• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Project Black Tactical Respirators

Lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 12, 2001
    Base of the Rockies
    www.snipershide.com
    Project Black
    TR2_Side_Guns.jpg

Guys, using a mask or respirator with a rifle has certain limitations. Being able to get the proper cheek weld and eye relief being the top two. Project Black is releasing new masks for the modern shooter.

Project Black TR2 Spec Sheet
    Rich_Ground.jpg

FIRING RANGE: Aerosolized Lead
    BREACH TRAINING: Asbestos / Mold / Explosives Dust
    PATROL & TRANSPORT: Environmental Pollution / Road Dust / Exhaust Particles

No Training Scars
    • Low profile minimizes cheek-weld interference
    • Low-riding seal is eyewear compatible
    Superior Field Performance
    • 99% Effective (NIOSH N99 Expected)
    • Very breathable even during strenuous activity
    • Simple filter replacement
    Designed for Configurability
    • Multiple strap options for varying kit setups
    • Compatible with Invisio® headsets
    • Mic integration for Peltor® headsets
    Comfortable for Extended Use
    • Soft-touch medical-grade silicone
    • Works well with facial hair

THE TR2 SETS A NEW STANDARD IN TACTICAL RESPIRATORY PROTECTION. Developed in collaboration with Tier 1 operators, it provides a better means of protection while training in compromised environments.

Flatlay-Labelled_Mask_Filter_Mic_-v02_tightcrop_1296x.png

Today’s special operations forces understand the importance of protecting their lungs – however, they cannot afford to compromise their ability to execute effectively. This is the foundation upon which the TR2 was designed. By offering a low profile design that’s easy to don and integrates seamlessly with varying kit configurations, the TR2 is the most adoptable respirator for tactical units.

TR2_Banner-NoGun_CasualStand01_1296x.png

Works with Facial Hair

It is proven to be range-ready through hours of active testing with special forces operators. It is more compact, comfortable, and breathable than any other respirator. If you are a special forces operator, SWAT officer, or from another tactical unit, the Tactical Respirator II is the best defense your lungs have.

This will become a new standard for not only the military but law enforcement. The need to protect yourself in a variety of situations means we have to find new solutions.

Project Black TR 1

PLIE9321-1080p_1296x.jpg

The original Tactical Respirator.
    • Compact form factor minimizes training scars
    • Replaceable electrostatic filter is 98.6% effective
    • Eyewear compatible
    • Medical-grade silicone seal
    • Adjustable earloop straps allow the TR1 to be donned and doffed without helmet removal
    training_scars_1296x.png

Included:
    • TR1 Mask
    • 3 Electrostatic Filters
    • Carrying Pouch
    NVGs2_1296x.png

Both the TR1 and TR2 are available for pre-order

Available for Pre-order:
    • Pre-orders begin shipping Summer 2020.
    • Orders will be fulfilled on a first-come-first-serve basis. Pre-order now to reserve your spot in the queue.
    • A maximum of 50 units may be pre-ordered at this time (for larger orders, please contact [email protected]
    • Pre-orders are non-refundable (Refund Policy)
    Link for Sniper's Hide Members to Follow This will support the site.

About: Project Black
    Project Black is a research and design team dedicated to giving military and law enforcement the best respirators. Our core mission is to ensure you can protect yourself without compromising performance. We work day in, day out with Tier 1 elite operators and subject matter experts to execute this mission. We are the tip of the spear when it comes to defusing hazardous airborne particles.

As someone that works in an industry that requires mask fitting, any mask and any facial hair below the corners of the mounth is a NO. You won't have a proper seal unless you silicone it to your face.
    So you fit your people with masks or does someone else do it?

Darth Vader approved.

Also, the link to the Project Black TR1 link is going to the TR2 webpage.

Last edited:
    I used 1/2 faced and full face supplied air respirators for 21 years, plus Uncle Sam's gas masks to include that lovely silicone based POS that required a skull cap to stay in place.

None of them worked with anything more than a moustache or at most 2 days beard growth.
    I'd love to know how they got around facial hair fucking with the ability to form a proper seal.
    Inquiring minds want to know.

Interesting concept, but the TRL2 seems a bit pricey for what you are getting. Perhaps because of the current craziness?

If you really need it go for a proper full face respirator and mount one of these no cheek weld stocks , this jockstrap pretending to be a respirator is just bonkers

Interesting concept, but the TRL2 seems a bit pricey for what you are getting. Perhaps because of the current craziness?

