• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo Gun Works V-22 Rimfire Bolt Action

After too many hours reading over 3000 post, I finally bought a Vudoo V-22 barreled action last night a 18" Kukri and TT Diamond, after a couple of phone calls with Paul. Paul was very helpful and the barrel I wanted was in stock and will ship on Monday. Great customer service. I was never put on hold, I hate the recorded option of giving number, not loosing place in line and we will call you back.

I'm fairly new to the game. I've shot two matches with a loner, with Vudoo action and barrel. Now I'm basically hooked and all in. Looking forward to shootin my own next month.

That's awesome TXSHOOTR and welcome to the Vudoo family. Reach out anytime if you need anything either via PM here or my email, [email protected].

MB

I plan to mount a Vortex PST Gen 2 5-25 on Vudoo Apparition with large bolt handle. What size rings do you guys recommend? Thanks
Here's the 5-25x50 Viper PST on my Vudoo (with 30MOA rail), with 1.26" Vortex PMR rings. The scope is a bit too high, but I already had these rings and, with a ballistic calculator, height really doesn't matter.

I tried my temporarily-idle 4.5-27x56 Razor on the Vudoo this week. Same height rings. With its 56mm objective, the bell is a bit closer to the barrel. The Razor will stay on the Vudoo. Given that I shoot the Vudoo FAR more in competition and playtime than my other rifles combined, it makes sense to enjoy the superior turret and overall feel on that rifle. It's arguable that a Razor on any .22 is overkill, but I have both scopes and this makes sense for me.

If you haven't "gone there" yet, here's another lesson I learned, representative of what most have verified with their Vudoos: unless you are simply compelled to try other ammunition types, Lapua Center-X is your easy default. I've tried a bunch of others, including Lapua Midas+ and Eley Match, and Center-X wins out. Which makes sense because Mike designed the V-22 chamber around it. (The SK Std+ in the photo came from a brick I got in a raffle and, like CCI SV, is fine for practice out to 100.)

Hope this helps.
+1t+vmsKQgWTpYTZ%j0lOQ_thumb_76.jpg

Here's the 5-25x50 Viper PST on my Vudoo (with 30MOA rail), with 1.26" Vortex PMR rings. The scope is a bit too high, but I already had these rings and, with a ballistic calculator, height really doesn't matter.

I tried my temporarily-idle 4.5-27x56 Razor on the Vudoo this week. Same height rings. With its 56mm objective, the bell is a bit closer to the barrel. The Razor will stay on the Vudoo. Given that I shoot the Vudoo FAR more in competition and playtime than my other rifles combined, it makes sense to enjoy the superior turret and overall feel on that rifle. It's arguable that a Razor on any .22 is overkill, but I have both scopes and this makes sense for me.

If you haven't "gone there" yet, here's another lesson I learned, representative of what most have verified with their Vudoos: unless you are simply compelled to try other ammunition types, Lapua Center-X is your easy default. I've tried a bunch of others, including Lapua Midas+ and Eley Match, and Center-X wins out. Which makes sense because Mike designed the V-22 chamber around it. (The SK Std+ in the photo came from a brick I got in a raffle and, like CCI SV, is fine for practice out to 100.)

Hope this helps.
View attachment 7188655
Thanks for the help on the scope and ammo.

Ravage, just curious, how many Vudoo's have been sold. Barreled actions and complete builds total. If it's none of my business, that's fine too.

Thanks

Eddie

Ravage, just curious, how many Vudoo's have been sold. Barreled actions and complete builds total. If it's none of my business, that's fine too.

Thanks

Eddie

I don't have an actual number in front of me, but well over 2000 and we've been shipping for just over two years. We've shipped about five times that many magazines....

MB

Loving my Vudoo, however, when I load into the rifle on a barricade the magazine pushes back and I get a FT Feed from the lead pushing into the breech face instead of going into the chamber. Does anyone have a fix for this? MPA chassis.

Thanks!

I had the same issue with my 40XB repeater in a Manners T4A with their mini chassis. A 6-48 allen head screw in the rear of the magazine did the trick of keeping a barricade or anything else from pushing the mag back and causing it to tilt enough to cause feed issues.

Attachments

• DSC_1222.JPG
    DSC_1222.JPG
    264.5 KB · Views: 67
  • DSC_1223.JPG
    DSC_1223.JPG
    253.3 KB · Views: 63
Does anyone have any luck getting there Magneto Speed V3 to work with .22LR? I can not get it to pick up anything.
Thanks

Does anyone have any luck getting there Magneto Speed V3 to work with .22LR? I can not get it to pick up anything.
Thanks
Have you turned your sensitivity up? Mine works well with 22lr with only a very occasional missed shot. I think I have my sensitivity set on 6. I even tend to run more gap than suggested with no problems.

Have you turned your sensitivity up? Mine works well with 22lr with only a very occasional missed shot. I think I have my sensitivity set on 6. I even tend to run more gap than suggested with no problems.
I have it turned the whole up and the gap up pretty close. I'll try it lower. I have never tried it with .22 before. So now I know it will work. I'll play around with it more. I was ready to buy a Labradar.

