• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Pics to get ya fired up on Predator season !!

Re: Pics to get ya fired up on Predator season !!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 762frmafr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not as big of a predator as you guys kill, but they sure do play hell with the rabbit and quail population around here....smoked this one with a 90 grain Berger going 3100fps from my 22-243AI.

kitty.jpg
</div></div>

great now we will have no more video's to entertain us....
<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/J---aiyznGQ"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/J---aiyznGQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PinkGunsRSilly</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
great now we will have no more video's to entertain us....
<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/J---aiyznGQ"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/J---aiyznGQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object> </div></div>
Clearly yours is a different cat...mine being a calico and yours being an orange tabby.

This one took it very well!

IMG_0360-1.jpg

got rollin' in NY early this year (our season opens Oct 1st)
Openingcoyote2010124.jpg

me & b.i.l.
Openingcoyote2010059.jpg

nuther one...
Openingcoyote2010074.jpg

Couldn't wait for deer season to end, so went callin' at night & popped one with the .22mag...
22magcoyote004.jpg

Now that ML deer is closed, back to the rifles & IT's ON like donkey kong!!!

Ohhh SHIT IT'S ON! I'm heading out tonight to take advantage of the full moon and snow cover. Hope to add some pics tomorrow!

Good shooting guys, very impressive!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sendero_man</div><div class="ubbcode-body">more great pics... would be great to try calling in Africa
cool.gif
</div></div>

called that jackal when i was in africa. its the same as we call here in the states. hahah. would have had two jackals but the second i saw cross the road about 700 yards out and never came in.

My calling pardner and I set out early this am to put it down on a great pc of property just on the south edge of KS. Overall, it was an extremely rough day. 9 dogs called and believe it or not, only one good shot out of the 9 (it was a miss by me).

What saved the day is this very nice bobcat that just couldn't resist the Burnham Brothers call. 50gr V Max (HSM) to the chest at 50yrds put him down in a pile.

The calling was rough and we mixed it up as to where we called this property, but we had dogs coming in. We really fought the wind. Any other day and at least 5 of these dogs would have probably been text book takes like the cat was. That's how it goes.

Not the greatest pics, but this cat crossed the frozen drink instead of walking around it. It wasn't very big at all.

Haven't weighed the cat, but at least 26lbs. Biggest bobcat I have taken to date. Not the best color, but biggest.

IMG_0475.jpg

IMG_0474.jpg

remember my christmas day coyote??? welll... this is the new years day dog! got him the last sit of the day. start the new year off right!! 40gr nosler ballistic tip!

DSCN0364.jpg

Last night was clear and cold, no moon. We left about 9pm and hit some of our favorite spots, but it seemed like nothing was moving. We were at the last spot, headed home, when my partner said, "I got eyes. Get your rifle, I'll stay on him with the light." Got prone on a snowbank, guessed at 250-300 yards, and shot. I thought the critter rolled downhill, my partner had the light on it and says it never tumbled. Eyes still open, looking at us, so I shot again and the green lights went out.
Long hike down/across/up the canyon for a nicely furred little dog.

photo.jpg

1911fan

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sendero_man</div><div class="ubbcode-body">259 yards 6mm Crusader
</div></div>

no pics?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sendero_man</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
coyote2011_009.jpg
</div></div>
sweet pic, love the back drop. What kinda gun? i think i see your post on predatormasters too

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JCH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">pretty sure that is his 6mm Crusader </div></div>

yes it is... GAP 6mm Crusader

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sendero_man</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
coyote2011_009.jpg
</div></div> im pretty jealous of your weather! ha. and everything else that state has to offer!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: richieraby</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sendero_man</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
coyote2011_009.jpg
</div></div> im pretty jealous of your weather! ha. and everything else that state has to offer! </div></div>

Wolves... you can have them ! LOL

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sendero_man</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: richieraby</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sendero_man</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
coyote2011_009.jpg
</div></div> im pretty jealous of your weather! ha. and everything else that state has to offer! </div></div>

Wolves... you can have them ! LOL </div></div>

ill take those too! haha. i was in montana last year for the first wolf season... well the 2009 season. no luck. public hunting, snow on the ground and a full moon the whole week! unfortunately that was teh only time i could make it out there. i had a blast though and had a great time in that nice country.

Real nice, ridge! Great picture!

Shot this one w Rem R5 308 w Nikon scope, 165gr SST.
IMG_0196.jpg

Nice cats, guys!!!
from Oklahoma...
OPHA2011067.jpg

1st coyote with the .25DTI...(6.8SPC necked down & improved to 30 deg)
OPHA2011017.jpg

and one with the 17Predator...
OPHA2011001.jpg

Nice work Fred! How are you liking the DTI, I was just about to get Mike to build me a 243 wssm but was considering the DTI stuff as well...

thanks Cody!
A couple coyotes is really too small a sample size to gauge it, but those 75Vmaxs @ 3150 sure shoot well & give a nice meat report on impact. They all folded like lawn chairs.
Mostly, I like that the cartridge runs well from a short barrel, prolly the biggest asset for a predator caller. The fact that a quarter bore makes coyotes get flat in a hurry is what I was used to with my 25Wizzer. This .25DTI uses 30% less powder than the 25Wizzer, yet provides within 10% of the speed...from 4" less barrel. Pretty sound compromise, IMHO and the coyotes don't seem to feel the difference any...

Keep after them pretty cats!

Here is three CA coyote's taken this year while hunting with two friends. We each got one. It was a good hunt, with every body getting some shooting in.
IMG_0476.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: knockemdown</div><div class="ubbcode-body">thanks Cody!
A couple coyotes is really too small a sample size to gauge it, but those 75Vmaxs @ 3150 sure shoot well & give a nice meat report on impact. They all folded like lawn chairs.
Mostly, I like that the cartridge runs well from a short barrel, prolly the biggest asset for a predator caller. The fact that a quarter bore makes coyotes get flat in a hurry is what I was used to with my 25Wizzer. This .25DTI uses 30% less powder than the 25Wizzer, yet provides within 10% of the speed...from 4" less barrel. Pretty sound compromise, IMHO and the coyotes don't seem to feel the difference any...

Keep after them pretty cats! </div></div>

I found a Dtech 243wssm in town this week and was able to get it in a trade. I've only had it for a couple of days and have shot it just enough to zero the scope but I think it is going to be a winner...

I made it out for a couple stands this morning, called two but only got one on the ground. Saving the bobcats for later I guess...

Feb%2012%20-%20Coyote-Small.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cbosshog79</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I found a Dtech 243wssm in town this week and was able to get it in a trade. I've only had it for a couple of days and have shot it just enough to zero the scope but I think it is going to be a winner...

I made it out for a couple stands this morning, called two but only got one on the ground. Saving the bobcats for later I guess...

Feb%2012%20-%20Coyote-Small.jpg
</div></div>
cbosshog79, how is that 243 wssm feeding? 100% reliable? Any Failure to Feed issues?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ranger1183</div><div class="ubbcode-body">cbosshog79, how is that 243 wssm feeding? 100% reliable? Any Failure to Feed issues? </div></div>

I only have about 50 rounds through it but have had no issues thus far. I got it from a neighbor and he had probably 200 or so rounds down the barrel with no issues either.

I shot another coyote with it this morning and it did it's job as good as could be expected...

Feb-19%20Coy2A.jpg