• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

There's a lot of 6.5CM hate all of a sudden. WTF happened?

brpiercemoose.jpg

I resemble that remark....

For the record... that is NOT a Creedmoor...

Sirhr

Its definitely become cool to bag on the Creedmoor. Add in a bunch if PRS fanboys and you have the perfect storm.

View attachment 7783365

Cant believe that after ten years so many people still cant spell “Creedmoor” correctly.

Oh, and @sirhrmechanic is a Fudd!

Your, you're, to, too and two, lose, loose, sail, sale and sell, where, were, ware and wear, and hundreds of other small words that aren't spelled properly.

You expect the same crowd to get Creedmoor correct? 🤣🤣🤣

Shirley ewe just.....

If you give a rat's ass what others think, you are not focusing on your shooting results.
Shoot what you like, and get good results with.
Let the results at the range speak for you.

We even have a lot of Air Rifle guys who frequent these forums. Their sub MOA results speak for themselves.
If your gun defines your manliness, then perhaps you started at a deficit.

If you give a rat's ass what others think, you are not focusing on your shooting results.
Shoot what you like, and get good results with.
Let the results at the range speak for you.

We even have a lot of Air Rifle guys who frequent these forums. Their sub MOA results speak for themselves.
If your gun defines your manliness, then perhaps you started at a deficit.
Air gun guys went though with the trans surgery.

• Haha
Reactions: lash
I’m still using brass from before Obummer got elected
Ive still got brass, bullets, and primers in original packaging on the shelf as well. I’ll never forget getting surprise packages of 5k primers on the doorstep at the end of his first term. Ordered before his inauguration.

You remember the counter Powder Valley had on their site of the primer backorder? Seem to recall it was around 60 million when they finally shut off backorders of primers.

How I became a Creedmoor shooter…..

Used to have a sweet .260.
Pared target and hunting rifles down to .308 and 30’06 calibers after the birth of my daughter.
Got divorced.
Have every other weekend free and can sneak out during the week for quiet range time.

Looking at 6.5 guns and a great bargain on a creedmoor popped up.
Was gifted some dies by a friend.
My handloads are still cheaper than buying ammo if I used new Lapua brass for every loading.
Yup. You read that right.
The single digit ES is nice too😁

Ive still got brass, bullets, and primers in original packaging on the shelf as well. I’ll never forget getting surprise packages of 5k primers on the doorstep at the end of his first term. Ordered before his inauguration.

You remember the counter Powder Valley had on their site of the primer backorder? Seem to recall it was around 60 million when they finally shut off backorders of primers.
😂
That was crazy

Used to have a sweet .260.
Pared target and hunting rifles down to .308 and 30’06 calibers after the birth of my daughter.
Got divorced.
Have every other weekend free and can sneak out during the week for quiet range time.

Looking at 6.5 guns and a great bargain on a creedmoor popped up.
Was gifted some dies by a friend.
My handloads are still cheaper than buying ammo if I used new Lapua brass for every loading.
Yup. You read that right.
The single digit ES is nice too😁
^^^^
Talks about holding hands

E070192F-57BD-4298-9585-06B81B0000E6.gif

Theres a new forum popping up, apparently these guys will let you handle and shoot their 6.5’s. Btw they love hand loads .

Last edited:
I see it more and more and I feel like I missed a meeting.

All of a sudden, people who in their SH posting history will have posts about how they got a 6.5/6.5 is 1000 times better than 308/they dumped all other calibers, are now just dogging it.

What are we supposed to be shooting now?

Did we go back to 308?

Some new wildcat round you cant find a fucking barrel for because that worked out so well for that 224 Valkyrie or whatever the fuck that was?

6.6 Creedmoor? 6.5 Creedmost?

We all shooting magnums now 100% of the time?
What the everliving horsefuck does what anyone else does have anything to do with what works for me? I don’t care if I’m the only person in the world shooting the 6.5 Creedmoor/ManBun/whatever closet homosexual name you come up with as long as I can find components. I’ve been shooting the Creedmoor since before it was “cool” but I do find some of the memes hilarious.

none of the poors can shoot 6.5CM any more because it got too expensive and too hard to find.

I just extended my 22LR shooting, I can get that shit to 1000 yards with only once bounce off the ground now

Finally gotta try out that warning on the box from my childhood "lethal to 1.5 miles"

We need to change it to Marissa Tomei or Gina Gershon.