I have it turned the whole up and the gap up pretty close. I'll try it lower. I have never tried it with .22 before. So now I know it will work. I'll play around with it more. I was ready to buy a Labradar.
Yep it has worked well for me. Occasionally it will miss a shot but only very occasionally. Not sure what else to suggest other than the sensitivity and you've tried that so maybe someone else will chime in with a suggestion

Yep it has worked well for me. Occasionally it will miss a shot but only very occasionally. Not sure what else to suggest other than the sensitivity and you've tried that so maybe someone else will chime in with a suggestion

Loving my Vudoo, however, when I load into the rifle on a barricade the magazine pushes back and I get a FT Feed from the lead pushing into the breech face instead of going into the chamber. Does anyone have a fix for this? MPA chassis.

Thanks!
Is there any vertical play in the magazine with the bolt closed? If so, that's probably your issue; it's related to the permissible tolerances in the MPA mag well - tolerances which would make no difference at all in a centerfire action but which do matter with the tiny .22 cartridge. In my rifle, this vertical play resulted in an occasional failure to pick up the last round in the magazine; I can't say what would have happened by front-loading the magazine. Among two of my shooting buddies and myself, we have three Vudoos in MPA BA Comp chassis and mine was - emphasis on was - the only one that had vertical play in the mag with slight finger pressure. It wasn't related to the magazines; it was definitely the mag well tolerance on the chassis.

I'd say call or email the Vudoo crew. Providing a video of how much play there is in the magazine - up/down, front-rear - will help.

I'm not saying what the fix was for me simply because your described situation might be slightly different from mine, and I don't presume to step in front of @RAVAGE88 when he, Paul, Jill, and the rest of the crew are so prompt in addressing ANY question or issue.

Had to turn the sensitivity up to 4 on my V-3. Top of the gauge rides just a little higher than the bottom of the bore, no more than 1/16”.
On sensitivity setting #3 it would intermittently miss a shot. Have not missed a shot with the setting #4.

Sensitivity too high or low caused mine to miss shots or provide inconsistent and crazy readings.

I think mine is set around 5 or 6 as well and I am able to go through multiple boxes of ammo without missing any data.

Thanks!

Glad you're liking your Vudoo, will send a PM with info.

MB

Does your BC look as high as mine? I have seen others estimating .14, etc but using velocity and actual drop at the given conditions, i adjusted the hypothetical BC to match what i was seeing and Boom! Seemed to match at 200 and 300. Maybe this BC is close but seems a bit high to me... but it works.
10, stumbled across a custom BC profile by Litz which used a lower bc for speed approx 1080 down to around 960, say .145, then about .179 or so for speed below that. Don’t recall which ammo. Have used a similar sliding scale of BC’s for subsonic which matched well with real world come ups out to 300. Wonder if Strelock is embedding something similar. Seymour

Reactions: 10ring1
Hay, Ravage88, I enjoyed talking with you in Blakely a few weeks back.
Here is the Single Shot Mag that a very talented friend made.
My Question is WILL YOU MAKE ONE IN THE METAL MAG ASSORTMENT?
Some of us F Class shooters need to go one at a time.

Attachments

• SS Vudoo Mag.JPG
    SS Vudoo Mag.JPG
    56.1 KB · Views: 124
  • SS Vudoo Mag Top.JPG
    SS Vudoo Mag Top.JPG
    51.6 KB · Views: 114
I have my Magnetospeed set at 7 it picks up every shot

Attachments

• 697CB9A0-310A-470F-B100-B4C201BBBE9F.jpeg
    697CB9A0-310A-470F-B100-B4C201BBBE9F.jpeg
    615.1 KB · Views: 131
Hay, Ravage88, I enjoyed talking with you in Blakely a few weeks back.
Here is the Single Shot Mag that a very talented friend made.
My Question is WILL YOU MAKE ONE IN THE METAL MAG ASSORTMENT?
Some of us F Class shooters need to go one at a time.

Hey there, I enjoyed it as well and thanks for showing me the adapter your friend cooked up.

However, following the magazine project I'm working on now, I'm not likely to do a plug-in SS adapter anytime soon as I have other projects to finish up well into 2020.

As far as a "flush" magazine many have asked about, I've referred to the five round machined magazine more as "flush-ish." This is because I'm still using the same outer form as our current 10 round injection molded magazine and it depends on what you plug it into that determines how far, if any, it hangs out.

Here's a pic of the machined five rounder in the JP APAC chassis:

You can see it's flush to the chassis, but plug it into various DBM's and other chassis systems and it won't be as flush. I've been asked to do the smaller form factor mags, but, they're quite cheesy and not designed for a 1.35" receiver diameter. There's a reason Remington wasn't successful in getting them to be reliable in the 40X.

MB

Since we are talking magazines i have a question. My mp chassis has an adjustable mag release and my mags are loose against the release. It feeds well as is but i was wondering should i tighten the release to hold them firmly in the mag well?