Never let a crisis go to waste.

A lot of pressure being applied right now to change our way of life/doing things.

This makes sense if lead is an issue at your range due to it A) Being indoors B) not having proper ventilation for the amount of use.

This is taking advantage of the current craziness.

Im not on board with whats being discussed in changing our lives - "Will Americans ever go to a movie again?", "Will Americans ever fly again?", "Will restaurants have to change how they do business?", "Will Americans ever shake hands again?"

We got screwed after 9/11 by accepting the BS of.........."Its for your safety".

I dont want this to be Patriot Act II.

I like the motivation behind improved shooting with a mask on. Shooting irons with a pro-mask was one of the most frustrating things I ever had to do.

Reactions: simonp
    As someone that works in an industry that requires mask fitting, any mask and any facial hair below the corners of the mounth is a NO. You won't have a proper seal unless you silicone it to your face.

I beg to differ. I get fit tested regularly and am in a position to “bend the rules” and do some abnormal testing. I have pasted fit test with a full beard and mustache on more than one occasion. I’m not talking marginally either. If a person knows how to play with fitment and do positive and negative pressure checks it is absolutely possible to get a good seal on a respirator with facial hair. Would I do it in an IDLH environment, no. But for particulates and organic/acid vapors absolutely.

Never let a crisis go to waste.

A lot of pressure being applied right now to change our way of life/doing things.

This makes sense if lead is an issue at your range due to it A) Being indoors B) not having proper ventilation for the amount of use.

This is taking advantage of the current craziness.

Im not on board with whats being discussed in changing our lives - "Will Americans ever go to a movie again?", "Will Americans ever fly again?", "Will restaurants have to change how they do business?", "Will Americans ever shake hands again?"

We got screwed after 9/11 by accepting the BS of.........."Its for your safety".

I dont want this to be Patriot Act II.

There is no new normal for me...there is normal. I was first in line at our tavern last night. Inside dining was "allowed". I have been giving our Governor the middle finger since it began. People over all the time/BBQs/Range time....fuck their new normal. I wear a mask when I am required to but have found merchants that don't enforce it in my AO so I go there when I need to shop.

I have another reason to buy a mask like this though....

There is no new normal for me...there is normal. I was first in line at our tavern last night. Inside dining was "allowed". I have been giving our Governor the middle finger since it began. People over all the time/BBQs/Range time....fuck their new normal. I wear a mask when I am required to but have found merchants that don't enforce it in my AO so I go there when I need to shop.

I make them tell me I must wear it.
    Most don't say a word.

Reactions: Aftermath
    Had to use my TR1 the other day to get a haircut. I have to say I was surprised at how easy it was to breathe with it on(yes, I did put the filter in)

Holy shit, I doubt even Dr Fauci would spend $225 for a mask.

Oh, IDK, OpsCore charges a similar price for their SOTR (if you opt for the "lite" version that can't support comms).

I actually think the OpsCore one is better, since it has more of a standard O2 mask footprint (fits fully around the chin) and has similar mounting options (for ballistc and bump type helmets).

If you really need it go for a proper full face respirator and mount one of these no cheek weld stocks , this jockstrap pretending to be a respirator is just bonkers

Truth. Avon M53A1 FTW. Without eye protection, you’re just larping.

fuck Dr. Fauci. either you need a mask or you don’t. and today, you really don’t....but when you do (and the day is coming), Aunt Judy’s Quilt Contraptions aren’t going to do shit.

Attachments

• BD99A6A7-1E03-4A5A-BC51-20AA078E7EEE.jpeg
      BD99A6A7-1E03-4A5A-BC51-20AA078E7EEE.jpeg
      79.7 KB · Views: 203

i’m not scared of the WuFlu. But CBRNE preparedness is a good thing, and practicing regularly with tools that will save your life if properly employed is just a good idea. Plus when Karens screech at me for not wearing a mask, donning and clearing a full hooded M53A1 with laser protective lenses and a VPU that makes you want to say “Luuuke...I am your father” in the middle of Meijer generally shuts them right the fuck up.

Reactions: Cacciatore
    i’m not scared of the WuFlu. But CBRNE preparedness is a good thing, and practicing regularly with tools that will save your life if properly employed is just a good idea. Plus when Karens screech at me for not wearing a mask, donning and clearing a full hooded M53A1 with laser protective lenses and a VPU that makes you want to say “Luuuke...I am your father” in the middle of Meijer generally shuts them right the fuck up.
    Nice...I have had only one Karen experience. When I got in her face and started yelling back ...she backed the fuck off and quick.

