• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Official Accuracy International AT First Look

i am booked to see my doctor, that 6 hour erection issue... i watched the vid on youtube...and my kid doesnt really need braces or school books..... :) only joking...i need one....i dont really...because i just want one...

+1 on delivery time. As long as it's not going to be 6+ months I'll be calling Dianne as soon as she's back from shot to place an order. I'm sure my AX will like the company.

Also when are the thumbhole sides going to be available? Judging by the rear section of the AT they should fit the old AX too?

What is the "pale brown" color? Is that the PSR colors? If so will FDE still be available?

Hey Tom,

Is AI still seriously considering a left handed version of the AXMC series com the 3rd quarter? I want to have some idea of whether I should by an AX now or just wait.

From the pics I've seen the pale brown skins are the same as the old FDE. I think AI is trying to be unique by using their own terms like "pale brown" and "keyslot."

FFDD9ABD-3C81-42A4-A64F-8C9F1D5798F2.jpg

I'm wondering if that price is ready-to-shoot, or if it represents a base price for the action/chassis (recall that a vendor posted an outline of the AT optioning structure, and it appears as if this rifle will be more of an "a al carte" ordering process where the barrel and skins are spec'd separately).

Exactly correct,..its a base price as everything is extra. Its an AW action with a QD barrel change , AX trigger blade and new skins/rails.

Exactly correct,..its a base price as everything is extra. Its an AW action with a QD barrel change , AX trigger blade and new skins/rails.

It doesn't seem to me that the barrel costs extra at all.

MH seemed pretty clear, about $3800 for the rifle, folding option is an extra 4 benfranks and change.

Additional rails, NV mount, etc are extra. But you can get a plain jane shooter for 3800 from the way it reads.

Looking at the mile high site and prices for that AT it has a 24" plain barrel for $38xx and a threaded barrel for $4200 in 20, 24, or 26? Is that the only other option for nearly 400 more is a threaded barrel on that model?

Have there been any changes in the bolt head or firing pin? I'm wondering if the AT would work better with the 6.5x47L than the AW and AE did.

MSRP is:
$3823 for a 20 or 24" plain bbl
$4200 for a 24, 24, or 26" threaded w/brake
add $422 for a folding stock
Basic AT rifle defined as:
Stanag (mil 1913) Action Rail (20 MOA)
Fixed Stock
Adjustable Cheekpiece
Fixed Butt with additional spacer screws
There will be accessories available, side rails, nv bracket, accessory rails, butt spike assembly, handstops, etc

SH members will get a 5% discount on the new AT's and AX's

Last edited:
Stupid question from a guy that knows NOTHING about AIs, forgive me if mentioned upthread:

Can you order an AT with a 6.5 Creedmoor barrel at the base price, or do they all come in 308 and different caliber barrels must be purchased separately?

We will have 6.5's avail with AINA (Bartlein barrels) at some point. Unknown dates as of right now... We are working with AI to determine shipping dates, qty's, etc. There will be an upcharge for 6.5, 260 etc, undetermined as of yet.

Looks like the AT Thumb hole stock sides may be the solution to my AX pistol grip gripes.

photo-5.png

I personally dislike the non - thumbhole stocks, too.

I'm hoping the thumbhole stock will be available soon.

From the pics I've seen the pale brown skins are the same as the old FDE. I think AI is trying to be unique by using their own terms like "pale brown" and "keyslot."

FFDD9ABD-3C81-42A4-A64F-8C9F1D5798F2.jpg

Not meaning to hijack the thread, but what is this tripod / head setup?

Any idea what the weight of the new rifles are? I'm guessing about the same, but fingers crossed the AX is a little lighter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About the AX chassis, is the current model going away? I think I would prefer the current butt stock as is.

The height is to work in conjunction with the NV rail.

It really doesn't hurt anything with that height because the cheek is adjustable.

Is the base removable though? I strongly prefer to mount my scopes low and have little interest in running night vision... Not on this rifle at least.

Last edited:
Is the base removable though? I strongly prefer to mount my scopes low and have little interest in running night vision... Not on this rifle at least.

If it's like an AW it is removable and there a dovetail under it. But what advantage to making the scope lower? Seems backwards.

If it's like an AW it is removable and there a dovetail under it. But what advantage to making the scope lower? Seems backwards.

I mean you don't technically need it if you have an adjustable cheek, but it makes the center of gravity lower, makes close shots easier and looks better. It looks awfully funny perched all the way up there to me. but that's just me.

I agree. It's awesome that AI finally offers a canted rail but that thing is pretty high. I understand it's so it lines up with the front NV rail but I also don't plan on running NV and prefer that my scope isn't 4 ft over the bore... Hahaha I'd like to run a Spuhr mount right to the dovetail, assuming the AT will have it like the AW.

Has there been any info released on the "adjustable" pistol grip? Are there just going to be a set of rear halves available that you can change out depending on hand size?

