• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What to do when SHTF ?

This is why you identify the distribution centers in your city now (if big enough to have one). If you don't have one find the closest one to you. This will be hard as they do not advertise "big drug warehouse here" and they only deliver in unmarked trucks. But you can find them.

Think outside the box . Don't go for the obvious because most everyone else will. Grocery, drugs, liquor and fuel will be the things everyone wants. Be the thinker who is supplied. Then just defend what you have. JMHO
"Get there the firstest with the mostest." - Gen N.B. Forest

Reactions: Dewey7271
Outstanding thank you! My idea with these antibiotics has been to store them in case of SHTF. I would never use them to self diagnose and treat unless it was the end of days. I just don’t want me or my family to die from a staph infection. Besides, I might be able to trade antibiotics for women slaves from the forbidden zone afte the collapse.
I'm with ya.... I'm going to look into shelf life, etc., and may just procure some myself.....

This is why you identify the distribution centers in your city now (if big enough to have one). If you don't have one find the closest one to you. This will be hard as they do not advertise "big drug warehouse here" and they only deliver in unmarked trucks. But you can find them.

Think outside the box . Don't go for the obvious because most everyone else will. Grocery, drugs, liquor and fuel will be the things everyone wants. Be the thinker who is supplied. Then just defend what you have. JMHO

If your plan is to become a thug and a robber then you are not really one of us. We understand that desperation can drive people to do things they would never consider in normal times. The fact that today you are planing this when you could just as easily be planing not to need it make you someone I don't want to know.

If your plan is to become a thug and a robber then you are not really one of us. We understand that desperation can drive people to do things they would never consider in normal times. The fact that today you are planing this when you could just as easily be planing not to need it make you someone I don't want to know.
I think he’s thinking more zombie apacolypse than run of the mill disaster...

I think he’s thinking more zombie apacolypse than run of the mill disaster...
Ohhh, The topic shifted and I was oblivious. Not the first time. Sorry.

Come SHTF, lets say a nuclear missile hit. Oooh people will do things that they thought they will never do to survive. Pictures this:
There's chaos everywhere and the Pharmacies have all been looted and there's no way to get inhaler for you daughter... she has been have short breath, on an off.
You remember you neighbor also has asthma and he probably has a few inhaler in the house. you spoke to him and he has refused to be of any help to you and you daughter...would you:

A. Beat the shit out of your 72yrs old neighbor
B. walk away.

i know a lot of people would say, if i was 72yrs old, and i could help a little girl feel better, i would. but i have met some elderly people that would do some shocking things. So what say you wisemen and women of the HIDE.
Perfect time to get rid of the burden, the sickly only serve to slowly bring everyone down with them.

People that say that, often don't fully understand how that works & I don't think most people actually are mentally prepared for what that actually entails.

One may feel that they are morally justified in taking from someone else because of their emotional based evaluation, but when it really comes down to rationing done by somebody with enough force at hand to keep people in line and doing things objectively, many will be surprised.

Now you may say it is right to take by force some 72 year old's meds, to keep your young daughter alive but would you feel the same if the powers that be decided to take by force your young daughter's meds because the 72 year old was more valuable to society in their eyes & they decided they should be kept alive instead?

So you are left with either you respect everybody's individual choices to prepare & share or not share on their own self interest, or you have to be prepared for a very harsh reality of what happens when he who has the most force starts deciding who is most valuable to society to keep around.

Even with individual force, that 72 year old may have an idea that young thugs will be coming to get their stuff & may have decent weapons and the will to use them... so do you try or not?... Remember without working hospitals, even if you win the fight, you might die suffering later if you get shot in the wrong place or even badly cut. The 72 year old may be of the persuasion that your little brat is not more important than them, if you couldn't be bothered to prepare enough.

If society and supply lines ever totally go belly up on a more long term basis, it's going to be more dying than most think because of what people will do and what will have to be done to bring back order even in small areas. I'd suggest that when faced with needs that mean life or death, many people will be willing to do anything. Even some of the more honest members here have admitted their stated plans that their group will have no qualms about forming raiding parties to take what they want at gunpoint or kill people over, if said people don't hand over supplies they "need" in quantities and at rates that they want.

It's going to be a really bad time to be a Police officer around the start of things. Eventually any community that wants to survive will have to have plenty of weapons and people willing to use them. The law will probably change to things nobody cares about and things you'll get shot on sight for during those times.

In my area, my actual biggest initial worry is these "Militias" or "Decent neighbors", or "Good well prepared freedom loving types", deciding that their gun(s) is/are what gives them the right to anything they "need". I'm not sure we'll make it to the stage where I'm fighting off government police/troops that are coming to raid your stuff for the public good. There is a pretty good chance there will be few enough folks left that they wont have to.

Venezuela continues to be an object lesson in how it goes. Now as the power grid fails and the hospitals can't treat the sick. People not caring about the law much any more and taking what they need to survive.

Reactions: 4darkseid
Well if you think you can execute your plan than do it. Myself, I am going to educate myself to deal with every possibility. Very rare in normal times that a plan works as planned. So when the shit gets real most plans will change. You plan for what you think will happen. I plan for everything that could happen.

