• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing SNEAK PEEK: Direct replacement bolts completed for Tikka Actions.

LRI

Lance Criminal
Minuteman
  • Mar 14, 2010
    Sturgis, S. Dakota
    www.longriflesinc.com
    Direct replacement bolts for the Tikka actions are now a thing.

Details:

Stainless bolt body and handle
    Complete fire control
    Bar stock machined bolt shroud. -No plastic or Zinc casting
    .480 and .545 diameter bolt faces available We might do a .590 for Lapua and/or a .390 for 223 stuff later
    RIGHT HANDED only. Sorry Lefties.
    M16 style extractor

We have inventory on the floor. I'm currently working on the extractors and they'll be done hopefully this week. They still have to go to heat treat but that doesn't take very long.

Price: $375.00 for the complete drop on bolt. These will only be sold as complete units.

1606842782071.png

1606842805309.png

1606842820201.png

1606842834851.png

1606842851617.png

Here's a little video clip I did a few minutes ago on FB:

https://fb.watch/26cq7rgpzW/

Beautiful! Looking forward to this as a better option for replacements.

Will the fire controls from this bolt fit into the existing tikka body? I’ve known tikkas (at least mine) to be hard on firing pins and seem to eat away at them sooner than other rifles.

Tikka just improved... Cool stuff!

heard more than 1 story of crummy CS after issues with bolts, and Beretta not selling a replacement.
    That bummed me out as I have been happy with their stuff.

Now if you just made Tikka AICS compatible DBM...

Reactions: 6.5Hunter12
    Mother of God! That is beautiful

Another vote for a lefty option...you can even pair it with a new K&P barrel install as a package deal:)

I bought an in floor winch mount for my race car trailer. Reinforcing the floor substructure, I had to notch it with a hole saw.
    Why in the world would you have to notch your thumb with a hole saw???

J/K, sweet looking product. Slides like buttah!

Will you be selling coated or bare metal?I’m assuming it will be slip in and go?

Thanks for the update.

Will you be selling coated or bare metal?I’m assuming it will be slip in and go?

Thanks for the update.

These bolts are made from the same type of SS that the original Tikka bolts are made from. Therefore, no coating is applied or required. The shrouds are carbon steel and they are black oxide finish.

As for "slip in and go."

A number of folks have inquired about how "drop-in-capable" these parts are. I can tell you this:

I have a small gaggle of Tikka receivers and take off barrels here at the shop. Yesterday we assembled one just to see how things would go. It all worked. The gun went together just as one would hope. We had zero issues with breech clearance or Headspace.

I look at this as encouraging because the parts are random pieces accumulated over several years. The fact they all went together as expected strongly suggests that Tikka runs a pretty tight ship. I feel pretty good about standing behind our bolts being able to work with switch barrel setups. (Assuming the barrels chambered by a 3rd party are done correctly).

Hope this helps.

C.

I bought an in floor winch mount for my race car trailer. Reinforcing the floor substructure, I had to notch it with a hole saw.

I fucked up. . .

A fellow racer and gun enthusiast! Now I gotta buy this bolt (as if I wasn't going to already)

A fellow racer and gun enthusiast! Now I gotta buy this bolt (as if I wasn't going to already)

It's a disease...

Kalli's G8. 650 to the tire. You should see her Mini Cooper S. That thing is baller!

1607014225731.png

My GTO street car. E85'd and Whippled 421 LSX I built. Just put a newer Whipple 3 liter on it. Were hoping for 1300's to the tire on this one.

1607015704411.png

Aaaaaannnddd, HoOdRaT. The track car. An 8.3L Whipple on methanol plopped on top of a 5.3LS. Its a freakshow. Just got the zoomies done last week. Heads back to the dyno here in a couple of weeks.

1607015748270.png

1607016034336.png

1607016091330.png

1607016045216.png

1607016058687.png

1607016070857.png

This has been long over due for someone to tackle. great job, Chad.

It's a disease...

Kalli's G8. 650 to the tire. You should see her Mini Cooper S. That thing is baller!

View attachment 7490434

My GTO street car. E85'd and Whippled 421 LSX I built. Just put a newer Whipple 3 liter on it. Were hoping for 1300's to the tire on this one.

View attachment 7490460

Aaaaaannnddd, HoOdRaT. The track car. An 8.3L Whipple on methanol plopped on top of a 5.3LS. Its a freakshow. Just got the zoomies done last week. Heads back to the dyno here in a couple of weeks.

you’re obsessed with cars the way we are obsessed with guns. 😀

• Haha
    Reactions: clcustom1911