• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Photos "Shy" Blacktail...

Re: "Shy" Blacktail...

Are the Black tail bout the same size as the Whitetail we have here in Indiana?

If he's in Jackson County Oregon then most every record book blacktail has come from there.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: winmagfrog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That would be a record book Black Tail. You sure he's not a Mule deer? </div></div>

They are probably smaller than they appear ~130-150# range. My in-laws live just south of the Oregon border around Mt. Shasta.

As to whether they (there were 5 bucks in the group that morning) were "pure" blacktail... I couldn't say. It's possible that there is a mule deer in the woodshed someplace
laugh.gif

The herd has figured out that the small rural community is a good place to hang out in hunting season. Groups of 15-20 animals walking down the middle of Main St. are very common

I may have over estimated the size a bit. Awesome deer though, it's great to be able to watch them in a relaxed atmosphere. I'm actually glad I don't have deer like that in my yard... The Wardens would bury me under the jail!!

Cool pics, Thanks for posting them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: winmagfrog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Wardens would bury me under the jail!!
Cool pics, Thanks for posting them. </div></div>

LOL! Between the deer, the wild turkey cruising through, and the trout stream off the back deck, it's pretty much a carnivore's paradise... perhaps a little too much so. The resident's preference for the relaxed deer, etc. is (shock) bringing in the big cats... which of course they complain about
laugh.gif