• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Something Wicked This Way Comes! Something new From Surefire

Can you share any details? Obviously .30 Cal...what does it do that the RC or Mini won't? When can we expect to see more details/release?

It is a sneak peek on a special 300 BlackOut suppressor. All I will say is it is just stupid quiet.

Garin,
Can you answer if it will be compatible with a SBR 300 BLK, SBR 5.56 or .308? What advantage does this can have over the SOCOM RC? When will it be available?

Last edited:
Another over rated and over priced can from surefire.

Ditto, how quiet do you really need to be? I have an AAC and a gemtech and I hear the bullet hit paper at 100 yards.

Now if they could suppress that sound I'd be impressed.

Good point Elnino. It is funny how the AAC fan boys can't resist knocking other products. What happened to the "If you can't say some thing nice ....?" Enjoy what you have and no need to cut others down.

To be fair, Surefire cans are consistently $400+ more than their competitors, so he's correct on at least half of his statement. They are good products but are outperformed in many categories by silencers that cost substantially less.

Looks to be about the same size as a 7.62 SOCOM RC...from Surefire website I have been tracking the 7.62 SOCOM mini was optimized for 7.62x35 and 39. How does this can differ? What advantage does it provide over the RC?

Hi Conqueror, I always respect your posts and this one as well. But my point is, why do people feel compelled to trash a guys post that has nothing to do with AAC or any other manufacturer. If he feels so passionate about why Surefire are not good values or perform as good as others, then he can start his own thread. I just am tired of mud slinging when it is not called for. Also my big point is, we should all be happy that we have what we have and that we have options and we are not all going to agree. Thanks for listening and just hoping for more courtesy in thread responses. But that will never happen. ;-)

Ditto, how quiet do you really need to be? I have an AAC and a gemtech and I hear the bullet hit paper at 100 yards.

Now if they could suppress that sound I'd be impressed.

First off I am not a fan boy of AAC, never was or will be.

My point is you can buy quality cans from the other top companies for a quite a bit less than surefire and they are quieter too. So why spend so much more for a noisier can? A couple of the guys that I know that bought surefire cans did so because they are wannabe operators. They regretted their purchases when they compared them side by side with other companies cans.

Hi Conqueror, I always respect your posts and this one as well. But my point is, why do people feel compelled to trash a guys post that has nothing to do with AAC or any other manufacturer. If he feels so passionate about why Surefire are not good values or perform as good as others, then he can start his own thread. I just am tired of mud slinging when it is not called for. Also my big point is, we should all be happy that we have what we have and that we have options and we are not all going to agree. Thanks for listening and just hoping for more courtesy in thread responses. But that will never happen. ;-)
Fair point. This is a discussion forum though, not just a place to see "who else likes what I like?". I have no problem with people "slinging mud" but I think the right way to do it is calmly and with evidence or explanation to back up your point. There's a difference between coming in this thread and saying "Whatever, Surefire cans are shitty" versus "I can't see it being much quieter than an SDN-6, but even if it is a couple dB better, it will probably be $1400+, so I'll pass."

first off i am not a fan boy of aac, never was or will be.

My point is you can buy quality cans from the other top companies for a quite a bit less than surefire and they are quieter too. So why spend so much more for a noisier can? A couple of the guys that i know that bought surefire cans did so because they are wannabe operators. They regretted their purchases when they compared them side by side with other companies cans.
Difference: POA/POI

I tell you what.....you fanboys of anything-other-than, can't walk by anything different without flaming? You're a bunch of friggin girls. Unbelievable.

Narcissism is the belief in nothing masquerading as tolerance of everything...Ayn Rand
www.2AFight.com

Surefire (IMO) is clearly the current champion when it comes to mounting system and availability of mini/micro models. They are generally quite good on POI shift, but not reliably "zero shift" depending on your particular setup. They are average in weight and average (maybe now below average with the SOCOM series) in sound suppression. They are average in durability (at least, last I heard the baffles were still 600-series Inconel). For a long time they had the best brake mount, but AAC and Silencerco have almost caught up. They are currently in use by the military, but so are AAC's cans. So, if you are really interested in a rock-solid mounting system with low POI shift, and you don't mind sacrificing some dB or some dollars, Surefire is a reasonable purchase.

I can tell you I'm far from a can expert. However I do own a few cans. I own an AAC cyclone a Gemtech among others so I'm by no means "married" to any brand. I own 2 Surefire cans that do the job very nicely. The poa/poi shift is consistent no matter how many times I remove the can. Simply just adjust the dope and I can switch it up in the middle of a competition if I choose. Try doing that with a thread on Ti can. The Surefire cans I own will outlast me and I shoot several thousand rds a year. I'm very happy with my purchases and I will undoubtedly purchase more Surefire cans in the future. It's a shame we can't have a more educated discussion and avoid bashing any brand, especially a brand like Surefire that has industry LEADING customer service.

I know I Surefire is not going to be everyone's suppressor. People have different needs and different priorities in what they want in a suppressor. Outside of the .22 LR suppressor every single model had specifications that were set by some group in the military domestic and international. If the group says we want a suppressor that can handle this firing schedule and stay with in the goals set that is what we build. Very rarely is the quietest suppressor at the top of their priority. 99% of the time it is first round flash, cycle rate, gassing the operator, POI shift and length/weight are at the top of their lists. They understand that you can not have the quietest suppressor without increasing the back pressure. We will never talk down about anyone's products. It isn't our style. I would rather have someone around me suppressed with another companies suppressor than not have one on at all. That is the way I look at it.

I know I Surefire is not going to be everyone's suppressor. People have different needs and different priorities in what they want in a suppressor. Outside of the .22 LR suppressor every single model had specifications that were set by some group in the military domestic and international. If the group says we want a suppressor that can handle this firing schedule and stay with in the goals set that is what we build. Very rarely is the quietest suppressor at the top of their priority. 99% of the time it is first round flash, cycle rate, gassing the operator, POI shift and length/weight are at the top of their lists. They understand that you can not have the quietest suppressor without increasing the back pressure. We will never talk down about anyone's products. It isn't our style. I would rather have someone around me suppressed with another companies suppressor than not have one on at all. That is the way I look at it.

This

From my personal stash of Gemtech, AAC, Surefire.
Surefire mounts are the shizzle. I even like the GT HALO over the G5. ( heavy yes)
G5 is fast bi-lock mount, but not too repeatable.

So KUDO22
Where's my Ryder.?

The poa/poi shift is consistent no matter how many times I remove the can. Simply just adjust the dope and I can switch it up in the middle of a competition if I choose. Try doing that with a thread on Ti can.

In an admittedly small sample size, I have never had an issue with a non repeatable poi shift with a thread on Ti can (TBAC 30P-1). I have tested for this a few times due to the fact that I never hunt unsuppressed and I have more rifles than thread on Ti cans so they get swapped around without time for a range session between different hunts.

In an admittedly small sample size, I have never had an issue with a non repeatable poi shift with a thread on Ti can (TBAC 30P-1). I have tested for this a few times due to the fact that I never hunt unsuppressed and I have more rifles than thread on Ti cans so they get swapped around without time for a range session between different hunts.

I would agree with this. The shift on all of my thread on cans is repeatable. The surefire is just much easier to attach but yet remain repeatable.

This

From my personal stash of Gemtech, AAC, Surefire.
Surefire mounts are the shizzle. I even like the GT HALO over the G5. ( heavy yes)
G5 is fast bi-lock mount, but not too repeatable.

So KUDO22
Where's my Ryder.?

Not sure what's up with your G5, but it should be repeatable. I obviously have a POI shift as most do, but it's vertical and always repeatable.

Never really been an issue for me, but I still plan on switching over to a Surefire this year. Really digging their new mounting system

I know Surefire won't say the release date. So what is everyone's guess on when it will be out? Maybe announced at SHOT 2015?

What release date are you talking about Siso? The only release I have had recently was the SF Ryder 22-A. Those will be at the dealers any day now. Waiting on the form 3's to clear. The only thing that hasn't released and we didn't speak of a release date is the Zev Glock 22 slide/ Ryder suppressor kit.

Sorry I was referring to the 300 blackout suppressor featured in the OPs video.

Surefire (Garin in particular) and Thunderbeast are two companies from whom I've purchased suppressors (also flashlights from Surefire - of course). Both companies have demonstrated remarkably responsive and helpful customer service when inquiring about ancillary issues (accessories, mounting questions etc). Aside from the outright performance of their products, with which I've had no trouble, the customer service is value added to the proposition when considering what company gets my money.

At the end of the day, I think that we, as consumers, win. New products, design changes, innovation, materials selection, pricing, etc... it's all bred from marketplace competition. So, regardless of my level of interest in this can or any other, I say bring it on!

It is a sneak peek on a special 300 BlackOut suppressor. All I will say is it is just stupid quiet.

300BLK is stupid quiet with about any suppressor. This one sounds stupid loud compared to the other stupid quiet videos.
One thing is for sure though, i promise you it will be stupid expensive. :)

Last edited:
To be fair, Surefire cans are consistently $400+ more than their competitors, so he's correct on at least half of his statement. They are good products but are outperformed in many categories by silencers that cost substantially less.

Never would have believed someone from Chapel Hill would be on a website that promotes guns and shooting...

Last edited:
Never would have believed someone from Chapel Hill would be on a website that promotes guns and shooting...

Lol best comment in this thread so far ! But the people republic of orange county has to have someone with guns.. lol

But over the years my impression on come to be. Surefire for precision rifle cans becase of the mount and AAC for assault rifle..

Lol best comment in this thread so far ! But the people republic of orange county has to have someone with guns.. lol

But over the years my impression on come to be. Surefire for precision rifle cans becase of the mount and AAC for assault rifle..

So you have an assault rifle? You must be operator......