• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors ***NEW*** Dead Air Nomad-LT (Titanium)

For some reason I thought you already were habitual member

XDWTGBc.jpg

They are about to release another tier iirc. Need 10 cans from what I remember.

I don't think I'll be reaching that tier.
Nah, just stuck at Tier 2 right now with only 4 DA cans…Until I get my 5th. 😐

Would have already been there had SS not been sold out of Ghost-M cans for months when I bought my pistol can, and I had to get a Rugged Obsidian 45 instead. 👍🏼

Reactions: Clayman
But i can't complain... The Obsidian 45 is an awesome pistol can, so... 🤷🏼

Just means that someday I get to add a Nomad-30 to my collection, unless DA comes out with something new and cool I feel I need.

I’ve been eyeing this can sooo hard lately. Not sure if the dominus or the nomad Ti/LT is the right choice for my .308.

I’ve been eyeing this can sooo hard lately. Not sure if the dominus or the nomad Ti/LT is the right choice for my .308.
Nomad-LT is noticeably quieter than the Dominus, according to TBAC Ray's independent tests... Just saying... 😏

You won't regret the Nomad-LT. Plus the HUB threads allowing you to run whatever mounting system you want is what sold me over the TBAC. Haven't regretted my choice not one time.

Nomad-LT is noticeably quieter than the Dominus, according to TBAC Ray's independent tests... Just saying... 😏

You won't regret the Nomad-LT. Plus the HUB threads allowing you to run whatever mounting system you want is what sold me over the TBAC. Haven't regretted my choice not one time.
I have a kymo brake on it now and thought about going that route but will probably just DT it.

I have a kymo brake on it now and thought about going that route but will probably just DT it.
I run KeyMo and a Dead Air thermal wrap, and it's not much more weight than a standard Nomad-L with no wrap and a DT adapter. And that KeyMo setup is heavy...About 8 oz. by itself.

IMG_5491.jpg

Yea I run the micro on my Wolfman on the pcc. It’s a thicc little unit so I can only imagine what the full size is like. Knowing me I’ll get stuff for both and play with it.

Yea I run the micro on my Wolfman on the pcc. It’s a thicc little unit so I can only imagine what the full size is like. Knowing me I’ll get stuff for both and play with it.
You could always go Xeno... I heard they're making a Xeno brake like the KeyMo, but the Xeno unit is REALLY light compared to the KeyMo.

Personally, I like the KeyMo. The extra weight doesn't really bother me since the can is already so light.

Reactions: Mini 762

Yeah, but the Magnus would be a more comparable can to the Nomad LT than the Dominus. Only .5" difference in length between Magnus and the Nomad LT but the Dominus is a 6.25" can.

Reactions: Shane C.
Yeah, but the Magnus would be a more comparable can to the Nomad LT than the Dominus. Only .5" difference in length between Magnus and the Nomad LT but the Dominus is a 6.25" can.
Yeah, I agree, but I also wasn't the one who mentioned the Domninus being part of the comparison... @Mini 762 did...

Also, by the time you get a S/N from TBAC while waiting on production, submit your paperwork, and the can actually ships to your dealer, the Magnus will be about 2 years before it hits your hands. You can buy a Nomad-LT today, eForm it, and hopefully have it in less than 4 months, since the ATF claims 90 days on eForm 4s. 👍🏼

Yeah, I agree, but I also wasn't the one who mentioned the Domninus being part of the comparison... @Mini 762 did...

Also, by the time you get a S/N from TBAC while waiting on production, submit your paperwork, and the can actually ships to your dealer, the Magnus will be about 2 years before it hits your hands. You can buy a Nomad-LT today, eForm it, and hopefully have it in less than 4 months, since the ATF claims 90 days on eForm 4s. 👍🏼
I was quoted around April/May time-frame for my Magnus to be done and if e-form is working correctly I should have my Magnus before the end of the year. So maybe a 3 or 4 at the most month difference. Mehhh not a big deal deal for me. TBAC has much improved their wait times. My Dominus was ordered in November and was ready to ship in January.

