• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

NEW from XLR Industries **ELEMENT CHASSIS**

D_TROS,
Can you give us a little info on the paint job. It looks awesome. Great job. Was this a rattle can job, Cerakote or other? I have an Element on the way and am planning on painting the same color. Just want to know what you did. looking forward to your review.

Thanks,

Got mine yesterday... with the side-folder... :cool:

neNS1Gi.jpg

eumYY5K.jpg

Still gotta mount the scope... stripped a torx on the Seekins base, so I'm waiting on a new screw.

good god that is a great looking rifle. I thought the folder was in the works still...

Nah, you can get the folder as an accessory option. I wanted one because it makes it easier to stow the rifle in a smaller package. I think it makes it kinda cute in a manly sorta way.

Got mine yesterday... with the side-folder... :cool:

neNS1Gi.jpg

eumYY5K.jpg

Still gotta mount the scope... stripped a torx on the Seekins base, so I'm waiting on a new screw.

Im pretty sure that the bipod is supposed to be mounted the other way around.

juhejy4a.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398977614.195670.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398977605.378486.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398977605.378486.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Took it out to the range today... first time shooting a bolt from the bench... kinda lackluster first time out. Need to fine tune the stock adjustments (increase LOP, get my cheek weld comfortable). The biggest problem though is a lack of rear bag. Any suggestions for one?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399147768.012905.jpg

Shot very well considering the nasty michigan weather today. Not much to post any pictures about. Magazine fed great. A little adjustments on the buttstock and will be ready to get serious with this rifle.

Took it out to the range today... first time shooting a bolt from the bench... kinda lackluster first time out. Need to fine tune the stock adjustments (increase LOP, get my cheek weld comfortable). The biggest problem though is a lack of rear bag. Any suggestions for one?

Armageddon Gear "The Brick". I love mine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Id like to see one with the tactical stock. The Magpul PRS might be cool looking too?

Id like to see one with the tactical stock. The Magpul PRS might be cool looking too?

Just got mine in today. I ordered it with the tactical stock. Hopefully I can attach this photo, Photobucket is down right now.

I really like this chassis. I like it even more once I got it in my hands. The fit and finish is awesome. I can't wait to get out.

gudugume.jpg

puqe4ura.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Looks good! Im not sure what butt stock I like more now? HHHMMM. What length barrel is that Nick? Can I see the barrel end? Im just curious how this would look on my 26inhcer?

I'm really having a tough time between this and and an aics. Can anyone tell me about the stiffness of this stock? Both the folding mechanism and adjustments? I really hate any amount of play in the stock of a precision rifle.

Also, how is the balance on the element for offhand shooting? Is the back so light that it wants to dive out of your hands?

You get a little play in the stock/buffer tube. Folder locks up solid.

Just get it, you want to lug around a heavy aics?

I'm really having a tough time between this and and an aics. Can anyone tell me about the stiffness of this stock? Both the folding mechanism and adjustments? I really hate any amount of play in the stock of a precision rifle.

Also, how is the balance on the element for offhand shooting? Is the back so light that it wants to dive out of your hands?

In my opinion, it feels pretty balanced. I have the tactical stock, which has more meat on it than the other stock. I don't have my scope mounted yet, but it seems that once I do, that will place more weight towards the rear.

IMG_5071 (1024x525).jpgMade a few changes to my XLR added a xtreme butt stock but switch the check rest from Tactical and will be trying a Mystic Precision MPOD.IMG_5076 (1024x683).jpgIMG_5066 (1024x683).jpg

Will the Element work with Rem/age barrel nut systems? Can I order a Tac Lite stock with the Tactical's adjustable recoil pad and the Xtreme's cheek rest? Getting picky, I know...

Will the Element work with Rem/age barrel nut systems? Can I order a Tac Lite stock with the Tactical's adjustable recoil pad and the Xtreme's cheek rest? Getting picky, I know...

Not too sure about your first question. Email Kyle, [email protected]. As for your second question, just order the tactical stock and be done with it. Lol.

Yes, our chassis will accept Savage style barrel nuts as long as it is the diameter of the receiver or smaller. The Tac Lite is not available for dual plate recoil pads at this time. It will be an upgrade available in the future. Yes, I can put whatever cheek rest you want on but please note that you may not be able to get set up with it as they are designed differently.

