• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ultimatum Deuce 22LR

I have 6 mags now so I'm all set on those. I can ask Ryan Stecy with IBI barrels, he would know or can find out. He is currently shooting the Deuce and the B-14R with IBI barrels of course.

I have 6 mags now so I'm all set on those. I can ask Ryan Stecy with IBI barrels, he would know or can find out. He is currently shooting the Deuce and the B-14R with IBI barrels of course.
If Ryan has good results with fast twist testing I'm thinking to get my Deuce with one for my own interest. If it doesn't look like a benefit for what I do I may cancel as well... Hard to know after waiting so long.
I am going to run a 26" IBI on the RimX so see how that works will make a difference on what direction I go. Should be here monday!

Shawn:

if you drop a Kidd barre in the Kriss Defiance, please post the results.
I almost bought one but when I called them they said that “match” chambered barrels “might” not work and have feeding issues.

if they would have just sold the uppers for 3-400 I might have jumped on it either way.

I tried my Kidd barrel in my Kriss DM22 and no worky. It feeds at a slight angle and it jams. I am surprised at the accuracy with the factory barrel it shipped with. Wish I could buy another but not sure if they are even making them anymore.

• Sad
Reactions: Frankr
I tried my Kidd barrel in my Kriss DM22 and no worky. It feeds at a slight angle and it jams. I am surprised at the accuracy with the factory barrel it shipped with. Wish I could buy another but not sure if they are even making them anymore.

Sucks about the issues. How does it shoot if it’s single fed?

I've given it thought and if I don't get mine in hand by the end of February, I'll more than likely cancel my order. According to Derek, they should have started shipping this month. As soon as I seen the new delivery date on their website I emailed him and asked about it, he hasn't replied and that email was sent on 12/29. That's only three days ago and considering the timing of the email, to be fair I'll wait until the end of next week for a response.
@Kissofdeath Any update? Have you received a reply regarding shipping?

Reactions: Gleedus
Nope, not a word. Sent one email and left a message, no response to either. I'll give it to the end of this month, then I'll cancel the order and get a refund for the deposit. At the moment my interest has shifted from rimfire to my AK's.

In case anyone is wondering what I'm doing, I'm testing out the two metal pegboards with four different hanger types. The new house I'm having built will have a walk in vault and I'm testing ways to hang my toys.

AK wall 2-3-21.jpg
AK 1-8-21.jpg
AK 1-9-21.jpg
AK 1-10-21.jpg
MAK90 stamped 2-3-21.jpg
IMG_20210129_202224.jpg
AK Wall 2-3-21.jpg

The vault is that rectangle section in the back. Doesn't look it but it's really 24' x 12'. I need a new photo, I have ICF walls up now.

Basement.jpg

Nope, not a word. Sent one email and left a message, no response to either. I'll give it to the end of this month, then I'll cancel the order and get a refund for the deposit. At the moment my interest has shifted from rimfire to my AK's.

In case anyone is wondering what I'm doing, I'm testing out the two metal pegboards with four different hanger types. The new house I'm having built will have a walk in vault and I'm testing ways to hang my toys.

View attachment 7545909View attachment 7545910View attachment 7545911View attachment 7545912View attachment 7545913View attachment 7545915View attachment 7545921

The vault is that rectangle section in the back. Doesn't look it but it's really 24' x 12'. I need a new photo, I have ICF walls up now.

View attachment 7545929
24x12... not big enough.... 😉😁🤔😳🤷🏽‍♂️

ICF eh? What brand? Going all the way up or just the basement?

View attachment 7545909View attachment 7545910View attachment 7545911View attachment 7545912View attachment 7545913View attachment 7545915View attachment 7545921

View attachment 7545929
Daddy always said, "Rich folk got fine ways."

Reactions: camocorvette
The ICF walls are Logic brand and it's only the basement walls. I would loved to have had the ICF all the way up but the cost was too much so I went with 2 x 6 exterior walls. Vault door will be 1.5" thick steel made by Brown Safe Company.

I have already had thoughts of why I didn't make the safe room bigger the added cost wouldn't have been that much more to extend the rear wall. I went off the square footage I have now in my 12 x 12 gun room. But some of the things I have in my gun room will now be out in the basement.

I say this as a structural engineer who is intimately familiar with many high end houses. I've always wanted ICF exterior walls living in the gulf coast region. I've seen everything from pistol ranges beside garages to hidden rooms in every sleeping room of the house to complete safe rooms to an entire wing of a house for hunting trophies.

Good on you for building what you want man! Wish I was there in life; another 20 years of working the salt mine ahead of me.

