• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Official Accuracy International AT First Look

Ok still can't figure the picture thing out. Can't even upload to my albums. Anyhow the at shot great yesterday. Was trying to add a spacer to the stock and the screws aren't long enough. It came with extra screws but the longest one were the same size as the ones already in it. Should it have came with the longer ones?

Ok still can't figure the picture thing out. Can't even upload to my albums. Anyhow the at shot great yesterday. Was trying to add a spacer to the stock and the screws aren't long enough. It came with extra screws but the longest one were the same size as the ones already in it. Should it have came with the longer ones?

There should be some longer screws if I remember correctly, they came with my rifle and the extra spacers, though I haven't used any of them.

Same here, the screws I have do not allow to put in another spacer. I checked than manual and the ones in the bag match up with the sizes in the manual. There is only one problem, the longest screw is not long enough to add another spacer.

There should be some longer screws if I remember correctly, they came with my rifle and the extra spacers, though I haven't used any of them.

ZM,
There are some longer screws but they are no longer than the ones currently in the rifle, on my rifle anyway so I can't add any extra spacers. It appears to be the same with piranhasniper as well.

Interesting, never really took a look at mine as I liked how it was setup from the factory. Wonder if that was intentional or if there was a mistake. Will look at mine tomorrow when I get home as now you have me curious.

I may be able to procure some bolts from work and send them out to you guys.

If somebody could let me know the pitch (I believe they are metric) and the length you'd need (i.e. the length of factory bolts + spacer thickness), I'll check our stock and see what we have.

Same here... The screws that come with don't allow you to add additional spacers. It's kind of silly that they include two additional spacers (10mm/20mm) but no screws to allow them to be used. Luckily I had some screws from a spacer kit I have for my AICS and they allowed me to add one more 10mm spacer for a total of 40mm but I'd much prefer 50mm. I emailed EuroOptic (where I ordered my AT) and they said they didn't have anything either. They suggested the hardware store... I have yet to look but I'll update if I find any.

Same here... The screws that come with don't allow you to add additional spacers. It's kind of silly that they include two additional spacers (10mm/20mm) but no screws to allow them to be used. Luckily I had some screws from a spacer kit I have for my AICS and they allowed me to add one more 10mm spacer for a total of 40mm but I'd much prefer 50mm. I emailed EuroOptic (where I ordered my AT) and they said they didn't have anything either. They suggested the hardware store... I have yet to look but I'll update if I find any.

I really like the AT as well as my other AI but for the money you should not have to go to hardware stores for screws. The cost of a screw is peanuts but that ain't the point.

Well I got a new addition today, 1 of only 6 Australia so far. sorry for the crap iphone pics will get some better ones later on.

I have a Spuhr sitting there ready and will be moving the S&B over to the AT and putting a 4-16 Steiner on the AE MKII

Interestingly the new AT/AX mag seems to be even shorter than the old AW/AX mag

Well I got a new addition today, 1 of only 6 Australia so far. sorry for the crap iphone pics will get some better ones later on.

I have a Spuhr sitting there ready and will be moving the S&B over to the AT and putting a 4-16 Steiner on the AE MKII

Interestingly the new AT/AX mag seems to be even shorter than the old AW/AX mag

Where abouts in Aus are you from mate? Im from Geelong, Victoria. My AT is at my agents place in Adelaide, ready to be posted to my place next week. Putting a Vortex Razor Gen II 4.5-27 on top as soon as Delta Tactical gets them in.

I really like the AT as well as my other AI but for the money you should not have to go to hardware stores for screws. The cost of a screw is peanuts but that ain't the point.
I added both of the spacers that came with my AI AXMC 308 and 2 screws were included that we're long enough to do the job! I think it was just an oversight at AI tring to get so many rifles exported ASAP after Shot. I you just contact them, I'm sure they'll take care of everyone.

No longer screws here either. I went to the local Ace and they didn't have anything longer, so it looks like a trip to the fastener supply place some time this week. The screws were...interesting. The ones in the stock were NOT the 4mm allen head cap screws they are said to be in the manual (weird), but the ones in the bag were (?). I think the only other thing weird was mine did not come with a 4mm allen wrench (not a big deal) as the manual stated. Then again, my FFL may have lost it since the packing material was in pieces when I went to go pick it up (I think he wasn't sure how to unpack it?).