I was quoted around April/May time-frame for my Magnus to be done and if e-form is working correctly I should have my Magnus before the end of the year. So maybe a 3 or 4 at the most month difference. Mehhh not a big deal deal for me. TBAC has much improved their wait times. My Dominus was ordered in November and was ready to ship in January.
That's good to know. They used to be like a year out. Especially during all the runs when everyone gets scared and starts buying up all the cans, as if the government is going to make a highly-regulated NFA item disappear. That's a damn cash-cow for them! They wouldn't do that, that's $200 a pop in free stolen money simply to sit on some paperwork for a while, and then run 1 background check, slap a stamp on it, and sign & date it. It's even LESS work now that eForms are up and running. 🙄

New video is up comparing the Dead Air Nomad-LT with the new Otter Creek Labs Hydrogen-L on my 16" .300 BLK with my 220 subsonic handloads...

Got any pics of the LT and Hydrogen L standing side by side?

Got any pics of the LT and Hydrogen L standing side by side?
Not without the thermal wrap on the LT. I put it on when it was brand new, and it's a bitch to remove and get it tight again. So I keep it on there.

But specs are simple to tell you the difference... The Nomad-LT is 8.5" long and 1.735" OD. The Hydrogen-L is 9" long and 1.625" OD. So, this Hydro-L is 0.5" longer, but 0.110" narrower. It comes out to pretty much equal volume. Performance wise is pretty much a wash, too. They're both amazing, and both are pretty much equal in volume. I highly recommend both cans. The Hydrogen-L will be my main hunting can with the new Otter Creek ZR0-DTA direct-thread mount that is also solid Ti and weighs virtually nothing, and adds no length to the suppressor.

Hydrogen-L is in the middle, Nomad-LT is on the right.

IMG_9819.jpeg

Thanks, man. I thought the Hydrogen L was 9" without the thread mount, but like 9.4" with it. Whereas the LT is 8.4" with the thread mount. So wouldn't the HL be 1" longer if apples to apples? Or is the LT 8.4" WITHOUT the thread mount?

Thanks, man. I thought the Hydrogen L was 9" without the thread mount, but like 9.4" with it. Whereas the LT is 8.4" with the thread mount. So wouldn't the HL be 1" longer if apples to apples? Or is the LT 8.4" WITHOUT the thread mount?
No, both are measured WITHOUT the mount. So the Hydrogen-L is a total of 0.60" longer than the Nomad-LT.

As for added length, that depends on the mount/mounting system that you use. The Otter Creek ZR0-DTA adds no length to the suppressor, other than maybe like 1/16" for the flange.

Nomad-LT

Screen Shot 2022-07-25 at 2.01.31 PM.png

Hydrogen-L

Screen Shot 2022-07-25 at 2.04.05 PM.png

It sounded like the LT was a little less sharp in volume and tone than the OC cans.

It sounded like the LT was a little less sharp in volume and tone than the OC cans.
The Nomad-LT has slightly more volume internally, because it's 1.735" O.D., whereas the OCL Hydro cans are 1.625" O.D.

BUT... The OCL Hydrogen-L (9" long) is a 1/2" longer than the Nomad-LT (8.5" long), so it might actually equal itself out in volume? Anyone want to extrapolate the math, feel free. I'm not a mathematician.

And the Hydro-S is only 7" in length, and has 9 baffles, so it's shorter and has 4 less baffles than the Nomad-LT and Hydrogen-L. Ironically though, despite the shorter length and fewer baffles, on the .308 Win and smaller cartridges it doesn't give up a whole lot of DB to the longer L cans. I guess case capacity vs. internal volume of the cans, the 7" cans are the perfect volume to properly suppress short-action and mini-action (AR-15 designed), and subsonic cartridges at hearing-safe levels. But, once you step-up into long-action cartridges like .270 Win, .280 Rem, .30-06 and magnum cartridges, you will want the extra volume and baffles of the L cans to really tame those down to a safe and comfortable volume. My 22.5" 7mm RemMag with the Hydrogen-L and Nomad-LT on the end, is hearing safe, and damn-sure hunting quiet.

New video comparing my Dead Air Sandman-S & Nomad-LT with my Otter Creek Labs Hydrogen-S on my new 10" .300 BLK build. I'm using a non-magnified EOTech 512 with the A65 "donut of death" reticle to holdover and hit a 10" steel gong at 200 yards.