The ICF walls are Logic brand and it's only the basement walls. I would loved to have had the ICF all the way up but the cost was too much so I went with 2 x 6 exterior walls. Vault door will be 1.5" thick steel made by Brown Safe Company.

I have already had thoughts of why I didn't make the safe room bigger the added cost wouldn't have been that much more to extend the rear wall. I went off the square footage I have now in my 12 x 12 gun room. But some of the things I have in my gun room will now be out in the basement.
Logix is good. Or I assume you meant logix not logic. I am a builder in Canada. We typically only do the basements ICF. For the cost up here with the current building code the cost difference is negligible. Above grade ICF definitely cost more Personally I wouldnt do ICF for my own house above grade unless noise is a concern. A properly built wood frame is as good. You can cut corners easier with wood so wood gets a bad name ICF sets a higher minimum standard. A good builder and wood is a good choice.

I only have 8x12 lol reloading and all.

You said it thanks where thanks is due. God is good...

Really got off the deuce topic..... Ryan at IBI says he really likes his. I'm just not sure anymore..... this RimX I put together.... Ya.... I'm over 2500 rounds first 200 I had glitchy feeding now smooth as butter. Only failure to fire was with the triggertech diamond (its gone back). I had 1 failure to extract a live round that was last time I was out. I find you have to run the bolt fairly quick or it doesnt eject all the way.

They sent the deuce mags already 🤔. Nice color. 🤷🏽‍♂️ I'm Canadian... I want to like it... buuuttt I'm too performance bases to get biased...
IMG_20210116_202002_387.jpg

I had a conversation with them today. They are waiting on a few parts from a CNC still. The supplier has told them they will ship in a few weeks.

As a Canadian, I was excited to buy a nice 60 deg custom .22 built here. But the constant delays and lack of communication really put me off. As soon as Vudoo released their 360 I immediately ordered one.

As a Canadian, I was excited to buy a nice 60 deg custom .22 built here. But the constant delays and lack of communication really put me off. As soon as Vudoo released their 360 I immediately ordered one.
Well they are available.

I did mean Logix.

Cancelled my Deuce order a few months ago.

They aren't available to buy right now, only pre order correct?
Plus seeing how well Vudoo communicates on this forum and in general helping users, I'd rather support a company like that than one that keeps everyone in the dark.
I think that is the key! The wait for the Deuce sucks but its the lack of communication that is the worst. Even a email occasionally to those who pre-ordered would have been nice.
It does us good to remember that Vudoo CS was poor at the beginning as well from what I've seen and they had to learn how important it is to communicate with their users.
I'm not happy with Vudoo mags for reliable feeding. Dont get me wrong they work but it is the weak link. Having a Rimx now for a 4500+ rounds I'm off of my wanting a 90⁰ bolt lift. Is it perfect? No but they answered the phone when I called! The fixed extractors only seem to last for 2500 to 3000 rounds before chipping but I spoke with Zermatt and they are sending updated ones. That works for me.

t does us good to remember that Vudoo CS was poor at the beginning as well from what I've seen and they had to learn how important it is to communicate with their users.
I got one one the first Vudoos in 2018 ( or was it 17?) Early enough i got to pick my serial number. Had a few minor problems with it ( some probably my fault). They fixed every time in record time. I called PP at 7 pm on a Saturday and he answered me on his cellphone out on the road somewhere. They didn't have to learn anything- they had it right from the beginning. That statement is completely contrary to my experience. Also the experience of my friends who own them. Didn't answer the phone- you must be joking. I'm not a fanboy, I've since sold it and got a rimx . It's required some massaging and RimX customer service is fabulous .

I got one one the first Vudoos in 2018 ( or was it 17?) Early enough i got to pick my serial number. Had a few minor problems with it ( some probably my fault). They fixed every time in record time. I called PP at 7 pm on a Saturday and he answered me on his cellphone out on the road somewhere. They didn't have to learn anything- they had it right from the beginning. That statement is completely contrary to my experience. Also the experience of my friends who own them. Didn't answer the phone- you must be joking. I'm not a fanboy, I've since sold it and got a rimx . It's required some massaging and RimX customer service is fabulous .

Why did you sell it to get a RimX? Just curious.