Someone has been watching to many movies

1596490833033.jpeg
    1596490833033.jpeg

With any mask where you can check the seal at every use, facial hair just depends. As a volunteer firefighter I could have a half inch of facial hair and still get a complete seal with an SCBA. For the respirators I use for sanding/painting I can get a good seal with about the same amount of facial hair. The silicon ones work a lot better than the cheaper plastic ones.

If you cannot verify the seal at every use, I would not risk facial hair. I also understand why industry chooses not to trust people and simply forbids facial hair.

Reactions: kcrippen
    I bought the TR2. I'm pretty happy with it. It seals well. The first time I used it I found the above the chin seal to be kind of strange but by the second time I wore it I became used to it.

Project Black
    View attachment 7299170

Guys, using a mask or respirator with a rifle has certain limitations. Being able to get the proper cheek weld and eye relief being the top two. Project Black is releasing new masks for the modern shooter.

Project Black TR2 Spec Sheet
    View attachment 7299175
    FIRING RANGE: Aerosolized Lead
    BREACH TRAINING: Asbestos / Mold / Explosives Dust
    PATROL & TRANSPORT: Environmental Pollution / Road Dust / Exhaust Particles

No Training Scars
    • Low profile minimizes cheek-weld interference
    • Low-riding seal is eyewear compatible
    Superior Field Performance
    • 99% Effective (NIOSH N99 Expected)
    • Very breathable even during strenuous activity
    • Simple filter replacement
    Designed for Configurability
    • Multiple strap options for varying kit setups
    • Compatible with Invisio® headsets
    • Mic integration for Peltor® headsets
    Comfortable for Extended Use
    • Soft-touch medical-grade silicone

THE TR2 SETS A NEW STANDARD IN TACTICAL RESPIRATORY PROTECTION. Developed in collaboration with Tier 1 operators, it provides a better means of protection while training in compromised environments.

Flatlay-Labelled_Mask_Filter_Mic_-v02_tightcrop_1296x.png

Today’s special operations forces understand the importance of protecting their lungs – however, they cannot afford to compromise their ability to execute effectively. This is the foundation upon which the TR2 was designed. By offering a low profile design that’s easy to don and integrates seamlessly with varying kit configurations, the TR2 is the most adoptable respirator for tactical units.

TR2_Banner-NoGun_CasualStand01_1296x.png

Works with Facial Hair

It is proven to be range-ready through hours of active testing with special forces operators. It is more compact, comfortable, and breathable than any other respirator. If you are a special forces operator, SWAT officer, or from another tactical unit, the Tactical Respirator II is the best defense your lungs have.

This will become a new standard for not only the military but law enforcement. The need to protect yourself in a variety of situations means we have to find new solutions.

Project Black TR 1

PLIE9321-1080p_1296x.jpg

The original Tactical Respirator.
    • Compact form factor minimizes training scars
    • Replaceable electrostatic filter is 98.6% effective
    • Eyewear compatible
    • Medical-grade silicone seal
    • Adjustable earloop straps allow the TR1 to be donned and doffed without helmet removal
    training_scars_1296x.png

Included:
    • TR1 Mask
    • 3 Electrostatic Filters
    • Carrying Pouch
    NVGs2_1296x.png

Both the TR1 and TR2 are available for pre-order

Available for Pre-order:
    • Pre-orders begin shipping Summer 2020.
    • Orders will be fulfilled on a first-come-first-serve basis. Pre-order now to reserve your spot in the queue.
    • A maximum of 50 units may be pre-ordered at this time (for larger orders, please contact [email protected]
    • Pre-orders are non-refundable (Refund Policy)
    Link for Sniper's Hide Members to Follow This will support the site.

About: Project Black
    Project Black is a research and design team dedicated to giving military and law enforcement the best respirators. Our core mission is to ensure you can protect yourself without compromising performance. We work day in, day out with Tier 1 elite operators and subject matter experts to execute this mission. We are the tip of the spear when it comes to defusing hazardous airborne particles.

So the filtration rating is "expected"? Says it works with facial hair but I would question the skin to silicone seal interface if hair was at the boundary of those two contacting surfaces.

Interesting product.