• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The price of diesel…..YOU AINT SEEN NUTHIN YET!

Just pulled into a wawa to fuel up. $5.25 for diesel, pulled right back out. That’s high for my area, should be able to get it around $5/gal.

Well on the bright side it’ll definitely be a red wave in the mid terms. Nothing will sway an election like that
Repubs do absolutely nothing when in office. Both parties sit at the same table, and meet in secrecy to plan this country. Americans are NOT the beneficiaries of these plans. Once you realize that BOTH parties are the same level of corruption, it becomes crystal clear that we cannot vote our way out

Repubs do absolutely nothing when in office. Both parties sit at the same table, and meet in secrecy to plan this country. Americans are NOT the beneficiaries of these plans. Once you realize that BOTH parties are the same level of corruption, it becomes crystal clear that we cannot vote our way out
Oh I realize that. I’m just making my choice between the two evils. If I had it my way there would be no parties and politicians would be swinging from the gallows

Got my rebuilt driveshaft installed in the big van during lunch hour today. I broke it during a time of much lower fuel prices... er, last Thursday. Anyways, the fuel level was far lower than I normally let it get:

PXL_20220308_202752118.jpg

And that led to this kick in the nuts:

PXL_20220308_204229846.jpg

I feel sorry for those that drive rigs with properly sized fuel tanks.

Loves is a TERRIBLE barometer for fuel prices... On a GOOD day they are 40-50c higher than the surrounding stations.
Maybe where you are.
You get out of town on the interstates and you can pretty much rely on them for being right at average for whatever town your passing thru.

All you Diesel drivers buying the regular stuff are silly. There's a station here in my town that sells what they call dyed diesel, and it's WAY cheaper than regular stuff, and works just the same, and it's also a pretty redish pink color.....silly people.

<the above is chocked full of sarcasm, this disclaimer is for those that need to replace the batteries in their sarcasm detector>

Branden
For all you (us) Aussies, dyed diesel is not legal for road vehicles as they aren't taxed.

Meanwhile, I'm filling up my tractor at 1.80 dollaroos a liter.

That might be the case at your location. This loves is 77 miles away from my house (where i work at) and it's always below all other gas stations near my house or enroute.

today I witnessed 20 cent increase in about a span of a lunchtime

Shit my diesel has turned into the “weekend toy” and the Harley is getting daily duty.

Reactions: Anb618
Maybe where you are.
You get out of town on the interstates and you can pretty much rely on them for being right at average for whatever town your passing thru.

Loves and Pilot almost everywhere are always higher. Same with a lot of other big truck stop chains. MOST of their big customers dont pay that price, they pay a contracted price, so they can and do gouge the normal people who stop there to fill up. When I have had diesels I was more hyper aware of fuel prices than I am with a gas vehicles because the price swings from station to station could be pretty dramatic. I was ALWAYS shocked when I saw Loves and Pilot's 50c higher than other stations when searching on the gas buddy app. They are GENERALLY on the higher end of the price spread.

Got my rebuilt driveshaft installed in the big van during lunch hour today. I broke it during a time of much lower fuel prices... er, last Thursday. Anyways, the fuel level was far lower than I normally let it get:

View attachment 7823448

And that led to this kick in the nuts:

View attachment 7823449

I feel sorry for those that drive rigs with properly sized fuel tanks.
That ain’t shit. The 3500 we took to Daytona was a thirsty bitch. Averaged $125 a tank.

They are both absolutely corrupt garbage! But one party actively hurts, me and my family and demonizes me so it's a pretty easy choice given that we have only the choice of driving ourselves off a cliff at 100mph and driving ourselves off a cliff at 10mph...

Diesel still $4.89 here. I almost stopped just to top off 3-4 gallons before the next increase.

$4.59 today in NW Colorado, I was honestly expecting it to be higher based on what the news is reporting.

I downloaded the Gas Buddy app last night.........our local QT was $4.79 a gal., the Hy-Vee gas station about 3 miles away was $4.29...........

I’m expecting a jump once we get out of winter diesel season and into the good summer stuff….

Drove to a gas station about 8 miles further than my normal station because it said $4.19/gallon, $0.40 cheaper than anywhere else and I was below 1/4 tank. Got there and it was $4.49/gallon. 😑
Still cheaper, but not worth the extra 1/2 gallon I burned.

