• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

To buy a axmc or not

roady9999

Private
Minuteman
Jun 24, 2013
Pennsylvania
Ok so when the AI AE Mark3 went on sale because it was being discontinued I bought one. It has been an excellent rifle, comfortable to shoot, easy to reload for, etc. So I find myself wanting to buy an AXMC long action in 300 Norma Mag because I still have multiple rifles in 308. The bolt bodies for the short action calibers are still on back order everywhere. I have the cash so no horse trading is nesscary and ordering before July 1st in my case has some advantages I won’t go into on the forum(tax purposes). What am I missing in the minutiae of ownership? Being completely honest I don’t have a range near me to shoot past 1000 yards. If I find somewhere it would be private ground. I would most likely be looking to configure the axmc in 308 to shoot it regularly. Any thoughts for owners or enthusiasts is appreciated.

If you have the cash for an AXMC, now is a great time to buy one and I'd say go for it.
If you have ranges to 1000 yards, you can have plenty of fun shooting .300NM, .338LM, .300WM and such out of your AXMC in addition to all the rest.
If you are doing .308 you can use the standard LFP .308 bolt bodies which are not hard to come by.

You might also be able to pick up a kit with the bolts, barrels & mags that you want at a good price on the exchange here.

However if you already have the AI MK3 and it shoots really well, then shoot that and then leave the AXMC configured for the big stuff, head to the range, shoot all the big stuff you want to leave a huge smile on your face, then swap back to the AE for the 308

(Assuming you can afford to scope both of them).

If you can get one, there is no better time than now. The 300NM is absolutely kick ass and as mentioned above 1000 yards will feel like a waste of time. Find a longer range and a reason to put it to use!

Even at shorter ranges like 1000 yards, shooting things like the .300NM can be useful as you can practice just incase you ever have to kill Soviets or Chinese and want to deliver significant penetrating power with a greater margin for wind call errors, as you may only have the ability to get off one or two rounds before you have to move or get back under concealment.

Reactions: gnatmm
I do reload for two 308 win rifles. Thats a part of the reason I like the 300 Norma mag on paper. The other part is I don’t believe the 300 norma mag is a belted case. So I just buy 30 cal bullets and bite the bullet on brass, primers and powder. Does anyone know if viper skins is moving forward with their asr type rail for the axmc?

I do reload for two 308 win rifles. Thats a part of the reason I like the 300 Norma mag on paper. The other part is I don’t believe the 300 norma mag is a belted case. So I just buy 30 cal bullets and bite the bullet on brass, primers and powder. Does anyone know if viper skins is moving forward with their asr type rail for the axmc?
Nope, not belted. I reload for my .308Win, and .300 Win mags as well, so there are some common components with them. I love the Norma, my node was extremely easy to find and load accurately for.