• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remington Defense RACS M40A6 "USMC" Chassis - THE REAL DEAL - Finally available!

jb1000br

Jason@EuroOptic
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Dec 23, 2001
On my Belly
These are finally available to the general public - SEE LINK BELOW (Click Thumbnail) for full photo spread showing it in all of its greenish-tannish-mossy glory!

Post pics of your builds in this chassis if you got em!

EDIT TO ADD - HIDE MEMBERS get a free AICS mag (a real AI one) with purchase - call or email or PM to get that deal

Thanks!

Jason

Last edited:
Reactions: Kilozulu
At that price point I could buy a custom Rifle so thanks but no thanks

Had one on back-order for 3 months and it just showed up today!

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/i346.photobucket.com\/albums\/p414\/nied0044\/DSC01591_zpscr3rzqtk.jpg"}[/IMG2]
DSC01592_zpsdauy8wmi.jpg

$3600 :rolleyes:

Finally available to the public...at government contract pricing!

No thanks.

Nice stock, but well out of my price range/interest. Potentially stupid question- my understanding is this is for the M40A6. Is there a reason the sticker says M40A5?

Unless you're building an m40a6 replica I don't see the point. Get the Cadex for $1200 less.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While I can see the appeal that it may hold for some, at that price point I'd be more likely to go with a KRG Habu.

Still... very cool that they're available, though!!

It's like a j Allen, not for everyone. I bought one right before cadex came out with their competition chassis. If I had to do over I would have got that one. Having said that, they are bad ass.

It's like a j Allen, not for everyone. I bought one right before cadex came out with their competition chassis. If I had to do over I would have got that one. Having said that, they are bad ass.

its more like 2 J allen's

Well since this has completely derailed - I will try and bring it back on course and add that we will offer a free AICS mag (a real "AI" one) to any HIDE member that wants one of these chassis.

Let me know, thanks!

Jason

Last edited:
Well since this has completely derailed - I will try and bring it back on course and add that we will offer a free AICS mag (a real "AI" one) to any HIDE member that wants one of these chassis.

Let me know, thanks!

Jason

This made me lol. Sorry, but I found this post very funny.

Reactions: LongRangeJunky
Back on subject again, on the A5 labeling, here is the deal from RemDef:

"when we designed and competed the chassis, it was for the M40A5. The M40A6 didn't become type-classified until after award, so it's always been the M40A5 chassis in our system"

JB

Let me know, thanks!

Jason

Well, in that case...sign me up for 2!

I know that I could do a search, But....., could anyone confirm, I thought the rifles were for 300WM, are these chassis for short actions? Also, what is the weight of the chassis as pictured?

Back on subject again, on the A5 labeling, here is the deal from RemDef:

"when we designed and competed the chassis, it was for the M40A5. The M40A6 didn't become type-classified until after award, so it's always been the M40A5 chassis in our system"

JB

price of the chassis aside, I'm sure they'll all sell. There are enough clone builders out there that the few that hit the market will get scooped up. Once they're gone, the price will shoot up another $1k+ on the secondary market.

I know that I could do a search, But....., could anyone confirm, I thought the rifles were for 300WM, are these chassis for short actions? Also, what is the weight of the chassis as pictured?

You didnt have to search, just had to click on the link in the first post - 5lbs flat

M40 = short action
XM2010 or M24 = Long action

Jason

This chassis is expensive and isn't for everyone. As stated above, for about the same amount of money you could buy a very high-tech KRG Habu chassis. However, for clone builders this is the only stock that can complete an M40A6 build. I bought one of these stocks just to fill a gap in my collection, nothing more. If you're building an A6 or plan on doing so in the future, I'd highly recommend picking up one of these stocks right now, as they are a limited release and I highly doubt more will be released in the future.

Can always go with a Cadex chassis that is pretty close to the same. If I remember right Cadex had helped in the design for the Remington version. Also, it's around half the price.

Funny that a real deal mil-spec chassis comes up and people miss the concept of limited availability item for true clone builds. NO cadex being similar doesnt cut it. Then a $7K M40A1 with obsolete and inferior USO 10x comes up, or a beat up Colt USMC 1911 at $3K and people jerk off to how beautiful they are.

I couldnt care less about clone builds myself and not interested in the RACS, but it sure looks wayyyyy better than Cadex and would be far more unique. Looks better than the Habu to me as well.

What I am a fan of is how Jason and the EO team do their best to source high end hard to find stuff so us hobbyist consumers can own cool toys.

Funny that a real deal mil-spec chassis comes up and people miss the concept of limited availability item for true clone builds. NO cadex being similar doesnt cut it. Then a $7K M40A1 with obsolete and inferior USO 10x comes up, or a beat up Colt USMC 1911 at $3K and people jerk off to how beautiful they are.

I couldnt care less about clone builds myself and not interested in the RACS, but it sure looks wayyyyy better than Cadex and would be far more unique. Looks better than the Habu to me as well.

What I am a fan of is how Jason and the EO team do their best to source high end hard to find stuff so us hobbyist consumers can own cool toys.

Well said sir, well said!
I agree , especially with the work that Jason puts in!!

Can always go with a Cadex chassis that is pretty close to the same. If I remember right Cadex had helped in the design for the Remington version. Also, it's around half the price.