I've got to back up usafa77's statement on the quality of VGW's CS from the beginning. The 1st action I ordered arrived in late Sept of 2017 (I'd have ordered one sooner, but had a couple of really good-shooting rifles built on CMP 40X actions that Jonathan Elrod converted into repeaters to use the V-22 mags, and felt I needed to sell one of them before buying a V-22 action). I also had excellent CS from the get-go, when I started having extraction/ejection issues after around 500+ trouble-free rounds. Paul offered to fix the problem pronto if I wanted to send it back to St. George, but as he explained the mods they'd done to the extractors/pushers they were currently installing in bolts, it sounded like something I'd not have any problems doing myself, and that proved to be the case - especially after he'd texted me a short video showing precisely what he'd been talking about. The spare parts he offered arrived PDQ, and I had the parts out of the bolt, stoned/ground to match what Paul described, then re-assembled quickly - and haven't had any issues with that rifle since - nor the following two I bought a couple of years later. I honestly couldn't have asked for better CS...

I'm sure if you have read any thread about Vudoo Gun Works your going to find me in there chirping about how good their customer service is. I really try not to be a fan boy for any company, but like Accuracy International after a while it just happens. The attention to detail in their products and communications is second to none.

It does us good to remember that Vudoo CS was poor at the beginning as well from what I've seen and they had to learn how important it is to communicate with their users.
I realize a few have stepped in to voice an acceptation to this but, as an owner of Vudoo and inventor of our product line, I feel it necessary to say that it's completely inaccurate and more appropriately, highly untrue. At no point has there been a time the phone hasn't been answered and/or emails met by crickets and I've been 100% available seven days a week on this forum. No one in Vudoo spent any time "learning" at the expense of the customer but instead, set a new standard for customer service.

MB

Last edited:
To me the action just feels smoother, everyone likes something different. I keep following the duece thread- like a lot of people I'm searching for the holy grail. Is that possible in rimfire? who knows, but it's fun to dream.
What would the holy grail of .22LR rifles be able to do?

It's got to be something other than shoot all ammo very well because there's no one who can make such a rifle.

I realize a few have stepped in to voice an acceptation to this but, as an owner of Vudoo and inventor of our product line, I feel it necessary to say that it's completely inaccurate and more appropriately, highly untrue. At no point has there been a time the phone hasn't been answered, emails met by crickets and I've been 100% available seven days a week on this forum. No one in Vudoo spent any time "learning" at the expense of the customer but instead, set a new standard for customer service.

MB
Hey no offense meant on my part Mike. The only negatives Ive seen have been on other forums and all in the past. Did they have a chip on their shoulder? I have no idea!
None of us are perfect and I dont expect people or company's to all be perfect. My choice of words was not very good. My intent was to say that perhaps they (ultimatum) can have a second chance regarding all of this.
My opinion of you and your work is all good. I am a fan boy of no company. I am fan of what works and works well. I shoot regularly with guys and vudoos all generations. A few of these guys have 3-4 setups. I have a pretty good idea of their strengths and weaknesses and how they have improved with your upgrades over time.
I called down and had a discussion with your sidekick before I ordered a rifle I had all of my questions answered and answered well. It was a very hard choice on my part but being used to 60⁰ bolt lift I decided to pre-order a Deuce thinking that I would find a 90⁰ um clumsy. Also being Canadian... 😉 After waiting most of a year in frustration I decided thats it I'm buying a rifle at that point there was a fair wait time for a vudoo and I was able to grab a RimX right away. Knowing what I know now 90⁰ is a non-issue and a year ago I probably would have done things different but....

Now you introduce the 360.... on second thoughts maybe I dont like you. 🤣🤣

In all seriousness I have not liked this wait at all. If a piece of equipment I run fails I talk to the manufacturer you wont find me on here crying about it. If a piece of equipment works well I recommend it on its own merits not because of a name. I believe what you and the guys on here say about your CS. But even IF CS lacked in the past you have proven that you have outstanding CS now and that is all that matters.

I'm glad I stirred the pot a little and made people speak up about their experience. I found it very interesting how fast people stepped up. You should be proud and humbled but the impact your work has left in the community. Keep it up!
As part of the Canadian Rimfire Precision Series I see the support you are putting into the rifle loaner program that we started. Allowing guys to come out and shoot a competition without having to buy a rifle and gear and see what its all about. We are seeing a lot of new shooters every match. You could say 22lr is literally exploding lol!