Last edited:
Due to the ATF screwing everyone with eForms right now, pushing them WAAAAY beyond the original 90 day [typical empty government] promise… My new Otter Creek Labs Hydrogen-L, which is going to be my dedicated hunting rifle can, looks like it will be quite a while before It gets approved. Probably after deer season, knowing my luck. 🙄

So… I decided to snatch the heavy KeyMo setup off my Nomad-LT, and put my spare ultralight Otter Creek ZR0-DTA titanium DT mount on it, and I’ll probably end up using it this season.

Looks pretty good on the new Ridgeline .280 Ackley… Pretty damn lightweight, too. Definitely packable. OAL with the 24” barrel is 52” from the floor to the end of the can, so it’s a longboi for sure…. But if you needed to, you could just wait to screw the can on once you’re in the stand. The OCL ZR0-DTA mount only adds 1/16” to the length of your suppressor, just enough to have a thick enough flange to mount securely and strongly to the back of the can, and recesses the barrel threads up inside the blast chamber for virtually zero extra length.

1D3D6CE1-DD1F-40DE-91A7-FDEADE535DC0.jpeg
73CB8632-628A-4AD2-BA9C-8C5E6913575A.jpeg
C9ECF218-DD0B-4EF2-9DFD-06C6A3EA75C3.jpeg
9D43D47C-B65A-47FF-BE02-1130CAE36C81.jpeg

Due to the ATF screwing everyone with eForms right now, pushing them WAAAAY beyond the original 90 day [typical empty government] promise… My new Otter Creek Labs Hydrogen-L, which is going to be my dedicated hunting rifle can, looks like it will be quite a while before It gets approved. Probably after deer season, knowing my luck. 🙄

So… I decided to snatch the heavy KeyMo setup off my Nomad-LT, and put my spare ultralight Otter Creek ZR0-DTA titanium DT mount on it, and I’ll probably end up using it this season.

Looks pretty good on the new Ridgeline .280 Ackley… Pretty damn lightweight, too. Definitely packable. OAL with the 24” barrel is 52” from the floor to the end of the can, so it’s a longboi for sure…. But if you needed to, you could just wait to screw the can on once you’re in the stand. The OCL ZR0-DTA mount only adds 1/16” to the length of your suppressor, just enough to have a thick enough flange to mount securely and strongly to the back of the can, and recesses the barrel threads up inside the blast chamber for virtually zero extra length.

I'm being a bit pedantic here but there was never a promise of 90 day approvals. It was a goal they wanted to reach after some ramp up time.

Shot 25 more rounds, and a 3-shot group today with the Nomad-LT on there. POI shift from my previous zero with the Hydro-L and ZR0-DTA, and my Nomad-LT with a ZR0-DTA, was only 0.3 MILs low, and dead-on left & right. So, not bad at all. Kind of impressive, actually.

Here’s the group.

04E2CCE5-E2CB-409E-82BE-42667490BE6C.jpeg

New video is up comparing the Dead Air Nomad-LT and the Otter Creek Labs Hydrogen-L on my new Christensen Arms Ridgeline .280 Ackley Improved.

Alright, my Zeiss came in for my new 20” Ridgeline FFT 7mm-08 Rem. Now she’s ready to zero, and do some load development with the Berger 175 Elite Hunters.

With the boresighted zero (estimate), and the 20MOA base, I still get 66 MOA of elevation available. And if I can average 2500 FPS MV, that will be enough to dial to 1,475 yards, and still have the entire reticle available. 👍🏼

F31E5046-5DCB-4CFE-94DD-9A73FC730991.jpeg
E6EB812F-BCBE-401C-88BA-B1743F52A89F.jpeg
CF401EF7-BBEC-4905-A902-AFB17969463D.jpeg
CD684F66-8872-457D-9F4A-C4E0F57DAA03.jpeg

Testing today confirmed load and chrono results from yesterday, and proved it is a very temp stable load. The weather was much warmer today. Compared to yesterday’s results, my average MV was within 5 FPS, SD was within 3 FPS, and the groups held true. So, if I do my part, it’s definitely more accurate than me. 😏👍🏼