While that option is definitely cheaper and might sit well with some people, it isn't correct for clone builders. For people like me who collect this stuff, "pretty close" just isn't acceptable when the actual product is available. There's only one correct stock for the A6 and it's this specific RACS chassis. Even though this chassis is a very expensive niche product, Euro Optic has already sold over 20 of them, so there's definitely people in the shooting/collecting community that have to have one.

Lots of negativity in this thread, people just need to remember that this stock isn't for everyone (and it's not being marketed as such). If you want a correct A6 clone, buy this chassis. If you just want a chassis for a custom rifle, buy something else, there's lots of really great options out there.

If anyone reading this thread plans on building an M40A6 clone, save up and purchase one of these stocks (I had to sell some gun parts in order to afford it). Once they're gone, they're gone.

If folks think these are over priced (which I agree, they are. However, I don't fault Euro-Optics for that) just wait till the USMC M40A3/A5 "turn in stocks" start showing up for sale. Then you will see old, beat up, stripped, heavily used stocks worth $350 selling for $1000's. Items like this are not for everyone, they are for a niche market. A market of people that save for or can afford to spend this kind of money on nostalgia. Now I wish mine had come from euro
pptics so I could have scored the free magazine!

Last edited:
lol remington

I was thinking the same thing. But seriously though, if you buy one of this chassis, does it include sending your POS Remington 700 back to the factory so they can square up the recoil lug, fix their extractor problems, true the action, and just simply assemble their rifles correctly? Just curious.

jb100br don't take any of this personally, you seem like a decent dude, Remington on the other hand needs to get their QC shit together and their sales dept needs to stop drinking their own coolaid before they price a chassis that they copied way above market. If Remington were to change the chassis slightly and offer it priced at or near similarly optioned competitors then they might sell a few more. But then again when has Remington ever done what the market wanted.

jb100br don't take any of this personally, you seem like a decent dude, Remington on the other hand needs to get their QC shit together and their sales dept needs to stop drinking their own coolaid before they price a chassis that they copied way above market. If Remington were to change the chassis slightly and offer it priced at or near similarly optioned competitors then they might sell a few more. But then again when has Remington ever done what the market wanted.

They aren't drinking their own koolaid and they didn't copy the chassis. They had Cadex develop the initial chassis, they bought the rights to it and they had a third party manufacture them. Remington even wanted Badger Ordnance to put in a bid to produce the chassis for them, but Badger didn't have the manufacturing capacity to produce them at the time. They are priced high because they aren't making their own product and they sold it to the government for an inflated price. The government was willing to pay this price, so a deal was struck. It's old news and there's nothing we can do about it. IIRC, if they want to sell a contract item to civilians, they have to match the price, they can't suddenly slash it for civilian sales.

Additionally, (not sure how many times this needs repeating) this chassis wasn't released to compete with anything on the market! They aren't marketing this chassis to everyone, only to a niche group of clone builders that want to build a replica M40A6. It would be stupid for a regular shooter to buy this for his rifle, unless he really really loved the look of it (but it would still be overpriced). If you're not building an A6 clone, move along, there's nothing for you here.

Last edited:
Reactions: USMCsean
I got to play with one for a while and I honestly think it's the worst chassis I've ever felt.
At that price tag, I'm not sorry to say it.

Even the mag fit/function was very bad. The chassis didn't just feel poorly designed, but didn't work correctly either.

And that is putting it politely considering the price tag.

Last edited:
I got to play with one for a while and I honestly think it's the worst chassis I've ever felt.
At that price tag, I'm not sorry to say it.

Even the mag fit/function was very bad. The chassis didn't just feel poorly designed, but didn't work correctly either.

And that is putting it politely considering the price tag.

Like other Remington products, it doesn't matter if it is well made, or even assembled correctly. As clearly shown in the many posts of this thread, people are supposed to buy this because the military uses it. Noting more, nothing less. Is it the best tool for the job? Not even close. Is it even a descent tool for the job? Not for the price.

Nice thing about this clone the RR receivers can be bought cheap, the barrels are a stock item, the brake can be found, the scope minus some markings is available and that vendors prices have come down. Finding the LaRue mount/M24 trigger (Ive seen 2-3 triggers in the past 6 months in the $250 range !:) ) will be your only hard parts to seek.

This may actually make for one of the easiest to build M40 clones.

Hmmmmm should I buy a S&W Performance Center 952 (blued) or one of these?

Last edited:
I think I'll wait for them to come back as a "return stock with certificate". That way the cool factor will be unquestionable!

Dave

Cadex ripoff or license? There is literally nothing remington makes worth $3K, or even half that amount.

Don't mean to revive an old thread but has anyone heard anything about the racs being produced by who ever purchased rem defense?
The Roundhill Group technically purchased the Defense portion of Remington when the acquired Remington firearms through the bankruptcy process. But has decided not to pursue Defense or L/E involvement. Which in my opinion is a damn shame considering Remington has held defense contracts since around 1914 or thereabouts. Nobody is producing the RACS. Big Green made sure to kill it along with a lot of other products. You can find a Gen 1 RACS from time to time. Maybe one day someone will post a few pics of the Gen 2 RACS! Kinda nice but the Gen 1 is better in my opinion.

Reactions: jb41291