• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Official Accuracy International AT First Look

My atlas came in and my rifle is complete (except for the lower rail). I'm saving up for a 6.5 barrel. Just wondering if any of y'all have switch barrels and if so how far off is the zero (from barrel to barrel) I read somewhere that the ax switch barrels were close. Any info is welcome.....thanks in advance

Ok. My three barrels factory .308 24",Dave tooley .243 24",&dave tooley .308 22". The factory barrel and the .243 are maybe 3mil apart. Now the tooley .308 is about 10 mils different. Barrels are not perfect. So if there is a difference. No BIG DEAL. Now if they do not repeat where the go every time. Then there is a problem. ( example )Like going from 10 mils to 1 mil back to 5 mil. If that makes sense. The example is just for one barrel.

Last edited:
Would you guys be interested in a even lower rail that is steel with low profile high grade hardware? Kind of like the factory AE rails.

Yes, absolutely. I'd actually be more interested in steel than aluminum. Although, I'm pretty sure the rail that comes on the AT is aluminum. I also like the über low rails on the AW/AE.

Thanks....I just need to figure out what length for the 6.5 and where to get one. Was looking at OTM. They have some 26s in stock that are threaded.

Ok. My three barrels factory .308 24",Dave tooley .243 24",&dave tooley .308 22". The factory barrel and the .243 are maybe 3mil apart. Now the tooley .308 is about 10 mils different. Barrels are not perfect. So if there is a difference. No BIG DEAL. Now if they do not repeat where the go every time. Then there is a problem. ( example )Like going from 10 mils to 1 mil back to 5 mil. If that makes sense. The example is just for one barrel.

Thanks....I just need to figure out what length for the 6.5 and where to get one. Was looking at OTM. They have some 26s in stock that are threaded.

Not or sure what the best length is for a 6.5 barrel or how OTM is. Look for a 6.5 blank and give Dave Tooley a shout on here. I sent him two barrels recently. Had quick turnaround time and great to deal with. Try bugholes for your blank.

looks like he has plenty 6.5 blanks. Pick your contour = http://bugholes.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=88_89

Last edited:
OTM will get R Gradous cut it any length you want, I just got my 22 inch threaded 6.5 CM barrel from them. It looks great and the contour is a lot closer to the factory AI with a longer chamber section so it could be set back.
Not or sure what the best length is for a 6.5 barrel or how OTM is. Look for a 6.5 blank and give Dave Tooley a shout on here. I sent him two barrels recently. Had quick turnaround time and great to deal with. Try bugholes for your blank.

looks like he has plenty 6.5 blanks. Pick your contour = BARRELS

Here's a pic of the barrels that OTM sells with there lower profile AT rail after hard coat.

Attachments

• AT rails 006.jpg
    AT rails 006.jpg
    630.8 KB · Views: 31
  • AT rails 007.jpg
    AT rails 007.jpg
    745.8 KB · Views: 28
The OTM barrels are chambered by Robert Gradous and his world famous reamers...

Jake, how far out are those rails? Looking good!

There ready I just inspected all of them after coating and there good to go. I will be shipping them out on monday priority mail to OTM.
The OTM barrels are chambered by Robert Gradous and his world famous reamers...

Jake, how far out are those rails? Looking good!

When you put back the barrel does anyone use the go - no go headspace gauges? (As stated in the handbook.) And if yes, what gauge caliber do you use for the AIAT standard barrels?

.308W or 7,62x51 Nato?

Well I managed to get to the range this afternoon after moving the S&B over to the AT to zero and test some hand loads. I used some left over 155gr match ammo after bore sighting the rifle to get it on paper.

I then swapped over to my hand loads and started with some pressure check loads (although the load I want to use works fine in my AE MKII this is a new rifle so I always start a little low and work up just to be safe) These are the first 3 pressure check rounds with have over 1 grain variance in powder charge. Even with such a difference in charge weight they still shot a little clover leaf at 100

This is the group after firing all 7 pressure check rounds on my way up to my working load these 7 rounds have over 2.5 grain variance in powder charge and the group still measures under 1"

I saw zero pressure signs and was happy so I moved onto the load I wanted to test. I was in a rush and due to personal circumstances have been very busy this past week so I basically went with the exact same load I use in my AE MKII and it turns out that it shoots just as well in the new AIAT. These are all loaded to Mag length and were Berger 175 OTM Tactical projectiles.

The group below was shot by a shooting buddy of mine as a confirmatory group

And this was my best group of the day.