92AB7E5B-426C-4874-8FFE-4E4463AEDAEE.jpeg
269A60BA-4EF2-4CAB-866B-6E869D2BC52A.jpeg

Last edited:
Upgraded from the brand new Zeiss V4 on my 20” CA Ridgeline FFT 7mm-08 that I just installed a couple months ago. Decided to put a Kahles K318i CCW RSW SKMR3 in a set of 1.00” 34mm ARC M-BRACE rings. It’s about 8 oz. heavier, but it was already so light, it didn’t affect anything. 👍🏼

Forgot to mention my Nomad-LT is hanging off the end. That’s my hunting can for that rifle. Sounds amazing on the 7mm-08, very quiet.

IMG_7584.jpeg
IMG_7585.jpeg
IMG_7590.jpeg
IMG_7587.jpeg
IMG_7589.jpeg

Last edited:
That's a nice gun. I'd be interested to hear the difference between this can and a Magnus
Thanks. It’s my ultralight deer rifle. Surprisingly accurate, too, at 1/4-1/3 MOA with handloads.

Well, I also happen to have a brand new Magnus HUB sitting at my SOT waiting on approval. I haven’t shot through it yet, but i plan on it this upcoming weekend. 👍🏼

Reactions: reubenski
New video is up with the 16" Christensen Arms MPR .308 Win. comparing my Dead Air Nomad-LT & my new ThunderBeast (TBAC) Magnus-HUB suppressor.

I couldn't tell a difference on video. What's your subjective opinion after having shot them side by side?

I couldn't tell a difference on video. What's your subjective opinion after having shot them side by side?
Honestly, my subjective opinion is the same as yours... I have 3 of the quietest 3 cal. cans on the market, and they all 3 sounds so close that I don't think the human ear could audibly determine a difference between them. Those 3 cans are the TBAC Magnus-HUB, Dead Air Nomad-LT, and the Otter Creek Labs Hydrogen-L 7.62. Any of those 3 should make the purchaser happy.

Also, I have produced no discernible accuracy differences between the 3 different cans, either. They are all 3 precision-built cans.

If you're interested in more, subscribe to my youtube, and there will be more Magnus content in the future. I have a video coming up in the next month or so, with the Magnus and Nomad-LT on the same 16" MPR .308, but with subsonic ammo at 200 yards. You'll want to stay tuned for that one. 👍🏼

Watching your Hydrogen L vs Nomad LTi video for the .260, it seems the Nomad LTi had less recoil based on how much further back the scope/ring went with the Hydrogen L. You basically had it in the same positions so I was able to slowly watch how much it went back with each shot.

Reactions: FuhQ
Watching your Hydrogen L vs Nomad LTi video for the .260, it seems the Nomad LTi had less recoil based on how much further back the scope/ring went with the Hydrogen L. You basically had it in the same positions so I was able to slowly watch how much it went back with each shot.
Hey, thanks for watching! Feel free to subscribe and share the videos if you like them. YouTube keeps raping me on views and visibility due to it being firearms related content, so every little bit helps. 👍🏼 They've even been deleting legit views from my videos to keep me pushed down in the algorithm, so my visibility is virtually non-existent. 🤬

If it does show more recoil, it's such a small amount behind the gun, that you don't notice. I also could have been holding the rifle not as tightly into my shoulder on the 2nd set of shots (5 per can) using poor form, as I am beyond comfortable (I.E. - bored) shooting at 200 yards, so it's like most folks shooting at 50...Even with the .22LR. 😂

They both are amazing sounding cans. I really like my OCL cans...I'm currently up to 4 of them. Also, the Hydrogen-S 6.5mm is REALLY good sounding on a .260 Rem/6.5CM, and anything 6.5 or smaller. Sounds REALLY good on 6mm ARC, too. The smaller bore of the 6.5 can on a 6.5 rifle makes a noticeable difference over the standard 7.62 bore. For example, my Hydrogen-S 6.5mm is the same volume as my Hydrogen-L 7.62 on my .260 Rem. Just some info for you, incase you're looking at one for a 6.5mm bore (or smaller) rifle. 👍🏼

