• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Need help choosing a new scope

jp0284

Private
Minuteman
Mar 11, 2020
Austin, TX
Well I have 3 different scopes in mind so far at different price points. Primary usage is paper and steel shooting. Ultimately a shtf build really.

Rifle is a scar 20s in .308 1:10 twist
Cgs hyperion qd supressor (in jail currently)
Ammo at home is Fed GMM 175 smk
Mount would a sphur unit to match the choice.

1. Nightforce 4-20x50 mil-xt
2. Kahles 3.5-18x50 skmr3
3. Zero Compromise 4-20x50 mpct2

I know I can't go wrong with any of these options I figured it would be nice to ask the folks that get to tinker with all the best optics. I am still learning longer range shooting as well and want a nice long term investment.

Regards,

J

Last edited:
That ZC sure is nice but for me and for that rifle I would be looking one of the 1-10 lpvo or even the S&B 1-8. Great shtf optic and you don't need more than 8x to engage man size targets to over 600.

ZCO is an easy choice of those imo. Go somewhere where you and look through them all. I did and while they all are quite nice, the zco was a clear winner to my eyes.

I have previously looked through kahles and NF glass. However no one local sells zco but I've read enough to hear that it's above both in terms of quality. Truthfully the NF is the most comfortable budget wise and zco the most pricey.

More of a Kahles guy myself. I know they come with a price, but I do know you can often find them used in the classifieds or GB.