• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Let's show some respect...for 6.5 Creedmoor shooters

johnnycat

Average on my best day
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 2, 2011
U.S.A.
I see a lot of insults towards guys shooting 6.5 Creedmoor starting here. You know - shooters that like to call the 6.5 Creedmoor a "6-5 creed", or those that don't even know how to spell "creedmoor".

We have at least one good member here who shoots a 6.5 Creedmoor, and I'll bet in a group as large as this there are a lot more.

Lowlight said the 6.5 Creedmoor has less drop and better performance with wind than .308. He also said that Maser is still here only because he hasn't sent nude pictures of his baby-momma.

So please watch your words.

Johnnycat out.

BTW, this isnt my coming out party. I'm still convinced that the 260 Remington is the master race.

F465A053-3C08-4855-BFB6-910B7597A1B6.jpeg

Lowlight said the 6.5 Creedmoor has less drop and better performance with wind than .308.
This is true. But, whether or not it's the "master race" cartridge can depend on other factors. I definitely wouldn't use it for a bug-out gun for obvious reasons.

Reactions: HiDesertELR
Hypothetically speaking...

What does it mean if one has a 6.5 but much prefers 3006?

🤔🤔

Hypothetically speaking...

What does it mean if one has a 6.5 but much prefers 3006?

🤔🤔
There is hope.

Good news is, as long as its a custom action or a tikka, those things are selling like hotcakes over on metroshooter.com.....or here.

Bonus: If you include 100 rounds of ELD-M you can jack up the price another $500!

nothing wrong with making it easier with 6.5CM.

heck, women's basketball would be terrible if they had to use a regular sized basketball and they wouldn't make many shots.

Well, as a newbie, I started with 6.5 creedmore (er... creedmoor) last year and have been learning to shoot out to 1000 yds. I qm not embarrassed and enjoy the banter as much as those who try to shoot Limited with 9mm.
This is all quite good fun and I am not apologetic when I say I am enjoying myself. Now scopes... That is turning out to be a bit of a debate.

Reactions: Baron23
Thank you for the plea for compassion. I have been quietly slinking to the far end bench at my local range in shame. It is a charade concealing the box of rounds in my range bag for discreet loading and avoiding conversation with the fellows at my club as I am not ready to come out yet.
Do you offer any advice, on how to clear the air and become one of the gang? I think the RPR is also causing murmurs and mocking gaiety behind my back.

I have a 6.5 creedmoor but I only shoot it when I know my friends won't be at the range. The rest of the time it sits in the back of my utility room behind a rolled up carpet remnant and 2 brooms. I figure no one would ever look there.

my 6.5cm barrel is beautifully color matched elite sand, but I may paint it pink for the memes 🤷🏻‍♂️

Reactions: Baron23
How dare a company designs new cartridge that utilizes high BC bullets and lobs them at usable speeds! How gay!

6.5cm will replace 3ohHate as the fudd deer rifle change my mind. You can kill an elk at 1k!

to be fair, 6.5cm is the easy button to getting into a rifle that can start pushing the distances out further with ammo you can buy at Academy.

260rem nosler ammo was priced at 40 bucks a box at my local scheels. Everything else from nosler is through the roof. Goes to show they practically have to give it away, and even then, it’s still sitting on the shelf, dustier than pelosi’s snatch.

260rem nosler ammo was priced at 40 bucks a box at my local scheels. Everything else from nosler is through the roof. Goes to show they practically have to give it away, and even then, it’s still sitting on the shelf, dustier than pelosi’s snatch.
I’ve seen hornady 260 rem with the 130 ELD in a couple different places and it hasn’t moved at all.

I have no need for factory ammo though.

Reactions: johnnycat
I don’t even have a Harris bipod for my savage 308. I’ve secretly been reading about this mythical 6.5 creedmore. Should be able to get out to 1000 with my barska scope.
I need a enabler that can keep things on the down low. I’m ready to experiment but I don’t know if I’m even in the closet yet.
Please include pics in a pm and put .260 rem in the title so I know to open in private.

Reactions: Boltyboi
I bought a factory Bergara in 6.5 Creedmoor because it was readily available and cheap. Shoots way better than it should.

Then I built a 243ai because I love cooking steel.

I bought a factory Bergara in 6.5 Creedmoor because it was readily available and cheap. Shoots way better than it should.

Then I built a 243ai because I love cooking steel.
See they even made the 6 creed for that also. Creedmoor everything!

I must admit, having a 6.5 Creedmoor is, well enlightening! I used to listen to Five Finger Death Punch, but I've started leaning towards Elton John and Queen. I guess next will be my wardrobe. :ROFLMAO: