-on box. All the normal wrenches, sockets, etc are in the box also since I'm wrenching on trucks, bikes, sleds, and whatever else in the garage also.

My bench is all 2x4, built like a tree. Doesn't move at all.

I've also got a computer with a few monitors for pulling up diagrams and keeping track of parts. Always comes in handy even if it's just for tunes.

Reactions: Balor
My reloading bench is also a general purpose workbench for me, so it's got a few items on and around it.

The pegboard on the back of the bench is where I hang commonly used tools like adjustable crescent wrenches, mallets, and 3 sets of allen wrenches ( one each of imperial, metric, and torx). I've also got a full set of phillips and flathead screwdrivers hanging on the pegboard in a rack they came in, including tiny or stubby ones all the way up to giant ones I've yet to find a use for besides as a pry bar (but still have just in case).

The drawer of the bench contains all my dies and components, and the shelf on top of the pegboard is where I put my jugs of powder.

On the bench itself I've got a Prometheus and a Co-Ax for the reloading on the right side of the bench, and then a microscope off on the left side of the bench for use when soldering components that are too small to comfortably manage otherwise.

Directly next to the bench is where my full toolbox sits. It's just a simple little Craftsman box that's meant to sit on top of a rolling cabinet, but I don't have enough tools to justify a full cabinet. It's got my socket wrenches, socket sets (both 6 and 12 point for 1/4, 3/8, and 1/2 inch drives), crescent wrenches, and ratcheting crescent wrenches alongside other odds and ends like cheater bars. These all came in a bundle together with thick cutout and labeled foam sheets for everything, so I just cut down the foam sheets to fit properly in my toolbox and use those so that everything stays organized nicely.

I've got two workbenches with ball bearing drawers and 1-1/2" thick tops. Bought them years ago. Also have a couple of steel storage cabinets that are full of brass, bullets and related crap. Never intended for it to get this far.

I finely have some pictures with my bench, this is why I am looking for ideas.
WB 1.JPGWB 2.JPG

Take everything off the bench that is not directly related to reloading and put it in a tool box. Have a second tool box (or drawer in the first tool box) to store tools that are specifically used to maintain reloading equipment.

Whatever bench you are reloading on needs to be clear of all but essential items.

Just pull out the ole credit card and shop at https://inlinefabrication.com/ A lot of ideas there. I also have a Hornady LNL AP...but I find myself using the RCBS IV more and more. I used to find reloading a chore...but I've rekindled my love of precision reloading.

However, when it comes to pistol rounds and I need to do 1k+ of each caliber...yep...throw in the case feeder, load the bullet feeder up...top off the powder and primers and just go to town... LNL is a great press when you need to pump out a lot of pistol....for 5.56 or .308....I'd rather do it on a single stage...yep...even 5.56...I simply don't let it build up enough to be a bother.

Look on Craigslist to find Kennedy machinist's tool chests and roll-aways. Those are high quality and will retain their value indefinitely if you don't over pay. Perfect for storing precision tools.

A hanging bin system will let you organize components at different stages of reloading.

Add some shelving or cabinets for components and gun parts that won't fit in the Kennedy.

Lastly, get a bench to mount your press on that is as stable as possible.