How about Kim basinger? Sigourney Weaver? Farrah Faucet, before she died

Reactions: lightman
years ago, i liked the swede; but wanted something a bit more modern.

i was jonesing for a 260 in a platform i wanted. couldnt find that. and i couldnt find 6.5 bullets, bress, and on and on. it got to the point i just said ‘‘fuck it’’. then the 6.5 lapua, 6.5 cm came on the scene, and what poor selection of bullets and brass were out there, got even harder to come by.

at this point, i am past getting new calibers. but if i were starting out, a 6.5 would be the one. and with the current hating, maybe someday a guy might get a deal on one. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: lash
Basically 6.5cm has now become just too much recoil for all the PRS types
So they have all gone down to 6 cm something or other.
That's very much like the USPSA guys when they shoot 3 gun, they had to lower the power factor on minor PF rifle because it was just too much for them.

That's very much like the USPSA guys when they shoot 3 gun, they had to lower the power factor on minor PF rifle because it was just too much for them.

Essentially that's going to be the inevitable result when your projectile simply has to show up at the spot in order to be good.

When it's all about games and showing off, there is never going to be any actual legit need for the projectile to arrive at the spot able to do any work other than register that it got there, so it will always start becoming a race to the lowest power / recoil that can actually get the projectile accurately to the target.

Real men dont’ give a shit about what you shoot.

So there

In the end, the only thing that matters is….did you hit the target and did the target go down.

Last edited:
So what I'm getting from this is there's no real reasons for 6.5cm hate.

Just people that seem to be irrationally threatened by man buns.
It’s fun.

It’s been added to the list of rounds of myth and lore of how it’s the ultimate sniper round that will that will blow an elephants head clean off at a mile.

In reality It’s a great short action round that with the right equipment, ammo, and shooter that is capable of putting rounds on target past 1k with all off the shelf products. It hold it’s energy better and is less effected by the wind than 308.

So that being said only the snipest of all snipers use 6.5cm and everything else is garbage. I

So after 3 pages of randomness, I have come to realize there is no reason to hate on 6.5 Creedmoor other than it’s popular. I have an AXMC with both a 300 win mag and 6.5 CM barrel and I like the fact that between the two barrels, I have only 0.2 MiLs of adjustment to make to rezero my rifle. Will other calibers do it? Don’t know and don’t care. My man bun gay ass barrel seems to suit me just fine :).

Last edited:
I have never seen anyone claim it has incredible stopping power. I've seen Wildebeest killed by 6.5cm, but I wouldn't want to hunt anything bigger than that with it, and anyone who does is usually enough of an idiot.

Making fun of someone because of how they look is never good for the growth of any hobby. 6.5cm is great, especially for people who want to get into long range and hit the ground running. 6.5cm is objectively superior to .308 ballistically speaking, and the people who unironically hate on 6.5cm are usually the ones telling themselves .308 is just as capable.

Can we just turn this thread into 6.5C memes? I have some people that I need to send some fresh memes to!

Reactions: 65x55guy
Most entertaining match I've ever shot was a 175SMK, .308-only match.
It was a prematch to Karstetter in Central Washington in the not-so-forgiving time of year, weather wise. RO's and friends.
No bitching, no gaming, no cheating....just good, better and best shooting skills.

6.5 Creedmoor was my starter drug...got tired of winning with 6 Creed and I now am with the 300PRC crowd.

I started shooting PRS style matches when I was 20 in 2012 and didn't know anything . I picked 6.5cm back then and still shoot it today . everyone around me chassed there tail with the new 6mm something or what ever. when you stick to reloading a round for so long you learn what makes it tick. I guess I want to encourage folk to just stick with a round and get good shooting it , don't mind Hornady or federal pushing the NEW round playing to our consumeristic tendencies . also I didn't know that calibers had these sorts of archetypes behind them , I just shoot

I'm still shooting .38 handloads I reloaded in October 1988.... Yes, Reagan was still President.

Ammo keeps!

Sirhr

I started shooting PRS style matches when I was 20 in 2012 and didn't know anything . I picked 6.5cm back then and still shoot it today . everyone around me chassed there tail with the new 6mm something or what ever. when you stick to reloading a round for so long you learn what makes it tick. I guess I want to encourage folk to just stick with a round and get good shooting it , don't mind Hornady or federal pushing the NEW round playing to our consumeristic tendencies . also I didn't know that calibers had these sorts of archetypes behind them , I just shoot
I only started shooting mine a few years ago, but feel the same way in many respects. One bullet, one powder charge and shoot the stink out of it. I just find the 6.5 threads so hysterical I enjoy chiming in to help the echo chamber ramp up the vortex. Have a 2nd 6.5 Proof waiting to be broken in as soon as this one dies.

Last edited: