• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

NEW from XLR Industries **ELEMENT CHASSIS**

What is the current wait time? I am due back to the states from my deployment in several months so forecasting a delay would be great information to have.

Cannot wait to grab one :)

Mine is on its way due in 4-23-14 and I have a new 26inch SS 5-R match grade Rock Creek barrel on it and I can not fire because my trigger is on the Rem 700 recall.

I should get my chassis today and my new Timney trigger tomorrow sighting it all in this weekend.

Mine was shipped yesterday but won't be here until next Tuesday. :(

KRG has let us savage shooters down with the X-ray not being applicable to us. Don't let us down XLR, you're our only hope!

Hello, my first post here. I joined up just because of this thread. I had my local gun customizer guy (Metal EFX in Midland, TX) order me up one of these at the beginning of April. Anxiously awaiting its arrival. It will be the first Element chassis to my knowledge out here in West Texas and we are looking forward to doing a build with it, including custom Cerakote work.

KRG has let us savage shooters down with the X-ray not being applicable to us. Don't let us down XLR, you're our only hope!

XLR will have these for Savage in a few short months. Just specify side or bottom bolt release and they can do it up. Let me know if you are interested or Kyle will set you up!!!

Got my UPS Shipping Confirmation today... and my Scope,Base,Rings,trigger are coming from SWFA the day before!!! :D

Will I got it together last night going to the range tomorrow
IMG_5027.jpg:cool:

Kyle, any idea what that rem 700 SPS in the element chassis with the vortex scopes weight is all dressed up like that? Im guessing around 11lbs but im not sure. Ill be calling you soon, this is the chassis I was waiting for! Thanks.

Tuesday can't come soon enough.

It's almost as exciting as waiting for a new firearm.

I've had my new Element running a Defiance Deviant 260 for about a month now. I cannot express how happy I am to have made the switch from a Mcrees over to XLR. I believe I ditched approx 1.4-1.6 lbs & slimmed down the overall profile of the chassis/barrel/optic by about .5". Shot a match two weekends ago and for the FIRST TIME, I didn't have any issues fitting the rifle through all the ports in a shoot-house stage. This was a problem from day 1 with the Mcrees (not going to knock the Mcrees as it is an excellent Chassis, just too heavy and bulky for my application currently).

Big thanks for Kyle and the XLR guys for great pre-purchase Q&A in person at a match and via phone. Great product guys!

Picked one of these up yesterday, It was sitting at a local shop that they got on a trade. Got deal on it! This thing rocks!

Really? A trade already? This thing has only been out like 3 weeks...

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I might have to hit the local shop and make a trade for a 700 :) gonna get new barrel for build anyhow this is sick!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like it will be available for the Savage and Tikka later this year also.

Not a good reason but I don't like the look of savage action it's dumb but hey gotta like what your gonna pay for. No experience with a tikka but the savage I shot in 308 was good shooting but thought the stock was pure junk..............until later this year lol

In everyone's experience what's best accuracy wise. I know good work is good results but easiest action for a smith to fine tune

Question from a neophyte: is there any reason to go with the evolution, given the advent of the element? Is there anything specifically beneficial from the tube or the attachment system? So far it seems like all the evolution brings me is the need to hack on my scope rail.

Last edited:
Question from a neophyte: is there any reason to go with the evolution, given the advent of the element? Is there anything specifically beneficial from the tube or the attachment system? So far it seems like all the evolution brings me is the need to hack on my scope rail.

More forend length giving ability to get bipod closer to muzzle seems like one advantage depending on how long your barrel is.

I can barely wait for mine I am so excited I feel like a kid waiting for Xmas. I'm waiting on a remington 700 long action.
Kyle has been exceedingly helpful both on the phone and via email. Super nice guy any very knowledgeable.

Also helps with breaking up mirage off the barrel...though the hand guard can generate some as well when it gets warm enough...

Anyone know what size bit is needed for the two element chassis action screws?

Thanks

I'm still torn between the Element and the Evolution. Is the forend on the Element as long as your regular stock, or is it shorter?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

NEW from XLR Industries **ELEMENT CHASSIS**

I'm still torn between the Element and the Evolution. Is the forend on the Element as long as your regular stock, or is it shorter?

If you already have base and rings, just keep in mind you may need higher rings and the base will need to be cut down likely depending on your style. This is with the Evo.

If you already have base and rings, just keep in mind you may need higher rings and the base will need to be cut down likely depending on your style. This is with the Evo.

Just spoke with Kyle. Very nice guy. He confirmed the forend is 10 inches. I placed an order for the Element.

Just spoke with Kyle. Very nice guy. He confirmed the forend is 10 inches. I placed an order for the Element.

Mine will be coming today, just sitting here waiting for it.

It got sent out in the week week time exactly, last Monday. Long delivery.

Good to know. I can't wait. Please post pics when you get it all set up.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398807447.949142.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1398807461.765588.jpg

Ups came no longer then 15 min ago. I put this scope on for appearance sake, as my vortex will not be back until Thursday.

Like mine. Will post a review after I finish load workup. Lightweight and handles very well.

I painted it. Rem 223 with 20" barrel. Folding stock.

Regards,
DT

Attachments

• xlr.JPG
    xlr.JPG
    111.3 KB · Views: 32
I called and ordered an Element from Kyle today for a 591 barreled action. I've seen these on the prize table at the last couple of matches I've shot. I actually passed one up on the table at a match back in March. I wish I would have got it instead of the optics I picked up.

I'm very much a Rock Solid Stocks fan, I have 3, but I need a butt pad that has vertical adjustment. Now that low scope rings aren't an issue with the Element, I thought I'd give one a try.

By the way, Kyle has been present and participated in the last 3 PRS matches I've shot in. He's also donated atleast 2 or more stocks at everyone of these matches for the prize table. He does his part to support us and our sport.
Thanks,

...By the way, Kyle has been present and participated in the last 3 PRS matches I've shot in. He's also donated atleast 2 or more stocks at everyone of these matches for the prize table. He does his part to support us and our sport...

Fact...don't forget this when looking for a stock.

Now if he could just learn to shoot!!
:D
(just bustin ur balls KM.
Regards,
DT