Alright, I'm officially in the club! The initial plan was to stick the action in a McMillan A5 that I have, but it has been bedded. The recoil lug on the V-22 is thicker, so I would have to grind out some of the bedding to fit it. I'd rather not do that since it will be getting it's own Manners PRS-2 when it's finished. SO, I stuck it in a Manners T4A for the time being. Perfect fit! It's 8PM at night here, but I had to check function and everything... I loaded up 5 Aguila Super Colibri, screwed on my Element2 suppressor and when out on my back porch. Every one fed flawlessly. This rounds, with their shortened, lightweight projectiles are always somewhat problematic as far as feeding goes, but not with the V-22. It fed and extracted them perfectly. I like to shoot those rounds in my backyard as they are really low energy and quieter than a pellet gun with the suppressor. The fit and finish of the action is impeccable. I am thrilled to have it. It came with a 20 minute rail, but I really need to get a 40 minute one. Other than that, it's ready to go. The Manners PRS-2 will be in Swamp Camo and I going to run Surgeon bottom metal. I also have a Timney Calvin Elite on the way.

IMG_2027.jpg

I know that I probably look like an idiot having a suppressor wrap on a rimfire, but I think and it looks awesome, and it helps protect it when I bang it into stuff!
IMG_2028.jpg

IMG_2026.jpg

Last edited:
Alright, I'm officially in the club! The initial plan was to stick the action in a McMillan A5 that I have, but it has been bedded. The recoil lug on the V-22 is thicker, so I would have to grind out some of the bedding to fit it. I'd rather not do that since it will be getting it's own Manners PRS-2 when it's finished. SO, I stuck it in a Manners T4A for the time being. Perfect fit! It's 8PM at night here, but I had to check function and everything... I loaded up 5 Aguila Super Colibri, screwed on my Element2 suppressor and when out on my back porch. Every one fed flawlessly. This rounds, with their shortened, lightweight projectiles are always somewhat problematic as far as feeding goes, but not with the V-22. It fed and extracted them perfectly. I like to shoot those rounds in my backyard as they are really low energy and quieter than a pellet gun with the suppressor. The fit and finish of the action is impeccable. I am thrilled to have it. It came with a 20 minute rail, but I really need to get a 40 minute one. Other than that, it's ready to go. The Manners PRS-2 will be in Swamp Camo and I going to run Surgeon bottom metal. I also have a Timney Calvin Elite on the way.

View attachment 7190485

I know that I probably look like an idiot having a suppressor wrap on a rimfire, but I think and it looks awesome, and it helps protect it when I bang it into stuff!
View attachment 7190486

View attachment 7190487
Welcome to the voodoo Club that's a beautiful rifle

Reactions: RAVAGE88
Shooter1960655 It is an Athlon Ares Etr. I really like this scope. I have the same scope on another rifle. For the money it is hard to beat. I shoot a nightforce atacr but I have to tell you that for a third of the price this scope is a no brainer, glass is damn good and has all the features my Atacr has. I highly recommend it.

Thanks for the answer back do you think it would be an improvement over my PST 5 by 25 maybe I'll try one! Thank you very much!

I don't have any experience with the pst but I did own a Razor and the Athlon is as good in my opinion. I use the APRS1 reticle and I really like it. It has the floating dot instead of cross hair and in my opinion it is the best reticle Athlon offers.

Reactions: Shooter1960655
Made it out to the range today and ran into a problem. Ran a box of America Eagle just for break in. Shot great, zeroed it in, shooting sub moa. switched to SK long rifle match and started having a problem. Couldn't get the bolt to close. when it wouldn't close it wouldn't open either. ejected the mag, then I could run the bolt again the round would eject. this didn't happen with every round. Any idea what could cause this?

Made it out to the range today and ran into a problem. Ran a box of America Eagle just for break in. Shot great, zeroed it in, shooting sub moa. switched to SK long rifle match and started having a problem. Couldn't get the bolt to close. when it wouldn't close it wouldn't open either. ejected the mag, then I could run the bolt again the round would eject. this didn't happen with every round. Any idea what could cause this?

It's likely there are remnants of the American Eagle stuff muckin up the works, chamber wasn't designed for it. Clean the chamber and breech face very well and try it again. If you continue to have an issue, shoot me a PM or an email ([email protected]).

Thanks,
MB

Rookie mistake. won't happen again. apologies to all.
Meh, shoot what you want. Just understand performance & apparently function maybe degraded.....clean her up & repeat.

I don’t won’t shoot copper coated slugs through my higher end .22lr’s but that is more mental than anything.

Proto Machined Mags are back from Ano, turned out beautifully and work awesome. Fixture plate is in the machine and full tilt boogie by Wednesday. Made slight revisions to the Base Plate for clearing all the possible DBMs and improving aesthetics. Onto the next cool thing....

4-E52-D468-251-E-4-EF1-A6-FD-24-D81-EF385-CE.jpg

Just to give everyone an idea of what to expect for size, here's a SolidWorks assembly with the five, 10, 12 and 15 round mags. You can also see the difference in the Base Plate between current protos and production version.

0-D550887-01-D7-4-BC2-B601-902-F4-DC86-DC9-1-201-a.jpg

MB