Oh, the butt stock screws were M6x1 tpi

No longer screws here either. I went to the local Ace and they didn't have anything longer, so it looks like a trip to the fastener supply place some time this week. The screws were...interesting. The ones in the stock were NOT the 4mm allen head cap screws they are said to be in the manual (weird), but the ones in the bag were (?). I think the only other thing weird was mine did not come with a 4mm allen wrench (not a big deal) as the manual stated. Then again, my FFL may have lost it since the packing material was in pieces when I went to go pick it up (I think he wasn't sure how to unpack it?).

Oh, the butt stock screws were M6x1 tpi

My AT did not come with the longer LOP screws either. Fortunately, I have a ton of these AI screws and found the correct length I needed for the extra spacers. Just call up the distributor you bought the rifle from and they will send you the hardware you are missing.

I added both of the spacers that came with my AI AXMC 308 and 2 screws were included that we're long enough to do the job! I think it was just an oversight at AI tring to get so many rifles exported ASAP after Shot. I you just contact them, I'm sure they'll take care of everyone.

sib1948,
That may be the case for the AX. I know what you are saying but I checked the manual that came with the rifle and the length of the screws listed in the manual are the same as the ones that came with the rifle. Meaning even the manual doesn't list longer screws, so the ones that came with the rifle according to the manual are the correct length, they are just not long enough to add any spacers.

got the pic thing working...
this is my first six rds out of my new AT..."eyeballed" the bore sight and was on paper 1st round (the one low). made adjustments and shot the next 5 in that group. when I zeroed the scope caps the wind. was 1 click off center and the elv. was 5 moa off. shooting federal GMM 168gr. (shot hornady tap AMAX 168 and it also shot little groups).
very impressed with the rifle overall. bolt and trigger are great. the mag is great.
The only MINOR things I would like to/will change are: the cheek piece is slicker than "snot on a doorknob" when sweating. I know this sounds silly but it was a problem for me. I put some plast-dip on it and will see if it holds. If not will go with the victor grippy cheek. The rail is too high for me...no problem adjusting the cheek piece just don't like the scope that high from barrel. Since AI is addressing this it would be nice if they would swap them out when available.

AI AT 308, barrel cut and thread just past the flats (18 3/4), short bag is from McRee Prec. made by Tactical Tailor, longer bag is Triad Tactical, storm case 3100, Spuhr, NF NXS 5.5-22 MOAR, Atlas and spigot mount on the way....

Attachments

• IMG_3416.jpg
    IMG_3416.jpg
    794.4 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_3429.jpg
    IMG_3429.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 29
Last edited:
As per the pic the new mag that came with my AT is shorter than the other double stack AI mags I have so it's not in higher or anything it's just shorter. I have confirmed it does take 10 rounds. Though not as easily as the older longer mags

You have one of the new 9 round mags!

Look up the part numbers, the 10 rounder fits 11 and the new 9 fits 10. Don't ask me why.....

Just checked up the parts list and there is indeed a 9 round mag, mine fits 10 but it's a very tight squeeze so much so I doubt I will load 10 rounds into it.

Wonder why mine shipped with a 9 round rather than a 10 round magazine

AT Rail

We started machining the lower AT scope rails today, I think they turned out excellent. We ended up lowering them 1/4 of an inch and maintained 20 MOA, I don't think I wouldn't want to go much lower because the Aluminium would start getting flimsy . We will be heading to the platers tomorrow to get them black anodized hard coat. Anybody interested in one, OTM Tactical will be the official Hide distributor. We have about 15 available on the first run.

Attachments

• AT STD rail 001.jpg
    AT STD rail 001.jpg
    944.5 KB · Views: 28
  • AT STD rail 002.jpg
    AT STD rail 002.jpg
    948.7 KB · Views: 27
  • AT STD rail 003.jpg
    AT STD rail 003.jpg
    685.5 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
I will post some more pictures after we put the holes in for the action screws. We had to do that last so they were perpendicular with the top of the action and not the top of the scope rail.

