• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Night Vision N-vision atlas 100mm info?

ghostinthewoods

Private
Minuteman
Apr 8, 2013
ut
I've watched videos and read reveiws but does anyone have personal experience with this brand? And think it's worth the money? Would be using to scout big game. or any other options yall would go with in the same class?

It has a SUPER narrow FoV. Ideal for PID at extreme range. Sucks as a detector/spotter because of ridonkulous magnification, but as a LONG range unit, it has few peers.

Totally awesome for what it is, but very narrow “mission envelope.”

Negatives are: Lacks nice OLED display (big negative, IMHO), and a number of user features present in the latest modern thermal spotters, like WiFi, video record, etc.

Reactions: Eliteuas
It has a SUPER narrow FoV. Ideal for PID at extreme range. Sucks as a detector/spotter because of ridonkulous magnification, but as a LONG range unit, it has few peers.

Totally awesome for what it is, but very narrow “mission envelope.”

Negatives are: Lacks nice OLED display (big negative, IMHO), and a number of user features present in the latest modern thermal spotters, like WiFi, video record, etc.
It would be used in open country for longer ranges so shitty fov shouldn't be an issue. What are some of my other options in that class? I'd like to keep the magnification up at least in the 6x range. Others that have the negatives you mention?

Reactions: TheHorta
As far as a scanner, the new kid on the block is the Bering Phenom. Might be worth a look if scanning in Big Sky Country and it has a few features missing in the Atlas.

Reactions: ghostinthewoods