• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

M40a1 build guide

I just heard that u. s. optics is making another run of the mst 100 believe it or not. Those that still want one can call Becky and get on the list.

Pricing!

They should do it every three years and milk that cash cow.

During the last MST-100 cycle I believe when you called USO's business number more often than not Becky answered the phone. Check out the USO website and dial up their main line.

Reactions: deltawiskey
1F030B9B-8CA4-4414-8F33-31B1A36FDA8B.jpeg
26AF4C56-F832-4DCD-8C71-078FDCF84B20.jpeg

How important is it to get the correct serial number range on the receiver?

Thats your call.

Its just numbers, there is no manufacturing difference really.

You determine whether having a G Code (M40A3) would cause you the stress of not having an E Code, other or 6 Digit.

I have a PWS built gun but its a G prefix.

Im happy.

Any details on the beautiful lady?

Takeoff stock, hardware and bottom metal, CMP acquired Unertl, Hart M40 profile barrel, 2man rings and base, the action was one of the Remington M40 commemorative clip slotted actions, all in all really nice build by IBA in 2014-2015. Have the tenbraex polarizer and the kill flash was on the rifle in the pic. Hardest part was finding the Marbles brass cleaning rod and the armory fabricated issue spanner wrench. Was going to strip the paint off the stock, but its a piece of history with the layers of paint on there.

Last edited:
Reactions: deltawiskey
I have a 3000 series Mst-100 from the last run in the for sale section. New in box if your interested.

I had a rifle built by Mark Williams at Raven Rifles, @Raven 6

Though not an M40A1 it is M40/A1/A3/A5ish. Had it out yesterday at Sig Academy......

PB098313[1].jpg

PB098314[2].jpg

Some 100 yard 5 shot groups during sight in before we moved back to 1000.....

PB098309[1].jpg

PB098310[1].jpg

PB098312[1].jpg

Mark has studied the USMC details and according to those that know those details a lot better than me he gets it right.

You will have to wait, especially you will be in line behind me as he has all the parts needed to build me an M40 right now, but it will be worth the wait.

I had a rifle built by Mark Williams at Raven Rifles, @Raven 6

Though not an M40A1 it is M40/A1/A3/A5ish. Had it out yesterday at Sig Academy......

View attachment 6968906

View attachment 6968907

Some 100 yard 5 shot groups during sight in before we moved back to 1000.....

View attachment 6968908

View attachment 6968909

View attachment 6968910

Mark has studied the USMC details and according to those that know those details a lot better than me he gets it right.

You will have to wait, especially you will be in line behind me as he has all the parts needed to build me an M40 right now, but it will be worth the wait.

I luv it, but that scope is cheating. :)

Interesting topic, Im trying to do a cheap m40 clone myself, As far at the parts mentioned below, will they be compatible to build with or any extra gun-smithing that may be needed. Please correct me if i wrong, or made a mistake in my planned build. Thanks

- Bell & Carlson Tactical Medalist Style 4 M40 Long Range Remington 700™ BDL Short Action BBL stock. $271.99
- Remington 700 Police 5R .308 Win 24" Barreled Action ( with 40X trigger and pairs it with a 5R-rifled barrel in one package.) $569.00
-Wyatt's DetMag (M4) Flush Mount Detachable Magazine Assembly - Remington 700™ BDL Short Action $247.56
-weaver grand slam tactical rifle scope - 3-10x40mm mil dot reticle - $199.00

Thats's pretty what I have envisioned as of right now, it may change, it may not this is just a start.

Is this the link that shut down m40rifle.com?

That would be it. Someone posted the link, people commented, then the OP deleted the link and got his own thread locked, so someone called the mods out for locking the thread and then posted their own thread about the auction. It was quite entertaining until the forums went full lockdown.

That would be it. Someone posted the link, people commented, then the OP deleted the link and got his own thread locked, so someone called the mods out for locking the thread and then posted their own thread about the auction. It was quite entertaining until the forums went full lockdown.
I read the back and forth but did know what the link was.
I checked it out and no wonder they dont want more people knowing about it.

I read the back and forth but did know what the link was.
I checked it out and no wonder they dont want more people knowing about it.

I think the conclusion was that the rifle wasn't real but a reproduction using many real parts though.