• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

looking for open public shooting Loveland Colorado

REM700FSTF

Private
Minuteman
Jun 20, 2012
Freeport IL
i know this isnt really the best place to post but i couldnt find anywhere else but anyways.Im going to Colorado in a few months and i want to do some long range shooting so im looking for some open public shooting land to shoot on near loveland Co please help me out

Re: looking for open public shooting Loveland Colorado

I don't know about Colorado or your timing.

I'll throw this out just for kicks. If you're coming from Ill and drive out I-90 then down US85/I25 to Loveland you'll pass throught Newcastle WY.

We have an abandomed gravel pit on BLM land that we use to shoot 2000 yards or better.

So if you plan on shooting and want to shoot on either end of your trip, this would work. I-90 instead of I 80 wouldn't be that much different time or milage wise.

The Pawnee Grassland is only about 20 minutes outside of Loveland.

Pawnee is your best bet, if you can get there during a weekday, it will be better. Here are the directions and geo location.

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3043319

There are spots to shoot as soon as you turn into the grasslands, but those are for shotgun, 22lr and pistol. Go to the back ( I have plotted out) and shoot long range. Most time the shooting is not restricted, just be careful for cattle, as they do roam around.

The US Forestry officers may stop by, just make sure not to shoot any steel tip, or tracers. They will hand you a pamphlet and then move on.