• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Pics to get ya fired up on Predator season !!

Re: Pics to get ya fired up on Predator season !!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: futurerider103</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm not opposed to shooting the yotes but what do you do with them afterwards? Do people eat them or what? </div></div>

Sell the hide or if they're mangy, leave 'em lay. "You" could eat one....I won't...grin...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: futurerider103</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm not opposed to shooting the yotes but what do you do with them afterwards? Do people eat them or what? </div></div>

turtle soup is better, but BBQ coyote backstrap is quite tasty !

skin the good ones, i make plenty of xtra cash for all my reloading supplies when the dogs prime up, which is why you only c me killin em when the fur is valuable, unless they become a problem...
sorry sendero man for not contributing to this thread a bit more... but for some reason all my kills are ending up on HD video!!!
got some wicked kill footage this mornin..., when most would be snuggled up warm in their bed, the truck thermometer temp read... -16, pretty sure i wasn't dressed for the occasion, but none the less, a running 350yd shot was taken...
i should post some pics, the round literally burned a strip of fur right behind the shoulder blades until it met the back of the dogs head.
it will be featured in the next DVD...
O'Neill Ops teams up with TBAC in,
Predator Hunting: Suppressed II

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: skinney</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: futurerider103</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm not opposed to shooting the yotes but what do you do with them afterwards? Do people eat them or what? </div></div>
skin the good ones, i make plenty of xtra cash for all my reloading supplies when the dogs prime up, which is why you only c me killin em when the fur is valuable, unless they become a problem...
sorry sendero man for not contributing to this thread a bit more... but for some reason all my kills are ending up on HD video!!!
got some wicked kill footage this mornin..., when most would be snuggled up warm in their bed, the truck thermometer temp read... -16, pretty sure i wasn't dressed for the occasion, but none the less, a running 350yd shot was taken...
i should post some pics, the round literally burned a strip of fur right behind the shoulder blades until it met the back of the dogs head.
it will be featured in the next DVD...
Predator Hunting: Suppressed II </div></div>

Dam bro... you need a guest hunter ??
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: skinney</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Predator Hunting: Suppressed II </div></div>

THAT'S WHAT I LIKE TO HEAR! OR NOT HEAR!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sendero_man</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Dam bro... you need a guest hunter ??
grin.gif
</div></div>
we might have to work something out, once things slow down, after i start pushing the vids out... we might ruin you out here shooting suppressed, i heard for some odd reason, you guys cant kill em with cans in Wyo...

This is my first yote using a caller. I have always shot em randomly out in farm fields before, but calling them in kicks ass! After about 5 minutes this one came in hot to the decoy caller set up. I'm hooked!
059.jpg

I've never shot a badger. I have heard they have a really bad temper? Nice shootin on your double, congrats.

Dug up this old picture. I rolled this pretty female while in college, made a nice rug too!

100_0316.jpg

The fatal blow was delivered by the right front tire of a '99 1/2 ton dodge ram @ 60 mph! Didn't leave a single hole for the taxidermist to sew up!

No rug pics gimme time and ill get some she was a pretty yote

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 40gr Yote Pill</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've never shot a badger. I have heard they have a really bad temper? Nice shootin on your double, congrats. </div></div>
they sure do! haha. thank you!

wow..nice shot no magnification

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Super Bee 950</div><div class="ubbcode-body">200 Yards with an EO-Tech.

6346352298_062a1c6103_z.jpg

</div></div>

Great pics now that deer season is wrapping up gonna get started on the predators. Called a little last weekend no luck pretty tough hunting coyotes in the ozarks where i hunt 50yds is a long shot.

Nice pics, goin callin on monday, hopefully I'll get lucky...but I guess that's why they call it hunting and not killing.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: aaronb</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Great pics now that deer season is wrapping up gonna get started on the predators. Called a little last weekend no luck pretty tough hunting coyotes in the ozarks where i hunt 50yds is a long shot. </div></div>
id stick with the shotgun...

Here's is my first one called in for the season. Couldn't find my Ruffi-dawg, I think the boy was playing with it, call so I just grabbed up a Primos cottontail distress, it worked. Savage 12 FCV 22-250, Leupold VXR 4-12x40, 40gr Nosler Ballistic tip over 37.8gr of Reloder 15, 4032fps.
IMG_0440.jpg

The dog came in to 70 yards from the downwind side behind my back. I was getting ready to leave for another set when I saw her over my shoulder. This was my first experience where I saw scent control measures tested. I think if I hadn't sprayed up she would have busted me long before I saw her.

we've been pounding the dogs out here as well, but when it gets to dark to get footage, we review, edit and render the footage... notice the website on the right screen... we'll post some pics of todays kills soon.

joenjameseditingvideo.jpg

definitely cant wait for that dvd either!

in the mean time... we double tapped this pretty female the other day...
doubletap.jpg

and this is the first mangy dog for me...
mangy.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PKR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here's is my first one called in for the season. Couldn't find my Ruffi-dawg, I think the boy was playing with it, call so I just grabbed up a Primos cottontail distress, it worked. Savage 12 FCV 22-250, Leupold VXR 4-12x40, 40gr Nosler Ballistic tip over 37.8gr of Reloder 15, 4032fps.
IMG_0440.jpg

The dog came in to 70 yards from the downwind side behind my back. I was getting ready to leave for another set when I saw her over my shoulder. This was my first experience where I saw scent control measures tested. I think if I hadn't sprayed up she would have busted me long before I saw her. </div></div>

Nice rifle...really like your FJ too.

