• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

R BROS build

Bluejazz

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 8, 2009
IOWA
IMG_1132.jpg

This is a rifle that Travis of R BROS rifles built me last year. I had not shot it much due to magbox feeding issue with the Seekins boxes and shoulder surgury in Jan of this year.
Mounted my scope this evening and zeroed at 100, then took it out to 750 yards and was ringing steel on a mansize target in short order. Decided to shoot a 5 shot group at 300 yards so I could post something on here.
Now, I am sure others can shoot a better group, but I impressed myself by shooting the first 2 shots with fogged over glasses due to humidity, and couldn't see, then shot the last 3 without my glasses. Also, had to break shooting form due to the 6.5x47 Lapua cases not feeding from the mag, nosing up in the mag and the bolt riding over the rim, and having to get up on my hands and knees to make sure the next round would feed. The group measures 1.13"
Anyway, thanks to Travis for building a very accurate rifle.
IMG_1244.jpg

Re: R BROS build

good looking rifle. is the barrel painted or fluted? i cant tell from the pictures