• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 12, 2001
    Base of the Rockies
    www.snipershide.com
    Official AT-X Thread

RED-ATX-RIFLE__89686.1634248503.png

The AT-X Rifle System is the newest addition to the Accuracy International lineup. This rifle was designed for one purpose: Provide AI shooters with a modular platform for precision rifle competitions. The action is identical to the AT & AX rifle systems but includes the AI 2-Stage Competition Trigger with a Heavy spring pre-installed (1.5-2.75 lbs). A Light spring is included that can be installed at the user level (12 oz to 1.5 lbs). The buttstock is fixed but can be upgraded to a folder with a hinge kit that will be available later this year. In addition, other accessories such as a short night vision bridge, full-bridge, and weights are in development.

Features:

ACTION: One-piece proofed steel action featuring AI’s patent-pending Quickloc quick release barrel system and 20 MOA STANAG 4694/Mil Std 1913 action rail (Low)

BARREL: Quickloc match-grade, stainless steel 4-groove barrel - machined in the UK.

BOLT: 6 lug, 60 degree bolt with AI combat proven leaf spring extractor.

FORE-END MOUNTING SYSTEM: AI’s patented KeySlot™ mounting system, rotated 45 degrees to allow drop-in rail accessories.

10 ROUND MAGAZINE: Double-Stack design: Corrosion-resistant steel with a low friction coating for complete reliability.

MAGAZINE WELL: Oversized cut-away magazine well for smooth, rapid magazine changes.

TRIGGER: AI Competition Trigger, Heavy spring kit installed (1.5 - 2.75 lbs.) Includes Light spring kit (12 oz to 1.5 lbs)

SAFETY: 3 position safety based on the design of the battle-proven AW system. The 3rd position locks the bolt and the 2nd position allows the bolt to be manipulated with minimal resistance while remaining on safe.

ACCESSORY RAILS: With AI's patented KeySlot™ system, including the new addition of Win Tac weights, and two Night Vision Bridges.

SLING POINTS: Quick detach flush cups, one located on each side of the buttstock. Additional KeySlot accessory rails w/flushcup can be added to the forend (not included).

CHEEK PIECE: Lateral/height adjustment. 3 mm hex key for refit and re-positioning of accessory rails.

BUTT PAD: Rotating and friction-locking mechanism for quick and tool-less pad height and angle adjustment. Pull length can be adjusted by 40mm with the addition of 10 and 20mm spacers.

STOCK: Fixed. The stock can be converted into a folder with an accessory hinge kit that will be released later this year.

Detailed Specifications:
    Caliber:6.5 Creedmoor, 24"
    Thread Pitch: 5/8x24
    Weight: 13 lbs w/out magazine
    Collapsed Length: 42.75"
    Length of Pull: 13-15.25" (2.25" adjustment)
    Rail Length: 17"
    Trigger: Accuracy International Competition Trigger, adjustable. 1.5-2.75lbs Heavy Spring , 12 oz to 1.5lbs Light Spring
    Safety: Accuracy International three position
    Rifle Barrel Twist: 1:8
    Rifle Stock: Fixed. AR pistol grip, Ergo. Adjustable length of pull and cheek height.
    Magazine: 10 Round, can be loaded through the ejection port
    Colors: Black, Dark Earth, Elite Sand, Red, Blue

Accuracy International Link

***This is a moderated thread, please be respectful, off-color posts will be removed.

Last edited:
    Edit number 2 or 3. Since this is the official tacked thread.
    Here’s an essential accessory :

Hey! Where da hinges at ?

And can we get torque wrench’s to the factory ?

Awesome rifle otherwise let my terrible self win the barricade stage multiple times.

5ABCBD8F-1794-4BD2-A9BB-7E1CDD096C68.jpeg

16ADCE4F-8E36-466E-B0AF-3F969B7DF7DB.jpeg

Crap are these off color ^ ? I don’t need banned again. I have no chill.

Edit to add a wallet pick as ole @reubenski calls em

75969D9F-9EA5-4CE7-BA43-15F4C3D57C19.png

A9505756-9EAB-4284-8FCF-6E9C1B92D042.jpeg

Last edited:
    This is how my brand new AT-X feeds 6.5CM and I’ve attached a pic of the fix when you send it back. This is what happens when you build and sell a batch thst’s out of spec !

Gotta love that bombproof AI reliability 😘😘😘

My brand new AT-X is doing exactly the same. Disappointing to say the least. What exactly was the fix? Some sort of adjustment or a new part? Thanks.

This is how my brand new AT-X feeds 6.5CM and I’ve attached a pic of the fix when you send it back. This is what happens when you build and sell a batch thst’s out of spec !

Gotta love that bombproof AI reliability 😘😘😘

Is it just me or is there a pretty decent hitch on the bolt close too? I remember my AX having that more than my AT.

What seria number range and what ammo? Mine feeds 140 brhp and eld and AMAX perfect.

Holy shit @Timo Turl

I have never seen an AI do anything like that. That is crazy. Glad u figured out the fix for it.