All the best
John G

Hey no offense meant on my part Mike. The only negatives Ive seen have been on other forums and all in the past. Did they have a chip on their shoulder? I have no idea!
None of us are perfect and I dont expect people or company's to all be perfect. My choice of words was not very good. My intent was to say that perhaps they (ultimatum) can have a second chance regarding all of this.
My opinion of you and your work is all good. I am a fan boy of no company. I am fan of what works and works well. I shoot regularly with guys and vudoos all generations. A few of these guys have 3-4 setups. I have a pretty good idea of their strengths and weaknesses and how they have improved with your upgrades over time.
I called down and had a discussion with your sidekick before I ordered a rifle I had all of my questions answered and answered well. It was a very hard choice on my part but being used to 60⁰ bolt lift I decided to pre-order a Deuce thinking that I would find a 90⁰ um clumsy. Also being Canadian... 😉 After waiting most of a year in frustration I decided thats it I'm buying a rifle at that point there was a fair wait time for a vudoo and I was able to grab a RimX right away. Knowing what I know now 90⁰ is a non-issue and a year ago I probably would have done things different but....

Now you introduce the 360.... on second thoughts maybe I dont like you. 🤣🤣

In all seriousness I have not liked this wait at all. If a piece of equipment I run fails I talk to the manufacturer you wont find me on here crying about it. If a piece of equipment works well I recommend it on its own merits not because of a name. I believe what you and the guys on here say about your CS. But even IF CS lacked in the past you have proven that you have outstanding CS now and that is all that matters.

I'm glad I stirred the pot a little and made people speak up about their experience. I found it very interesting how fast people stepped up. You should be proud and humbled but the impact your work has left in the community. Keep it up!
As part of the Canadian Rimfire Precision Series I see the support you are putting into the rifle loaner program that we started. Allowing guys to come out and shoot a competition without having to buy a rifle and gear and see what its all about. We are seeing a lot of new shooters every match. You could say 22lr is literally exploding lol!

All the best
John G
I get it Dude and I wasn't offended at all, just had to speak based on relevance. You're certainly making valid points that I easily support and I'm always happy to have healthy dialogue....which is easy within this community. The cool things is, we (Vudoo) are very protective of this community and in turn, the community protects us as well, which is definitely humbling.

One of the things you touched on that I'll refer to in a broader reality is, it's a great time to be involved in rimfire. You certainly had the freedom of choice based on your experiences and desires and that's pretty incredible, no matter where one sits.

Thanks John, I appreciate your response and you're always welcome to reach out if you need anything at all....👊

MB

I'm curious who kept their pre-orders. I canceled mine and ordered a three 60.

I don't do pre-orders, just not my cup of tee

I was waiting with bated breath to eagerly purchase one... with all the delays my 360 already arrived...

Still might add one down the road if I like what I see when I get a chance to put hands on one in person

Have the 360s been reviewed yet. I love my 60-degree bolt throw

but After been told on both my Ulitmatum centerfire rifles they are "in customs" or in "final finishing" and several more months go by I finally canceled my deuce

Would not consider another pre-order or ordering anything from them until items are actually in stock

At this point Ultimatum is much like the Cybertruck, https://rivian.com/ or Lucid Air

I can claim my product is better in everyway and will cost way less than a competitor

However until it is actually in the market and availble for review by regular people, it is all hearsay and snake oil.

Would like to see one in the wild before I would contemplate reorder. Really want to see how long they will be "held up by customs"

From 2019 til mid summer 2021 and no customers have got their hand on the products yet I assume?

Myself and one if the guys a I shoot with both g got our final invoices. Mine is being assembled this week.

Just received notice that my Deuce just arrived at my FFL. Headed down to get it tomorrow. Can’t wait to put it together an play with it.

Reactions: benalbee
Its here! The Ultimatum Precision Deuce showed up! It has a 1-12 twist straight no taper 22" pipe from International Barrels. I was concerned tha the shorter barrel would make it harder to balance but its perfect in the Modular Driven Technologies ACC. I use the same weight configuration as with my 26" heavy palma balance is the same.
I installed a single stage Triggertech Diamond. The timing is off slightly but Derek let me know they have a fix in the works and will send the part. My understanding is this is a single stage diamond thing.

With the bolt being a one piece and not a mid-lock it is basically impossible to bind the bolt. Bolt lift is incredibly smooth and light. Bolt close was not great. I did a couple of minor tweaks and it is now acceptable. Its a nicer smoother bolt then most but I have a RimX.... 😉 I expect once we have the timing sorted.. ya gonna be nice! I really like the 60⁰ lift and the bolt knob position it suits my technique perfectly.

Mags fed flawless with no hangup's in the 40-50 rounds I cycled through. The mag stack is captured in the action creating a solid lockup with little mag movement when pushed against a barricade. There is lots of adjustment on the mag height and it will work with both the regular and short MDT mag catches.

Fit and finish is very good and overall I am impressed with the action. I may do a couple of posts here and there as I use it but will not comment to much until I have a few thousand rounds through it.
20210902_220719.jpg