You don't know me. But you can always delete your account if I offend you. JMHO

BTW not a thug, a survivor.

Last edited:
Ohhh, The topic shifted and I was oblivious. Not the first time. Sorry.
The topic is SHTF, that covers many things. Subject has not changed just your understanding of it

Last edited:
Bottom line, if you are a person who needs medicines etc., to survive, and it is a confined event, the best thing to do is get out of that area and go to where there are still services, whether that's the next town over or the next state over. I know that's not always easy, but it is the best bet. Oh, and the Kindle will be toast if an EMP goes off, or even if there is no power to charge it. Better off to print it all out and put it in a binder in a waterproof can somewhere.

Agree in spirit but travelling with that much info is cumbersome. Certainly part of a physical library will get left behind if you have to change locations. Way too many competing priorities. Eventually chose the kindle because its waterproof, you can get a ruggedized case, it runs for about a month of actual use on a single charge, and it takes a tiny amount of power to recharge- but yes you should know how to charge things off your car battery or have a small solar panel (I do). I also plan to keep it in the gunsafe as a level of protection vs an EMP.

Agree in spirit but travelling with that much info is cumbersome. Certainly part of a physical library will get left behind if you have to change locations. Way too many competing priorities. Eventually chose the kindle because its waterproof, you can get a ruggedized case, it runs for about a month of actual use on a single charge, and it takes a tiny amount of power to recharge- but yes you should know how to charge things off your car battery or have a small solar panel (I do). I also plan to keep it in the gunsafe as a level of protection vs an EMP.

One thing just to keep in mind.
Amazon can decide, (or be told to), remove any file/document/book (or for that matter put on) if your kindle happens to connect to the internet, or if the internal cell modem on models so equipped, gets a signal.

Not usually an issue.

However a few years back, in an ironic twist of fate, people that had purchased the novel 1984 for their kindle woke up to find it missing & amazon acting like they had never ever purchased it (just did a credit card refund and totally deleted the information from their order history). Based of a supposed court order.

So like everything electronic these days. If it connects to "the cloud" somewhere or somehow, beware when the storms grumble.

Amazon (and whoever they give/sell the information to) also knows everything that you have on your device, what you have read, down to how long you stay on a single page and how many pages of a file you have read and at what times.

Amazon can decide, (or be told to), remove any file/document/book (or for that matter put on) if your kindle happens to connect to the internet, or if the internal cell modem on models so equipped, gets a signal.

Not usually an issue.

However a few years back, in an ironic twist of fate, people that had purchased the novel 1984 for their kindle woke up to find it missing & amazon acting like they had never ever purchased it (just did a credit card refund and totally deleted the information from their order history). Based of a supposed court order.

So like everything electronic these days. If it connects to "the cloud" somewhere or somehow, beware when the storms grumble.

Amazon (and whoever they give/sell the information to) also knows everything that you have on your device, what you have read, down to how long you stay on a single page and how many pages of a file you have read and at what times.
While this all may be/is true, "amazon" and "kindle" are NOT the only two manners in which "digitized print" can be stored and read. There are a number of other manners/sites/formats in which written and/or printed (published?) media can be stored, retrieved, and read. On a number of different devices. Some examples are:
PDF
EPUB
MOBI
AZW3
FB2
HTMLZ
LIT
LRF
PBD
PDF
PMLZ
RB
RTF
SNB
TCR
TXT
TXTZ
ZIP

Now, I realize that this sounds like I just changed the topic to the latest "gender title acronym-of-the-day" but those are all different saving/reading formats available on ONE "converting" program. So whatever your manner is, that is kept EMP safe as well as useable, can be utilized. Just the same as someone else suggested regarding "print out what you want to keep",,,, or better yet go both ways. (but then that goes back to the "gender title of the day" and I want to avoid such here.)

Ironically enough for this site, but a program called Calibre does what I just suggested above. There are others. One does NOT have to rely on the "mainstream bully's" to read or store. I'm just saying...

Yeah I havent bought a Kindle yet- this is a new project although I have been snatching up books. There are a few websites that update daily with preparedness oriented Kindle books when they come up for free so at least building the library at njo cost until I finalize on a device. Been going round and round with Nook vs Kindle vs everything else and converting files. Seems like Amazon has the best selection of books I want and a number are 'free'. Some specialty topics around radio antennas and oddball things can be harder to find. I really like that Nook can be stored on an SD card but discovered you can backup Amazon files which would be the plan along with converting maps, ballistic tables and reloading data, converting free Nook books, personal documents, etc to be viewed on the Kindle. In SHTF not worried about my device connecting to the internet and clawing stuff back. I am worried about device failure and having that local backup though I can put on other devices though. Its a pain in the ass however you do it regardless of device.

Better place if the fear is emp is an old microwave oven.

For sure. On the ever growing (instead of shrinking) list to keep the old one when its time to replace and repurpose it although recent interest in ham radio means Im going to want something bigger than a microwave for a backup radio.

To the OP- sorry about the thread derailment here.

Read William Forstchens "One Second After" and see what medical issues he described and if it fits your situation, plan accordingly.
A lot of EMA people read that book and recommend it.