I will post some more pictures after we put the holes in for the action screws. We had to do that last so they were perpendicular with the top of the action and not the top of the scope rail.

That would be fantastic. A comparison photo side by side with the OEM rail would also be nice.

I'm going to run a Spuhr SP-4001 with a Vortex Razor Gen2 4.5-27x56 and Adamount flipups. Your rail should bring it all down just nicely; I just hope I can get one to Australia :)

Cheers

Dan

I will take one also!! Please let us know when they are ready to be purchased!!

Here's a final picture without anodizing, let me know what you guys think. We will also be supplying shorter screws with the rail, grade 12.9 black oxide.

Attachments

• At pics 001.jpg
    At pics 001.jpg
    888.4 KB · Views: 26
  • At pics 002.jpg
    At pics 002.jpg
    885.6 KB · Views: 26
  • At pics 003.jpg
    At pics 003.jpg
    925 KB · Views: 23
Here's a final picture without anodizing, let me know what you guys think. We will also be supplying shorter screws with the rail, grade 12.9 black oxide.

This is outstanding! Can't wait to get one...

Still looking at $115 price point?

That really came out nice and is the perfect height for the AI AT. Nicely done!

Jake,

Are the rails made of 6061-T6 or 7075-T6 aluminum?

Thanks,
Darin

Thanks Jake, I am on the list.

Questions...Didn't the AI NA rep state that they were now putting a smaller rail on all AT rifles leaving the shop? Is your rail even smaller than the smaller rail AI was using? Thanks!!!!

John

Update on AT lower rails:
We are now shipping new AT's with a lower rail and a higher rail for use with the night vision bracket can be purchased as an accessory. Lower rails can also be ordered as an accessory
Contact our distributors

Tom Irwin
Accuracy international

I have no idea what the factory lower profile rail looks like, I was making a shorter one for myself and figured I would run I few extra off for a few others in the same situation. I knew AI was going to make one sooner or later I just wanted to help some people out in till then. I can't wait to see what there's look like!
Thanks Jake, I am on the list.

Questions...Didn't the AI NA rep state that they were now putting a smaller rail on all AT rifles leaving the shop? Is your rail even smaller than the smaller rail AI was using? Thanks!!!!

John

Can anybody please tell me what the weight of the new AI AT rifle in the corresponding configuration is? What does it really weight with for example 20" 308 barrel and folding stock?
Thanks

Called MHS today and they had no idea on a time frame for the rails. They told me that they had no information or knowledge of these becoming available any time soon. Hence, they said its impossible to order it "as an accessory."

Mr. Irwin,

Can you give some specifics about the rails? Specifically, what material are they going to be manufactured from, will they all be 20 MOA and most importantly what's the price going to be on them? Thanks.

Update on AT lower rails:
We are now shipping new AT's with a lower rail and a higher rail for use with the night vision bracket can be purchased as an accessory. Lower rails can also be ordered as an accessory
Contact our distributors

Tom Irwin
Accuracy international

Can anybody please tell me what the weight of the new AI AT rifle in the corresponding configuration is? What does it really weight with for example 20" 308 barrel and folding stock?
Thanks

I have that exact set-up and straight out of the box it was 12 lbs.

I also contacted EuroOptic about the low AI rails and they also said they have no idea when they will be available and have heard nothing from AI about them...

Would you guys be interested in a even lower rail that is steel with low profile high grade hardware? Kind of like the factory AE rails.

Called MHS today and they had no idea on a time frame for the rails. They told me that they had no information or knowledge of these becoming available any time soon. Hence, they said its impossible to order it "as an accessory."

Mr. Irwin,

Can you give some specifics about the rails? Specifically, what material are they going to be manufactured from, will they all be 20 MOA and most importantly what's the price going to be on them? Thanks.

Attachments

• AE.jpg
    AE.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 29
I have a question for anyone who owns an AT, or any gunsmiths out there who have handled one. Would there be any issues in cutting out a slot on the left hand side of the chassis to suit a left handed Remington 700 action/clone action?