Is the mag a standard AW mag?

I would like to see the weight also. Don't see it on any of the data sheets.

Nice. The AT brings the AI into the modern age with more class than the AX IMHO.

I love the simplified barrel change system and the new price but loath the new optic rail. I always thought the AI was fairly progressive by offering a basic rail with scope mounts tailored to specific optic heights with cant angles to take best advantage of individual internal mechanics. The old system also enabled mounting an optic as close to the bore axis as possible. The AT's uber-tall 20MOA rail feels like a hideous step back to the 90's. Perhaps it comes with a pair of JNCO Jeans, I hear those are coming back too....

jnco.jpg

Last edited:
I mean you don't technically need it if you have an adjustable cheek, but it makes the center of gravity lower, makes close shots easier and looks better. It looks awfully funny perched all the way up there to me. but that's just me.

You're right about the lower center of gravity but it doesn't make close shots easier, just have to put the proper height over bore in the ballistic program and confirm it.

Oh man that brought me so much memories... those were some goofy looking days.
Nice. The AT brings the AI into the modern age with more class than the AX IMHO.
Perhaps it comes with a pair of JNCO Jeans, I hear those are coming back too....

You're right about the lower center of gravity but it doesn't make close shots easier, just have to put the proper height over bore in the ballistic program and confirm it.

For me, I found it makes the effects of cant worse the higher the sighting device is above the bore-line.
Do a thought experiment: what if it was 12" high??

My experience is that it makes the closer shots easier as well, but YMMV

For me, I found it makes the effects of cant worse the higher the sighting device is above the bore-line.
Do a thought experiment: what if it was 12" high??

My experience is that it makes the closer shots easier as well, but YMMV

What if you accessed the rifle remotely?
No matter how high it is, you have to dial dope. Is it somehow easier to dial dope because it's 1/2" lower? So long a your cheek is where it's supposed to be, you have proper sight picture, proper fundamentals, and dial the right dope, the bullet impacts the poa. It doesn't matter 1/2" lower or 1" higher.

What about being higher makes it harder? Please I'd like to see this from your prospective. Have you any experience shooting an AX or any of the order chassis systems with a continuous rail? What about precision ARs? What was harder about them?

He means with less height over bore there is less correction needed close in (ie 15, 30, 50 yards). I have a S&B 5-25x56 on my AX in 1.46" Seekins rings. I am used to shooting AR's and such and when I jump on someone's regular Remington variant with a .92" ring height it just feels weird.

If you train with it you will never have a problem. Also if the scope was 12" above the bore you would see finer variations in cant then if it were 1". Like a 1 foot level versus 3 foot level. Do yourself a favor and get an Accuracy 1st anti cant device.

My experience with the AICS/R700 is that if you mount your scope in low rings, you can't get the the cheek spacer low enough. Seems like the ergonomics of AI rifle stocks really favor scopes mounted higher above the bore.

My experience with the AICS/R700 is that if you mount your scope in low rings, you can't get the the cheek spacer low enough. Seems like the ergonomics of AI rifle stocks really favor scopes mounted higher above the bore.

Agreed.

And yes, less correction for close shots the lower it is, but is that actually easier? Does it matter if you have to dial half a mil more?

What if you accessed the rifle remotely?
No matter how high it is, you have to dial dope. Is it somehow easier to dial dope because it's 1/2" lower? So long a your cheek is where it's supposed to be, you have proper sight picture, proper fundamentals, and dial the right dope, the bullet impacts the poa. It doesn't matter 1/2" lower or 1" higher.

What about being higher makes it harder? Please I'd like to see this from your prospective. Have you any experience shooting an AX or any of the order chassis systems with a continuous rail? What about precision ARs? What was harder about them?

I never said anything about 'dialing dope' - I was referring to closer in shooting with a fixed zero on the scope (I used to zero at 300+ meters and the target (from 10-400 meters) was frequently less than house brick in size).
A cm or two makes little difference, but for me, the more it is, the less easy it is.

Regarding cant - yes, a level will help, although I will point out that we had some people here a while ago saying you shouldn't need such devices :)
But the more distance between the bore and the sight line - the more the effect of cant (or so I found/believe).

Why the hell would you buy an Accuracy International and use a 300 yard zero? By the way, if I dial my dope for 300 on my AX, at 10 yards I'm 2" low.

You should zero at 100 and then all your shots from point blank out you'll never have to dial anywhere but up.

Bricks are larger than 2".

I've had the same experience with the AI stocks as well as the rifles. Before my AX I always ran the AI amount because any rings that just cleared the scope I couldn't get low enough to get good sight picture. When I bought my first AE the 30mm mount hadn't come out yet so I used the 1" high rings that came with the F1 and I had to take the cheek piece off to shoot it.

With the tall rail on the AX and the height mount you have to use to clear the forward rail I do have to raise my cheek piece but it's a non issue for me.