Should have several pics to submit late tomorrow! Hit'n some good very south KS river property. Should be good for a cat or two and 10 dogs. Fingers crossed it comes together for us!

Nailed 3 last night on a small plot of ground in 2 1/2 hours, but all were nasty as heck with mange and didnt bother to check em out other than from a distance.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GUNNER75</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Should have several pics to submit late tomorrow! Hit'n some good very south KS river property. Should be good for a cat or two and 10 dogs. Fingers crossed it comes together for us!

Nailed 3 last night on a small plot of ground in 2 1/2 hours, but all were nasty as heck with mange and didnt bother to check em out other than from a distance. </div></div>

Wade... how did it go ? been tougher calling here with all the warm weather. was in the 50's this week
crazy.gif

Reset all our traps, deer and elk have finally moved down so hopefully the cats will be finding the traps soon.
smile.gif
Calling has been SLOWWWW, hopefully it cools down and hunting picks up.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sendero_man</div><div class="ubbcode-body">lets get some 2012 pics up !! </div></div>

since you insist Sendero man, i'll humbly post the first pic of 2012... the dogs aren't responding nearly as aggressive as when its -10 with snow... it makes calling a bit harder, but it doesn't mean you cant locate em with some good glass and put on a nice sneak!!!

whitetipcoyote.jpg

Gun specs. above skinney?

We have yet to go out here, it got up to 63 here today and our deer are just starting to rut as well. Feb. we will get going.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Night Hunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gun specs. above skinney?
</div></div>
Rem 700SA
chambered in Rem 260
1:8twst Shilen ultra match
Manners T5A w/mini chassis & DBM
Shilen trigger
Badger 20moa mount, & Badger high rings
NXS 3.5-15X56 MOA MOA
it likes the 139 Scenars
of course suppressed!!!

Re: Pics to get ya fired up Predator season !!

Question for you guys - are most of your shots off-hand or are you able to lie prone on a rest?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RedRyder</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Question for you guys - are most of your shots off-hand or are you able to lie prone on a rest? </div></div>
i carry both swivel bipods, tall (13.5-27") and short (9-13"), sometimes it works out sitting up, while other times i'm prone so i don't skyline, sometimes i shoot off my ruck, and others i have to make the freehand, every scenario is different, but that's how i like it, i have to be adaptive, since i cant always make my hide when and where i like, its best to have every option available.

9864.jpg
[/img]
Not mine but taken from a relatives trailcam in flat rock alabama. Too bad we dont have a season for these fellas

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RedRyder</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Question for you guys - are most of your shots off-hand or are you able to lie prone on a rest? </div></div>

It's really hard to lay prone in the front seat of the truck. The mirror makes for a good rest.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: caleb flanagan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
9864.jpg
[/img]
Not mine but taken from a relatives trailcam in flat rock alabama. Too bad we dont have a season for these fellas </div></div>

Of course it was. That pic has been floating around the internet for years with every possible state mentioned.

That pic is not mine nor am i claiming to be the guy that took it i just recieved it from an in laws uncle and took him at his word

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: caleb flanagan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
9864.jpg
[/img]
Not mine but taken from a relatives trailcam in flat rock alabama. Too bad we dont have a season for these fellas </div></div>

Yep, that one has been around...

Off topic, but where you hunt and shoot around Rainbow City? We have a lot of property in Etowah and St. Clair Counties.

here you go sandero!

i brought the whip back from kansas and i took this poser picture out calling last weekend...
whip.jpg

and this dog we worked in to about 15 feet...
dogwhip.jpg

2012-01-08_08-39-17_360.jpg

Calling has been extremely tough lately. Between the pressure and local weather it just hasn't produced.

My calling partner (in the pic) called some of the very best SW KS area near the OK boarder. 10,000 plus acres, just awesome country. We just couldn't pull em in.

Two days ago we ran out for a short morning trip and called 3 dogs in 5 sets. We were home by 11am. Weather turned and they were coming in ok, but took awhile.

This is the cleanest of the three and still a mess. He ran a new .204 AR and it's tough on hide at close range when poking bone.

We passed a rather famous calling crew in our area on the way to our KS/OK spot. I FB'd them and mentioned we were calling as well. As it turns out, we caught up with them
later that day and they didnt do any better than we did. We are fairly seasoned callers, but makes you wonder when a for sure plan just doesn't pan out. There is a little satisfaction
when the celebrity crew doesn't do any better!

356yrds. 7mm08/162AMAX. Using the new HDMR with G2 reticle. Softball size exit hole!

doggie.jpg

Whats the white stuff around the yote?
wink.gif
Hopefully we get a bunch this weekend. Nice coyote

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gadbmw</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Whats the white stuff around the yote?
wink.gif
Hopefully we get a bunch this weekend. Nice coyote </div></div>

Yeah...anyway, where the hell is our snow!

Ha! It only lasted a day or two, and was only a little over an inch. Id love to see 6"+!

prone with the suppressed 260 and the trusty circe,
hardchargercalling.jpg

brought this coyote,
hardcharger.jpg

within 200yds,
hardchargerII.jpg

I let the 260 do work, and put this dog to sleep.
hardchargerthekill.jpg

hardchargerboom.jpg

coyoteninja.jpg