• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Newbie checking in with CZ 527 Varmint .223

jetcycles

Private
Minuteman
Oct 7, 2009
Houston, TX
I've been reading around the hide for quite a while now and decided to break the ice with a first post introducing myself. I found this place while researching the Remington 700 SPS Tactical and have been saving my spare cash while I continue to read and (attempt to) educate myself a little more before spending any money. One common thing I notice around here is that the .223 is a great way to get into long distance shooting without breaking the bank and I just happen to already have a CZ 527 Varmint in .223 with a laminate stock wearing a Nikon Monarch 4-16x50SF with BDC reticle. This is primarily my coyote/pig rig but it will have to suffice while I continue to save some cash for a .308. I look forward to learning from you guys and hope to be able to contribute back to the forum at some point in the future. FWIW, I promise to use the search function!!! If anyone has any info to give about this CZ of mine please share. Thanks for having me. JET

Re: Newbie checking in with CZ 527 Varmint .223

Welcome! I'm a new guy too. You will find the folks here very helpful! There is more info on here then you can read!

Re: Newbie checking in with CZ 527 Varmint .223

Great rifle and you will learn a lot from that little 223. I have never had to do anything other than basic cleaning and shooting the piss out of the two that I have. Have fun!