• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Crooks

Private
Minuteman
Feb 12, 2009
Denton, TX
Hey all,

Seeking advice or direction for a scope. I have been doing a lot of reading and thought I had decided on a Mark 4 LR/T 8.5x25x50.
I have a new REM 700P in 300WM. I would like to use this gun to hunt, as well as Push out to 1000y on paper. I was and am prepared to pay a fair price for good glass, but i dont want to spend more than makes sense. I would like whatever scope to be Mildot.

What are some other options in that price range? ($1100) also, where do i need to be looking.
Las question, will i be hurting if i went with a 6.5x20x50?

Thanks in advance

Re: Scope

You need to be looking in the optics forum here by using the SEARCH function. Your question, or similar, gets asked hundreds of times per year.

Adjust the SEARCH date range to something longer than the 'newer than one week' default. Try 'newer than one year'. Start reading.
smile.gif

Welcome aboard.

Like Nate says, do some searching. However you can't go wrong with that scope. Also look around some good deals can be gotten on lightly used equipment. Of the 5 scopes I use frequently - 2 were purchased used.

Crooks,

I would not have low end magnification at 8.5x for hunting, overkill. The 6.5x20 would be plenty. Probably, still too much.

Just one opinion, You'll get plenty of others. I just ordered a 4.5x14 Zeiss for the same application.

Eddie

Put your mouse over someones screen name till it turns into a hand then click and choose from the menu. "Send a PM."