I still find it incredible that these AI's seem to be so tolerant of variances in charge weights (my AE MKII acted the same way when working up loads shooting less than 1" with a large charge weight variance) It also made my life easy as I didn't have to mess around with different seating depths or powders etc, The Berger 175gr OTM's being designed to be very tolerant of jump probably helped too. Anyone that thinks AI's don't hang with customs hasn't shot one ;)

Last edited:
I still find it incredible that these AI's seem to be so tolerant of variances in charge weights (my AE MKII acted the same way when working up loads shooting less than 1" with a large charge weight variance) It also made my life easy as I didn't have to mess around with different seating depths or powders etc, The Berger 175gr OTM's being designed to be very tolerant of jump probably helped too. Anyone that thinks AI's don't hang with customs hasn't shot one ;)

I have seen the same thing! These rifles will shoot just about anything well! I went to the range yesterday with 4 different loads, consisting of Varget and IMR4064 powders and 175 SMKs, 168 A-Max and 178 BTHPs and every load was under 1/2 minute except for a few of the 178 Hornady loads (that I need to fine tune). I even shot a 3/4" group with some 150gr American Eagle my buddy had... Incredible.

Well I managed to get to the range this afternoon after moving the S&B over to the AT to zero and test some hand loads. I used some left over 155gr match ammo after bore sighting the rifle to get it on paper.

I then swapped over to my hand loads and started with some pressure check loads (although the load I want to use works fine in my AE MKII this is a new rifle so I always start a little low and work up just to be safe) These are the first 3 pressure check rounds with have over 1 grain variance in powder charge. Even with such a difference in charge weight they still shot a little clover leaf at 100

This is the group after firing all 7 pressure check rounds on my way up to my working load these 7 rounds have over 2.5 grain variance in powder charge and the group still measures under 1"

I saw zero pressure signs and was happy so I moved onto the load I wanted to test. I was in a rush and due to personal circumstances have been very busy this past week so I basically went with the exact same load I use in my AE MKII and it turns out that it shoots just as well in the new AIAT. These are all loaded to Mag length and were Berger 175 OTM Tactical projectiles.

The group below was shot by a shooting buddy of mine as a confirmatory group

And this was my best group of the day.

Nice shooting but why are you showing a group measuring outside to outside .358 on the calipers when there's two clear .308 diameter holes side by side of each other? Unless you zeroed the caliper with a bullet first?

Ordered my black 20" AT folder tonight. Already have a Vortex Razor HD II 4.5-27x56 for it. Really hoping to get jake6547's lower rail from OTM. I'm on their waiting list thing.

Then I can sort out which Spuhr mount I need.

What's the go to bipod setup for these?

Does anyone have a picture of an AT with thumbhole stocksides fitted? Also does anyone run an Atlas BT10-LW17 on the BT19 spigot with the BT20 rail kit? Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Does anyone have a picture of an AT with thumbhole stocksides fitted? Also does anyone run an Atlas BT10-LW17 on the BT19 spigot with the BT20 rail kit? Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you're looking at the BT19 w/rails, I would take a look at the Big Dog Steel Gen II AI Spigot mount Gen II AI Spigot Rail System I have one on my AT. Very well built design and rock solid

Yup as long as my scale is accurate. When i called to order it the guy weighed and got the same.

I just ordered mine today. This should work out perfectly.

Thanks go out to Jake and OTM for putting these together.

JP

About to pull the trigger, can't decide between a 20" or 24"er

Could always get the 24 and hack it down later if you want to go shorter. Really depends on what sorts of velocities your needs require and if you want to save a little weight for a few FPS. I like the 20" I'm running, if I need more distance than it can reach I can just throw the 260 barrel on.

I have a 24" barrel on my AT, took it out to 1350 yards yesterday and went 12 from 16 on an IDPA torso target, I do plan on getting a .260 barrel for it to though. Really comes down to what you want but I like having the extra velocity

About to pull the trigger, can't decide between a 20" or 24"er

I was thinking the same thing before I ordered mine and I probably would've gotten the 24" except EuroOptic only had 20" folders in stock when I was ready so that's what I went with. I couldn't be happier with it. It's very handy and the weight savings is nice. I'm getting right around 2600fps with hand loads and I shot my first match with it today out to 600 yards and almost got a perfect score.

I also plan on a 24" 260 barrel soon... Part of the reason I'm happy I got the 20" for 308, like [MENTION=85304]ZombieMonkey[/MENTION] said as well.

Got to shoot with some AI employees yesterday saw the AT AX and AX700 chassis. Can't wait till SHOT this year!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk