• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

US POW released after 5yrs

One of the key issues that is forgotten is unlike POW/MIA cases of the Nam era we are no longer drafting unwilling C.O. hippys that never wanted to be Soldiers. Nam was a cluster fuck there are still Soldiers unaccounted for that were captured/killed who lie in unmarked graves .They died as Soldiers. God Bless them and their Familys. There are also scumbags that just walked away to get high in Thailand or got their throats cut dealing black market goods the real Soldiers needed . My they rot in Hell. Todays Military has no draft so this SCUMBAG Traitor has no excuse. It's as if he enlisted to get a free ride to go join his fellow Taliban. He but himself in a position to gather intel. Faked capture and lured good men to their deaths. Then has himself traded for his captured brethren . His father being in contact all the time is the real kicker. They both are SPYS and TRAITERS and being as we are at WAR need to be HUNG as such . There needs to be a full investigation to see just how many of our so called "Leaders" are turning their heads to this crap or using it to their own ends. We are at WAR and being a traitor is still a hanging offence. ALL EMENYS FOREGIN or DOMESTIC or is this forgotten too!!! While your at it set a noose for SNOWDEN and Dzhokhar Tsarnaev

pawprint2
That's what happens when you allow a Leader to pass Executive Orders unchecked for fear of being labled a Racist

Last edited:
I feel the price that we paid to trade for him was too high. What ever happened to we don't negotiate with terrorists. We traded five high value, high threat prisoners from gitmo for this, and I think its going to hurt us in the end.

I am concerned about all the soldiers breaking their NDAs to speak out on the subject.

Also, everything we know about the five that were turned over is directly from the Bradley Manning wikileaks files.

There is a lot of classified information moving in the public sphere, and there is even more that still hasn't made it out.

pawprint2
That's what happens when you allow a Leader to pass Executive Orders unchecked for fear of being labled a Racist
You may be correct, however; we have a plethora of General Officers/Sec of Defense and scores of "hanger-ons" that have publicly supported this decision, and as of yet, I have not heard of even one senior Military Officer, decide to turn in his/her retirement papers, thus allowing them to speak out. Cowardice and the lack of honor or integrity isn't just limited to one man, beit the POTUS, or our deserter, there's enough trash in D.C. to overflow every landfill in the US!!!!!

I, for one, will wait until after what I can only imagine is a thorough debriefing *and* the guy's inevitable first major sit-down media interview before casting judgement.
Do you really believe that the government OR the media will tell the truth about him deserting? The media will paint him as a hero so Obama doesn't look like the idiot he is.

pawprint2
With all the head hunting scandal in the Military lately it makes it hard to tell if they are keeping their heads down and waiting to see what the next election brings or if they agree. Falling on your sworn my sound noble but it still takes you out of the fight! True Leaders that put their men first sometimes have to remain silent to remain in a position to protect these men. It also creates a place for the Traitors to hide. I think the only way you should be allowed become Commander and Chief of our great nation is to have SERVED in it's MILITARY and worked your way up as a Grunt .POGS are running wars that's where we went wrong years ago. The same douche bags that protested the Nam conflict, spit on returning vets , got high while fucking patriots women while hiding behind a collage exemption are calling the shots that cost Americans lives. W.T.F.

Be careful about maligning the Nam generation, they are not what younger people have been led to believe by the general media and cultural story line. Facts and my experience says they were actually better than the "greatest generation". Please refrain from comparing this scumbag to even the worst Nam generation GI, this fkr got 6 of his guys killed by deserting and handing over tactical info to the enemy.

Boilerup
If your waiting for the Truth to come from liberal media. Remember Reporters are cut from the same cloth as the Draft Dodging Scumbags in my last post. Reporters killed more people by swaying public opinion and having those chasing the vote pull much need support from our troops than any other single factor in history. Those who were there have told the tail. Good enough for me.

You may be correct, however; we have a plethora of General Officers/Sec of Defense and scores of "hanger-ons" that have publicly supported this decision, and as of yet, I have not heard of even one senior Military Officer, decide to turn in his/her retirement papers, thus allowing them to speak out. Cowardice and the lack of honor or integrity isn't just limited to one man, beit the POTUS, or our deserter, there's enough trash in D.C. to overflow every landfill in the US!!!!!

If you note the number of good senior officers that have been sacked by this regime it might give pause to this statement.

ArmyJerry
No disrespect intended to you or any SOLDIERS of the NAM era. Point was there were a bunch riding on the coat tails of Soldiers that never even fought and got good men killed. Main reason chopper pilots carried pistols was the guys that dropped their rifles and headed to LZ leaving Soldiers to die. They were DRAFTED this latest SCUMBAG ENLISTED = He is even worse

I have read the reports from soliders in his unit, that were there and actually knew him. Their public testimony about Bergdahl has been rather damning, and obviously there are a number of questions about the circumstances about his "capture", the most telling IMO being soldiers required to sign NDAs about his disappearance.

That said, one might forgive me if I want to see the guy get fully debriefed and tell HIS version of the story in front of a camera - or better yet, tell his story while looking the families of the men killed looking for him in the eyes - before pushing him toward the gallows like the rest of the internet over the last 72 hours. If he's guilty of what he's been accused of then yes, he is a traitor and deserves all the 'benefits' the title entails...but as I said, I'm withholding my own judgement until I learn more about the situation.

Also, the timing of this release is rather "curious"...given the whole VA scandal thing of the past week. Actually, no it isn't, its typical Washington.

I have to believe that command knew all of this information before negotiating the exchange.
There's more to this story than anyone of us know or are being told.
I could speculate all day, but it's just guessing.
Heck, for all we know this kid was trained to do exactly what he did, to gather intelligence, and the information he will provide will negate the loss of those detainees.
Maybe he had a fucking tracking chip embedded somewhere. Who knows? They do some amazing shit these days.

"We were at OP Mest, Paktika Province, Afghanistan. It was a small
outpost where B Co 1-501st INF (Airbone) ran operations out of, just an
Infantry platoon and ANA counterparts there.
The place was an Afghan graveyard. Bergdahl had been acting a little
strange, telling people he wanted to "walk the earth" and kept a little
journal talking about how he was meant for better things. No one thought
anything about it. He was a little “out there”. Next morning he's gone.
We search everywhere, and can't find him. He left his weapon, his kit,
and other sensitive items. He only took some water, a compass and a
knife. We find some afghan kids shortly after who saw an american
walking north asking about where the taliban are. We get hits on our
voice intercepter that Taliban has him, and we were close. We come to
realize that the kid deserted his post, snuck out of camp and sought out
Taliban… to join them. We were in a defensive position at OP Mest,
where your focus is to keep people out. He knew where the blind spots
were to slip out and that's what he did. It was supposed to be a 4-day
mission but turned into several months of active searching. Everyone was
spun up to find this guy. News outlets all over the country were
putting out false information. It was hard to see, especially when we
knew the truth about what happened and we lost good men trying to find
him. PFC Matthew Michael Martinek, Staff Sgt. Kurt Robert Curtiss, SSG
Clayton Bowen, PFC Morris Walker, SSG Michael Murphrey, 2LT Darryn
Andrews, were all KIA from our unit who died looking for Bergdahl. Many
others from various units were wounded or killed while actively looking
for Bergdahl. Fighting Increased. IEDs and enemy ambushes increased. The
Taliban knew that we were looking for him in high numbers and our
movements were predictable. Because of Bergdahl, more men were out in
danger, and more attacks on friendly camps and positions were conducted
while we were out looking for him. His actions impacted the region more
than anyone wants to admit. There is also no way to know what he told
the Taliban: Our movements, locations, tactics, weak points on vehicles
and other things for the enemy to exploit are just a few possibilities.
The Government knows full well that he deserted. It looks bad and is a
good propaganda piece for the Taliban. They refuse to acknowledge it.
Hell they even promoted him to Sergeant which makes me sick. I feel for
his family who only want their son/brother back. They don’t know the
truth, or refuse to acknowledge it as well. What he did affected his
family and his whole town back home, who don’t know the truth. Either
way what matters is that good men died because of him. He has been lying
on all those Taliban videos about everything since his “capture”. If he
ever returns, he should be tried under the UCMJ for being a deserter
and judged for what he did. Bergdahl is not a hero, he is not a soldier
or an Infantryman. He failed his brothers. Now, sons and daughters are
growing up without their fathers who died for him and he will have to
face that truth someday."

Why don't exchange these terrorists with the targets at the practice range?
That is an exchange plan that makes sense and I support.

Also I am not sure what to think about the entire deal.
We know Obama will do anything to look good on The Sheep's News Channels no matter what the implications.

Heres MR. Bergdahl speaking good English in 2009....

LiveLeak.com - Taliban Video of POW Bowe Bergdahl - Longer Version

Then more related stories starting to pop up...

6 soldiers killed searching for ?deserter? POW, fueling backlash | New York Post

This could be a case of Saving Private Ryan only this time Ryan might come with some "unknown baggage".
Too early to say but as the entire truth unveils it will be interesting to see what the facts are behind all this.

The truth is out there.

Last edited:
We have a decorated veteran imprisoned down in Mexico right now that I would be more than happy to hear my government exchanged a few Mexican nationals for...

Something is afoot here in this present situation... I just don’t see the upside for POTUS yet. I can’t believe it is a redirection for the VA as this did nothing but inflame those directly affected by that wound.

Niles Coyote said:
omething is afoot here in this present situation... I just don’t see the upside for POTUS yet. I can’t believe it is a redirection for the VA as this did nothing but inflame those directly affected by that wound.

They don't care about the opinions of veterans...they care about the opinions of the naive public.

"Hey, we brought a prisoner of war home after 5 years in captivity!" goes a long way toward Joe Sixpack thinking "Maybe Obama doesn't hate veterans after all, if he worked to get one back"...

They don't care about the opinions of veterans...they care about the opinions of the naive public.

You maybe right, but anyone that has family or friends that need the VA know while it is bad now, it has been bad for many decades... Thats the great thing about 100% government run health care... it never gets better but we can make you wait longer.

Let's play a little game called "How many terrorists am I worth?" smh

That depends. If you walk over to the enemy and/or give them a hand... say 5 or more, it just depends on how many we have left at the time and/or how close we are to 2016. Now if you stand and fight to the bitter end or run to the aid of other Americans doing the same... I have one word for you... Benghazi.

That depends. If you walk over to the enemy and/or give them a hand... say 5 or more, it just depends on how many we have left at the time and/or how close we are to 2016. Now if you stand and fight to the bitter end or run to the aid of other Americans doing the same... I have one word for you... Benghazi.

So far they have named people he is directly responsible for the death of.

Agreed. I'm sure during the "enhanced interrogations" they stuck plenty of stuff in them. We can only hope a GPS Tracker for a spy drone was included free of charge for each them.

Welcome home!

An ounce or so of some insanely powerful binary explosive with a remote detonator would be FUN too. Detonate them when the Taliban does their "Victory over America" photo op.

We have a decorated veteran imprisoned down in Mexico right now that I would be more than happy to hear my government exchanged a few Mexican nationals for...

Non-starter. Now if we agreed to take a few million more...

If you note the number of good senior officers that have been sacked by this regime it might give pause to this statement.
No pause given, we have indeed had a lot of good men sacked, the Navy has been hurt more than the others (that I know of), but in regards to my statement, I am referring to the topic of the discussion, and in regards to this situation, I stand pat. I have not heard of even one senior Military officer-not one-turning in his/her retirement papers, thus allowing them to exercise their 1st ADM rights, once no longer on active duty. If you have heard of one, please post the info, I have not.

Fry his ass. Plain and simple. He on his own accord walked off a COP. Soldiers died as a direct result. Try him for murder or at least manslaughter.

Fry his ass. Plain and simple. He on his own accord walked off a COP. Soldiers died as a direct result. Try him for murder or at least manslaughter.

Treason would be a better charge cause then they could hang him.

US POW released after 5yrs

Treason would be a better charge cause then they could hang him.
Let's think about that for a minute: Trade five of the remaining top Taliban we hold in custody for the purpose of hanging one of our own enlisted men.

Hmmm.... That may not be the enemy's plan, but it would do a lot more for them than it would ever do for us.

Last edited:
Let's think about that for a minute: Trade five of the remaining top Taliban we hold in custody for the purpose of hanging one of our own enlisted men.

Hmmm.... That may not be the enemy's plan, but it would do a lot more for them than it would ever do for us.

True but my original quote was that he wanted to try him for murder/manslaughter. He'd prob walk on those charges. Hopefully they get to the bottom of this and if he deserted I hope they fry him and his dad!!!!!!!

IF the stories being reported about leaving a desertion note and intentionally searching out the Taliban to join are true then he absolutely should be tried in courts martial. Desertion in a time of war is not absolved simply because your desertion made it hard for you. If there is any shred of the rule of law still existing then he will be tried and the Predident prosecuted for the unilateral decision to release 5 of our enemies without review by committee as required by law. But hey, no one is talking about the VA right?!

Be careful treading the no-politics rule yall. Far as Im concerned theres none really worth talking about anyway.

I only have one question, regarding claims of him being directly responsible for the deaths of soldiers. When yall say directly, do yall mean he was observed having participated in the ambushes on the troops? Or do you mean the troops were killed while searching for the man who purposefully deserted?

Not much difference when boiled all down, but if its the first one there is no question he should be hanged in public.

As far as terrorists taking hostages, I recall a lesser-known incident in which Russian diplomats were taken hostage in ?Lebanon? I believe? Needless to say, there were no negotiations. The terrorists and their families learned pretty quickly that Russia is not as nice as America.

Be careful treading the no-politics rule yall. Far as Im concerned theres none really worth talking about anyway.

I only have one question, regarding claims of him being directly responsible for the deaths of soldiers. When yall say directly, do yall mean he was observed having participated in the ambushes on the troops? Or do you mean the troops were killed while searching for the man who purposefully deserted?

Not much difference when boiled all down, but if its the first one there is no question he should be hanged in public.

As far as terrorists taking hostages, I recall a lesser-known incident in which Russian diplomats were taken hostage in ?Lebanon? I believe? Needless to say, there were no negotiations. The terrorists and their families learned pretty quickly that Russia is not as nice as America.

As far as I know, soldiers were killed while looking for him. I still feel that he is directly responsible for their deaths. Who really knows just how many soldiers or marines died as a direct result of his actions. Not only his desertion, but him actually helping the enemy.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

As far as I know, soldiers were killed while looking for him. I still feel that he is directly responsible for their deaths
"Directly responsible" means direct causation: He ordered it or he pulled the trigger himself. Not enough evidence here to believe that.

Prisoner exchanges are as old as War itself . . . is this really so unusual? I suppose however, that terminology is important in regards to this exchange. Were the Gitmo Detainees POWs, enemy combatants, criminals? Was Bergdahl a soldier POW, deserter, expatriate? The minutiae here is pretty interesting, as is the litany of technical missteps committed by the current administration and the one previous to it in contextualizing the actors and actions in this situation.

Otherwise, I hope the Secret Service have seen or heard of Showtime`s Homeland. Theyre gonna let this guy on stage to be seen shaking hands with the president and the next thing you know everyone will be blown to bits.

I havent totally ruled out that this was some type of ploy by the CIA/Intelligence Community though.

Prisoner exchanges are as old as War itself . . . is this really so unusual? I suppose however, that terminology is important in regards to this exchange. Were the Gitmo Detainees POWs, enemy combatants, criminals? Was Bergdahl a soldier POW, deserter, expatriate? The minutiae here is pretty interesting, as is the litany of technical missteps committed by the current administration and the one previous to it in contextualizing the actors and actions in this situation.
When you ask, "Were the Gitmo Detainees POWs..." , you demonstrate you complete lack of knowledge on the subject. Some much so, I recommend you spend some time reading-then maybe you'll get a handle on what constitutes a POW, and you won't be confused over the difference between a POW and a criminal. To even begin to equate the two, you are spitting on every American that has been a POW. Allow me to clear the air for you, and give you start in some basic understanding, POWs are not criminals. Get back to us, after you have done some basic study, start slow, you have a long way to go.

"Directly responsible" means direct causation: He ordered it or he pulled the trigger himself. Not enough evidence here to believe that.

Speaking of evidence and trial, there is a good point that he has a right to one before being declared traitor etc. He may very well be, but it should be determined through the appropriate means and assuming he will face trial for his alleged desertion I'm glad he's back.

Whether or not his return could only have been affected through this prisoner exchange is another issue. I am interested however in the circumvention of Congress issue. See how that plays out...

Wow, "news" channels did very well in telling you guys what to think... I don't recall such adamant statements regarding him before? It was talking heads and politicians who have never worn the uniform for one day that are calling him a traitor, etc. Not to run afoul of the no politics rule, I feel he's being used by both sides for that reason. Anyway, enough said about that.

So we haven't heard Bergdahl's side of the story. He hasn't had a chance to speak, only these others --who only speak for reasons benefiting themselves. Let's hear him. Why was he outside the wire that night? He didn't carry much, so he obviously wasn't a deserter or traitor --maybe he was meeting some guy to buy marijuana or some shit. Bad enough, I know, but IMO that doesn't make him a traitor. And the mistake he made, well, also IMO he's paid for it for five years. Know too he was fresh out of basic and sent to his unit and straight to 'Stan. FNG of the highest order, and I bet he didn't fit in with the guys that had been together forever. Especially if he was replacing someone loved. Not in the few months he'd been there.

Deserter would have carried more shit, a defector would have carried more shit plus weapons and intel and anyone planning on NOT returning right away would have carried more shit --including plenty of water. Anyone planning on going very far or expecting meeting the enemy would have carried a weapon too. That's why I think he went to meet someone to buy weed or some shit, someone he met and maybe thought he knew. He was duped and ambushed instead of buying the contraband something, maybe even just a "walk around the park". Again, stupid but not worth death or more prison time or even dishonor. It's been five years. And every soldier I'm sure would have wanted to look for this kid. I know had I been there and knowing the circumstances, I'd have wanted to look for him myself. I'd do that for the person I most disliked in my unit even --nobody belongs in enemy hands. Don't you guys get that?

How many of you would want to be in Taliban hands for FIVE years? And he didn't look so fit in all of those pictures either. In one they beat the shit out of his face. Also, before you make a video of a hostage, you are supposed to clean 'em up and fatten 'em up for a bit before showing them, provided that's the angle you want. If fully clothed, those areas can be beaten too. I doubt he was treated so well between videos. We'll find out.

I met one POW at the VA here that Saddam fucked with for just a few weeks or so during Desert Storm 1 and this guy is STILL fucked up. He can barely talk! Even today! They BROKE this man somehow. I feel so sorry for him, he's like a child now in a lot of ways in a 40+yo man's body.

Welcome back Bowe, sorry it seems you may have an uphill battle returning home. Hope for your sake you have a good reason or even a stupid one to be outside the wire that night.

Maybe just Maybe this guy just needed a ride "home " after a little "Hearts an Minds" visit wit some Taliban Sooo Our exalted Grand Pooba thinks. What the hell am I gonnna do with them Gitzmo Mo Fo's that nobody wants . Tell them we come pick you up but you gotta tell them camel fuckers to take sum of these bitches making me look bad back yeah yeah that bring the ratings up and make a good book tooo!!!
Sometimes the answer is right there all you gotta do is think "What is the most fucked up reason for this" and BAM it hits you. True life is often way stranger than anything you can make up.

When you ask, "Were the Gitmo Detainees POWs..." , you demonstrate you complete lack of knowledge on the subject. Some much so, I recommend you spend some time reading-then maybe you'll get a handle on what constitutes a POW, and you won't be confused over the difference between a POW and a criminal. To even begin to equate the two, you are spitting on every American that has been a POW. Allow me to clear the air for you, and give you start in some basic understanding, POWs are not criminals. Get back to us, after you have done some basic study, start slow, you have a long way to go.

I think you miss his point - I don't read it as a point of ignorance, but a point of precision. In other words, "lets all be clear on what we are talking about an use the right description". As in people are calling this guy a "POW" and the deal a "prisioner swap". Being lazy about the descriptors lessens the severity of what actually happened.

This guy is a deserter being swapped for enenmy combatants. Very different that a "prisioner swap".

EDIT, I just re-read the first line of his post, and, yeah, he's wrong. Calling this a normal prisioner swap is stupid.