Reactions: metroplex
Hey, thanks for watching! Feel free to subscribe and share the videos if you like them. YouTube keeps raping me on views and visibility due to it being firearms related content, so every little bit helps. 👍🏼 They've even been deleting legit views from my videos to keep me pushed down in the algorithm, so my visibility is virtually non-existent. 🤬

If it does show more recoil, it's such a small amount behind the gun, that you don't notice. I also could have been holding the rifle not as tightly into my shoulder on the 2nd set of shots (5 per can) using poor form, as I am beyond comfortable (I.E. - bored) shooting at 200 yards, so it's like most folks shooting at 50...Even with the .22LR. 😂

They both are amazing sounding cans. I really like my OCL cans...I'm currently up to 4 of them. Also, the Hydrogen-S 6.5mm is REALLY good sounding on a .260 Rem/6.5CM, and anything 6.5 or smaller. Sounds REALLY good on 6mm ARC, too. The smaller bore of the 6.5 can on a 6.5 rifle makes a noticeable difference over the standard 7.62 bore. For example, my Hydrogen-S 6.5mm is the same volume as my Hydrogen-L 7.62 on my .260 Rem. Just some info for you, incase you're looking at one for a 6.5mm bore (or smaller) rifle. 👍🏼

Thanks! I've been looking for a can to cut down the concussion and recoil for my 300 Win Mag bolt gun which is a lightweight rifle at about 7 lb, but also has to not have as much POI shift or dispersion. So I was curious about the Hydrogen L vs Nomad LTi from the video even though the calibers are a bit different.

Thanks! I've been looking for a can to cut down the concussion and recoil for my 300 Win Mag bolt gun which is a lightweight rifle at about 7 lb, but also has to not have as much POI shift or dispersion. So I was curious about the Hydrogen L vs Nomad LTi from the video even though the calibers are a bit different.
All 3 of my big .30 cans (Nomad-LT, Hydrogen-L, & Magnus-HUB) cut recoil SIGNIFICANTLY! And they start working even harder, the harder they are pushed. It's crazy how that works. The more blast and recoil the rifle has, the less it has once you put one of those cans on the end.

Out of the Hydro-L vs. Nomad-LT.... The Hydro-L is the winner of the POI shift test. Not by a lot, but it did have less POI shift on several different rifles. I haven't tested POI shift in the Magnus yet.

The whole POI shift thing is something I've never understood... If you own a can, why would you ever NOT shoot suppressed? I could understand POI shift between different suppressors on the SAME rifle, but not so much suppressed vs. unsuppressed. Maybe I'm just weird...But I'm also one of those "suppress everything" people, so if it has threads, or can be threaded, it's getting threaded and suppressed. 😂

All 3 of my big .30 cans (Nomad-LT, Hydrogen-L, & Magnus-HUB) cut recoil SIGNIFICANTLY! And they start working even harder, the harder they are pushed. It's crazy how that works. The more blast and recoil the rifle has, the less it has once you put one of those cans on the end.

Out of the Hydro-L vs. Nomad-LT.... The Hydro-L is the winner of the POI shift test. Not by a lot, but it did have less POI shift on several different rifles. I haven't tested POI shift in the Magnus yet.

The whole POI shift thing is something I've never understood... If you own a can, why would you ever NOT shoot suppressed? I could understand POI shift between different suppressors on the SAME rifle, but not so much suppressed vs. unsuppressed. Maybe I'm just weird...But I'm also one of those "suppress everything" people, so if it has threads, or can be threaded, it's getting threaded and suppressed. 😂

Yes you have a point about POI shift, but I was using it as a metric for precision. Less POI shift might suggest more concentric baffles/better internal quality/etc? I guess that leads to my next question about dispersion. Did you notice if any of those 3 cans grouped better than one another?

Yes you have a point about POI shift, but I was using it as a metric for precision. Less POI shift might suggest more concentric baffles/better internal quality/etc? I guess that leads to my next question about dispersion. Did you notice if any of those 3 cans grouped better than one another?
Well, without a doubt the Otter Creek Labs cans are built to tighter tolerances than the current production (KGM made) Dead Air cans. I own a bunch of KGM-built DA cans, and they're great, but the OCL cans are still "small batch" and hand-built. Each stack is hand assembled and then laser-welded, etc... There's no robotics or assembly lines. Looking down the insides of my OCL cans, the baffles are 100% concentric and straight. I guess that's what could contribute to the slightly less POI shift of the OCL cans.