4.79 here in HI. Still though, cheaper then super unleaded. I was dieseling up my truck yesterday, and the guy next to me filling up his Hellcat said out loud.. Wtf? Holy shit! That’s expensive! And he still wasn’t done filling up.

• Haha
Reactions: SilentStalkr
Well it took less than a week to go up $1.00 a gallon at the same station I use. I looked back at page 1 where I was paying $3.999 a gallon to where it is $4.999 this morning. Another was at $5.099. Damn! Things weren't this stupid back in the Carter days... and things were really stupid then.

That ain’t shit. The 3500 we took to Daytona was a thirsty bitch. Averaged $125 a tank.

My van has a tiny tank (for a diesel rig). Had to chop it down to fit the transfer case. No regrets, even if I put up rookie numbers at the fuel pump.

$5.20 for diesel at the buccees today. Everyone around me heard my displeasure.

First let me say I hate we buy oil from our enemies, and unless you are a solar/wind/electric car company the Democrats are no friend to the energy industry. That said, I always think these oil arguments are funny, I'm pretty well convinced these things are corporate greed and misinformation. The problem is people today are idiots, they believe whatever the loudest nut job from their party says just so they can be more angry at the other side. The idea that drilling more domestic oil will lower gas prices, and that high prices are somehow the fault of politicians is a stupid as thinking that banning guns will stop gun crime.

First let's look at the facts, we import about 15-20% of our total oil use, of that imported oil, Russia is about 7% of the 20% (75% comes from Canada/Mexico). In other words Russia's imported oil is ~1.5% of our total oil "budget"......yet prices have gone up 50% in two weeks. Sounds a lot like corporations taking advantage of blame free price increase opportunity. The same thing happens every time there's a storm threat in the gulf and gas prices go up for 3 months, even if the storm never happens, refinery goes down for a day, gas goes up $.20 for 3 months. It's why prices have gone up during Covid but companies turned in record profit margins for 2021, they increased prices way more than their costs went up.

Let's go further down the "if we only pumped more domestic oil we could stop buying from bad companies!" rabbit hole. First big companies are in business for profit and they are not patriotic. Regardless of how much oil you produce here, if they can make money they will import oil from whoever makes them the most $. Shell just bought Russia's largest tanker of oil, for a record discount price. Sure they apologized but they still got the cheapest oil tanker in a long time. If you pump more oil than they can refine, they will either update refineries to increase capacity or build new ones.

Since 2010, American has doubled domestic oil production and become the #1 oil producer in the world. Yet we still import basically the same amount of oil we did in 2010, slightly less. The increase in domestic production in those 12 years represents 3x the amount of oil we import, but we're still importing it.

So we doubled oil production in 12 years, USA is the #1 producer of oil in the world, yet we're still importing it at almost the same pace as we have been. So what would make you believe that if we double our oil production again in another 10 years oil companies would magically stop importing oil? As long as I can remember some people have been screaming just increase oil production domestically so we can stop buying oil from our enemies.....well we doubled production, in a decade, and we're still importing it. Why would I believe increasing it more would stop oil importing? Isn't the definition of insanity doing the same thing over and over but expecting a different outcome.

We export as much oil as we import, or pretty close depending on month, more during Covid when domestic use was down. Now companies can sell to whoever they want, it's America, just don't try and tell me that if we just drilled some more domestic oil they'd stop buying from Russia/OPEC etc. If it makes them $ they are going to buy from anyone. Those companies export a lot of fuel (~10% of our consumption) to other countries for profit, again it's America sell to who you want, but understand that those companies doing so, keep domestic supply lower, and prices higher.

If you don't think companies are taking advantage, show me the math how losing 1.5% of your supply justifies a 50% price increase, before that supply has even gotten to the market yet.

Reactions: SilentStalkr
If you think diesel is bad, I saw E85 for $4.08/gal tonight. That's only $0.80 cheaper than premium. Looks like the ZL1 will need to lay off the sauce for the time being.

The Venezuelan lesson is to spend your money as soon as you get it, because it’s value drops daily. I’ve taken to topping off every 3 days or so.

Dollar cost averaging as it applies to fueling.

At some point soon, there may come a moment when fuel is simply unavailable. Best to keep those tanks topped off for that reason alone.