Reactions: Timo Turl
    You need to have a shim installed like the silver one you can see in the pic above. It has the hole for the screw to go through and is only a couple mm thick. That elevates the rear of the mag and it will then work.

Honestly, it’s a shit show. AI knows about this problem and instead of recalling them they continue to sell them in this state. F’ing joke.
    Did you have to send you’re entire rifle back to them? Or are they just sending out the shit now for people with these issues?

This is a pic of a 6.5CM in the mag. This is the 1st round of 10 when spring tension pushing up is at its greatest. You can see how little bolt to brass connection there is.

View attachment 7840714
    Thanks Timo, that is exactly what mine looks like. Will be onto the dealer tomorrow. After waiting nine months for the rifle and now dealing with this, I'm really angry. I hope someone from Accuracy International is reading this. Producing shit like this when folks have put down big money and waited long lead times is beyond unacceptable.

Early adopters always run the risk of things like this happening (ask me about the whole Burris XTR II thing). It's just part of the process unfortunately, and AI is apparently trying to make things right (as did Burris).

I'd suggest we take this discussion to the other AT-X thread in the discussion forum itself, to keep this one clean.

Early adopters always run the risk of things like this happening (ask me about the whole Burris XTR II thing). It's just part of the process unfortunately, and AI is apparently trying to make things right (as did Burris).

I'd suggest we take this discussion to the other AT-X thread in the discussion forum itself, to keep this one clean.
    Oh wow, then what is this thread for?

And I agree that shit happens, to early production and even mature production. Happens to every company.

The key is what the company does to rectify the situation and IMO a shim for a brand new rifle is not an adequate response.

Just my opinion, but faulty chassis should be swapped out for correct chassis and the faulty ones can be retrofitted w a shim and listed as such and sold at a discount.

My pre-production with 6x47L that I've been running for iver a year, no issues.

The DE that I gave a buddy, no issues with his 6.5CM. He shot his at the AI Classic last month.

I have a Black one that I received early December, 6.5x47L. Just ran some rounds from 4 different mags right now, AW's and AX's, no issues.

Though @MarinePMI Elite Sand did come from my order. He got his Nov/ Dec.

@hic28 Hasn't had any feeding issues with his rifle. Which he mainly shoots his 6x47L and 6.5CM

Reactions: Timo Turl
    My pre-production with 6x47L that I've been running for iver a year, no issues.

The DE that I gave a buddy, no issues with his 6.5CM. He shot his at the AI Classic last month.

I have a Black one that I received early December, 6.5x47L. Just ran some rounds from 4 different mags right now, AW's and AX's, no issues.

Though @MarinePMI Elite Sand did come from my order. He got his Nov/ Dec.

@hic28 Hasn't had any feeding issues with his rifle. Which he mainly shoots his 6x47L and 6.5CM
    And just put a new barrel on, no issues in testing, gonna shoot it tomorrow and Sunday
    View attachment 7840848
    Well, its good to know its not endemic and they either caught the problem and resolved it or you guys got yours before the problem arose. Glad to hear that.

However, clearly they have released some less than spot on chassis and have acknowledged that there is a problem with these units based on them supplying a shim.

I'm not a machinist in any manner or form but I do wonder how this could have happened to just a some limited number of chassis since they are CNC machined...well, unless someone ran an out of date program or just fucked up in some other way.

Cheers

The shim needs to be 1.5 mm

Make a template of the shape of the base of the mag catch and copy that with 5mm hole for the mag latch bolt

Once the shim is in place it raises the mag and allows reliable bolt pick up and no rattle of mag

The only part that needs altering is the mag latch (1.5mm longer than it is now ) if it were to be done as a retro fix by the factory for those affected

Adding the shim effectively raises the latch by that distance

Reactions: Dee-Rex
    Reactions: deersniper
    Asked in the other thread as well, but what is the correct part number for the rail attachment for the short bridge?

Folding hinges start shipping next week (Per Scott @ AINA), and the current 3rd Gen AT-X's I believe have knobs now, instead of socket head screws, allowing toolless adjustments for comb and LOP.
    Is there a way I can get on the order list for this?

1BFE0496-36EC-4393-8DEB-30A69137FF5F.jpeg

Alright question about the bolt. If you zoom in there are three pinhole’s on the rim of the bolt face… anyone know what these are?

Ill take the risk of getting shit on...

Anybody cleaning their barrel by just taking it off the rifle? POA/POI deviation > 0.5MOA?

Anyone get their folders yet? I'm a recent back order so I imagine I'm at the bottom of the list... Just curious if anyone has one yet

Damn I'll call them this morning... Must not have had enough to fill all the backorder

Can you post some pictures when you get it it installed
    My blue and red.

Ok guys, just put the forend rail on mine. What have I done wrong here? Do I need part number AI29394 for the action rail?

And anyone know the torque specs on these parts?

Attachments

• 2075ADBE-25FC-40F6-916B-1E35A924321F.jpeg
      2075ADBE-25FC-40F6-916B-1E35A924321F.jpeg
      388.6 KB · Views: 295
    Last edited: