• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes New Steiner T5Xi Tactical Rifle Scopes

The "WHY" is because the manufacturers specifically ask us not to make the pricing public.

I am sure everyone who is following this thread closely for information on the new Steiner scopes would appreciate it if we would get back on topic and start a new thread for info on mil discounts.

If someone wants a mil discount...feel free to step up to the line and raise their arm.

I agree completely. But, its in bad taste to publicly discuss the pricing as the companies offering it specifically ask that it not be disclosed. So out of respect for the people offering the discount, and to mil/le who may be trying to take advantage of the pricing, it shouldn't be disclosed.

I got behind the new model at the Steiner side match at NorCal's TBRC. I handled both the 5-25 and 3-15 while waiting to shoot and honestly dont recall which was on the stage gun (I thought it was a 5-25). The eye box was good to go.

I feel MTC would be awesome, as I've been spoiled with them for years.

The sample I handled in the 5-25 had a "sticking point" when coming back down from the second rev at about 12 mils-hopefully a problem limited to that particualr scope and it happened maybe 3/5 times I turned the turret up and back.

I must say that the reticle is nice, but many I spoke to would have preferred a floating dot or open center to a floating crosshair. I like a regular crosshair center, so a floating one doesn't help me much.

At the price point they are hitting the market at, these would be my choice if I were to go whoring around behind my sponsor's back, but that ain't happening ;-)

Any chance Steiner would think about a floating dot instead of floating cross? Or this is exactly what will be on the market in......September I believe?

Any chance Steiner would think about a floating dot instead of floating cross? Or this is exactly what will be on the market in......September I believe?
If you're looking for a scope with the floating check out the March F 3-24X in 42 of 52 mm variety. Illuminated or non illuminated-your choice and about $500 difference. Just saying.

If you're looking for a scope with the floating check out the March F 3-24X in 42 of 52 mm variety. Illuminated or non illuminated-your choice and about $500 difference. Just saying.

Got the 5-40 FX. Had the Steiner 5-25 and loved it but couldn't get used to the thickness of the cross especially after using the SB P4F for a while which was replaced with the Steiner because of the difference in the eyebox. Ended up with the FX and really love it but at the price point of the Steiner and the upgrades it's received it will easily become my favorite scope. For me anything better would be a floating dot or even a gap in the cross center section. We'll see it in September.....anxiously waiting.

.....I believe IOR srcopes have a floating dot.

Got the 5-40 FX. Had the Steiner 5-25 and loved it but couldn't get used to the thickness of the cross especially after using the SB P4F for a while which was replaced with the Steiner because of the difference in the eyebox. Ended up with the FX and really love it but at the price point of the Steiner and the upgrades it's received it will easily become my favorite scope. For me anything better would be a floating dot or even a gap in the cross center section. We'll see it in September.....anxiously waiting.
Agree with you completely and can't wait for my September Preorder. Hope they DO come out then and not dribble out like the BEAST.

Once upon a time, several years ago, I took recommendations from people to buy an IOR scope. "How bad could they be if these people are recommending them?" I thought. I bought two.

If I had a time machine, I'd go back in time and have those people killed.

The LRMOA Reticle in the Sightron S-III has a real nice center dot. In a 1st FP scope the Bushy with the H-59 has one as well. I use the 8-32x56 S-III on my 300 RUM and like it ALOT. But I AM looking foward to getting behind the MSR in the future Steiner if it all works out.

Last edited:
I didn't go to look it up, but I think night force has a Reticle with a floating "+".

I don't know how this turned into "my mother has a floating cross" thread, but the SCR DOES INDEED have a floating cross...just saying

Also the floating cross should give more precision over a floating dot of the March scope due to the ability to make a precise 0.1 mil wind hold. If memory serves me correctly, I believe the March is 0.5 mil gap between dot and first hash making precise wind holds a bit more difficult.

Regards,
DT

D_TROS you are correct. It sometime comes from a preference or habitual comfort zone. Though I've been shooting the March FMA-1 reticle for a year and have learned to use it as well as the P4Fine I always loved the P4Fine reticle, specifically because of the .35 thickness or thinness of it including the center cross. With Steiner's new SCR reticle which .35 all around and a.30 floating cross (Thinner than the P4F) has gone above and beyond listening to the concerns people had with the Steiner Military.........Is it September yet?

Last edited:
Looking forward to the new Steiner scopes, especially because of the price $$
Yes, me to wonder if they will continue to "try" and keep selling their military line of scopes. If these new ones have the
Same features, the same glass @ half the price then why would someone spend 3400 vs 1600?

Does the new T5Xi 3-15 have the 6 mils of windage like the Military or does it have 4.6 like the olde Tactical model?

This makes me real happy - with the new XTRII being made in PH I was wondering what Burris/Steiner was going to do with the US manufacturing capacity. Will likely be buying one.

Question - does it have 24 mils of turn even after zeroing? And does the 3-15 still double turn 12 mils?

I'm sure how many mils you have left after zeroing depends entirely on how much cant you have it mounted on, how much is used up in zeroing, etc. Just like a DT S&B.

Scanned every page and I didn't see any pics of the 5-25.. Did I miss them? Really interested in seeing it!!

I have such itchy fingers...I can't wait for this 3-15x...so much so that I just bought a Nightforce F1 for my incoming trainer rifle :(

I won't cancel my preorder though, I really want to compare the two hand in hand when it comes in. That will determine which I keep.

I think I just found my Christmas present. I did notice one thing while watching the turret video when it was around 7-8 mills the indicator was between marks making it difficult to know exactly where you are. I have more expensive glass that does the same thing so it's not that big of a deal.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    322 KB · Views: 14
I want one, but I've called Steiner 3x over the past week or so. No one answers and no one returns calls.
Makes me concerned about any warranty issues.
Burris, on the other hand, picked up and was as helpful as could be.

Scanned every page and I didn't see any pics of the 5-25.. Did I miss them? Really interested in seeing it!!

The pic of Frank shooting the TRG has a 5-25 on it, first post on this thread. According to the guys at "The cup".

Last edited:
That scope does not look to be 16.6" long which is the published length of the 5-25.
Looks like the 3-15 to me.

it has been awhile since Steiner rep chimed in. Anyone had any issues dealing with warranty issues?

Is there anywhere to compare the differences of the Tactical to the Military?
I have looked but am having a hard time seeing why the huge price difference.

I believe the price difference is primarily that the T5 is made in the USA and the Military is Germany?

Correct. The reason given by the Steiner Rep earlier for the lower price was simply due to manufacturing in the USA.

I own a Steiner M5Xi Military 3-15x50 and I can tell you that I absolutely love it on my .308. I had a lot of concerns when I ordered this over a S&B or USO, but once I got it and used it any concerns I might have had were laid to rest, and I have no regrets about going with Steiner over the other brands. I'm a full on fan boy at this point.

M5Xi Military 3-15x50 | Military Riflescopes | Steiner Optics

Same.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I'm sure he has a lot on his plate right now and hope everything is OK with the rep. Since it seems you're closer than anyone else to the Company any word of encouragement would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Since it seems your closer than anyone else to the Company any word of encouragement would be appreciated.

I had the privilege of meeting the vice president and attending the company dinner at Shot Show this year. The atmosphere of Steiner/Burris is to provide the best possible at the best price possible. I've spent countless hours with the Burris brand rep travelling to team matches and I'm like a little school girl with a cool guest speaker the entire time, I'm constantly being a pest and asking endless scope questions without rest. The most I've learned is everything in optics is a trade off. Nothing is free, to get more here, you have to take it from there. Also, people have to understand it is impossible to please everybody. For every person who says they love mtc turrets there is one who hates them. People don't understand what happens behind the scenes to make a new reticle, you think everyone involved just forgot or didn't think Christmas tree ticks wouldn't be helpful? In reality, there are patent infringements. In regards to a centerdot, it tends to disappear at lower powers in FFP scopes, so we went with a measurable cross. A 0.35 cross is not going to obscure any target. Steiner has a shooting team that attends over 50 major matches a year. Most the people in the office shoot if not compete, so decisions are not being made on a whim. In regards to the warranty, I know a lifetime, transferable, no questions asked, warranty is the best in the market, but again you can't make everyone happy, but they are going to do everything they can to try. Steiner Germany has $3,000 scopes, Steiner USA will have sub-$2K scopes, and Burris will have $1K scopes. New reticle, quality glass, quality mechanics, quality ergonomics, all with the input of real shooters. Lifetime warranty and local customer service. Thesd are all the things I've been hearing people requesting for years. They're here.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Having owned a Steiner, a S&B a March and a NF it seems this new Steiner line is incorporating the best of all these. Though I had brought up the floating dot a couple of times, mostly because I am currently using the March, I appreciated the P4F more than anything and just couldn't get used to the eyebox/eye relief of the S&B thus switching to the Steiner MSR. Having gotten used to the P4F it was hard adjusting to the thickness of the MSR thus switching to the March. There are small peeves I have with the March but it is minimal compared to the rest. From what I can gather.......if the eyebox, illumination, glass and warranty remains the same as the Military, the reticle is at .35 with the cross being .30, the turrets are low profile and sooooo user friendly, I don't know about others but for me it can't be beat and that's not even mentioning the price. With the rep usually being more apparent on this thread I was more worried about him not chiming in with some unanswered questions that were asked a while ago. Again, I'm sure he has plenty to keep him busy but I can sense the members hovered around this thread like a pack of wolves waiting around to be thrown a piece of meat until the full meal arrives, me included...lol.

Quickdraw, Thank you for your feedback and continued success with your team.

I'm-patiently waiting. See what I did there? :)

But seriously, I am waiting as patiently as is possible once I've committed to something.

I'm-patiently waiting. See what I did there? :)

But seriously, I am waiting as patiently as is possible once I've committed to something.

Speaking of waiting patiently; I'm a bit curious as to how these will hit the market. I know the time frame is September but will it be a trickling with a wait list or enough for all to have fun :)

Just got the new American Rifleman and the cover has a photo of the 3-15 mounted on a Ruger SR-762.

Last edited:
Looks like I'll have spend a bit more and wait an extra month but it'll be worth it with all those features and the price!