Thanks, Kyle ~ XLR

Will it work with Remington clones like a Bighorn SA or LA? I have both that Im trying to build up. Does the Carbon have an inlet for Bighorn LA or just SA? Is there a savings when ordering raw? Im considering having it anodized tan.......

One more thought. If I ran my Big horn's with my benchmark rem/age barrels in the Carbon, would I be able to access the barrel nut with the handgaurd removed? Obviously not with the element, but I may have to step up to the carbon if thats possible.

So I know its not the Element but here is a Carbon from XLR... I have 4 SA Rem 700 Elements here if anyone needs one in short order! Thanks Kyle!

Attachments

• Carbon1.jpg
    Carbon1.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 29
  • Carbon2.jpg
    Carbon2.jpg
    902.3 KB · Views: 29
  • Carbon3.jpg
    Carbon3.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 31
Will it work with Remington clones like a Bighorn SA or LA? I have both that Im trying to build up. Does the Carbon have an inlet for Bighorn LA or just SA? Is there a savings when ordering raw? Im considering having it anodized tan.......

The Big Horn footprints LA and SA will fit in the Rem 700 LA and SA footprints with zero issue! I have an extra SA here that I can DuraCoat Coyote/Leupold Tan if you'd like.

Also have the bare chassis for those who would like to throw on their own PRS butt stock (or other custom butt stock)

That information is not correct. The Bighorns DO require their own inlet. The Bighorn TL-2 has a larger tang than the Remington and both the TL-2 and SR-2 have straight bolt handles whereas the Remington has a swept bolt handle. We offer all our chassis for the Bighorn actions. I do not have good information on the barrel nuts as I have never run one.

Thanks, Kyle ~ XLR

One more thought. If I ran my Big horn's with my benchmark rem/age barrels in the Carbon, would I be able to access the barrel nut with the handgaurd removed? Obviously not with the element, but I may have to step up to the carbon if thats possible.

The Big Horn footprints LA and SA will fit in the Rem 700 LA and SA footprints with zero issue! I have an extra SA here that I can DuraCoat Coyote/Leupold Tan if you'd like.

Also have the bare chassis for those who would like to throw on their own PRS butt stock (or other custom butt stock)

That information is not correct. The Bighorns DO require their own inlet. The Bighorn TL-2 has a larger tang than the Remington and both the TL-2 and SR-2 have straight bolt handles whereas the Remington has a swept bolt handle. We offer all our chassis for the Bighorn actions. I do not have good information on the barrel nuts as I have never run one.

Thanks, Kyle ~ XLR

Kyle,

My apologies. I was simply going off of the fact that my TL2 SA fit in the Rem 700 footprint Element but I am guessing I could have been incorrect in some way. Either way great chassis you have made!

-Reed

Savage short action Elements are coming soon! Should be available around the end of July. Prototypes are getting cut first thing this Monday!!

We will not be taking pre-orders for these but there should be virtually no lead time for them.

-Kyle ~ XLR

Have Savage Elements begun to ship yet?

Are you taking orders yet?

Savage short action Elements are coming soon! Should be available around the end of July. Prototypes are getting cut first thing this Monday!!

We will not be taking pre-orders for these but there should be virtually no lead time for them.

-Kyle ~ XLR

Thanks Kyle, good to know!

-Kyle ~ XLR

Side Bolt release? Or Bottom?

Sent from my IPhone 5S.

Any reason a Stevens 200 short action wouldn't fit? If not I think I'll hold out for the Element on my build.

After much hunting, I found what I believe to be the last new Stevens in Kentucky! It's even in the caliber I wanted, 223. Not that it matters since a new barrel is inbound. But I found one dammit!

Yes, it is no longer on the Savage Arms website.

I'm adding my vote for this chassis for the Howa 1500 short action. If you offer that I'll buy one the same day, and probably buy another before too long. I know the Evolution is available now for the Howa, but I don't want my 50mm objective scope as high as that forces it to be.

I have be looking chassis for my Howa LA and I would be happy to know that is there going to be inlet for this action in element or evolution chassis?

-Juuso

I have a Remington 300 WM in an Evolution chassis and would love to put my Howa in an Element. Add me to the list of people that would order an Element immediately if you made it for the Howa 1500.