All 3 have produced amazing groups on rifles. As long as you have a precision rifle, and a well-built can, you shouldn't have any detrimental affects on the accuracy or groupings. At first I thought I was experiencing better groups with the OCL cans compared to the Nomad-LT, but after finalizing load development on several rifles, and testing proven loads in several different rifles, all 3 cans produced similar groups. You can't go wrong with either the Nomad-LT, Hydro-L, or Magnus-HUB.

Well, without a doubt the Otter Creek Labs cans are built to tighter tolerances than the current production (KGM made) Dead Air cans. I own a bunch of KGM-built DA cans, and they're great, but the OCL cans are still "small batch" and hand-built. Each stack is hand assembled and then laser-welded, etc... There's no robotics or assembly lines. Looking down the insides of my OCL cans, the baffles are 100% concentric and straight. I guess that's what could contribute to the slightly less POI shift of the OCL cans.

All 3 have produced amazing groups on rifles. As long as you have a precision rifle, and a well-built can, you shouldn't have any detrimental affects on the accuracy or groupings. At first I thought I was experiencing better groups with the OCL cans compared to the Nomad-LT, but after finalizing load development on several rifles, and testing proven loads in several different rifles, all 3 cans produced similar groups. You can't go wrong with either the Nomad-LT, Hydro-L, or Magnus-HUB.

Have you had a chance to test out the Magnus-HUB? Maybe compare recoil/sound against the Nomad LT and Hydrogen L?

Have you had a chance to test out the Magnus-HUB? Maybe compare recoil/sound against the Nomad LT and Hydrogen L?
Yes, it will be in upcoming videos. My latest video is post #86, and it shows the Magnus vs. The Nomad-LT.

But if you want to know how all 3 stack-up, here’s my take… Your ears will probably never notice a difference in volume (DB) between them, but they do produce slightly different sound signatures due to the different baffle designs. Any of the 3 are solid options, and you would not be disappointed with any of them.

Yes, it will be in upcoming videos. My latest video is post #86, and it shows the Magnus vs. The Nomad-LT.

But if you want to know how all 3 stack-up, here’s my take… Your ears will probably never notice a difference in volume (DB) between them, but they do produce slightly different sound signatures due to the different baffle designs. Any of the 3 are solid options, and you would not be disappointed with any of them.

Ah I missed that video, just watched it and can't tell a huge difference but it was great to see them in action!
How do the insides (baffle design, quality, concentricity) compare with one another? Is the hydrogen-L going to be on-par with the Magnus? If you could only keep 1 out of the 3 (Nomad LT, H-L, Magnus HUB) on something like 300WM which would it be?

Ah I missed that video, just watched it and can't tell a huge difference but it was great to see them in action!
How do the insides (baffle design, quality, concentricity) compare with one another? Is the hydrogen-L going to be on-par with the Magnus? If you could only keep 1 out of the 3 (Nomad LT, H-L, Magnus HUB) on something like 300WM which would it be?
Luckily I don’t have to choose… But I don’t think I could answer that one. They’re all 3 pretty damn close.

Well…The Hydro-L and Nomad-LT are kind of similar baffles, and both have 13 baffles. I have no idea about the Magnus, as I can’t recall having ever seen a cutaway of one. Maybe @Zak Smith or @TBACRAY has a cutaway picture of the Magnus-Hub they can post?

Luckily I don’t have to choose… But I don’t think I could answer that one. They’re all 3 pretty damn close.

Well…The Hydro-L and Nomad-LT are kind of similar baffles, and both have 13 baffles. I have no idea about the Magnus, as I can’t recall having ever seen a cutaway of one. Maybe @Zak Smith or @TBACRAY has a cutaway picture of the Magnus-Hub they can post?
The Nomad LT only has 9 baffles.

New video is up comparing my Dead Air Nomad-LT and TBAC Magnus-HUB with my subsonic handloads in my 16" Christensen Arms MPR .308 Win.